Holiday Requests and Helpdesk

Hi,

I'm new to SharePoint and have just installed 2010 version. Does anyone know
any good sites where I can download templates or even step by step on how to
create Holiday request work flow and Helpdesk.

Thank you very much.

Lion.

0
Lion

I do not have 2010 to look; but my recollectin that in 2007 they had a
sample site on Help Desk.  Works as a starter.  Perhaps also something
for holiday request. Look in your site template library.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 01/06/10 19:20, Lion@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to SharePoint and have just installed 2010 version. Does anyone
> know any good sites where I can download templates or even step by step
> on how to create Holiday request work flow and Helpdesk.
>
> Thank you very much.
>

> Lion.
0
Rob
6/1/2010 11:25:50 PM
Thanks Rob,

I thought there may be some links to the sites on the net where people have
published step by stem especially for the Holiday Request work flow.

Thank you.

"Rob Schneider" <rmschne@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com> wrote in message
> I do not have 2010 to look; but my recollectin that in 2007 they had a
> sample site on Help Desk.  Works as a starter.  Perhaps also something for
> holiday request. Look in your site template library.
>

> --rms
>
> www.rmschneider.com
>

> On 01/06/10 19:20, Lion@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm new to SharePoint and have just installed 2010 version. Does anyone
>> know any good sites where I can download templates or even step by step
>> on how to create Holiday request work flow and Helpdesk.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>

>> Lion.

0
Lion
6/2/2010 5:46:22 PM
You probably know this, but try using Google for finding them, if they
exist.  My first glance at the templates provided in SharePoint is that
they are not bad.  Anything better probably would not be given away for
free anywhere.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 02/06/10 18:46, Lion@hotmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Rob,
>
> I thought there may be some links to the sites on the net where people
> have published step by stem especially for the Holiday Request work flow.
>
> Thank you.
>
> "Rob Schneider" <rmschne@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com> wrote in
> message news:eBE0GHeALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> I do not have 2010 to look; but my recollectin that in 2007 they had a
>> sample site on Help Desk. Works as a starter. Perhaps also something
>> for holiday request. Look in your site template library.
>>

>> --rms
>>
>> www.rmschneider.com
>>

>> On 01/06/10 19:20, Lion@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm new to SharePoint and have just installed 2010 version. Does anyone
>>> know any good sites where I can download templates or even step by step
>>> on how to create Holiday request work flow and Helpdesk.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>>>

>>> Lion.

0
Rob
6/3/2010 4:44:20 AM
Hey Lion,

You have a leave template included in the 40 'fantastic' application
templates for Sharepoint 2007/WSS 3.0 - it's not too good though (don't think
users should be able to approve their own holiday requests should they?) and
I'm not sure if it's compatible with Sharepoint 2010.

Have a look at this document
https://sharepoint.washington.edu/community/Sharepoint/Shared%20Documents/Leave_Request_Summary.docx
 - it's a complete documentation for a leave requests project and includes
all info on lists/libraries, content types and SPD workflows that are used. I
haven't used it myself but it looks very comprehensive and you can probably
easily adopt it to your needs.

Hope this helps,
Greg Osimowicz
--
http://SharepointResourceCenter.com
....your gateway to all things Sharepoint...

"Lion@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to SharePoint and have just installed 2010 version. Does anyone know
> any good sites where I can download templates or even step by step on how to
> create Holiday request work flow and Helpdesk.
>
> Thank you very much.
>

> Lion.
>
> .

outlook requesting password
Hi, Suddenly, for some users on several different systems, Outlook 2003 (corporate install) is requesting a password and refusing to send email out although email is coming in fine. An additional wierdness is that the user who's name is residual in the password logon box is not the same as the user who is actually logged in. If I put in the logged-in user's name and password, Outlook will sometimes send the email, but sometimes I have to close Outlook, restart the system, then enter the admin's logon/password to get the email to send. Anybody have any thoughts about why th...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized in plugin 4.
I've been though all the reports on this particular error without finding a solution. I did set the Name and Display Name for the Organization to the same i.e. w/o spaces. What happens is: The plugin is fired synchroniously after Create in order to store the url of the created record in a field in the record. For testing I put the field on the form and once I click Save, the URL is generated and displayed, but after a short moment the 'The request ... Unauthorized' message is displayed. The code for the plugin looks like this: Namespace Hdm.Crm.CreateHyperlink Public ...

Urgent advice requested re: Exchange 5.5 Online/Offline defrag
Hi, I hope this is a good newsgroup to put an advice request for Exchange 5.5. We are running Exchange 5.5 Standard edition on an Win2000 server. Last week it hit the 16GB limit for the private information store. There were not warning messages but that's something I'll deal with after the recovery. Following the advice on microsoft site, I decided to do an offline deframentation using eseutil. As I don't have a spare 18GB on the server (the disk is only 32GB) I had to use a network drive to store the temporarily created edb file. I started eseutil defrag at about 8pm on ...

