Primary Key for Sharepoint list to prevent duplicates

I need to make sure that no duplicate records can be created in a SP list. If
this were an Access table, I would simply make the field I want to prevent
duplicates in the primary key.  The ID field in SP is auto-generated. How can
I prevent duplicates in a non-ID field of a SP list?

1. Ribbon -> List Settings
2. Access column Settings for your non-ID Column.
3. Check the "Enforce Unique Values" box.

-RH

"bwjohnson1" wrote:

> I need to make sure that no duplicate records can be created in a SP list. If
> this were an Access table, I would simply make the field I want to prevent
> duplicates in the primary key.  The ID field in SP is auto-generated. How can
> I prevent duplicates in a non-ID field of a SP list?

That's just for Sharepoint 2010, right?

I don't recall ever seeing anthing to do this in prior versions.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 01/06/10 16:28, Ryan Hamshire wrote:
> 1. Ribbon ->  List Settings
> 2. Access column Settings for your non-ID Column.
> 3. Check the "Enforce Unique Values" box.
>
> -RH
>
> "bwjohnson1" wrote:
>
>> I need to make sure that no duplicate records can be created in a SP list. If
>> this were an Access table, I would simply make the field I want to prevent
>> duplicates in the primary key.  The ID field in SP is auto-generated. How can
>> I prevent duplicates in a non-ID field of a SP list?

0
Rob

How to know # of address in Distribution List
Hi.. 1) My ISP doesn't allow more than 50 email address, so I make each distribution lists of 50 addresses. In Outlook Express it shows how many email addresses in a group, but whereas in Outlook it doesn't show. Is there a way to know how many address in each Distribution List. 2) Can I do some VBA scripting to show each address a serial number in the Distribution List. I would appreciate your tips & tricks about Distribution Lists. Thanks Wael >-----Original Message----- >Hi.. > >1) My ISP doesn't allow more than 50 email address, so I make each >distr...

Open with list
I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not have iTunes. No big deal, I could select iTunes from my Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to that list? Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithadd.htm ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:43:59 -0600, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: >I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed th...

OnKeyDown .... for the <ENTER> Key
As silly as this may sound, I can't find the CWnd member function (if any) that handles the message when the <ENTER> key is pressed. First I thought OnKeyDown, but it doesn't work. Thanks a lot See if these KB articles help you: Q102589 Q122489 "Abelardo Vacca" <vacca@gebo-indust.com> wrote in message news:01d201c34bc8$82f2d2c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > As silly as this may sound, I can't find the CWnd member > function (if any) that handles the message when the > <ENTER> key is pressed. First I thought OnKeyDown, but it > doesn't work...

Department and Category List
Is there a way to export the department & category list? I made the list after importing my items, and now I want to add the dept & cat's to my items. Any suggestions? Thanks, but where do I find the attachment?? "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote: > I've attached a report that will list Departments and Categories. You can > export this to Excel just like any other report. Not sure if this is really > what you were asking for, but hope it helps. > > You need to use a newsreader like Outlook Express to see attachments. > Please see o...

Drop down list missing.
Has anyone solved the mystery of Data Validation drop downs going AWOL? I ran a macro to clear Web stuff (shapes, hyperlinks etc.) and its impossible to get DV back on this sheet. I had to copy and paste to another sheet and re-enter the DV. Deleting all shapes can delete the arrows for the autofilter. This is not always good: Dim shp As Shape For Each shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes shp.Delete Next shp Dennis Saunders wrote: > > Has anyone solved the mystery of Data Validation drop downs going AWOL? > I ran a macro to clear Web stuff (shapes, hyperlinks etc.) ...

email address listed in vcard
I create a vcard in outlook, but in the name field, I always get my email address. How can I get my name in that field? The email address also shows up in the email field. Outlook version? You're referring to a saved vCard .vcf file, right?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "contrain" <rlaughridge@gordonrees.com> wrote in m...

