Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe

SBS2008 with WSS 3.0
I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk
template.
I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't
access it from a workstation.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks

0
john

You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right?
maybe we need more information such as error message.
how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result.
can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ?
do you get an authentication window ?

"john doe" wrote:

> SBS2008 with WSS 3.0
> I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk
> template.
> I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't
> access it from a workstation.
> Can anyone help me out?
> Thanks
>

> .

You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right?

Yes.

maybe we need more information such as error message.
how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result.

Yes, the workstation pings the server fine. The tracert only has one entry
the server ip address at 1ms.

can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation
?

Yes, I can access a normal website.
The workstation can access the default IIS7.0 website on the server and
it can access OWA on the server. But it can't access the HelpDesk page that
I created.
But I can access the HelpDesk site and OWA on the server in IE8.

do you get an authentication window ?

No

0
john

Create document in mainframe
I need some advice on the dseign of an MDI app given the following: I have a menu item in the mainframe "Load Test(s)", which allows the user to select one or more tests to be executed. After the files are selected, there is a function in the mainframe which detects how many devices are connected. Based on the number of connected devices, I would like to create a doc for each device. All the app-wizard code regarding the document resides in the "App" file, but is it possible to handle this in the mainframe? TIA. (a) why? That's what doc/view architecture is all about ...

find the latest date in access 2007
hi there! I'm a bit stressed trying to get this sorted by I just cant! My question is the following. I have a database of three tables: Dis_cat, admission and patient. The Dis_cate table has only two categories : dead and alive. I just have to find out who was the last patient to die. I have this code in access: SELECT Dis_cat.category, Admision.outdate, Patient.pname FROM Patient INNER JOIN (Admision INNER JOIN Dis_cat ON Admision.dischno = Dis_cat.dischno) ON Patient.nhsno = Admision.nhsno WHERE (((Dis_cat.category)="dead")); But I cant find the latest date. I...

Cannot see Access querry in Microsoft word
I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in Microsoft Word. (Microsoft Office 2003) See response in the mailmerge fields newsgroup -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Guy Delaney" <delaney@unitedsolution.net> wrote in message news:e7ccT6hnKHA.5700@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in > Microso...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

Public Folder access
How can i change it so an account i'm using for exchsync has owner privelages on the All Public Folders root on Exchange 5.5? Many thanks, Phill H. A problem with PF permissions here is the lack of granularity and the ability to append rather than overwrite. You would need to use some 3rd party tools to add the permission with granlarity. Aelita and I think NetIQ have such tools. >-----Original Message----- > How can i change it so an account i'm using for exchsync has owner privelages on the All Public Folders root on Exchange 5.5? > > Many thanks, > >Phil...

Create Windows Directories from column entries?
I have to create approximately 2800 folders. I have created a worksheet which has concatenated the various data needed to create the final desired name of each directory. I am now copying and pasteing while ALT-TABing between a Windows "Open Folder" dialog window, where I hit the "New Folder" button. I am wondering if there is a way to have a select column/row set to be coded or scripted to make the output to new windows directories? Thank you For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Rpw mkDir Cells(i,"A").Value End If ...

creating forms in outlook
how can i create a voting form in outlook 2002 We need a little more information then that in order to help. If you just want to create an email with the form fill options, open up a new message and go to view, toolbars, forms. Then click in the body of the message and create your form that way. You could also create it in word and send as an attachement. Either way make sure you lock the form before you send the email out that way the people receiving the message will not be able to edit the form you create. >-----Original Message----- >how can i create a voting form in...

Need Help with Pub 2007
I have printed a bunch of books from Pub 2007 .... it is set up by Pub and is a folded 8.5 X 11 page that makes the book 5.5 X 8.5 when folded. When you print this you get page 1 on the right side of the sheet and page 64 on the left side .... when you flip over the page you get page 2 on the left side and page 63 on the right. It's all good .... it all works out fine for the folded book. Here is the problem I'm trying to solve. Ocassionally I need to replace a sheet that did not print as expected. How can I command Pub 2007 to print out a specific page on both sides from a ...

Outlook Web Access Problem
Hi All, Heres short version of my recent post. On accessing my Exchange Server Outloook Web Access from internet through a firewall from Windows 2000 client, I am unable to login and after 3 tries get "Error: Access is denied". Please refer to my recent post with subject for explanation to question "OWA Access Is Denied for Win2k Users on internet" Thank You, rawCoder Havent seen the other posts, but this is always a good place to start: E200x: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326303 5.5: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

convert sql file to access
Is there any way i can convert a sql file (downloaded as a backup from an online forum) to ms access? Basically the aim of doign this is to be able to print a custom made report from the forum data Well, there is a free working copy of sql server on your office CD (it is the desktop editing of sql server called MSDE). Perhaps you can just install that..and then view/edit the data? The MSDE . At that point, you can either a) simply export the data to something that ms-access can read. (if you have the sql server tools installed, then you can use the DTS services ..and export to ms-ac...

Public Folder client access permissions
Hi, I am unable to view MAPI permissions when i click client permissions from Public folder properties. The permissions I see instead is of Windows 2003 format... I want to view permissions in MAPI format. I am using ESM > Folders > Public Folder tree branch to assign permissions. ref url http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/pubfolderpermissions.mspx#EME if you see in the above URL, there are two windows, one is MAPI permissions other is Windows 2000 permissions..I want MAPI one..that is easier.. Your reference refers to different types of Public Fol...

