Emailing from SharePoint - 3705

I've set up a client contact list in SharePoint and don't know how to email
from there.  Can anyone help please?
--
slimjim009

First of all, Outgoing e-mail needs to be configured in Central
Administration by your SharePoint administrator. Once that has been done you
should simply be able to select the group and choose e-mail users from the
Actions menu when viewing People and Groups.

--
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

"slimjim009" <slimjim009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've set up a client contact list in SharePoint and don't know how to
> email
> from there.  Can anyone help please?
> --
> slimjim009

0
Daniel

Spam mail coming from my own Email address
Recently, I have been getting Spam E mail as if it were being sent by myself. I have set up rules that get rid of most of the junk, but have also set a rule to not block mail from personal contacts including my own address. With that rule, somehow I am getting spam mail as if i sent it to myself. Anyone know whats causing this and the cure?? (I had an earlier reply to this question questioning why I would send an E mail to myself. If that person read this again, it simple. I use my Email both at work and at home and very often will forward material to myself so I can retrieve i...

Duplicate emails on exchange server 5.5
Im using w2k server sp4, and exchange server 5.5 witn sp4 also Im suprised that some of the users are receiving duplicate emails local and internet and it is continously increasing and annoying to the user that they received the same kind of emails despite the fact that they read already. What seems to be the problem. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Manny >>receiving duplicate emails local and internet local and internet? Are they different messages? Is the user a member of a distribution list and are the messages sent to the DL and the user? Manny wrote: > Im...

Pasting email address into text field
Hello all, I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel spreadsheet into an Access form. I receive an error: "The value you have entered into this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the DB. I can copy the individual email address into the field without any problems. the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows of data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB. Any ideas about getting around this problem? Hi, this is exactly wh...

Switching between email accounts in Outook 2002
I have OUTLOOK 2002 and need to setup separete email accounts (one for me, one for my business and one for my wife). QUESTION: How do you switch between them? I could do this with OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6, but can't figure out using this new version. HELP! There are several ways to do this. One is to have one Outlook profile, add both e-mail accounts to it, and use rules to divert incoming messages to separate folders based on the e-mail account through which they were received. However, all folders will be shared between the two of you. Another option is to set up two separate Outlook pr...

Microsoft Outlook as a default for email
Hi Just bought new laptop and installed Office XP. Cannot get it to work or recieve any emails and or import contacts form old files. Any one looking to help me please. John >Just bought new laptop and installed Office XP. Cannot >get it to work or recieve any emails and or import >contacts form old files. Please give some symptoms. What happens when you try? What error messages display? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and...

Problem print an email
My brother can not print our emails. he is using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180 and i am using Outlook 2000, SP-3. I am the only person he gets email from that will not print. my format is Plain Text, and it is just words--no pix, nothing special. i assume there is something on my end which keeps him from printing. can someone help me out?? thanks, ron Please insert an E between the n & t, to reply via email. rondi <rdiehl@sandpoint.nt> wrote: > My brother can not print our emails. he is using Microsoft Outlook > Express 6.00.2900.2180 and i am using Outl...

recieving emails
when i try to recieve emails a pop up window appears asking for my wifes mail server, who is on a different account on the same computer. The error message is Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 any possible ideas this means nothing to me What does "different account" mean? Different Windows user account, or different mail account on the same Windows Mail program? I tak...

Why wont Pub2003 allow me to send page as email any longer? #2
I used to be able to send my page as an email. Now the only option is to send as an attachment. What changed? How can I send it as a page in my email? -- integritytommyg ...

Marco help
Hi all gurus, below is code for a button so once pressed it will send an email to the relevant people and information is contained within the email. What i now want it to do is add an hyperlink to the location of the files so the user can press on the link and open a folder on the server. The file path is: M:\Procurement\Sub Contract Submissions Hope this is possible!! If Response = vbYes Then Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") OutApp.Session.Logon Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) strbody = "Sub Contract Submissions...

Sending email via a different program
Outlook 2002 prevents programs from accessing your address book or sending mail on your behalf. When such actions occur, Outlook notifies you and gives you the option of choosing to continue with the action. I want to know how to get rid of this feature or type of security so I don't get any knid of message asking permission. I want Outlook to just send the email regardless of what program I'm using. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address ...

Name Matching
Hi when an email is sent to a miss-spelled address, how do I route these emails to a postmaster or admin account? Thanks Matt What version of Exchange? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Matt" <mattremoveme@edirect.co.uk> wrote in message news:006001c3b506$6c6670f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > when an email is sent to a miss-spelled address, how do I > route these emails to a postmaster or admin account? > > Thanks > Matt Exchange Server 2003 Running on Windows Server 2003 >----...

Blank Email Still
Outlook Versions 2000 and 2002 all updates Exchange Server 2000 no service packs Windows 2000 Server all updates Windows XP clients all updates I am still having blank bodies of email sent. The E-mail is also blank in the sent box as well as blank at the receiver.. Seems random. Here is whet I have done. Disabled Signatures Disabled Norton Anti-virus 2003 Pro I will apply SP3 to Exchange tonight. Any ideas? Thanks B Hi, Bob try recreating your email profile and test the issue Good luck! Yvon "Bob" wrote: > Outlook Versions 2000 and 2002 all updates > Exchange Serv...

