Scheduling an update to a page

Can anyone advise what happens to the current version of a page when you
create an updated version which you publish scheduled to go live at some
point in the future?

Does the current version become unpublished, leaving nothing but some kind
of error message, or does it stay up until replaced by the new one? Obviously
the second of these is what I'd like...

If you are talking about pages in a publishing site of SharePoint, the pages
library has versioning enabled. Users see the current major (published)
version of the page when they view the page. As you modify the page you are
working on drafts, (unpublished). When you then publish the new page it
becomes the next major version and that is now what the users will see. The
page must be approved before it becomes a major (published) version.

"Giles." <Giles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone advise what happens to the current version of a page when you
> create an updated version which you publish scheduled to go live at some
> point in the future?
>
> Does the current version become unpublished, leaving nothing but some kind
> of error message, or does it stay up until replaced by the new one?
> Obviously
> the second of these is what I'd like...

0
Daniel
4/27/2010 3:12:34 PM
Daniel,

Thanks, it is pages I'm talking about but I'm not sure if the standard rules
apply  where I use the page scheduling feature to set the time for
publication in the future.

What I mean is, I've updated the page with new content but I don't want this
to become visible to users until a week from now. So if I set the published
date to next week and then publish and approve the page (today), does the
current page still remain live until next week?

"Daniel A. Galant" wrote:

> If you are talking about pages in a publishing site of SharePoint, the pages
> library has versioning enabled. Users see the current major (published)
> version of the page when they view the page. As you modify the page you are
> working on drafts, (unpublished). When you then publish the new page it
> becomes the next major version and that is now what the users will see. The
> page must be approved before it becomes a major (published) version.
>
> "Giles." <Giles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone advise what happens to the current version of a page when you
> > create an updated version which you publish scheduled to go live at some
> > point in the future?
> >
> > Does the current version become unpublished, leaving nothing but some kind
> > of error message, or does it stay up until replaced by the new one?
> > Obviously
> > the second of these is what I'd like...

Are you talking about Content Management? I'm not sure what scheduling
feature you are referring to.

> Daniel,
>
> Thanks, it is pages I'm talking about but I'm not sure if the standard
> rules
> apply  where I use the page scheduling feature to set the time for
> publication in the future.
>
> What I mean is, I've updated the page with new content but I don't want
> this
> to become visible to users until a week from now. So if I set the
> published
> date to next week and then publish and approve the page (today), does the
> current page still remain live until next week?
>
> "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
>
>> If you are talking about pages in a publishing site of SharePoint, the
>> pages
>> library has versioning enabled. Users see the current major (published)
>> version of the page when they view the page. As you modify the page you
>> are
>> working on drafts, (unpublished). When you then publish the new page it
>> becomes the next major version and that is now what the users will see.
>> The
>> page must be approved before it becomes a major (published) version.
>>
>> "Giles." <Giles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can anyone advise what happens to the current version of a page when
>> > you
>> > create an updated version which you publish scheduled to go live at
>> > some
>> > point in the future?
>> >
>> > Does the current version become unpublished, leaving nothing but some
>> > kind
>> > of error message, or does it stay up until replaced by the new one?
>> > Obviously
>> > the second of these is what I'd like...

0
Daniel
4/27/2010 6:33:02 PM
Sorry, yes, I am talking about content management.

The bit I mean is where, having created or edited a page, there's a button
in the editing menu bar called 'Page' which includes an option of 'Page
Settings and Schedule'. Within this one of the things you can do is to
'Specify when you want this page to appear and end,' and you can set the
start date to some point in the future so that the page doesn't become
visible to users until then.

Giles.

