Install order for SharePoint 2010, SQL Server 2008R2, etc.

Hi, all,

I'll post this in the SQL Server area as well.

I'm creating a new VM with 2008R2, SharePoint 2010, and Office 2010
beta/Gemini.

Is there a specific order I should install these in?

Many thanks....

0
Scott

1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint
0
Kamlesh
1/15/2010 8:02:10 AM
Thanks very much!!!

"Kamlesh" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.sharepoint.general/Install-order-for-SharePoint-2010-SQL-Server-2008R2-etc

0
Scott

Migration to different server.
Hi, currently have a single exchange 2003 server on a windows 2000 member server. Our plans are to migrate the exchange 2003 server to a newer server running windows 2003. My thoughts on this would be as follows: Install exchange 2003 on the new server, and add it to the current exchange site. Move the mailboxes,let Outlook clients pickup the new server, remove old exchange. Any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated. jason remember to move/replicate any public folders as well...here's an article to look at... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MV...

Exchange 2000 Server database size not reduced after doing offline defrag
Hi, I'm having a exchange 2000 server SP3 and 25 mailboxes .If I calculate total mailboxes size it will come as 7 GB.But Priv1.edb and Priv1.stm total size showing as 15.3GB now.Done the offline defragmenting also.It just reduced only 300 MB.I don't know why this much difference in database size. Regards, Shibu Go into ESM and add the column to View Deleted Items(KB). Does that help account for some of the space? <shibu77@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1165256314.731282.228320@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm having a exchange 2000 server...

Duplicate in last 100 Orders
I need to generate a warning that a [Container#] has been entered within the last 100 orders [REF#] I need the user to then choose whether to accept the entry or re-enter the data. My assumption is this code can be entered on the from at the "After Update" event. Suggestions please. -- A MACKENZIE, CMA, MBA UNTESTED UNTESTED Have "After Update" event call macro with this condition to display message -- (SELECT TOP 100 Count([Container#]) FROM YourTable HAVING [YourTable].[Container#] = [Forms]![YourFormName]![YourTextBox] ORDER B...

GP 8.0 and SQL 2005
i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS help me to install it? regards Fouad Farhan Fouad, GP 8.0 is not yet supported on SQL 2005. You can either install GP 8.0 on SQL 2000 or GP 9.0 on SQL 2005. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Fouad" <fo_fo_2000@yahoo.com.FOR_SPAM> wrote in message news:6EE969A2-D8C1-4394-84FE-CE59B5242218@microsoft.com... >i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS > help me to install it? > regards > Fouad Farhan It's not advisable to start upgrading to SQL 2005 on a p...

Server rule involving GAL
I've set up a rule to filter messages from anyone in my GAL (moves the messages to specific folder). The rule is accepted but moves none of the messages from my in-box. I'm running winXP with Office 2k3 professional with latest service pack. Exchange 2k3 on win2k3 latest service pack. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance, Dave Firestone, Net Admin Hello Dave, Thank you for posting. To narrow down the issue, I'd like to confirm two things with you: 1. Do you mean that you do not want to receive all the mails from the internal users? (So you established the rule with ...

Send form windows to the back of -global- Z-order
I know there is a function to send child form windows to the back of an app's 'local' Z-order. And there's an easy way to send them to the -front- of the global Z-order. But is there any way to send them to the back of the global Z-order? In other words, place the form windows behind all other currently active windows? Bob wrote: > I know there is a function to send child form windows to the back of > an app's 'local' Z-order. And there's an easy way to send them to the > -front- of the global Z-order. > > But is there any way to se...

Is there a way to set recipient name resolution order?
I have a client that uses their initials as logon id's to AD. In the AD I have three users whose first names are Sandy. One of these users logon ID's is SAN. When addressing an email in Outlook, users want to put in the recipient's initials in the address line. This works great except for the one one user with the initials SAN. Is there any way that I can tell exchange/AD that when resolving a recipient name, look to the logon ID first, then look to the display name? John wrote: > I have a client that uses their initials as logon id's to AD. In the > AD I hav...

