Inbound connection + form question

Hello, I just set up sharepoint server 2007 sp1 for the first time. It works
like a charm internally. I've got a domain name and it is being forwarded to
my external IP address which responds ok. However when I try to go to the web
address I get a page cannot be displayed. I've got my port 80 being sent to
sharepoint servers IP also internally from the router (netgear prosafe). What
step am I missing here any ideas?

Also I was wondering if there was a way to set up a "form" so to speak where
a user could click on something, it would open up say a excel spreadsheet
that I've uploaded and the user could fill in the fields and when they are
done (or click finish or something) it could be either saved to the server or
emailed to a predefined someone. This is of course secondary to my first
issue  :)

Thanks for any ideas of help you can provide!

A couple of ways to handle this. Best option would be to Extend your
SharePoint web application (done in Central Administration>Application
Management>Create or Extend Web Application, to your External address name.
Next option would be to simply add the host header URL for the external site
name to the existing web application in IIS and then manually create the
Alternate Access mapping in SharePoint so it resolves correctly.

As for the form, you could set up an InfoPath form and upon completion it
can trigger a workflow to send the email.

--
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

"Jared" <Jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I just set up sharepoint server 2007 sp1 for the first time. It
> works
> like a charm internally. I've got a domain name and it is being forwarded
> my external IP address which responds ok. However when I try to go to the
> web
> address I get a page cannot be displayed. I've got my port 80 being sent
> sharepoint servers IP also internally from the router (netgear prosafe).
> What
> step am I missing here any ideas?
>
> Also I was wondering if there was a way to set up a "form" so to speak
> where
> a user could click on something, it would open up say a excel spreadsheet
> that I've uploaded and the user could fill in the fields and when they are
> done (or click finish or something) it could be either saved to the server
> or
> emailed to a predefined someone. This is of course secondary to my first
> issue  :)
>
> Thanks for any ideas of help you can provide!

0
Daniel
12/24/2009 2:09:16 AM
Thanks for the reply! Is there a way I can do the first option without having
to rebuild the whole site? I'm not sure I follow your directions - I can get
up to create or extend but I'm not sure where after that. And I would name it
"www.whatever.com" or whatever my external address name is?

Also if I were to go the second route, I found the host headers in IIS but
alternate access mapping seemed a bit complicated or maybe I just wasn't
understanding, it late I'm tired hehe.

And thanks for the info about the forms! I will look into that as soon as I
get my external address connection working.

All

"Daniel A. Galant" wrote:

> A couple of ways to handle this. Best option would be to Extend your
> SharePoint web application (done in Central Administration>Application
> Management>Create or Extend Web Application, to your External address name.
> Next option would be to simply add the host header URL for the external site
> name to the existing web application in IIS and then manually create the
> Alternate Access mapping in SharePoint so it resolves correctly.
>
> As for the form, you could set up an InfoPath form and upon completion it
> can trigger a workflow to send the email.
>
> --
> Daniel A. Galant
>
> Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
>
> "Jared" <Jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I just set up sharepoint server 2007 sp1 for the first time. It
> > works
> > like a charm internally. I've got a domain name and it is being forwarded
> > my external IP address which responds ok. However when I try to go to the
> > web
> > address I get a page cannot be displayed. I've got my port 80 being sent
> > sharepoint servers IP also internally from the router (netgear prosafe).
> > What
> > step am I missing here any ideas?
> >
> > Also I was wondering if there was a way to set up a "form" so to speak
> > where
> > a user could click on something, it would open up say a excel spreadsheet
> > that I've uploaded and the user could fill in the fields and when they are
> > done (or click finish or something) it could be either saved to the server
> > or
> > emailed to a predefined someone. This is of course secondary to my first
> > issue  :)
> >
> > Thanks for any ideas of help you can provide!

Daniel

I was able to figure this one out, thanks a ton!