"Daniel A. Galant" wrote:

> Are you talking about Content Management? I'm not sure what scheduling
> feature you are referring to.
>
> "Giles." <Giles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Daniel,
> >
> > Thanks, it is pages I'm talking about but I'm not sure if the standard
> > rules
> > apply  where I use the page scheduling feature to set the time for
> > publication in the future.
> >
> > What I mean is, I've updated the page with new content but I don't want
> > this
> > to become visible to users until a week from now. So if I set the
> > published
> > date to next week and then publish and approve the page (today), does the
> > current page still remain live until next week?
> >
> > "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
> >
> >> If you are talking about pages in a publishing site of SharePoint, the
> >> pages
> >> library has versioning enabled. Users see the current major (published)
> >> version of the page when they view the page. As you modify the page you
> >> are
> >> working on drafts, (unpublished). When you then publish the new page it
> >> becomes the next major version and that is now what the users will see.
> >> The
> >> page must be approved before it becomes a major (published) version.
> >>
> >> "Giles." <Giles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Yes, the page does not go live until the publish date. Until then users will
see the current item.

> Sorry, yes, I am talking about content management.
>
> The bit I mean is where, having created or edited a page, there's a button
> in the editing menu bar called 'Page' which includes an option of 'Page
> Settings and Schedule'. Within this one of the things you can do is to
> 'Specify when you want this page to appear and end,' and you can set the
> start date to some point in the future so that the page doesn't become
> visible to users until then.
>
> Giles.
>
> "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
>
>> Are you talking about Content Management? I'm not sure what scheduling
>> feature you are referring to.
>>
>> "Giles." <Giles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Daniel,
>> >
>> > Thanks, it is pages I'm talking about but I'm not sure if the standard
>> > rules
>> > apply  where I use the page scheduling feature to set the time for
>> > publication in the future.
>> >
>> > What I mean is, I've updated the page with new content but I don't want
>> > this
>> > to become visible to users until a week from now. So if I set the
>> > published
>> > date to next week and then publish and approve the page (today), does
>> > the
>> > current page still remain live until next week?

0
Daniel

Online Updates forgets passwords
I am using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and update my accounts all the time usually without any issues. Probably once a week the program "forgets" a password on some account and I have to reenter it again and then it all works okay for awhile. Yes, when I reenter the password I check the box to remember passwords. Any idea what causes this and is there a work around? In microsoft.public.money, SandC wrote: >I am using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and update my accounts all the time >usually without any issues. Probably once a week the program "forgets" a &g...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

can only see master page in Publisher 2003
I am running win XP Pro sp2 and Office XP Pro sp2 on two differen PC's. about 10 days ago I updated to IE7, Now when I open publisher files, I find that I can only see master pag in all the multipage that opened ok 2 months ago. However I can still open on a pc running Office XP Pro sp1 and IE6 IE7 killed my HP Director software (download new HP premier printe file) and windows defender started hogging 50-90% of cpu time (deleted) any idea -- David Thew found problem, "View....Status Bar" "David Thew" wrote: > > I am running win XP Pro sp2 and O...

Update Online Quotes MM2002
Anybody encountered problems updating online stock prices? Call is completed successfully, however, prices are not updated. ...

worksheet has 1 page of data but is 84 pages long
I have several worksheets in a workbook but 1 worksheet is 84 pages long with only data to fill 1 page. What can I do to reduce it to the single page it really is? Hi Donna, What happens if you select all empty cells, Clear All, save, close then reopen? Ken Johnson Most likely there is a cell somewhere that inadvertently got filled with data somehow. The fixes for this are: 1. Define the print range to include just the real data; or 2. Highlight, then delete or clear all the columns to the right of your desired data, and highlight and delete or clear all the rows below your desired data....

Can I update?
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, Sorry if this question has already been answered: Can I update Office v.X on my new MacBook? How do I go about it, and which is the latest version available to me? Many thanks in advance, Clumsy Chris Hi Chris - You can still obtain the 10.1.9 update for Office X here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930403/en-us However, this is the last update for that version and Office X is no longer supported by MS. Also, I've no experience with the combination myself, but I've seen a number of issues concerning it in...

