Newbie question about various forms options

Hi,

    Very new to sharepoint. I've been tasked with trying to use one
list for PTO requests. While the PTO request is being made in a new
record in the list we'd like certain fields to be enterable and
visible. If the user wants to go to the same record after approval and
cancel the PTO request, we'd like another set of fields to be
available to the user.

    What I've found is that I am inundated with various options fo
this. Liveform (a 3rd party tool), swapping list views (seemingly the
easiest since it's a native sharepoint solution), creating custom aspx
pages, infopath, etc.

     As a .net programmer, I'd like some flexibility in creating
forms. What I'd lke to know is what the best option would be.Is 2010
better formswise than 2007? We are currently using MOSS 2007 with
nintex but it doesn't seem to be a complete solution.

   Any advice?

Thanks,
Fig
0
fig000

Sub Form Combo Box
I don't understand why this code does not work. When the user enters a date in a text box the subform combo box (CA_NAME) should only show two choices. But nothing happens, no error, nothing.. Help please.... Private Sub TR_ACKNOWLTR_GotFocus() If Me.TR_ACKNOWLTR <> " " Then Me!frmCaseLog!CA_NAME.RowSource = "Select * from tblCommitteeName where [C_Committee] = 'AG'or 'AL'" End If End Sub "Dan @BCBS" <DanBCBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A659C4-1110-449F-91F5-23FD17A41014@microsoft.com... >I...

Pivot Table Question #12
I've created a pivot table and it works well - counts the number of items in each category. What it doesn't do is count the number of blank cells. It gives me a blank category but, alas, it is blank. I want the blank category line to tell me how many blank cells I have. I know that this is possible, but just can't seem to make it work. Can someone help? Thanks! To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Betty Csehi wrote: > I&#...

Result of crosstab query in form
Hi. In Access 2007 I'm trying to display the result of a crosstab query in a (continuous) form. In the Form_Open event I fill the label Caption and text control ControlSource with the field names from the query. But when I open the form the text controls display the #Name? error. Even when I fill the control sources with the correct field names (selected from the list) I get the message the name is not in the list... What is the solution? Thanks in advance, Ronald. Ronald wrote: >In Access 2007 I'm trying to display the result of a crosstab query in a >...

[newbie] reference <> pointer
Hi, I was just wondering: What's faster, passing a reference to a function or passing a pointer (or is that equal in terms of speed)? void MyFunc(MYSTRUCT &mystr) { if(mystr.a == 1)... } or void MyFunc(MYSTRUCT *mystr) { if(mystr->a == 1)... } Can anyone tell me what's faster? Thanks a lot Peter point faster; reference is advanceed way,take much resoure "Peter Schmitz" <PeterSchmitz@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:A1FC9E5A-990A-40A3-9BF7-FFA255FE74AF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I was just wondering: What's faster, pass...

General question re Error Handling
hello experts This is just a general question for my own education. I've dabbled in a fair amount of Access VBA in the past, but have just started learning about Excel VBA. In Access, we would use Error Handling in almost every sub, but In Excel, error Handling seems to be the exception rather than the rule. I can't even find much about it in the Excel VBA help, and there are relatively few references to it in this forum. What gives? Just Curious Terry W. Terry, I use it all the time. My favorite approach is: Public Const bDebug as boolean = true or false (de...

display selection in form
Hi, In a form I display products. One of the fields in the records is "supplier". Beneath this field I placed a commandbutton "details". Clicking this button shows details of the supplier. These details are stored in a query called "supplierinfo". I built a form "frm SuppInfo"that displays the info of this query. How can I display only the matching record of "supplierinfo" Example: the value of "supplier" in the form products is "Johnson". Clicking the commandbutton must display the record in the query where the val...

a Solver question
Hi, I am trying to use Solver to solve a scheduling problem. We get orders every Sunday, and then schedule the production for the following week. The order is as follows: Prod1 Prod2 Prod3 M 4 1 T 1 W TR 2 1 F 1 SA S 2 The numbers indicate the amount of products we need produced BY this day. And we have schedule tables for two plants like this: Plant 1: Prod1 Prod2 Prod3 M x11 x12 T x21 x22 W x31 TR .... ... ...

Compatiibility question
Hello Since I am going to college I qualify for the academic version of Publisher 2003. If I buy the academic version is this completely compatable with Publisher 2003? I anticipate sharing files with friends who have Publisher 2003. One other short question is when is a new version of Publisher coming out. Thanks Paul I was not aware of an Academic priced version of Publisher 2003. However, there is only one version available, so both will be 100% compatible. The next version of Publisher is due out October/November of 2006. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www....

simple checkbox question
I really dont know much about VBA and/or macros and have what probably is an extremly basic question. I wasnt sure how to word it so when trying to search it i didnt really get any answers. all I want to do is add several checkboxes to a spreadsheet, if the user checks the box, I want the cell underneath it to be equal to 1, or any number or letter, it doesnt matter. i just used 1 in an IF formula but can change it if needed. what i am doing is a timesheet so that users can keep track of how many hours they worked each day, and if that day is a holiday, i want them to be able to use the ch...

Access2007 "calculating" question
I built an pretty big Access2007 application, it works pretty good in general. One thing I do not like is the time it takes on some of the screens with "Calculating" in the status bar before it switches back to "form View" or "Datasheet view". It seems like any kind of calulated control. Any control with the control source set to "= some kind of expression", for example "=Nz([Lastname],"") & ", " & Nz([Firstname],"")" can take a very long time until it is shown to the user (10 seconds fo...

