Problem with datasheet & 64-bit installations

Once you have installed a 64-bit installation of Office, SharePoint datasheet
views can't be used any longer. It's related to the ActiveX component only
being compatible for 32-bit systems and not for 64-bit installations.

Please refer to
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/9eb920ba-1a02-4f0c-ae08-6e808e0269c4/?prof=required
for a complete thread, I wanted to share this here because you Office guys
might have some more detail on this (we hope).

Should be fixed on short notice if you ask me, it's blocking me from rolling
out Office 2010 at this point (management wants both 64-bit as well as the
datasheet view working).

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=709e1fee-eadf-47c9-ac05-fb785a734768&dg=microsoft.public.sharepoint.general

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Installation errors. 01-09-04
I'm setting up CRM 1.2 on a completely clean test environment of windows 2000 servers. Near the end of the installation a message pops up "Setup was unable to register the security service." What could be causing this The usual story: To get the MCCRMSecurityService starting, have you tried re-registering it as follows: On your crm server, at command prompt, go to program files - microsoft crm - bin, then run these commands crmsecurityservice -u crmsecurityservice -r -s Peter Lynch "J. Bridger" <Bridger@nospam.ofllc.com> wrote in message news:0aa001c3d6...

GP 10 sp1 Installation guide
Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. If so, can you email to me offline. Contact me and I will send you my email address. -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL I was able to download the install guide. Please send me your email and I will email to you. Steve Berlin steveber@hotmail.com "Joanne" wrote: > Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading > the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. &...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

RMS and/or PC Charge Problems
We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge: For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped or keyed into the system: • DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages) • DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction) • TIMED OUT Attempted solutions: • Turned modem off and on • Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in • Turned the server on/off • Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS • RMS said it is PC Charge • Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS What works:...

Option for fields to show up in datasheet view
Hello, Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the form. I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not know where is it now. Please help. Thanks in advance, Frank -- Frank Situmorang Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on the form, based on the fields the user wants to see. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

Outlook 2003 Signature Problem
I've created a signature with my company logo (.jpg file) using Outlook 2003. When the signature is attached in my email, the photo/icon file shows a box with an 'x' in place of the .jpg file. I checked the location where the files are stored and I found the .jpg file in the proper folder under signatures. Thanks in advance for your help. Mike Tools - options -security tab, click on change automatic download settings. Change to what you want. "Mikeul" <Mikeul@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1132112656.7e1c9b39fdb73a3c7ed44fdbd3e3fbc4@fe5.teranews.com......

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Outlook 2002 HTML printing problem
Outlook 2002. I cannot print HTML emails. Plain text prints without any problems just HTML will not. Office xp pro is at all latest service packs. Anyone have an idea what may be wrong? ...

MS Office 2007 Enterprise Problem
Hi, Gurus, I am using Windows Vista Business version and have installed the above version of MS office. When I close all three application software, i.e., word, excel, and powerpoint, a same message shows up "Microsoft Office Live Add-in Sign-in has stopped working", and then "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Anyone has any idea as to how to correct this? Thanks. Jon Gather all the necessary documentation that you received with the Home Use Program of Office...

Formula Problem #7
Hi there, Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the following formula (it's doing my nut in!): IF([DAY]<>"Y",0,IF(OR((OR((AND((OR([START1]<=7,[START1]<8)),([END1]>7))), (AND((OR([START2]<=7,[START2]<8)),([END2]>7))))),(OR((AND((OR([START3]<=7,[START3]<8)),([END3]>7))), (AND((OR([START4]<=7,[START4]<8)),([END4]>7)))))),1,0) I've replace cell refs with [x..]'s. Many thanks - David It seems that there is a parenthesis missing at the end. Best, Guillermo "Daveo" <writetodaveo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1...

Installation CRM 1.2 on SBS2003 SP1 fails, please help
At the end of my installation I get an error windows with; Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server Setup was unable to provision your organisation Setup was unable to create user settings. Access is denied. (80070005) Active Directory is in native mode I am installing as the administrator (domain admin) security account for services in Local System account Local System account and computer are added to the Pre Windows 2000 comp group Thanks in advance for any support Marc Did you enter your organization name precisely the same way it appears on your CRM 1.2 licenses? -- Matt ...

Lions Club Project Help Needed
I hope I have the right group for this question. I am Radio Auction Chairman in the Rayne Lions Club in Louisiana and I am working with Excel to enter all the items for our Live Radio Auction. I have entered all auction items in Excel and now I want to copy & paste the information into a word document. When I copy & insert the column, it also paste the cells. I need just the information for the newspapers. Can I just copy & paste just into information into a word file without the cells? Also, if I have listed the items from top to bottom in a column, is there any way to flip...

can't install SP1
I run Windows Vista Home Premium (build 6000) on my HP PC. Due to a factory reset I have to get SP1 and SP2 installed, but updates fail regularly. I have downloaded SP1 and SP2 manually from the MS site, but installation attempts fail as well. "An internal error occurred while installing the service pack. Error code: 0x80092002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 for details." I went through all resolution options suggested, with no success. How can I get my OS up to date? 0x80092002 CRYPT_E_BAD_ENCODE An error occurred during the encode or decode ...

Text Format problem
Hello all, I have some cells formatted as text and when I put 256 + characters I have the problem that the cell show "############". How can I fix it without changing the format of the cells? TIA P-A Try putting some line breaks (Alt-Enter) into your text every 200 or so characters "P-A Caron" wrote: > Hello all, > > I have some cells formatted as text and when I put 256 + characters I have > the problem that the cell show "############". > > How can I fix it without changing the format of the cells? > > TIA > P-A Excel has ...

Outlook Clilent Problem Post Rollup2
Installed Rollup2 on server and clients. Desktop clients ok, but on notebook client I can list accounts etc as usual but it wont allow me to click on them to open any record (clicking on a link such as parent account from the contacts list) does work but cant open the records being listed on the screen? Anyone seen anything like this or any suggestions? Thanks Roger If it throws more light on it at the bottom of the Outlook (2007) screen there is a message saying waiting for http://localhost:2525/root/blank.aspx - and it just sits there waiting never apparently finding it? Appreci...