Three "Contacts" listed in dropdown list
Using Oulook 2003. When composing a new email and clicking :"TO", Select Names appears with 3 CONTACTS listed - only the 3rd contains my contacts. How do I remove the other 2? When Select Names appears, I get the error message that I have to cancel out of and select the third CONTACT for my list to display. This is the error message: "The address list could not be displayed. Contact folder associated with this address list could not be opened, may have been moved or deleted or you may not have permission". Also I have just created a new profile in order to remove...

Problem with IMF and Safe sender list
I don't know where can I create a Safe sender list that affect to all the users in the Exchange Organization ? Could you help me ? Thanks in advance Safe Sender list at the mailbox level does not operate at the SCL threshold set at the Gateway level. Safe Sender is only applicable to the mailbox SCL threshold. The link from the document provided by Microsoft states the following. http://www.nemx.com/products/powertools/ExchangeIMF.asp =====From the Microsoft Exchange IMF Deployment Guide===== "An administrator sets two thresholds that determine ho...

Exclusion List for Data Validation??
Hello! I have cells that require an entry (last names of people), so I have the validation set up for text >1 and <1000. This is good if the user decides to leave it blank, but if they put in a space, or two spaces, or more, or put in words like "none" "N/A" "unknown", etc, those responses are unacceptable. So how can I set up validation to allow for any entry except for blanks, spaces, or a list of words that I will constantly have to adjust as users get more creative? Thanks! VR/ Lost It would be really difficult to try and trap *every possible* ille...

Split Form with need to Provide Selection List
We have an Access 2007 application that has a split form (built on Table-1). We now need to add some type of facility that will allow our users to view data from Table-2 (while working on the Split form based on Table-1). They will then select one row from Table-2 which will contain 6 fields which we need to plug into Table-1. We are still fairly new to Access and we are not sure of the best way to accomplish this task. Thank You, Brad ...

duplicate junk folders in Exchange mailboxes
Hi, Some of the users of our Exchange 2003 (RTM) suddenly startet to find a duplicate Junk Email Folder with a "1" at the end (something like "Junk Email1", though it's a localized version of Exchange so it's not in English). I have read some issues leading to duplicate folders but all seem to be related to the Outlook client, which is not used in our case (all accesses to these accounts with duplicate folders are done through OWA). I tried to connect to these accounts with Outlook 2003 with different command-line switches (like /ResetFolders, etc.) but with...

How do I compare a list of Lotto winning numbers to my ticket?
I have a list of lotto winning numbers in excel such as: row column a 1 11-12-13-14-15-16-17 2 18-19-20-25-29-30-34 3 25-26-27-28-29-30-40 each one of these is in its own cell on a separate row but in the same column. I wan to compare to my ticket which is in the same form e.g.: 20-30-40-50-60-70 is there a way of having excel go through the cells, find the numbers that match any number in my ticket and then copy them to another column in the same row as the original result numbers? the idea is that excel would find any number in a particular cell matching any of ...

Filtered list & maximum no columns problem
Hi I have a filtered list with a considerable amount of associated data, which I am performing calculations on. I have run out of columns for this data. It is not practical to split the data into other sheets, as I am making frequent changes to the filter criteria. Any suggestions? Bertie -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398516 ...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

How to update a specific field from a Find Duplicates querie
I have to update 1 table that has multiple duplications. If i search for duplicate on Field1, Field2, and Field3 all matching, i receive many duplicates where Field4 and Field 5 are different and/or Null. What do i need to do to the query so that Field4 and Field5 will be automatically updated when the duplicate is found? Current: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP Mike Smith 1234 DELETE 9012 Desire result: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP 9012 (...

Blocked senders list #3
When I add senders to my blocked senders list, the next time I open Outlook, there is nothing in my blocked senders list. I have went into my registry under Current Users/Identities/Outlook Express/Rules and deleted the Rules folder with the understanding that it will be rebuilt. This however hasn't fixed the Blocked senders list. Is there something else I need to do? I'm a novice on my computer. Any help would be welcome! Thanks Kris ...

