Project management

Hi,

We run SharePonit 3.0. I want to set up a site on sharepoint for project
management. Can someone tell me which sharepoint template is for project
management?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

I don't think there is *a* template for this.  But there is a terrific
book from O'Reilly that I would highly recommend you read and use what
you learn there.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SharePoint-Project-Management-Create-Information/dp/059652014X?&camp=2486&linkCode=wsw&tag=0019030-21&creative=8922

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 27/05/10 22:59, Lisa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We run SharePonit 3.0. I want to set up a site on sharepoint for project
> management. Can someone tell me which sharepoint template is for project
> management?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Lisa
0
Rob
5/28/2010 5:50:54 AM
You can download and install the Project Tracking template (one of the 40
'fantastic' sharepoint application templates  - see
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/sharepoint/bb407286.aspx)
It's not too good though and you'll be hard pressed to be actually use it
for managing a real-life project.

There are over 2 hours of videos focused on using Sharepoint  for project
management here: http://sharepointresourcecenter.com/project-management.html
- you'll be better off to look through them and put together a solution that
meets your needs.

Greg Osimowicz
--
http://SharepointResourceCenter.com
....your gateway to all things Sharepoint...

"Lisa" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We run SharePonit 3.0. I want to set up a site on sharepoint for project
> management. Can someone tell me which sharepoint template is for project
> management?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Lisa

Problems with Exch. System Manager on local workstation
I'm am trying to run Exchange System Manager from my own computer which is Windows XP. I start the program with my Exchange Admin credentials and it comes up fine. I can perform all of my duties except when I click on Client Permissions of a public folder I receive this error. The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 ID no: C1050000 Exchange System Manager I have looked at the following MS KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842019 unfortunately to no avail. Any help would be muc...

Exchange System Manager Question
We have a mixed enviroment with exchange 2000 and 2003. Running the system manager from any given machine, should you or should you not see ALL the information in system manager? For example, in folder replication status if I go to details from some machines (worksations and servers) I do not see any information. My undersatnding was that you should see all the information in system manager regardless of where it was run from. ...

Unable to open .mpp with Project 2007
I have a colleague that has saved a Project 2007 (.mpp) file to a SharePoint document library. I have tried repeatedly to open the file using Project 2007 both to edit and as read-only and get the following error: "The file was created by a newer version of Microsoft Office Project and a convertor is needed to open it. Do you want to download the converter from the Microsoft Office Web site?" If I click yes I am redirected to download Project 2003 SP3 which doesn't work since I am not running Project 2003 (Project 2003 has nver been installed on this particular ...

Microsoft Management reporter migration from Frx
I ran the Microsoft Management Report migration wizard. Several reports have an entry in the Row definitions for CBR as a format code and in the "Related Rows" and entry for 195 the row for our Net Sales. In the column definitions we have a formula of B/CBR%. CBR% is generates an error that % is an unexpected character and removing the % I get an error that CBR is not a valid cell reference. The help file seems to indicated that BASEROW should replace CBR but BASEROW is not a selectable option in the Row definitions as a format code. Any idea? ...

Extensions on Integration manager for Conversions
I would like for partners to be able to request a one time 120 day extension on Integration Manager for Conversions for any client and get automatic approval. Too often a client purchases software and the implementation gets delayed. Then we run short of time with IM. Just like we can get an extension on filing our taxes, I think MS should give us one extension per customer on IM for Conversions upon request. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&qu...

Player playing large file .... Best way to manage memory
I am creating a player that will play a large file ... say 500MB. Are CreateFileMapping and MapViewOfFile API going to be useful ..... points to note... 1) I am only going to read the file. 2) The file will reside on the network shared path. 3) I am only going to read the file sequentially. (From start to end) Plz let me know whether normal file APIs are enough or File mapping APIs ..... or is there any other better solution ........ Yes, they could work. Note that you might want to have two views active, to provide some "double-buffering". But also, reading the file in lar...

Manager window navigation
Allow cycling through windows in Manager by pressing Control-` (control-tilde). This is incredibly handy in some Microsoft products, but is not consistently implemented. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Commu...