"Daniel A. Galant" wrote:

> A couple of ways to handle this. Best option would be to Extend your
> SharePoint web application (done in Central Administration>Application
> Management>Create or Extend Web Application, to your External address name.
> Next option would be to simply add the host header URL for the external site
> name to the existing web application in IIS and then manually create the
> Alternate Access mapping in SharePoint so it resolves correctly.
>
> As for the form, you could set up an InfoPath form and upon completion it
> can trigger a workflow to send the email.
>
> --
> Daniel A. Galant
>
> Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
>
> "Jared" <Jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I just set up sharepoint server 2007 sp1 for the first time. It
> > works
> > like a charm internally. I've got a domain name and it is being forwarded
> > my external IP address which responds ok. However when I try to go to the
> > web
> > address I get a page cannot be displayed. I've got my port 80 being sent
> > sharepoint servers IP also internally from the router (netgear prosafe).
> > What
> > step am I missing here any ideas?
> >
> > Also I was wondering if there was a way to set up a "form" so to speak
> > where
> > a user could click on something, it would open up say a excel spreadsheet
> > that I've uploaded and the user could fill in the fields and when they are
> > done (or click finish or something) it could be either saved to the server
> > or
> > emailed to a predefined someone. This is of course secondary to my first
> > issue  :)
> >
> > Thanks for any ideas of help you can provide!

Which way did you go?

--

> Daniel
>
> I was able to figure this one out, thanks a ton!
>
> "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
>
>> A couple of ways to handle this. Best option would be to Extend your
>> SharePoint web application (done in Central Administration>Application
>> Management>Create or Extend Web Application, to your External address
>> name.
>> Next option would be to simply add the host header URL for the external
>> site
>> name to the existing web application in IIS and then manually create the
>> Alternate Access mapping in SharePoint so it resolves correctly.
>>
>> As for the form, you could set up an InfoPath form and upon completion it
>> can trigger a workflow to send the email.
>>
>> --
>> Daniel A. Galant
>>
>> Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
>>
>> "Jared" <Jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello, I just set up sharepoint server 2007 sp1 for the first time. It
>> > works
>> > like a charm internally. I've got a domain name and it is being
>> > forwarded
>> > my external IP address which responds ok. However when I try to go to
>> > the
>> > web
>> > address I get a page cannot be displayed. I've got my port 80 being
>> > sent
>> > sharepoint servers IP also internally from the router (netgear
>> > prosafe).
>> > What
>> > step am I missing here any ideas?
>> >
>> > Also I was wondering if there was a way to set up a "form" so to speak
>> > where
>> > a user could click on something, it would open up say a excel
>> > spreadsheet
>> > that I've uploaded and the user could fill in the fields and when they
>> > are
>> > done (or click finish or something) it could be either saved to the
>> > server
>> > or
>> > emailed to a predefined someone. This is of course secondary to my
>> > first
>> > issue  :)
>> >
>> > Thanks for any ideas of help you can provide!

0
Daniel

Report Header Lookup Question
I have a report running from a parameter query where a start and end date are entered and then the report opens within those dates. I want the report name to look something like this... Jobs Worked from ________ to _________. How would I make the dates entered in the parameter boxes populate to the header title? Any help is much appreciated. On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:29:00 -0700, Adam wrote: > I have a report running from a parameter query where a start and end date are > entered and then the report opens within those dates. I want the report name > to look something like t...

Link Question
Hello everyone! Using E02 on XP. Usually in the Access area and don't use Excel much but...always learn SO much in these Newsgroups. I have 2 folders in a shared drive that contain 2 versions of a file that need to be compared. (We send the ToClient file to our clients and they make changes to participant data for year end valuation work. They return it to us and we put it in the FromClient folder.) I've created a master file that will compare the two, cell by cell and, for now, just return "Ok" or "Edited". (Later I want to show the ToClient cell value...

acess form: how can I have more than 2 people modify it?
someone told me about the bcm v2 - what is that? I've only found it for outlook... it should make 5 people open and modify the form I've created in Access, is this right? I'd like to know how I can have a shared folder with an Access Form be used by several people at the same time, not just one. Is this possible? If someone could help me on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Never heard of bcm v2, but the rest of your question is fairly common. With an Access application you want to be available for multiple users, here is the correct way to deploy it. First, let me say D...