HTML Email templates in MS CRM 1.2
Dear all, In MS CRM version 1.0 there was the possibility to include HTML in an email template. When you would include some table, link or image html tags in the email they would be converted and diplayed as html. Our problem is that version 1.2 doesn't seem to support this any longer. Is this true or is there another way to do this. If it is remover, why has that been done. Regards, Edwin Jongsma, Accenture ------=_NextPart_0001_0993C774 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Yes this is a removal in v 1.2 to disallow scripting via the editor. Thanks, Priya J...

can we configure kerberos after installing sharepoint 2010 on web
Hi We installed SharePoint 2010 on a small web farm (2 servers) without following the setup instructions. we are facing the double hop issue. the setup guide says that we should configure kerberos before installing sharepoint, but we can't go back right now. can we configure kerberos after installing sharepoint 2010 on web farm? ------=_NextPart_0001_A01EA0AB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello LemonwithMint, You can easily configure Kerberos after installing SharePoint as well. Kerberos would basically require following: - Web applicat...

sending emails #14
I am having a problem with outlook and outgoing emails. Those coming in appear to be OK but it struggles to send any out, even if I click the "send/receive" icon a few times there is no gaurantee that they will go; some do and some don't. I am sure that I have the correct smtp address so can anyone suggest what else I can try? Thank you Stewart <twoduncans@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am having a problem with outlook and outgoing emails. Those coming > in appear to be OK but it struggles to send any out, even if I click > the "send/receive" icon a f...

Getting "program trying to access addresses" message when sending email
Whenever I open up a new "Compose Mail" window and start typing addresses into the "To" field, Outlook brings up the message that a program is trying to access email addresses I've stored in Outlook, and asking whether I want to allow it. Any reason this is happening even though the program that's trying to access those addresses is Outlook itself? Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat 6 installed? If yes, you might have to disable the PDFMaker addin. In any event, check out this section http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems to s...

Lost email folders when upgrading
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I just upgraded from Office X to 2008, and some of my email file folders are missing as well as addresses in my address book. How can I recover these? <FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:11pt'>On 1/7/10 7:41 AM, in article <a href="59bb03e0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bb03e0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href="Blucey@officeformac.com">Blucey@officeformac.com</a>&quot; &l...

Tracking Email Delivery Failures
Can someone help me out? I have a database of prospect email addresses (Col A) and responsible sales person (Col B). Let's call this Sheet 1. Can I enter a list of rejected email addresses in Col A of Sheet 2, and have Excel find those address in sheet 1 and return the name of the sales person (Col B Sheet 1) into Col B of Sheet 2? Vlookup. If your rejected email address is in Sheet 2, cell A1 then; In Sheet 2, cell B1, enter: =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,FALSE) And then copy this down. -- mishkarella ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mishkarella...

sending email trough ms outlook from outside MS outlook
Hi all, Currently I'm using BLAT (in combination with self made scripts) to send emails to customers with specific data and document attached. This works trough a smtp server. I'm looking for an option to do the same but without sending it directly to the smtp server but trough the default MS outlook account. Actually a way to send emails with attachement to specific people from outside MS outlook but though the ms outlook account on that pc. Any help ? Many thanks on forehand !! Ronald. It could be accomplished with through Outlook using VBA. -- Guy Forefront Business Solution...

Email PST Solution
Here at my company were are running Outlook 2003 and we are running into storage issues with user PST files. The PST files are taking up entirely too much space on our file server and we are exploring options to remove PST files all together. I wanted to see if anyone out there had any suggestions on any software packages that would best help us eliminate our usage of PSTs and better help us get a handle on our storage issues? I have heard that KVS is a good tool, as well as Comm Vault, but I wanted to get some outside opinions before I present an option to our director. Thanks! there ar...

How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don't need or may have errors.
How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don't need or may have errors. Example:- somobody@thisplace.com :error somebody@thisplace.com :OK highlight them and delete "Barry McConomy" <smile@vianet.ca> wrote in message news:103mp3hp7npqk02@corp.supernews.com... > How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don't need or may have > errors. > > Example:- > > somobody@thisplace.com :error > somebody@thisplace.com :OK > > Barry McConomy <smile@vianet.ca> wrote: > How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don'...

Exchange Email being routed through second server
I have two servers, one in NY and one in CA. The NY server is my main server. They are both exchange 2003, NY is SP2, CA isn't . My problem is that email is supposed to go out from NY and we have noticed that a good bulk of it is going out from the CA server. We tell that by viewing the headers. Now I want it my email to keep going out from our NY location, but I am stumped on where to start looking right now. Is it a relay issue or does exchange just pick it's outgoing server ramdomly. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated. If you want all e-mail to go out via the NY server,...

Receiving email in outlook 2007
Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interrepted. the server responded - ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded (pass:20,processes:Rps.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program. I checked all settings and they seem fine. Anyone else getting this message or know what I should do. Thanks for you help. Mark wrote: > Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. > Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interr...

Problem between SharePoint and MS Project
I have sharepoint server 2003 and MS Project server 2003. When I'm enter the required information on the Connect to SharePoint Server Web page in Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 and then click Save Changes, I receive an error message that is similar to the following: The project workspace template is missing from the web server running windows sharepoint services run the sharepoint configuration wizard on the web server running windows sharepoint service and then update the connection information ...

Entourage downloads duplicate emails
Hi, I've looked through the other posts with similar subjects but most seem to be about Entourage re-downloading emails from the past. My issue is that I get two of almost every new email every time I receive email. There are a few exceptions to this; for instance email I send home from work and some I get forwarded from a group (maybe the second one in this case is staying on the group's server?) comes in singly. Entourage 2004, v. 11.4.0 Mac OS X (10.4.11) ISP - Comcast (POP email) It is very annoying to have to delete nearly every other email. I've tried a coupl...