How do you check out a file from a link

I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When
I open the file the option to 'check out the file' does not appear at the top
of my screen.

This function does work for a word document in the same library.

Please can you advise.

Thanks

With your browser, go to the Library where the document is located and
check out from there.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 16/04/10 15:44, Tracey T wrote:
> I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When
> I open the file the option to 'check out the file' does not appear at the top
> of my screen.
>
> This function does work for a word document in the same library.
>
> Please can you advise.
>
> Thanks
0
Rob
4/17/2010 5:51:45 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_36597184

Please try below

Open the Excel file from the library
Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Server, and then click Check Out.
This will Check Out the file

Alternatively you an checkout by clicking the drop down that you get when
you mouse hover the file name.

Please refer the below article:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA101314821033.aspx

Hope the above information helps you.
------=_NextPart_0001_36597184

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang16393{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset2 Symbol;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Please try below
\par
\par \pard{\pntext\f1\'B7\tab}{\*\pn\pnlvlblt\pnf1\pnindent0{\pntxtb\'B7}}\fi-360\li360 Open the Excel file from the library
\par {\pntext\f1\'B7\tab}Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Server, and then click Check Out.
\par {\pntext\f1\'B7\tab}This will Check Out the file
\par \pard
\par \pard{\pntext\f1\'B7\tab}{\*\pn\pnlvlblt\pnf1\pnindent0{\pntxtb\'B7}}\fi-360\li360 Alternatively you an checkout by clicking the drop down that you get when you mouse hover the file name.
\par \pard
\par Please refer the below article:
\par
\par http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA101314821033.aspx
\par
\par Hope the above information helps you.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_36597184--

0
ramrk

Here is fix for Windows file problems

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Table link documentation

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Check out that pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--llhgxblnry Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="broryxkaxlyu"; type="multipart/alternative" --broryxkaxlyu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sugmntysaz" --sugmntysaz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2006, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerab...

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Outlook 2003

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Continuing problmes with chkdsk and PST file
My PST file is apparently corrupted, with "Data error, cyclic redundancy check" upon starting Outlook. As per earlier advice, i ran chkdsk /r. But, chkdsk hangs. The % done on phase 4, file data check, was moving along at 1% per every 1 to 5 minutes. Then, at exactly 50%, it just stopped moving. I left it for a few hours, but no further progress (so i interrupted it). The disk light was on continually, but no progress in % complete. Also, if scanpst.exe is run, windows crashes (blue screen). So, are there any further suggestions? Is there any disk utility more robust t...

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

Restoring Outlook Files
hi, I need to move the actual inbox, etc. from one hard drive to another. Which files do I look for? I had Outlook configured as an IMAP client. I keep looking for a master "inbox" or "mailbox" file, but am unable to find it. thanks for the help! rt brown Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:02b50...