Question about total cast basis calculation for an investment acco
I am using Money 2004 to track my mutual fund investments, among other things. I had the portfolio manager options set to show closed positions. When configured as such, the the cost basis from the closed positions was added into the total cost basis for the investment. In my case, the closed positions were a result of a non-taxable sell and reinvest into another investment. Long story short, some money shows up twice in the total cost basis calculation. After clearing the option to show closed positions, the total cost basis calculation appears to be correct. I would expect to see...

formula question #27
I have an array of numbers like 100 0.01 200 0.015 300 0.02 400 0.025 500 0.03 say the range name is tab1 and an array of numbers like (call it tab2) 150 250 350 I want to look up the numbers from tab2 in tab1 and multilply it by the 2nd column from tab1 and add up the result. So, I want 150*.01+250*.015+350*.02 I tried as an array formula =sum((vlookup(tab2,tab1,2)*tab2) but this does not work. What should I be doing? TIA Say your tab2 info in col. A. In col. B type vlookup(A1,tab1!$A$1:$B$5,2,TRUE) Note: Use "true" in the vlookup, since your values in tab1 col. A and ...

Set Print POS Receipt Question Default to NO
When you select the to Ask before printing POS receipt the system defaults to the YES box. Can this default be set to NO to allow you to just press ENTER? I have already set up a PRINTLASTRECEIPT button. ...

Default value for a field in the create form
Hi all, It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? Thanks, Hugo You can default a picklist value with out of the box customization but that's it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? > >Thanks, >Hugo > > >. > ...

Report Writer Conditional Field Question
I should know the answer to this but my head is working on a different problem at the moment. In Report Writer, on a SOP Blank Invoice, I want to conditionally show the SOP_Line_Work_PrimaryShipToAddressCode ONLY when it is not equal to 'Primary' or 'Ship To'. In essence, I need to show the SOP Line Level Address when it's an outlier from their two standard address codes. I built a conditional field in RW that checks for Primary and returns blank ("") or the address. Works great. But now I need to add an OR condition and I'm stuck. I can't seem to be able...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-08-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

MSVAD audio stream question
Hello I am new in driver. I build msvad simple driver, but I have a question. Dose someone know can I get audio stream "original" (where the stream come from. ex. from which application or pid) ? Thanks ...

Remove sort and filters programmatically on form
I have a form based on a 2 table query. User will use shortcut menu to filter records down to what they want to work on and sort accordingly. I have a button to remove all filters but I also want to remove any sorts that were applied and I can't seem to get that part to work. I use the following to remove all the filters. I just need help with the code to get the form back to the original underlying query sort. On_Click event of button control Me.Filter = "" FilterOn = False Like I said, this brings back all records but the sort stays. I am using Access 200...

OPenign an Excel sheet form Access
Hello everyone, I would like to open a shared excel spreadsheet on our server by using a button from Access. Can I use the runApp macro for this? If so what do I need to do...I have little experience with macros. Thanks. Add a button to your form add an onclick event and then enter the following code application.followhyperlink "c:\...\...\...\excel.xls" obviously replace the "c:\...\...\...\excel.xls" with the path and filename of the excel file you wish to open. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Amanda" wrote: > Hello everyone, > &g...

Money 99 and inability to connect with financial institutions
I have been using Money 99 and have never been able to connect with any financial institutions with which I have accounts and which I know offer transfer of data service, including Chase Manhattan, Charles Schwab and Brown and Company. After clicking on Online and then "investigate offerings" for the firm in question, I see that a search is underway, afterwhich I get back the same error message " internet communication error occurred. Please try call again later (BDSIE 12029). I have retried this a great number of times over a period of many months with exactly the sam...

Word 2007 question
How can I use a persons name listed in the address in the salution of a letter without copying? I've tried a bookmark but am unsuccessful so far. On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 16:14:01 -0800, DJ <DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I use a persons name listed in the address in the salution of a >letter without copying? I've tried a bookmark but am unsuccessful so far. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to th...

OWA question #12
i recently changed my domain name, example: from homedomain.com to workdomain.com. I have an exchange server with OWA enabled, i used to log in to OWA by typing the following https://homedomain.com/exchange. When I changed my domain i figured i would just logon to my OWA by typing https://workdomain.com. However this is not working, I have made sure that the new domain name points to the correct boxes, firewall shows that a request is coming in on port 443 and being sent to the correct internal host. My smtp virtual server is mapped to the correct ip, but still have not been able to lo...

Question about macro
Here is the case: Every week I will receive ten files(each has one work sheet) from my brokers. All the files are in the same format but different size. Is there a way to automatically collect the data from each file every week and put them all in one work sheet? The files name will change weekly(to accomodate the date) and so will the size. Thanks in advance. Jason ...