Offline Address Book not updating #3
We use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 200 and 2003. Outlook 2003 use the outlook s in cache mode, be have latey noticed "some" user aren't getting the new GAL after a day or so. We run the Offline Address Book from excahnge at midnight and 1pm. What could be the probem? Mine seems to be fine, be some users are can be 2-4 weeks old... Try taking them off cache mode. 1) Settings -> Control Panel -> Mail -> Email Accounts -> View or Change existing email settings Select Exchange server and click change 2) Check off the cached mode. -> Click Next and finish....

Rows to repeat getting cut off on 2nd page
I set rows 1-3 to repeat on all pages, but on the second page, it is getting cut off a few columns in.any suggestions? thanks! ...

Update Public/Busy Data ???
I'm in the process of resolving a few critical issues with the way Outlook 2000 is performing after reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling everything including Office 2000 Professional. Issues seem to be only with Outlook at this point (I'm one week 4). After having moved my pst folder back to where I think the default directory is supposed to be (C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Applications Data\Microsoft\Outlook), a window appeared - at least 15 minutes to half an hour later - that read: Microsoft Outlook Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation failed. Can someone please...

Why does change in IV00102 update DEX_ROW_TS in IV00101?
We've had some performance problems since upgrading to GP10. In researching this problem I discovered that the item quantities table, IV00102, has an AFTER UPDATE trigger called zDT_IV00102U that updates the item master table, IV00101 (specifically, it is setting IV00101.DEX_ROW_TS to the current date and time). We had auditing set up on IV00101, thinking that auditing changes in a master table would not have much impact on performance, but because of this trigger every time a document posts that changes inventory quantities our auditing on IV00101 fires also. What is th...

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

Adding pages to Web site after converting from newsletter
In Publisher 2002, it was possible to add a specific type of page to your Web site after converting from a publication, but I can't figure out how to do this in Publisher 2003. I can add duplicate or blank pages, but I don't see how I can add a Related Links page. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barb um... Insert Menu, Page, select Related Links from page type menu, click OK. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "barb" <barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C0AA764-1C39-4A79-A69E-CB63B65F0F3B@microsoft.com... > In...

Tabbed Pages Not Refreshing
Access 2007, with two tables. Table A has field1 as the primary key field Table B has field1(same as field1 in table A) and field2 as a dual primary key. The two table are joined via an inner join using field1 (1 to many) A form has been created, towards the top is field1 plus other fields from table A The form has 5 pages below, with field2 on each page. If I create a new row on the first page of the paged portion of the form, and enter a value into field 2, it will not show up on the other pages unless I navigate to the next record on the main portion of the form and then go ...

Subreport out of synch when manually jump page numbers
I have a main report with a subreport, linked Child-Master. My report & subreport works fine if I use the Next page button. It also works fine if I manually enter the NEXT page number. But the problem is when I manually enter a page number that is not next in line (jump 2 or more pages). My main report jumps to the correct number, but my subreport does not jump -- it only increments by one. Here is the situation Load report Month = 1 Report = 1 Subreport = 1 (Good) Hit next page button Month = 2 Report = 2 Subreport = 2 (Good) Enter the number 8 to jump pages Month = 8 Report = 8 ...

Print only certain scheduled activities
I use my Outlook calendar for everything, including some things that are simply alarms to remind me to do something on a daily basis, like fill out my time card before I go home, or check a website for updates. However, when I print out my schedule to put in my planner, I obviously do not need this daily reminder to print also. Is there a way to only have some tasks print and others not? Or is there a better method for me to simply set up an alarm for some of these daily reminder tasks? Thanks a ton - Laurie Set your reminders as tasks and for daily tasks set it up to reoccur with remin...

Re: How to print e-mails without a logo or page numbers please.
ICAgICAgICAg ...