About Fixed Asset Management
Might I ask some questions about Fixed Asset Management? 1. While I select the currency ID (not functional currency), an error message is prompted with the following information. The Rate Type ID isns associated with Currency ID "XYZ" Message Number: 30910071 But I can use that XYZ in payable transactions. What should I do if I want to correct this mistake and use the non-funcational currency? 2. I have selected "POST PM to FA". After I post payables transaction using FA accounts in PURCHASE type, I can't find the purchase button appear in Asset General Informat...

GP 8.0 Project Accounting
We are doing the Revenue Recognition on December 31, 2007. RR recognizes some of the year 2007 cost transactions only when we enter the transaction date January 1, 2008. meanwhile it does not recognize those transactions when we record RR transaction date December 31,2007 taking into consideration that the cost date and posting date is in 2007. Thanks ...

Multiple Outlook.exe in Windows Task Manager
How do you stop this and why is it there. Sometimes I want to shut down, and I get error messages waiting for another outlook.exe to close >-----Original Message----- >How do you stop this and why is it there. Sometimes I >want to shut down, and I get error messages waiting for >another outlook.exe to close >. >I have the same problem, let me know if you get an answer. You are getting multiple instances of OL, showing in task mngr/processses, because OL is not shutting down when you Close/End it. Have you run Detect/Repair?, Any Com addins?; if so disable these and ...

Closing or Hiding Projects Without Deleting Money 2002
I use money for client's escrow. I am now trying to close or hide outdated projects without deleting them. I don't know what you mean by "close or hide outdated projects." Are you saying you want to have Money not open one of these files by default? Open a different file. Money opens the last one it used. Beyond that, a Money file is just a file. Move it somewhere. You don't want the outdated files in the File recently used menu? That requires hacking in the registry, but it can be done. I do not describe how to hack the registry. If you are savvy enough to hack in...

Adding price levels through Integration Manager
I am trying to add a price level to a group of parts using Integration Manager. In my integration, my source is a CSV file with item number, price level, percent, price, and U of M. The price level already exists in the inventory price level setup. The destination I'm using is Inventory Item in the Great Plains folder. Item number, price level, U of M, percent, and price are mapped to columns in my CSV file. I checked the properties of the integration to make sure it is "Insert and Update", and then run it. It tells me that all of the items in my CSV file were successfully ...

Turn off command buttons if a manager doesn't have accounts
I have a form where users first login and get a UserID. I have a table with accounts and the accounts are assigned to the users. I have a relationship between tblAccounts and tlbUser (UserID). The next form is the main form and I would like certain controls to disappear if the user does NOT have any accounts assigned to him (ie. Sales supervisor). Right now I have it setup where the form checks if that specific UserID is logged in and turns them off accordingly. But pretty soon others without accounts will be able to log in (ie. Purchasers, Customer Reps, Engineers) so this will b...

Update between different project within PWA
Dear all, I have 2 tasks belonging to different project and I want to see the update of one task to the other one. For example, Task A belonging to planning A has got 2 days delay and is linked to Task B which belongs to planning B. After updating Task A, i do not see any update on planning B wihtin PWA. I have set a rules that updated automaticly and the owner of planning A has publish within PWA. Does anyone know why i do not see the changes within PWA? Thanks a lot for your help yann -- The user of the project containing Task B has to actually open that project and allow ...

Email Alert in Project Server Question.
I am using PS 2007 with SP1. I understand that setting "No" in Published field in Project Professional to all the completed tasks will remove the Completed Tasks from "My Tasks" page of resources. Will it remove the tasks to be included in the "email alert" sent to the resources, everytime PM publishes the Project? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Senbag ...

Treat Inventory item purchase for a Project through POP like drop.
Now, the item is received into inventory when the Purchase Order is received upon-leaving it available for any other sale. An inventory adjustment is required to actually assign the item to the project. The purchase of inventory item for a project through POP should be treated similar to a drop-ship purchase - not run through inventory. -- Jeff Burns, CPA TECHVISIONS, LLC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...