Drop down list question
I have a template with several drop down lists for the user to selec from. I would like it to function in a way that the user only needs t enter the first couple of numbers and the list will scroll to that par of the list. Is this possible ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Move your source cells for the list to directly above the validation cell, and then hide those cells. For example, if your source range is J1:J5, and the validation is in A10, move the...

Cleaning out inbound queue
I have a very long list of messages in my inbound delivery queue (Internet Mail Service - Inbound Messages Awaiting Delivery) some dating back two years. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these? FYI, MS 193862 article did not work. They're still there. Alan "A Kincer" <nospamakincer@kiusa.com> wrote in message news:ucZbRCQ7DHA.2924@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a very long list of messages in my inbound delivery queue (Internet > Mail Service - Inbound Messages Awaiting Delivery) some dating back two > years. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these...

Data Validation Question
I want to be able to create a drop-down list (which I know how to do), but I want an error message to appear when a certain value is selected. For instance, let's say my list contains 3 choices: yes no maybe Whenever "no" is selected, I want an error message to appear. I can't figure out how to make a drop-down list AND create a error box using data validation. Also, I want an error message to appear no matter what value is selected. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Data validation supports showing a message when the cell is selected and when an invalid entry is...

Currency accounting question
Hi There, I have exported data from Access 2002 to excel 2002 so i can change it and then import it into MYOB accounting. The problem is Access spits out the data like this (eg) 3909 when it should be $39.09 No matter what i format i try to use i end up with $3,909 or $3,909.00. Is there a simple formula i can use to change all my cells? I have about 500 to change and manually it would be a real pain!! Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers and Thanks Mitch Mitch, You can divide all the values by 100 by entering 100 in some empty cell, then copy that cell, select the values to be divid...

SendMessage Question/Problem
I have a dialog box with a toolbar subclassed in it that has a combo box. I have embedded the toolbar in a static control on the dialog box. When an item in the combo box is selected, I am getting the OnSelChange message being triggered in the subclassed tool bar class. I then get the item that was selected and call GetOwner()->SendMessage(WM_NOTIFY......) In the dialog box I have a ON_NOTIFY message command for the IDR_TOOLBAR. when I debug the OnSelChange method in the subclassed toolbar class, I can see it setting up the call, but when I place my cursor and do run to cursor in the O...

Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA
Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA It seems that my users whom use OWA to send email always seem to send along an "?" question mark at the beginning of their email messages. I am trying to find out why that is happening and how to go about eliminating it. If clients are XP SP2, check kba 883543 and apply the hotfix. Pe-XP SP2 clients: reinstall the S/MIME control from OWA - options. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote in message new...

Format Question 10-01-07
How do I get this text box to format $#,###.## at the moment I am getting Grand Total:1085.5 instead of Grand Total $1,085.50 = "Grand Total:" & (NZ(DLookUp("Payable","qPayableTotalForPayment","OwnerID =" & tbOwnerID.Value),"")) Thanks for any Help...............Bob Simple method - in design view format the control as currency HTH -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Bob V" wrote: > > > How do I get this text box to format $#,###.## at the moment I am getting > Grand Total:1085.5 instead of Grand Total...

Problems creating Workbook Connection programatically
Why do I get a "Runtime error 5. Invalid procedure call or argument" error with the code below? We're trying to create our connections programatically. This is called in the Workbook_Open event. Sub CreateNewConnection() Dim objConn As WorkbookConnection Dim connstr As String Dim cmdText As String connstr = "ODBC;DRIVER={Advantage StreamlineSQL ODBC};DataDirectory=C:\GC\JOSH;SERVER=OurDBServer; _ CharSet=ANSI;DefaultType=Advantage;Rows=False;AdvantageLocking=ON;Locking=Record; _ MemoBlockSize=64;MaxTableCloseCache=5;ServerTypes=6...

sub-form dependent combo box
To all: I have a subform that has two fields (comboboxes). The first is a list of services. The second is a list of consultants who provide those services. Through the posts on this forum and others (thanks much!) made the list of consultants dependent on the type of service offered. BUT ... Once I open up the form (with the subform in it), the first combobox works fine, but the second one asks me to "Enter Parameter Value" and then gives the Criteria that the second combobox uses to reference the first one. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! Hi, It would help if you post ...