Disable people picker in a sharepoint list

Dear all,

I would like to disable the users/groups picker field in a SharePoint list
(NewForm.aspx).
I managed to disable the field itself (text box) but it's still possible to
click on the "Browse" button and search for people that then get eneterd in
the field.
Is there a way to disable the browsing?

Thank you in advance,
Hrvoje

0
Hrvoje

I think you will delete that column.
1. Settings>List settings>Click you wnat column name on Colums category.
2. Click "delete" button.

And then you can make other column.

"Hrvoje" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to disable the users/groups picker field in a SharePoint list
> (NewForm.aspx).
> I managed to disable the field itself (text box) but it's still possible to
> click on the "Browse" button and search for people that then get eneterd in
> the field.
> Is there a way to disable the browsing?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Hrvoje
>

> .

Thanks, but I was not clear: I wanted a field to be disabled on the new form
but displayed and active on the edit form.
I managed to solve it by hiding it on the new form:

_spBodyOnLoadFunctionNames.push("hideFields");

function findacontrol(FieldName) {

   var arr = document.getElementsByTagName("!");
   // get all comments
   for (var i=0;i < arr.length; i++ )
   {
      // now match the field name
      if (arr[i].innerHTML.indexOf(FieldName) > 0)
      {         return arr[i];      }
   }
}

function hideFields() {

   var control = findacontrol("ControlToHide");
   control.parentNode.parentNode.style.display="none";
}
</script>

Regards,
Hrvoje

"shinachk" <shinachk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think you will delete that column.
> 1. Settings>List settings>Click you wnat column name on Colums category.
> 2. Click "delete" button.
>
> And then you can make other column.
>
> "Hrvoje" wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I would like to disable the users/groups picker field in a SharePoint
>> list
>> (NewForm.aspx).
>> I managed to disable the field itself (text box) but it's still possible
>> click on the "Browse" button and search for people that then get eneterd
>> in
>> the field.
>> Is there a way to disable the browsing?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>> Hrvoje
>>

>> .

0
Hrvoje

Vlookup from a drop down list
In Column A I have a drop down list from A17:A46 In Column B I have a formula =IF(A17="","",VLOOKUP(A17,'Hidden Pg for lookup Price'!A1:C29,2,FALSE)) this formula works for just the 1st row but if I copy it down it accelerates the rows =IF(A18="","",VLOOKUP(A18,'Hidden Pg for lookup Price'!A2:C30,2,FALSE)) I tried to put $'s around the $A$1:$C$29 but it then seems to freeze it up and will only show me the formula in the cell and not give me a result? Any ideas? Thank you!!!! <I tried to put $'s around the $A$1:$C$29...

List of XPath Escape Characters
In my previous post, I asked about a routine which prepares a string for an XPath query by taking care of escape characters. Unable to find a list, I'm now wondering assumign I enclose the attribute value in quotes in my XPath query, what other escape characters need to be handled aside from a quotation mark? As I understand it, an apostrophe wouldn't be a problem since I'm enclosing the string in quotes. thanks! Hi Matthew, For a list of these special characters, you may refer to: HOW TO: Locate and Replace Special Characters in an XML File with Visual Basic .NET http:/...

Distribution Lists maximum size
I am using exchange 2003 and I created a distribution list in Outlook. I tried importing 150 contacts but it would not allow that due to I had reached the Maximum size for a distribution list that my network allows. Where do I change this setting? In news:0D4A4AB1-7D15-461C-AD55-BF3BD2C1A049@microsoft.com, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am using exchange 2003 and I created a distribution list in Outlook. > I tried importing 150 contacts but it would not allow that due to I > had reached the Maximum size for a distribution list that my network > allows. W...

How Update Pick List on Change
Hi, I have 2 Picklist Fields in a Form. Want to update a one picklist field after I Change the other picklist field. How can I apply a java Script on this.....please help..... Thanks Irshard I asked a very similar question before...the thread is linked here: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.crm&mid=00c3a061-a84d-4277-ba83-ce06c336a8de "Irshard" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 2 Picklist Fields in a Form. Want to update a one picklist field > after I Change the other picklist field. How ...

bulk update of pick-list fields
I just have a new attribute added to Contac & it's the type of pick-list. How can I bulk-update the existing contacts to set to a value in the pick-list ?? assuming i have other unique ID of contacts, can i go straight to sql & run a script? Thanks While it is technically not supported, I have found that you can usually do a simple update like this. When running the update, just update smaller numbers of records at a time. There have been some people who have run into some weird issues since there is some processing that kicks in off the triggers. As always, make sure you ha...