Unable to relay
Hi, I have an exchange 2003 server, and the IMAP server is enabled. I didn't touch the default settings. I am able to connect to it from outlook (remote location) everything works fine except I'm unable to send to users outside my domain as the message bounces back - "undeliverable - unable to relay for". What could be the problem? TIA I suspect you need to check the box in the default SMTP Virtual Server properties under Access and Relay Restrictions, that allows authenticated users to relay. -Peter "inadmin" <inadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Installation error 01-31-07
Hi I have previously installed CRM 3.0 but have recently had to rebuild or development server. On trying to reinstall CRM 3.0 I am getting the following error during the system verification final check: "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Upon checking event viewer it shows the following additional info: "SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed." Any ideas please.. Chubbly ...

Template lookup to SQL Server DB value
I want to build a module that does the following for multiple Word templates: 1. Request the user to input a policy# 2. Look up the policy info in a table in SQL Server Database with the policy # 3. Populate fields in the template (name, address, etc) What is the best way to accomplish this? The data I need is in one table in the database, dbo.STAT1. I want to be able to save this module to a bunch of templates to automatically run when the template is opened. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! I have some starting points for this, but nothing more than that. If...

Client Server using TCP/IP
Hi there... I want to write a small utility. It should be front- and backend running on different machines. I don't want to handle error correction or timeouts by myself. Communication is TCP/IP. How could I easyly do the communication? CSocket or something else. Thanks in advance Stefan "Stefan Kittel" <stefan.doofnase.kittel.NoSpam@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OFsMb9ijFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there... > > I want to write a small utility. > It should be front- and backend running on different machines. > > I don't want to...

Outlook not sending mails via Exchange Server
Hello, I wonder if anyone can guide me on this problem.. I have a client with an SBS2003 setup As far as i can tell it is pretty much ' straight out of the box' at least that is how I'm told it was set up a few years ago. Normally, It sends and receives mail via SMTP with all the MX records pointing to it. Recently, one of the not so tech guys that work there tried to set up a couple of Vista business PCs and that was when the trouble started. At first, they could send but not receive, then I investigated the bounce messages and determined that the 5.1.4 error code was referr...

New OWA FE
Hi - We've added a new OWA FE server to our native E2k3 org - less than 20 minutes after the server was up, I had dismounted the pub store & deleted the mdb stopped the IS service and then set the IS service to disabled. However, other servers have a queue to the OWA server with hierarchy messages waiting. I do see that the OWA server is listed as a server available for replication (ESM: open Administrative Groups/ADGroup name/FOlders/Public Folders/Properties - General tab), though no folders (including system folders) are pointed to the OWA server (replicas, etc.) I also see ...

Vista Windows, Install XP MS-Office, Get Error 1608 Error?!?
Hi Everyone, My PC has Vista window as OS. I have XP MS-Office Software I try to install but every time I try, and after I type the 25 product key and select drive E where the CD sits, I get so called Error 1608 whatever that mean? How to go around this? Thanks, Mike Was this the error message you got? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315995 If not, punch Error 1608 into your favourite search engine and wait for results. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:30:17 -0700 (PDT), Mike <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >My PC has Vista window as O...

Installed Outlook Update -- Can't log in now
Installed the 1/22 update to Outlook 2002. Now I get a "login information incorrect, yada yada" response from my Exchange Server everytime. Login information is good -- I can get in via Outlook Web Access. Tried the Knowledge Base suggestion to remove and reinstall TCP/IP, but that did not help. I'm dead in the water. Any ideas out there? Thanks ... ...

How do I remove (not unload) a user installed Excel add-in ?
Even though unloaded the add-in shows up in the inactive list. I want to remove it from that list. You have to delete the actual file itself, then redisplay the add-in list. You will be prompted whether to remove the add-in from the list. Choose Yes to remove it. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 12:14:01 -0800, bill h <bill h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Even though unloaded the add-in shows up in the inactive list. I want to >remove...

