Install order for SharePoint 2010, SQL Server 2008R2, etc.

Hi, all,

I'll post this in the SQL Server area as well.

I'm creating a new VM with 2008R2, SharePoint 2010, and Office 2010
beta/Gemini.

Is there a specific order I should install these in?

Many thanks....

0
Scott

1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint
0
Kamlesh
1/15/2010 8:02:10 AM
Thanks very much!!!

"Kamlesh" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.sharepoint.general/Install-order-for-SharePoint-2010-SQL-Server-2008R2-etc

0
Scott

re-installed xp pro and office xp lost all my emails
Is there a way to recover my old emails and outlook data? I tried to open the old outlook files but it doesn't seem to load anything. I tried to repair the inbox using the repair tool with no luck. For some reason I cannot find any .pst file on the drive. I changed ownerships of the old folder, can someone tell me the correct path to the .pst files? Thanks You probably just forgot to enable search for hidden files. You'll find them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1353201c443d3$049af0c0$a001280a...

First access after installation
After installing CRM 3.0 i want to access the crm over http://servername:5555/ A Login window apears and i put in my login name and password - the next page says page can not be found error 404 So which login information is needed - the normal domain login? Do i have to check something in the IIS? any help would be fine. best regards from germany richard It would be the same domain user account used for installation. "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CED60F4-6AC2-4491-8E28-4465C19F8386@microsoft.com... > After installing CRM 3.0 i...

Order Processing for Kits
We've just implemented our first Kit, basically, a set of related items that we sell independently, but we offer a discount when bought all together. We're noticing two things that seem to be at odds with "ease-of-use" and I'm wondering if someone can enlighten us on whether it's by design (and the reason) or by misconfiguration (and how to fix) When an order is entered for the kit, and a quantity is entered, if the quantity is entered incorrectly, it cannot be changed. This is a problem because most of our inventory items are stocked and sold in UoM's that have...

CDialog::DoModal question and Graphics Server
I have a dialog contains some button and a graph create using Graphics Server APIs. The event handler that brings up this dialog is as follows: void CAptcView::OnReportsGraphs() { // toolbar status message m_pApp->m_szStatusMsg = "View Graphs"; InvalidateRect (rStatusMsg); // display the plots dialog box m_dlgPlots = new CPlots(this); m_dlgPlots->rClient = rDesktop; // to center the dialog m_pApp->SetCaptionColor (0, 4); m_dlgPlots->DoModal(); m_pApp->SetCaptionColor (1, 4); delete m_dlgPlots; m_pApp->m_szStatusMsg = ""; InvalidateRect (r...

Manually removing an Exchange 2K Installation
I have two mailboxes in a Mailstore that will not delete or move. I need to remove this Exchange Server from my organization, and I've read the XADM article on how to manually remove it. (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260378) The editing of registry keys and the warning that states I may need to reinstall Windows and Exchange in my organization if something is modified incorrectly frightens me. Is there any way around this? Anyway to get rid of these mailboxes that will not remove themselves? Please tell me there is another way! Thanks! Doreen ...

Do I need to specify WINS IP on the server?
Hi all, For the best practice, do I need to specify WINS IP on the TCP/IP on the exchange 2003 SP2 servers? (win2K & win2003 envir.) Thanks in advance. In news:614C4C0C-C93F-4207-8825-9EA1AD366C6C@microsoft.com, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, > > For the best practice, do I need to specify WINS IP on the TCP/IP on > the exchange 2003 SP2 servers? (win2K & win2003 envir.) > > Thanks in advance. I would (presuming you actually have a WINS server on your network). Do this for all servers & clients. Thanks for your help. ...

Removing an offline server from an exchange 5.5 site
Does anyone know how to remove an offline server from an exchange site? I need to remove an old server and cannot bring it back up to remove the server from exchange 5.5, is there another way to remove the server? Ste On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:16:48 +0100, "Ste" <stephenbrandley@hotmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to remove an offline server from an exchange site? >I need to remove an old server and cannot bring it back up to remove the >server from exchange 5.5, is there another way to remove the server? > >Ste > Highlight it in the Exchange Admin G...

