Doc library sent to receive emails, some attachments not being sav

We've had issues recently with sending files to a document library.  If I
look at the headers for the emails that come in, I see this behavior:

application/octet-stream - Attachment not saved
application/vnd.ms-excel - Attachment not saved
multipart/mixed - Attachment not saved

On my machine, I can toggle this by changing the outlook format of the email
that contains the attachment.   When another user does the same thing, he has
no issue.   For me, I get this behavior

Plain Text - Attachment not saved
HTML - Attachment saved
Rich Text - Attachment not saved

Has anyone else seen this issue and what needs to be done to resolve it.
This is affecting a lot of people in my organization.

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

FWIW, I see this as well

application/octet-stream - Plain or Rich - Office 2007 attachments - Not saved
application/vnd.ms-excel - Plain or Rich - Office 2003 Attachment  - not saved
multipart/mixed - HTML - Attachment saved  (CORRECTED).

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> We've had issues recently with sending files to a document library.  If I
> look at the headers for the emails that come in, I see this behavior:
>
> application/octet-stream - Attachment not saved
> application/vnd.ms-excel - Attachment not saved
> multipart/mixed - Attachment not saved
>
> On my machine, I can toggle this by changing the outlook format of the email
> that contains the attachment.   When another user does the same thing, he has
> no issue.   For me, I get this behavior
>
> Plain Text - Attachment not saved
> HTML - Attachment saved
> Rich Text - Attachment not saved
>
> Has anyone else seen this issue and what needs to be done to resolve it.
> This is affecting a lot of people in my organization.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Barb Reinhardt
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Barb Reinhardt

We've subsequently found that folks with mail in an Exchange 2007 server do
not have any issues and those still on Exchange 2003 can only attachments in
HTML files.

Barb Reinhardt

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> FWIW, I see this as well
>
> application/octet-stream - Plain or Rich - Office 2007 attachments - Not saved
> application/vnd.ms-excel - Plain or Rich - Office 2003 Attachment  - not saved
> multipart/mixed - HTML - Attachment saved  (CORRECTED).
>

> "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
>
> > We've had issues recently with sending files to a document library.  If I
> > look at the headers for the emails that come in, I see this behavior:
> >
> > application/octet-stream - Attachment not saved
> > application/vnd.ms-excel - Attachment not saved
> > multipart/mixed - Attachment not saved
> >
> > On my machine, I can toggle this by changing the outlook format of the email
> > that contains the attachment.   When another user does the same thing, he has
> > no issue.   For me, I get this behavior
> >
> > Plain Text - Attachment not saved
> > HTML - Attachment saved
> > Rich Text - Attachment not saved
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this issue and what needs to be done to resolve it.
> > This is affecting a lot of people in my organization.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Barb Reinhardt
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> >
> > Barb Reinhardt

is there a way to add a note to emails that i have received
I get a lot of emails and sometimes the subject isn't always what the email is regarding - Can i add a field to my inbox where I can type in information regarding the email... Or add a category to the email... Or add a note... Any way to designate what the email contains. Thanks! To add a category: Right click the message, choose Categorize To add a (brief) comment: right click and choose Follow-up/Customized This is what I do if I want to write more than just a few words: Open the message, click Actions/Other Actions/Edit the Message. Now you could even edit the Subje...

Bank Loan. Due Date Follow Up, Email Reminders
Hi guys. As our business is growing, we were handled a significant amount of money from the bank. The money is collected each time we give the bank an oficial document stating the value of the product we are commercializing. In GP 8, what is the best way to handle these money loans?, they have a termination date and we are obligated to pay the loaned money plus interest. Is GP 8capable of sending reminders? Thanks in advance Daniel, Sounds like this may be handled by the Payables module together with either Revenue/Expense Deferrals or the Scheduled Payments. You should be able to ...

Outlook w/Biz Content Manager
Business Content Manager has worked superbly until this morning when incoming emails now appear both in the Inbox, and in the Business History and one of the Accounts in Business Content Manager. I can find no reference to this anywhere. Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks. BCM sometimes has what's known as a "forms cache" problem. Clearing the cache usually fixes it. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing the cache doesn't fix the issue, try the other steps detailed at http://supp...

how do i protect a word doc, but leave some areas editable?
I have a word document formatted, but there are certain pieces of information that need to be edited each time it is used. How do I create it so only the set sections can be changed? Lainey25 wrote: > I have a word document formatted, but there are certain pieces of > information that need to be edited each time it is used. How do I > create it so only the set sections can be changed? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm and the links in that article. These articles illustrate the steps for Word 2003 or earlier. If you have Word 2007, post ba...

