How to view file and folder permissions

Hi All,
We're using SharePoint 2007 and people have started setting file and folder
level permissions.

Question - Is there some way to view the permissions set on all the files
and folders, like in a Designer Report, or setting meta data?  Is there an
easy way, without looking at the permissions on each file and folder to see
what files and folders have stopped inheriting permissions from the library
and now have unique permissions?

There has to be some way to get this information, I just can't find it.
Thanks.
--
Jane

You'll need some third party add-on solution, such as DeliverPoint, to do
what you want. This info is not available out of the box.

"Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> We're using SharePoint 2007 and people have started setting file and
> folder
> level permissions.
>
> Question - Is there some way to view the permissions set on all the files
> and folders, like in a Designer Report, or setting meta data?  Is there an
> easy way, without looking at the permissions on each file and folder to
> see
> what files and folders have stopped inheriting permissions from the
> library
> and now have unique permissions?
>
> There has to be some way to get this information, I just can't find it.
> Thanks.
> --
> Jane

0
Daniel

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Renaming Partial File Names

Viewing Active Tasks in the Outlook Today View
I really like the Outlook Today view, as it lists upcoming appointments, emails, tasks, etc. However, I can not get it to show my active tasks that have started but are due at a later time (not today). Outlook today will show my active tasks that are due today, but it just won't show tasks that, for example, are due tomorrow. This is bothersome because I want it to show all active tasks, and not just ones that are due today. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! There are a couple of options associated with Task showing and sorting, have you checked via the customize...

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

SQL View with Smartlist Builder
I am having to recreate Anyviews (GP8) into Smartlists (GP10SP3). Not very happy. Many of our Smartlist require the use of SQL views do to the limitations of Anyview and now Smartlist. It appears that I must create a separate Smartlist for each company I wish to use my sql view with. Is there not a way to include a custom SQL view in Smartlist, and have Smartlist use the company the user is logged into? The view exist in each company database. Can this be done with SQL Reporting server and DynamicsGP? Can I pull a report based on the company db the user is logged into? Thanks for the...