SharePoint alerts being blocked by SP2 IMF
All internal servers... in fact WSS server private only not public... and all behind firewall. E2K3 SP2 on W2K3 SP1. WSS v2 just set up and to use the E2K3 server (no SMTP service running on WSS; specified in WSS the name of the E2K3 server). The alerts from WSS (all sent with my E2K3 email address as sender) are getting caught in the SP2 built-in IMF. Come to think of it, same issue with the Webroot resource account mail also getting caught (Webroot is on another server also not running its own SMTP). All authenticated users (and only authenticated users) allowed to relay and I am ...

Sales Order Fulfillment
Can someone please try to reproduce this problem. 9.0 SP3. Transactions > Sales > Order Fulfillment Fulfill the item quantities. Extras > Additional > Freight and Misc Adjustment Enter a freight amount. Open the sales order. The freight amount is there, but the order total has not been updated. Thanks. Scott Ferrar For any who are interested, this is a known problem in verion 9. Quality Report #31271. Supposedly addressed in V10. There is a workaround that requires a bit of gymnastics in order fulfillment. Still doesn't work for partial shipments. The shipping depar...

OL2003 "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
I just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003 Pro (OS WinXP). I attempt to launch Outlook and receive "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable". I can ping the server attach to the WEB based exchange client (the same machine), also I can log on locally to the server, and map drives to it - so there is network connectivity. However, neither outlook will nor the mail configuration on control panel will log into the exchange server. ...

SQL Reporting Services And GP
I was wondering, aside from the Reports Pack, if there was a place to download more templates? Also i may end up needing some custom reports and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on where to go? Thanks Eric The report pack is the only set of SRS reports for GP available from Microsoft. You can certainly create as many as you want using the SRS tools. Additionally, GP 10 will have about 75 SRS reports. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Eric" wrote: > I was wondering, aside from the Reports Pack, if there was a place to > download more templates? > > Also ...

Installation of Office 2007 Standard
I have installed Office 2007 Standard several times. I have run the diagnotic and I keep getting the errror " not installed for this user" what do I need to do? It was running until about a week ago and I don't believe I've put anything new on the computer. I also ran the repair. Help!!! -- srbolden "srbolden" <srbolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC3B17C8-BD22-4B59-A140-F9420E9B4EFB@microsoft.com... >I have installed Office 2007 Standard several times. I have run the > diagnotic and I keep getting the errror &...

server 2003 standard
help please. i bought window server 2003 standard from a reputable company online, the package came in with 3cds, the first two are window server 2 cds and the 3rd says oem. how can i install this. i put the first cd for wind server 2003 wchis disk 1 but my computer did not read it. If the company is reputable then you should be able to contact them and they'll help you resolve the media issue. -Cliff "stap" <stap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:613754C3-F86E-4ED4-900D-89DD338567DE@microsoft.com... > help please. i bought window ...

Old Server Dependancy
Had W2K server running E2K before adding a new W2K3 server running E2K3 to the site. Migrated all mailboxes and Public Folders to E2K3 server. Recovered from some database corruption prior to removing E2K server. Have followed directions on removing the E2K server, but have not completely removed from site as there appear to be some dependancies still present when said server is shut down. Remote administration of Exchange features in AD cannot always be completed (adding an alias to a user for instance) or editing existing addresses (RPC server not available messages). Also appears ...