Mo2004
Recently ( a few months ago) I started using MS Money 2004. Previously I had been managing finances on excel with formulas I had created. This was wroking great but someone suggested to switch to financial software to make things flow a bit easier. Since using Money 2004 I have had some struggles: #1 - My budget varies from month to month (who's doesn't?). Whenever I make changes to my budget it apears to retroactivly change all previous months. How can I get it to just change any given month? Along the same lines, can I make adjustments to prior months? #2 - At the end of...

Using Bound Form and controls to inquire and update with other requirements
Most of the stuff I have done in Access mainly dealt with unbound forms due to the fact that I have issues with how error checking is done. It's been a long while since I have worked with Access and now having to get back into it, but only this time with bound forms and controls. I am still needing to use my custom error checking code to get around the fact that without such code, when doing data validation on individual controls (when moving from one control to another) as opposed to doing data validation on the whole form (moving from one record to another record), data validati...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

SMTP - ISP Question
Hi everyone, please accept my apologies in advance if this slightly off-topic but I though this would be a good place to ask... I am looking for some recommendations for a UK ISP who will register a domain (web hosting not terribly important) and will provide me with an SMTP feed. I have the connection and the public IP addresses already so I do not need a bundled service. Many thanks to all in advance, Kapa ...

Exhchange 5.5 2003 smtp Out of Office question
Hiyas, I still have my smtp connector on 5.5 and all my users are on 2003. I have my 5.5 smtp connector allowing the sending of Out of Office emails to external users but for some reason it no longer works. I dont think its worked since I moved the users to the Exchange 2003 server. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. Where is email actually going from? Probably Exchange 2003 unless you have modified the default beavior. If it is leaving via Exch2k3 the Exch 5.5 box is no longer part of the equation. Nue "Jerry Farkas" <JerryFarkas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

ANN: Windows Media Player Plus!
I would like to announce the release of Windows Media Player Plus!, a free plug-in that offers the following enhancements/improvements for WMP: * Tag Editor Plus: an alternative for WMP's Advanced Tag Editor. Tag Editor Plus works on WMP 12 too, where the Advanced Tag Editor has been removed. * Real 'find as you type' in the library: you can simply start typing to search, without having to click on the Search field first. * Access the standard Explorer right-click menu of a media file directly from within WMP. * Restore last active playlist, media item, and pl...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...

HTTP and HTTPS sessions question
Some secure sites have HTTPS session stay secure from login till end of communication with site(log off). Some sites are HTTPS only when log in, after login, they become HTTP, and become HTTPS only when log off. (Yahoo mail for example, etc) What are the chances that session can be intercepted and sidejacked and traffic content recorded, especially as I know this danger really exists, and its carried purposefully and intentionally, by recording DSL traffic. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=session+hijacking+attack&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=sess...

Forms Drop down list
I created a form that works from a table. From the form you can enter information and it will put it into the table. I would like to create a field in the form where the user can selects what to be inputed from a drop downlist. how would I do that? You need to first create another table which contains the values you want to list, each as a separate row in the table. If the values to be looked up are unique, then the 'referenced' table and the 'referencing' table can have the same column, e.g. a States table could have a State column, and the referencing table, e.g. a ...

Problem with quanities in Assembly-newbie
We have been learning and setting up RMS for a while now and everyday we hit a new wall. This is probably because we are newbie’s at the RMS so we are probably missing something simple. We are a computer assembly shop and we are putting assemblies into RMS. If we create an assembly with a serialized part with a quantity of 2 (like memory) it gives us an error in the POS when we bring it up. "Invalid operation 423: Only one serial item allowed per line". If we try and add the lines separate in the assembly we get the error: "Selected item is already a member of this assembly...

Access 2007: Creation date of objects and filter question
1) When using Access 2007 I am able to see the names of all of the tables, forms, reports, etc over to the left. But how do I see the creation or modification date of these objects that I could see in Access 2003? 2) When I right-click on a field in a form, I have all sorts of filtering choices, but how so I filter for everything after an alpha character, e.g. I want all of the names after "Jones". In Access 2003 I'd filter for > "Jones" My only choices involve, begins, ends, contains, equals - there is no longer a >, <=, etc, and it waon't accept t...

IF Statement Question
Hello, I have the following statement that does what I want =IF(G10=3,-3,IF(G10=4,-2,IF(G10=5,-1,IF(G10=9,1,IF(G10=10,2,IF(G10=11,3,0)))))) If the random number is between 3 and 11, a value is generated, my problem is if the number is either a 2 or a 12, I want to get another number For example Random Number List 1 List 2 2 --- 8 7 0 n/a 12 --- 4 So if a number is between 3-11,...

Offline Address book question.
Several articles about OAB referes to "siteFolderServer" attribute in AD. However I'm bit confused as to which object in AD is being referred. What I found that at least two Exchange objects has "siteFolderServer" attribute. - CN=Default Offline AddressList,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=<FIRST ORGANIZATION>,CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*,DC=local" - CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=<First Organization>,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=*,DC=local Can an...

Licensing question
Could a 2 lane license be used for a company that has 2 separate stores with separate databases that are on the same network? Could there be a 3rd computer on that network that could switch from database to database to run reports, order and receive for both of these inventories? Or would they need to get HQ? Pat You could look at the Multi-Location add-in from Retail Realm (http://www.retailrealm.us) . It may fit your needs, but the two locations would be considered a single store. What you are asking will not work though, two databases means 2 dongles. The third management station...

VLookup in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, when you looked up in the Criteria table, the identifier you chose had to be on the end and in alpha numeric order. Is this still the case? If I was to vlook up in multible tables and generate my own unique information, Can I go to a table created in the vlookup and use it even if it is not in alpha numeric order? Is there a work around? I don't really understand your question, but the quick answer is that there is no change in Vlookup from 2003 to 2007. You have always been able to use a table that wasn't in order by using False as the fourth parameter....