'have server reply using a specific message' rule
First let me apologize for just posting without reading the 3500 entries my reader found. If this has been discussed before I didn't find it using some simple search on the newsgroup. Anyway here is what I want to do: I'm trying to setup some rules that will take an incoming email with specific words in the subject, then with specific words in the body move it to subfolders and then reply back to the sender with a specific message. In this case we are having customers use a registration form. Once they register if they are not some spam locations we get filling out forms etc e...

Re: Installing XP on a Lenovo Laptop
"Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... > "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message > news:k9avs5pbum741td6veglhgkrq7gdbiv3f9@4ax.com... >> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 01:03:00 +0000 (UTC), Doum <me@domain.net> wrote: >> >>> But is a netbook really a laptop? (Personally, I would think so) >> >> Sure. People use the word "netbook" simply to describe a small, >> light-weight laptop. Other than size and weight, there's really no >> difference...

Windows Security Essentials on Server?
Does anyone know if Windows Security Essentials will run on Windows Server? -Frank NOPE!!!! http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/resources.aspx?mkt=en-us&s=1#ma inN On 5/27/10 11:05 AM, in article 1dqdnQFmEv2kF2PWnZ2dnUVZ_h2dnZ2d@giganews.com, "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if Windows Security Essentials will run on Windows Server? > > -Frank Absolutely not!!!! MSE is a personal security software and isn't meant for a server environment... Regards, Hank Arnold Microsoft MVP Windows Server...

User delete attachments on server?
I'm accessing an Exchange 2003 server via Outlook. Is there any way to strip attachments from messages on the server itself, rather than downloading to a folder on the local hard drive and deleting it there? TIA, S As you are asking about server-side actions, probably best to ask in an Exchange group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sinister asked: | I'm accessing an Exchange 2003 server via Outlook...

VWware Cannot SQL Server Database Engine cannot obtain LOCK
Please help me resolve the SQL Server error listed below from VMware Server accessing SQL Server. Thanks, The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( VMware VirtualCenter Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: An unrecoverable problem has occurred, stopping the VMware VirtualCenter service. Ch...

change date on batch through sql
We use the same sales batch on an ongoing basis. I would like to have the batch date update automatically every day so that users dont have to remember to update the batch date manually. I tried creating a macro but it did not work. I do not know if there is a current date function that I can use in a macro. I am now trying to do this through a sql job. I am planning on updating SY00500 table (GLPOSTDT and MODIFDT fields). Is this all or do I need to update any other field/table? I am open to any other suggestions. We do not have VB/modifier. ...

microsoft crm 1.0 installation error
hello everybody ! the problem we r facing here is everytime i install microsoft crm 1.0 i get a fatal error at the end of installation...all the prerequisite for the installation r present... but still the fatal error occurs thanks ANWAR ADIL CCNA ,MCP, Why are you installing 1.0? You should be using 1.2 "anwar adil" <anwaradil@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eH7QzOUgFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hello everybody ! > the problem we r facing here is everytime i install microsoft crm 1.0 i > get > a fatal error at the end of installation...all the pre...

Parsing an XML file, ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. HELP!
I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code: XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(FileLocation); XPathNavigator xPathNavigator = xPathDocument.CreateNavigator(); XPathNodeIterator nodeIterator = xPathNavigator.Select("/plist/dict"); nodeIterator.MoveNext(); nodeIterator = nodeIterator.Current.SelectChildren(XPathNodeType.All); where FileLocation contains the full path of a local XML file. Why is this trying to access the file via the proxy ? What can I do to fix this ? JezB wrote: > I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code:...

Copy slides with source formatting in PowerPoint 2010
Hi All, I am trying to copy a slide from 1.pptx into 2.pptx, till PowerPoint 2007 just copying the following two properties used to bring all background information into the destination slide dst.Design = srcSlide.Design dst.ColorScheme = srcSlide.ColorScheme But in PowerPoint 2010 I even tried using the "Copy slides with source formatting" as shown at "http://skp.mvps.org/pptxp001.htm" but then also the gradient fills and texture fills are not getting copied to the destination slide unless i click "Apply to all" in the "Format background" ...