Outlook 2003 sending a meeting request to Outlook 2002
Seems that when I send a meeting request on Outlook 2003 to an Outlook 2002 user, the 2002 user doesn't get the standard meeting request nor does the event show up as a tentative meeting on their calendar. Instead, the 2002 user requests a jumbled email with lots of headers and extraneous data and buried within all of that is a block of text which represents my meeting request. I've been all over the MS websites for office and outlook and they do not indicate an incompatibility problem. Has anyone ever experienced this behavior? Thanks, P Cully ...

Restating my earlier request. XMLHTTP to .net
Can anybody tell me how to do the following from ASP in .net dim xmlhttp, strMsg, strUrl, strXmlText strUrl = "http://localhost/example.asp" strXmlText = "<root><Info " & _ "System=""All"" Function=""CheckSession"">" & _ "</Info></root>" Set xmlhttp = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") xmlhttp.open "POST", strUrl, False xmlhttp.send(strXmlText) strMsg = xmlhttp.responseText MsgBox strMsg ...

Change Request XML example from Chapter 3 in Training material
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance. I recently took the CRM bootcamp and I was preparing for my last certification test when I read in chapter 3 about the change request custom entity. Is this xml file in either of the vpc images or available on MSFT somewhere? Thanks, Erik ...

Outlook requests on Global Catalog
I have an exchange server and another server on which is the global catalog. When a server with outlook 2000 try to connect to the mail server, I can see requests from the client server to the global catalog... To my mind, the client only need to make connection to the exchange server and not to the global catalog server... Is there a mean to prevent the client from requesting the global catalog ? Thanks ! Actually Outlook is doing the right thing in making a call to the GC. Remember that Exchange 2000/2003 do not have a directory. All directory information is handled by the GCs...

Re: Meeting Request Responses
From Microsoft Office Online http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566161033.aspx: IMI Attendees Print is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to print the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, None. From Outlook, there no direct way to print the response status... This is reason we to produce this unique tools. Key Benefits a.. Obtain information for meeting items from any Appointment folder in Microsoft Exchange Server 5.x or/and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 b.. O...

Holidays Don't Add to Calendar
How in the Sam Hill do I get Entourage to add Holidays to the Calendar? I have updated and re-booted. I've searched high and low (Help and Forums) but I end up being directed back to the Import menu to follow the directions. That doesn't work. Entourage says it has added Holidays, but they don't appear. I'm afraid I'm suffering the ID-10-T error. Any tips? On 2/21/10 6:08 PM, Paul Creger wrote: > How in the Sam Hill do I get Entourage to add Holidays to the Calendar? I > have updated and re-booted. I've searched high and low (Help and Forums) &g...

Add "ADDRESS SERVICE REQUESTED" to an envelope?
In using Word to address an envelope, how do you print the instructions to the post office for ADDRESS SERVICE REQUESTED? Either type it on the envelope or see http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "NC Fred&q...

Request Standard Mark
Please add the Standard Mark as a symbol we could insert in Office products. I can do Trademarks and Registration Marks easily, but I have to type "SM" and then put it in superscript. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Suggestions requested for vacation planning Excel spreadsheet
I have a cell in a spreadsheet that contains a number of vacation days. I would these vacation days to turn to zero in the same cell after June 30th. I'm VB illiterate...is there an IF, THEN formula (or any other) that would work for this? =if(today()>DateValue("Jun 30, 2005"),0,current formula) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "echo144000" <keckhardt@atsautomation.com> wrote in message news:2c9aa5b1.0412140623.22ac9a7f@posting.google.com... > I have a cell in a spreadsheet that contains a number of vacation > days. I would these vacation days to turn to zero i...

Outlook 2000
The accept, decline, and tentative buttons are missing when I receive a meeting request. The request comes through as a regular email message. I have searched the knowledge base and I can't find anything for 2000 using exchange server. Thank you. ...

Cannot view birthdays or holidays on my calendar
I just moved all my contacts, etc. to a new computer and can no longer view any birthdays, etc. or holidays on any of my calendars. Is there some option I need to turn on?? I compared the setting of my old computer to my new one and cannot see any difference. Thanks. How did you do the move? There are several ways to move contacts, etc. to a new computer, some work, some don't... And are you sure the calendars were included in the etc. that you moved? "JHarrell" wrote: > I just moved all my contacts, etc. to a new computer and can no longer view > a...