Tab Key problems
Help - All of a sudden my Tab key will not work in a worksheet. If another program is open, when I press Tab the other program opens. If nothing but Excel is open, nothing happens. I am lost without the use of my Tab key! I already checked Tools-Options-Transition key - that wasn't the problem. Thanks. ESL, Do you have a stuck Alt or Ctrl key? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA ----- Original Message ----- From: "ESL in Tyler" <ESL in Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 1:53 PM Subject: Tab Key problems...

Sheet Copy Creates Duplicate Naming Error
I've been copying sheets within a particular workbook and I get an error message that primarily states: " A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name '......', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click YES. - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click NO, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog Box. " I know this is the normal message when you copy an entire sheet that contains named ranges, which i...

Allowing Multi-Select Lists
In 'Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0', I found code to allow for mult-select lists in a form. I have tried this and it does not seem to work. It does not pull the selected item into ntext box. Has anyone else tried this code,or can MS people answer this? Where is the code? I think there should be some JavaScript that you need to modify. :) Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Mar 14, 4:45 pm, Onetreeup <Onetre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In 'Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0', I found code to allow for mult-select > lists in a for...

how can I list FrontPage files by category?
I click view > reports > All Files - and can't see a way to do the above when the file-list appears. View | Reports | Workflow | Categories -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Spider Web Woman Designs http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "Pete" wrote: > I click view > reports > All Files - and can't see a way to do the above > when the file-list appears. "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:376FC971-07F6-4A11-A1...

How to link the content of a cell with a related list of items
I have a workbook that I created for tst item analysis. On the main worksheet is used to enter sudent's response for every multiple-choice question. on another worksheet which is the summary, I wrote a formula that allows me to sknow how many students choose choice 1, choice 2, choice 3,choice 4 for a given question. My challenge is to click on that number of student in the cell to display the list of students who chose cjoice 1, 2, 3, or 4. How canI do that please? -- Ti Moy Here's a formulas model to achieve the underlying objectives: http://cjoint.com/?chjHCSWehb ...

links between lists
i have excel 2002 and Win XP. I am creating two lists of name one line of travel and one alphabetical. I want to know if there is a way a) to link the two together in a way that if i change the sequence number on the travel one it will automatically change the number to the corresponding name in the alphabetical list of name b) and also if i need to delete a line it would delete the corresponding line in the other list. c) would that be possible on the same sheet or even different sheets of the same file That would be fantistic but may be i am dreaming too much. Let's hope ...

Distribution List 12-30-09
I deleted a distribution list in error. Is there a way for me to restore it? Of course. Retrieve it from the Deleted Items Folder or your most recent backup file. -- Russ Valentine "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1886E81E-461E-4636-8116-568DE4221BC7@microsoft.com... >I deleted a distribution list in error. Is there a way for me to restore >it? ...

How to delete most recently used file list
Can someone please tell me how to delete a file from the most recently used file list in Money 2003? The file is already physically deleted so I don't want it in the listing. I am talking about the "File" pull- down list. Thanks!! On Feb 6, 3:50=A0pm, bajpd <ba...@peak.org> wrote: > Can someone please tell me how to delete a file from the most recently > used file list in Money 2003? =A0The file is already physically deleted > so I don't want it in the listing. I am talking about the "File" pull- > down list. Thanks!! Nevermind, i figu...

Tab key press does not work when MS flex grid presend on CFormView Based views
When dynamically create a MS Flex Grid based grid control on a CFormView based view in MFC application, tab will stop working after one press which will put the last columns header of the grid control in focus and you could not tab anymore. You have to move the carrot to another control on the view manually using mouse, then the tab will start working again. This only happens with the .NET VS 2003 and 2005 compiler. Hi Dennis, I have performed some tests on this issue and could repro the problem in our side. In VS2003 and VS2005, if the MSFlexGrid control created dynamically withi...