Is it possible to setup a self-updating master list?
I want to setup a master data spread sheet that will update automatically from data entered in muliple other sheets. Bassically if I enter data additional data into the existing sheets that data would automatically appear in the Master data sheet. Does Anyone have any answers? mbh: You might try using either VLOOKUP formulas or linking the main tab with the others. Could you be more specific or post an example spreadsheet with what you are trying to do? -- cparaske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cparaske's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Updating the Value of Vehicles
When I update the value of vehicles in Money, it lists it as an expense on monthly reports. I have a loan set up for one of the vehicles. How can I remove it from an expense and keep it separate for net worth???? -- Stephen and Erica Chenelle But it is an expense. Perhaps on whatever reports you are concerned with, you should exclude the asset account? Many of us do not track vehicles in asset accounts since they only go one way. Toward $0. "Stephen & Erica Chenelle" <schenelle@cox.net> wrote in message news:8faTb.8617$EW.949@okepread02... > When I update the v...

page numbers 11-30-09
I am trying to write a book and I am using landscape view with 2 columns. I want each column to be it's own page. How do I number each column or is that even possible? This is not the correcy use of Columns, search for "Book Fold" in the Help, this may be more useful. This format is used for booklets, etc. Tip, ignore any reference to Master and Sub-documents, this feature is very buggy. If the book is going to contain a large number of pages, I would create the book first in a "normal" layout, i.e. no columns, etc. and sort out the layout at the end of t...

Automatically updating fields
Hi, Sorry to repost this but I just want to check whether there are any new options for what I want to do: I have several thousand records in MS CRM (leads and accounts), which contain fields like annual turnover, number of employees etc. In 12 months time the information in such fields will be out of date and I need to be able to up date these fields from an external source so that we can continually target our marketing activity based on fields like turnover, number of employees etc. Responses to my original post gave the following options: 1. Scribe Insight 2. Write SDK Calls 3. Update t...

Office Word 2007 Page Borders
I have trying to add a page border to my document. I select the page border feature and select all sides for the border to be applied. After it is selected I can see it in the normal view of the document but when I select print preview or print the file the bottom lines of the border are missing. I have tried to change the margins, change the border line pt. size and and other things all with no success of getting the line to appear on the print preview or on the actual printed document. What is causing this and how can I get them resolved? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/For...

First labels page...
Does anybody still have a problem after installing SP2, with "Only the first page of labels prints in landscape, any additional pages will print in portrait." Hotfix 159 which is included in SP2 was supposed to fix this, but it doesn't work for me. Any suggestions? ...

Automatic overflow to next pages after earlier insertions
I am producing a long document in MS Publisher V2000 SP3 and I wish to return to earlier pages to make insertions, some extensive, without having manually to adjust all subsequent pages. How do I cause overflow to function automatically from one page to the next? I have tried employing text frames and also not using text frames, but the overflow does not occur without manual intervention. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, especially since I am trying to meet a deadline! Regards to everyone. Terry Joyes Do your extensive changes in a separate text box, copy, paste into th...

How can a different web page (aspx) access anothers session variab
Hello Community Using ASP.NET, C# and Sql Server I produce a report by declaring session variable and passing the variables to a report like so: Session["ssnum"] = varssnum; Session["lname"] = varlname; Session["fname"] = varfname; Session["dob"] = vardob; Session["phone"] = varphone; ResponseHelper.Redirect("lFolder/reports.aspx?varssnum;=" + row.Cells[1].Text + "&varlname=" + row.Cells[2].Text + "&varfname=" + row.Cells[3].Text + "&vardob=" + row.Cells[4].Text + ...

Post Scheduling
Hi, We have in our company a huge number of SOP transactions daily, and the posting for these transactions is a very big issue since it takes alot of time. and my question if there is any way to schedule the posting process to be at the down times (night). Any ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated. First create a GPS macro to perform the desired steps. and then use the macro in a MS DOS Bat program. here is an example of a BAT file that includes a macro: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Great Plains\Dynamics.exe" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Busin...