Help requested with a Vista problem
A friend has a problem with her computer. She is running a desktop badged as 'Acer' using Windows Vista Business. When she tries to log on to her account (set with administrator privilidges) she gets the following message 'group policy client service failed to logon Access denied' The system then loops back to the logon screen. I have already spent some time 'googling' this issue and have some possible solutions as it seems to be caused by a coruption in the user profile. My reason for posting here is to see if anyone else has experienced the sa...

How do I design a scheduling request form in Outlook?
I want the following items in my scheduling request form: Event Title Event Date Event Start Time Event End Time Name of Host Name of Presenter Contact Information to include person's name; department; address; telephone; email address. tools > forms > design a form "carolpalo" wrote: > I want the following items in my scheduling request form: > Event Title > Event Date > Event Start Time > Event End Time > Name of Host > Name of Presenter > Contact Information to include person's name; department; address; > telephon...

request a read receipt???
is it possible to request a read receipt for the emails sent from ms crm? if yes, how? regards, orkun ps. i dont use crm sales for outlook. i need a solution for web client or an exchange server tip. "Orkun Goze" <orkung@nospam.mostyazilim.com> wrote in message news:OQKPxQW8DHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > is it possible to request a read receipt for the emails sent from ms crm? if > yes, how? > > > regards, > orkun > > > ...

would like to create a 2008 calendar with U.S. holidays
Would like to create a 2008 calendar with U.S. holidays There isn't one, it is something you will have to create yourself. I have a sample on my web page. It will give you the holidays, but it isn't very creative. Scroll down on the left. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm You might go here and collect the holidays http://www.madmanmike.com/us_events_dates.html http://www.morninggloryart.com/Holidays/Holiday-Calendar.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Larrym1" <Larrym1@discussions...

Holidays / non-working days for MSP2007
Hello, Are there any tables that stored the information regarding the holidays or non-working days at all in MSP2007? I think in 2003, I saw something like MSP_CALENDARS and MSP_CALENDAR_DATA. When the admin entered the Company's holidays into the MSP2007, what tables that the holidays or non-working days information go? I realize that the resource timesheets can be grayed out because the days have been designated as a non-working days or holidays. For example, Friday after Thanksgiving might be the holiday on some, but it was the working days for many employers. Some of ...

Exchange 2000-2003 migration causes "Requesting Data..."
I have created a back-end Exchange/Windows 2003 server. All mailboxes, public folders, System folders have been migrated to the new server. However, If I take the original Exchange 2000 server offline, a handful(not all) of my Office XP clients continuously receive the "requesting data" message from the original 2000 server. Any help or guidance would be appreciated! Thanks, Sean We are having the same error. We migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 and when we shut down our old server some users get this message. How do we resolve? Is the only solution to create a new ...

How to concatenate remarks for a given purchase request
In our financial management system, a user can add multiple remarks for every purchase request. So for example, I have a table that looks like Input: Purchase_req_no remark_no remark --------------------------------------------- PRN_100 1 "first remark line for 100" PRN_100 2 "second remark line for 100" PRN_100 3 "third remark line for 100" PRN_200 1 "first remark line fo...

Maximum request length exceeded
I have an aspx web page that has a button using NavigateURL to point to the startup page. I am getting the following error opening the startup page (Default.aspx) when I have a very large GridView displayed in the preceding page. Can anyone help resolve? Thanks. An unhandled exception occurred: Message: Maximum request length exceeded. Stack Trace: at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBased...

printing only one copy istead of requested multiple.
I have a machine running Publisher 2003, it has been working fine and then started to print only one copy of a print job whan asked for a multiple copy. Example: try to print 3 copies of a single page document and you get only one print out. Word is ok. Have tried the collate feature in both on & off states with no success. Ideas??? -- absmadd0 ...

How can I set Personal 'Public Holidays'
My wife's a teacher, so I'd like to add school holidays to my Outlook Calendar to appear the same as Public Holidays. Can I do this, if so how. Presumably I can create a file similar to UK Public Holidays and import/add this to my Outlook Calendar. -- Regards. Chris. Please remove MAPSON (NOSPAM backwards) to reply to me by email. See if this page has the information you need: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/holiday.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal accou...

Connection Error: Status=400,Bad Request
For 3 days now i cannot process credit card transactions or settle the batch from the weekend. I have checked the following: 1. Time zone and clock are fine 2. all set up info is correct for Bankcard company and transactions worked find up till sunday night with no change in configuration. 3. Computer is connected to internet with no outages and no packet loss. I have been able to ping ssl.pgs.wcom.net with no issue 4. restarted machine several times I called vital and they say i have to contact my software provider but they are no help here. I cant even get vital to trouble shoot connec...