Disabled User
We are using Exchange 2003 and we have a user that belonged to GroupX and everything worked as it should when he was a valid user. He is no longer with us so we disabled the account and removed him from GroupX so when folks email GroupX it will not attempt to deliver to him. But apparently it still does as we always get the following reply from System Administrator: **** Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test email - ignore this. Sent: 1/19/2007 10:47 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: FirstName LastName on 1...

About duplicated email remover!
hi, everyone! As known to us, duplicated email remover can find repetitious mails in the folders of outlook. But, a unregistered copy can only be used in 30 days. After 30 days, the software can not be used as the expired version. Who can give me SN? I can't afford it as the dear cost! Thanks so much! Happy new year! "KejiaLi" <kejiali@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23KyjJGrDGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, everyone! > As known to us, duplicated email remover can find repetitious mails in the > folders of outlook. But, a unregistered copy can onl...

Outlook 2000 emails stay as new
I have this problem. In Outlook 2000 my emails stay as new even though I have the settings set to mark them as read after I look at them in the preview pane. The problem goes away if I close outlook and reopen it. What causes this problem? ...

Opening photo attachments
In a laptop we had previously opened photos (.jpg) in e-mail attachments by default with Nero 7. The program got corrupted and had to be uninstalled, and this laptop is now with my wife in another location where we cannot reinstall Nero for a while. What is now happening when she tries to open such photos that are e-mail attachments is that she gets a message "application not found"; thus, she cannot open the files. She can save them and open them in another program (Adobe Photoshop), but they do not open by default and she has to save them first before she can open them. Is...

CRM 3.0 not routing incoming emails
The router logs on the Exchange server show this error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMExRouter Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 10/10/2006 Time: 3:48:39 PM User: N/A Computer: TARARI-EXCH Description: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Verifying before delivery message: RE: Tarari Issue in mailbox: crmemail failed (System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream,...

why is it that lately my sent mail fills up with EMPTY messages?
Yesterday I had something like 296 empty messages in my sent box. No subject, no addressee but the date is there. Some have the opened envelop icon and some are closed. What is going on???? Virus, malware, spyware whatever you may call it. You do need to scan your system with MSE immediately. hth "NBgorf" <NBgorf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEB6478C-AC2D-4B01-A7CA-050BF2BA75D7@microsoft.com... > Yesterday I had something like 296 empty messages in my sent box. No > subject, > no addressee but the date is there. Some have the...

Opening Attachments?
I have a Win XP Sp3 machine with Outlook 2003 Sp3 installed. This has worked previously. If I am looking at the email in the Reading Pane and there is an attachment I can click the attachment it works correctly, however if I "open" the email via a double click and then attempt to open the attachment I get an error related to the Outlook Secure Temp folder. There are no files in the OSTF location and the user has local admin rights on the machine. Also if the user creates a new email and adds an attachment and wants to view the file attached before sending there is al...

Send/Receive problems #3
When using MS outlook for my mail I'm unable to send/receive, as soon as I hit the 'send/receive' tab I get a message in the bottom bar saying 'Mail Delivery complete' with the animated envelopes. If I am sending an e-mail, it goes straight to the outbox, and stays there. I have checked all my settings, and have used 'detect and repair' but this has not helped. Please can anyone help? Thanks The majority of the time that this error occurs is when the mail server settings are correct but it is not recognizing your user name or password. The second and m...

Exchange 2003
Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP2 This is a very strange problem. I have one user who turns on his out of office assistant and the out of office messages are not sent internally or externally. All other users use out of office and the messages are sent properly both internally and externally. I have the option configured to allow this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262352). I can't for the life of me figure out why this one user is having this problem. Everything appears to be configured for that user exactly the same as all the other users who ar...