DPM 2010 does not backup files
Hello, I'm getting the following error during synchronization: Number of files skipped for synchronization due to errors has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 100 files on this data source (ID 32538 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FE) Recommended action: Review the failure errors for individual files from the log file \\?\Volume{05c85ed5-3747-11df-9b4b-00237da11b66}\F6DFC139-C3B4-468A-BFE3-CA353B28D7C6\FailedFilesLog.txt and take appropriate action. If some files fail consistently, you can exclude the folders containing these files by modifying the protection group or moving the...

how to reconfigure crm sql server location
my crm deployment manager is not working and i need to point the crm system from databaseA on serverA to databaseB on serverB so all i need to do is change the location of the database from one server to another server How can i achieve this? Thanks! Hi AZ! AZ wrote: > my crm deployment manager is not working and i need to point the crm > system from databaseA on serverA to databaseB on serverB so all i > need to do is change the location of the database from one server to > another server Please avoid multiposts. I checked with RegMon what the deployment manager actually ...

server setting don't activate
I was using outlook 2003 and I didn’t find any problem to activate my account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated , when I tried to set my same email account it don’t work Thanks a lot Fadi Fadi wrote: > I was using outlook 2003 and I didn�t find any problem to activate my > account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated > , when I tried to set my same email account it don�t work Thanks a lot You cannot activate e-mail *accounts* at the mail server using Outlook. You have to do that with whatever means the e-mai...

Unable to access folders after changing mail server
Hi, I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf file was also copied to the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It shows below message while trying to access inbox. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still...

odbc connection fails in Office 2010
i recently got a new computer with win7, and also purchased Office 2010. A database that i have had for years is producing odbc connection failed errors. i had no problems with 2007 (with win7). i have gone throught the "sandbox" security change in the registry that i found in the online help. i have also added it to trusted sites, enabled macros, but still no luck. the test connection in odbc administrator works fine. On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:33:01 -0700, magick <magick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What is the exact error? What is the app trying to do...

Unable to re-install Money Deluxe 2004
I recently had to reformat my hard drive. My version of Money 2004 was a downloaded trial which I later purchased. After re-installing MM2004 I could not access the program because it "appeared" that the trial period had expired. I checked the email that was sent after the purchase and it only provided an Activation Code. I called Microsoft who after an hour admitted defeat and nformed me that the would send me a "real" installable version CD with a product key. Does anyone know of another way around this until I get this CD in the mail? Fraid not. You have just f...

CRM 3.0 Pro and 3rd Party Fax Server
As we know that Fax capability is only built in for SBS version. Has any one implemented 3.0 Pro with a 3rd party fax server. I found out that GFI Software is coming out with faxserver for MS CRM 3.0. Its currently in developement and will come out some time in q1 next year. Meanwhile they have: http://www.gfi.com/faxmaker/ you should offer to beta test to get early access ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Jazz Singh" <JazzSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8CC6640-5D23-46E9-9938...

Work Orders
On the Detailed Work Order report, it does not give you an option to print the "Reference #" on the report, as it is not in the selection option. It is, however in the Work Order Summary Report. Please add this field to the report ASAP. -- Thanks, joel ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

Create Stored Procedure from Passthrough-SQL
I have a Passthrough-SQL routine that reads a text file (one CREATE statement for Stored Procedure).The routine work for one Stored Procedure. The routine dont work if the text file has 2 o more Create Statement. Any idea? Thanks, Cesar Cesar, You could have been a bit more detailed beyond "don't work" in your description. So without any further details, my guess is "make sure your create procedure statements are not separated by the "GO" statement". patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Update data from sql, using ODBC
Hi. (Excel 2007) I am preparing a model to be used by multiple users every week. A part of the model is a list of active project in the company. The project informations comes an sql database. In the model I have a table, which should be updated when the excelmodel is opened. The users do not have access to the sql database. Is there a way to set he table (properties, ... ) with the password stored in the model e.g. the users do not have to know and enter the password. Med venlig hilsen Peter ...

Minimise form. leave open in background etc.
Hi I have a user form which has been set up to be used as a menu with lots of buttons doing various operations. After clicking a button and carrying out the task(s) I would like to able to move back into a worksheet(s) do some work and then step back to the form. At present I have to close the form do the work and then reopen it. Is it possible to minimise the form, leave it open in the background whilst I work on the sheets and then maximise to choose/use further menu items etc.? Any help with coding would be gratefully received. Thanks Richi Richi, You can make the userform modeles...