Create sequence number for table
Hi, I have a table with a Title field, comment field and a Sequence field. I would like code to sort the table by Title and then fill in the Sequence field based on the order of the records. The first record would have a sequence number of 1, the second record a 2, etc. Can someone help me with code to do this? Thanks in advance. "Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432342F6-AD55-405B-8CDF-43414FBE421D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a table with a Title field, comment field and a Sequence field. I > would like ...

Need PHStat Add-in. How, where do I find it?
I need to utilize Excel to draw a boxplot of data. Net search on "phstat" revealed this site. http://www.prenhall.com/phstat/ Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:17:02 -0800, "aklo" <aklo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to utilize Excel to draw a boxplot of data. ...

Outlook creating zip file with attachments
When I send attachments, instead of the file being sent as an attached file in the native format (Word, PowerPoint etc) the file is converted to a zip file. How can I stop this, or prevent it from occuring? I have unchecked everything in PKZip's configuration setup that makes any reference to email. Thanks. Uncheck that option under Quick View Plus settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After sea...

Tony Toews Blog re Access Copyrite
Hi I read Tony Trowes comment (with which I agree) and was wondering about copywrite (or copyright?). http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/archive/2007/11/12/google-s-motto-quot-don-t-be-evil-quot-hogwash.aspx So, here is a formula that I came up with this morning. = [SomeOtherField] I know, it's impressive. Question. Do I own the copywrite on this formula? OK I know this is daft example but some (all) of the codes and answers that are posted in this forum take quite a while to work out and are slightly more complex. I have been informed that copyright can be awarded or taken &q...

Create and Use Button Menu using visual Basic in Excel
The following code is very simple. All I need to do is figure out how get the result of the userform entry from the click event. I apologize if seems to easy but I have trouble with userforms and menus getting user data. Thanks for Your Help Sub test() UserForm1.show If Me.OptionButton1 = "True" Then Debug.Print "Option One has been Selected" Else Debug.Print "This has failed miserably" End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() Dim Sel As String Unload Me MsgBox ("You Select Buton 1") Sel = Me.OptionButton1 End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_...

Office XP Professional User having Trouble Accessing Excel and Office Updates
I am suddenly having trouble accessing Excel and Office Updates. According to my profile I have the following version of Office: MSOffice XP Professional Version 2002 SP1 When I try to go in to Excel I get a Windows Installer pop-up. Then its goes to Windows Installer and I get an error message saying" the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Then I get Error 1706. Setup cannot fing the required files. The patch \\Puma\base\software\desktop\officexp\PROPLUS.MSI cannot be found I am also running into a similar problem when trying to ...

File Version Needed
Could someone running Exchange 55 SP4 go to the add-ins container and get the file version of Internet Mail connecter for i386 (I need to put it back). Many Thanks. If you area talking about \exchsrvr\ADD-INS\SMTP\I386\IMCADMIN.DLL my version is 5.5.2653.23 size is 442,128 (442,368 in disk) Last Modify date is 10/19/2000 -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Mike Parker" <a1200.68030@virgin.net> wrote in message news:1fd801c3a903$cfd9cf60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Could someone running Exchange 55 SP4 go to the add-ins > container and get the file version of Internet Mail > ...

Need to turn off prompt about putting on clipboard or not...
When I copy a large spreadsheet and go to paste it in a blank spreadsheet I get a prompt asking if I would like to keep on clipboard to copy later on (click "YES") or if I want to delete from the clipboard (click "NO"). How can I make it so this prompt no longer appears? Thanks!! ...

Problems With Access 97 in Access 2002
I have an Access 97 database that I am opening in Access 2002 in “compatability” mode. What is happening is that it goes into a “loop” – the status bar shows messages over and over. Sometimes I can break out of it. I can convert it Ok, however. What’s going on? ...

How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel #2
How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel Tools menu - Options - Color tab. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Stick Frame" wrote: > How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel XL can only display 56 colors at any one time. You can change any of the 56 using Tools/Options/Colors, and clicking the Modify button. In article <6A3E973D-A17D-48FA-B07C-9242895DF17F@microsoft.com>, "Stick Frame" <StickFrame@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel ...

Multivalued Field Functionality in Access 2003
Hello All, I am in a bit of a dilemma. I am trying to design an Access Database that quite frankly needs multivalued fields so that I can use a checked listbox, but I am limited to Access 2003 and cannot use Access 2007, in which I already have a fully working model. I am building a database with a central table, called GENERAL. There are 5 additional forms, DRUGNAME, ADDITIONALMEDICATIONS, INJURYINFORMATION, etc. Each one contains one field which has a list. For example the DrugName table would contain a list of all the prescription drugs that the person possibly could have been on. In 200...

Use Category to create distribution Lists
How do I use categories to send an Email to everyone in the contact list with the same category. Thanks Bryan Open your contact folder in a table view. (By Category works best.) Find the category you want to mail and drag and drop the collapsed category to the in-box. A new mail message will open with the names in the TO: field. If you want to use the BCC, then select all and drag them to the BCC field. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Bryanp <pefjunk@yahoo.com> asked | How do I use c...

Need to be able to shelter deductions from worker's comp
Ohio needs to be able to shelter deductions from worker's comp. We need the same functionality in the worker's comp setup window that is in the unemployment setup window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

web site search engine.
I am creating a website with Publisher an would like to know how create a search field that will allow me to find Site documents and other listing on the site. I highly recommend Zoom Search from WrenSoft (www.wrensoft.com). There is a free version (does not have ads), a basic version and a Pro version. Mike Mr Question wrote: > I am creating a website with Publisher an would like to know how create a > search field that will allow me to find Site documents and other listing on > the site. Google and others, offers code that you can insert into your Publisher pages via the...