Email Archive Software
We are gearing up for future requirements that would require us to maintain email archives for X days. Do you have any recommendations for a 3rd party software that would allow us to archive all emails to a SAN storage? Thanks, Fred Try this link http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/archivingandcompliance.asp "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OKrVb1FnFHA.2920@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > We are gearing up for future requirements that would require us to > maintain > email archives for X days. Do you have any recommendations f...

cannot send email messages from Window Mail
I have email on mail2web.com and I use it from windowsmail so my problem that I can recive email messages but Icannot send Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Hassan" <Hassan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:DA2310DC-3838-43A4-9701-36C4F01F6391@microsoft.com...

email #5
how do i keep my telephone number, fax and address all the time when sending a email You could add it as a signature in the account in your email client. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "sugarbabby" <sugarbabby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C8832EA-F64C-4861-89AD-6782A7D82024@microsoft.com... > how do i keep my telephone number, fax and address all the time when sending > a email ...

how do I unblock links in email mesages received in Outlook?
LInks in emails in Outlook are blocked-they will not iopen What happens when you try? A common error begins 'restrictions in effect... ' - for this problem, see http://slipstick.me/restrict -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you us...

Changing Account selection after typing email message
Outlook 2007: 1. My default account is KW1. 2. I start a new email. 3. I type the text of the email. 4. Before sending, I select the Account button and change to account KW2. 5. MY ENTIRE EMAIL MESSAGE IS LOST! THE ENTIRE TEXT DISAPPEARS!! The TO and SUBJECT remain, but that's it. By changing the FROM with the Accounts button, I lose the message. 6. I lose the will to type. Please help. you are typing in the signature panel. Edit the sigs so the first line is -- (2 dashes). This will help you see where they start so you can type above the line. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]...

Sending same email to various addrresses
How do I send the same note to several email addresses without the each one of them knowing who it was sent to? Thanks. Put the addresses in the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) field of the mail header. "leoj" <leoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E8A8B2F-CA26-43F1-99E5-98FFBE32AE62@microsoft.com... > How do I send the same note to several email addresses without the each > one > of them knowing who it was sent to? Thanks. But won't everyone see the original? i just want it to appear as a private email. Thanks. "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook...

How can I merge all my emails in outlook
How can I merge all my emails in outlook On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:31:02 -0700, Gaston <Gaston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I merge all my emails in outlook Please ask in an Outlook forum. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing and may have misled you. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] "Gaston" <Gaston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6DDF8A0-0AD9-4D3D-ADF9-F9200C0D4D89@microsoft.com... > How can I merge all my emails in outlook ...

Bad emails
Every day I receive emails ( 70 or so ) saying "sorry, your mail could not be delivered because of XXXXXX to ????" I typed these XXXX & ??? because each is a different and totally unknown address. Example: Roch47@SE.ht.... I think its a mass mailing trying to get me to answer a fake mail. Each say to "contact postmaster". These daily mails are a pain. I delete each one and dont open. What do you all think ? notsew_evets@frontiernet.net -- SW Date: 4/24/2010 11:15 AM, Author: steve Wrote: > Every day I receive emails ( 70 or so ) saying "...

Can't get into email
I can't access windows mail - system keeps asking for user name and password but then won't accept whatever I type in. This is error message: Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate argument(s) missing.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 Think problem may have started with last Windows security update? Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentic...

Draft emails tracked in CRM crashing Outlook
Hello :) CRM 3.0 with outlook 2003 I'm having problems sending Draft emails from Outlook. I recieve a reply from a customer, and hit reply and create my email. The email is already being tracked in CRM and reguarding set. I then decide to send it after my lunch, so save the draft and go away. On my return, I add a few more lines of text then click send. When I do it either takes a very long time, or sometimes nothing happens at all and the applciation crashes. First the draft email freezes and then outlook application begins to hang. An error message then pops up stating &q...

Unable to send emails from web interface
Hi Although this problem has been reported several times in the discussion groups, i have not found an answer to this query.. I have CRM. I have an admin..."crmadmin". This has an email ID - crmadmin@domain.com (both in the AD/Exchange and also specified for the user record in CRM ) Problem: When i try to send a mail from CRM, the email activity is created successfully, but the mail does not actually go. Here are my settings - Installed CRM with default SMTP settings ; gave the name (and not the IP) of the exchange server of the organization (which is in the same domain as th...

need to retrieve recently deleted email in live mail
How can I retrieve mail that was accidentally deleted before it could be read? Open the "Deleted Items" folder under the affected account. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "manspirit1" <manspirit1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA3249CE-C52E-4F47-AD4A-F633E1A06D1A@microsoft.com... > How can I retrieve mail that was accidentally deleted before it could be > read? If it is(was) a Hotmail type account(Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com) using Pop3 and the message is not in your ...