Open Position: CRM Global Solutions Manager (MS Dynamics) at Avanade Inc.
Please contact me directly to discuss this awesome opportunity. I am also looking for a CRM developer - Pass the word. Ledonia Davis-Ward | Senior Global Recruiter Avanade Inc | Seattle Service Center 2211 Elliott Ave, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98121 Direct: 206-239-6078 www.avanade.com Hey Matt, Ronald. Do you fancy giving them a telling for using this forum for commercial purposes...... -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "AvanadeRecruiting" wrote: > Please contact me directly to discuss this awesome opportunity. I am > als...

P6 Web vs. Project Server
Ok here is a twist. I have used MS Project and P6. When it comes to building Project Plans I prefer Project. At my old company we used P6 for the Project managers. When the Project Managers wanted to update their project us project planners would create a reflection project. The PM would go make their changes....we would review them and then merge them into the parent project on P6. Does Project Server 2007 offer a similar option? Goobie -- In the future, please post your Project Server questions in the microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup, as this newsgroup is dedic...

Integration manager web service source adapter
I am evaluating several options to integrate Great Plains with a separate system that will serve as a sub-ledger. The sub-ledger system provides integration via web services for GL, AP, and AR transactions. In Integration Manager (7.5), I see the ability to install source adapters for ODBC, text files, and XML files. I suppose I could write a utility to call and consume the sub-ledger's web services and write XML files, but it would be more convenient if Integration Manager provided the ability to call a web service itself. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. The closest to th...

Project 2007: Managed Code Add-in for Importing Tasks from Excel
All, I downloaded and tried to install the below add-in: Project 2007: Managed Code Add-in for Importing Tasks from Excel http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=416B606A-88C8-496F-9AD3-9AFA09780E12&displaylang=en Do I need Visual Studio to install this or is there a simple step by step walk thru on how to install it? Thanks. Cole Hi Cole, hope you are well. The download at the link below provides the complete source code files which need to be compiled by MS Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 or later, with Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) before use...

Project in Business Dev stage
There needs to be ability to set a project in a Business Dev stage ( or prospect) just like we have a hold/completed/closed/open etc. This would allow users to enter time and then should be able to convert into a project when the Bus Dev materializes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...

Visio Partner Webcast Series
Understanding the impact of new applications and hardware updates on today's complex networks is an important part of IT & Network Management. July's Visio partner webcast features two partners with IT & Network Management solutions that incorporate the power of Visio into their solutions to help keep business networks performing optimally. Join us on Tuesday, July 18th at 9am PST for this informative webcast on IT & Network Management Solutions. Partner Profiles Sysoft (www.sysoft-fr.com) Sysoft provides Amarco, a solution for Enterprise Architecture analysis and visua...

few projects in one solution
hi, if I have 2 projects in 1 solution. one project is written in VB and one in C#. Should I expect some problems? or this will work correctly? regards daniel "kazik" <kazik79@o2.pl> wrote in message news:hkf4h5$c5h$1@mx1.internetia.pl... > if I have 2 projects in 1 solution. one project is written in VB and one > in C#. Should I expect some problems? or this will work correctly? No problems at all. It should work without any trouble. kazik wrote: > hi, > > if I have 2 projects in 1 solution. one project is written in VB and one &...

pa purchase order allocate line over many projects
Purchase order is for 10 identical truck bodies for 10 different projects. We would like to allocate the 1 line for the 10 items puchased over the 10 projects rather than have to enter 10 idendical lines. Sometimes we have 18 different items on each purchase order which results in 180 lines on the order. Our purchasing team are spending more time entering data than purchasing goods. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane...

Collections Management Report.pdf Not Available
We are running Great Plains 7.5. In the Documentation\Reports Directory the Collections Management Report.pdf says "This Document Is Not Installed". If I run it from the Online Manuals on the original CD, the same message appears in pdf format, "This Documrnt Is Not Installed" What do I need to do to get a copy of this pdf file on my GP Server? ...