LDAP query that contains everyone in an OU for an address list
I'm not very familiar with LDAP, but I'm wanting to create an address list based on membership in an Exchange 2003 OU. For example, I have an OU called New York where we put all our New York contacts and mailboxes. When a new contact is created in there the address list would automatically display them. Has anyone done this before? Thanks, Phillip phillipwendell@yahoo.com wrote: >I'm not very familiar with LDAP, but I'm wanting to create an address >list based on membership in an Exchange 2003 OU. Queries that use OU's won't work. >For example, I ha...

Help in creating a Distribution List in GAL (or something like that...)
Greetings to all, i'm an Exchange newbie and i need some help in configuring a new distrib list/group in Exchange. To be more precise, our company needs to have a distribution list with ~10 email addresses which can be visible when the user presses the 'To:' button in Outlook. The thing is, we these email addresses do not correspond to our company's AD domain users. We just need to group 10 email addresses together and make them visible in Outlook. Do i need to create users in AD Users and Computers, group them and create a Distribution Group with an email address? I know...

"Another software is attempting to access my contact list" message
I am using Outlook 2002 SP3 on WinXP. Recently (I believed) after installing SP3, every time I create a new mail or reply/forward a mail, I get a message that "a software is attempting to access my contact list. Do I want to allow it to access" or something sounding simialr. At furst I thought it was due to IHateSpam4 software that I had installed in my system. However I have contacted their support and ended up deleting IHateSpam from my system and completely cleaned all registry entries relating to it. Still I get the same message with new mail creation. Can someone tell ...

Create List based on cell data
I have been trying to do this various ways and can just not get i right. I have a table that has multiple cities and populations and squar miles: A B C 1 city 1 sq mile 1 pop 1 2 city 2 sq mile 2 pop 2 3 city 3 sq mile 3 pop 3 4 city 4 sq mile 4 pop 4 5 city 5 sq mile 5 pop 5 I know how to order the list by (smallest to largest) number: Square Miles Population 10 =large(b1:b5,5) =large(c1:c5,5) 11 =large(b1:b5,4) =large(c1:c5,4) etc.. I would prefer to be able to display the name of the city (instead o the s...

Carlos,Bobby,Dominic and other helpful people
Here is the situation . 2 home computers running Vista 64, one home premium and one business. First off yes both will run there respective versions with no problems. Now here is the question Could I purchase the family pack of win 7 home premium and upgrade the existing vista home premium and clean install the other? Do you recommend buying win 7 home premium upgrade and one win 7 professional upgrade? On my vista business 64 I currently dual boot with the win 7 rc and really do not care if I have to wipe and reinstall but the wife's computer well Lord help me if I screw th...

coding a list
Hi. I have a survey that I have to enter on excel, and I wanted to know if there was a way to code the choices (ie: 1=health center, 2=hospital, 3=health department, etc). I've done this before, but I just can't seem to remember how! Please let me know if you can help. Thanks, Angela Angela, You can make up a list like this, in cells A1:B3 1 health center 2 hospital 3 health department Then when you enter a 1, say in cell D1, you can use a formula in E1: =VLOOKUP(D1,$A$1:$B$3,2,FALSE) to convert the number to the words. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "A...

Problem with Distribution List Outlook 2003
I created a .csv file from a contact folder on my PC at my office in order to put it on another computer in a different area of the state. This is a law enforcement statewide network. At the other computer, I created a new folder under "Contacts" in the other folder and imported the .csv list into it. Good. Now, when I try to create a new distribution list in this new folder, I cannot see the contact folder I created. When I select Add Members..., the new folder name doesn't appear in the drop-down. If I right-click on the folder name in the Folder List and look at P...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel #2
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through email (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on the server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it to doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I can save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as an attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email through excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it's easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on the server. There was some sort of wizard that...

Changing the name of a list.
i have created list names next to the formula bar, but i need to edi the lists (to add more to the list) How do I delete, or change my lis names -- comotoma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2729 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46832 If you insert cells (rows or columns) <within> the named range, the automatically become part of the named range (it auto adjusts th boundaries of the range). Alternatively, you can go to Inse...

Querying a list with Excel
I am starting out with a list like Tech Date Code Actual Billed DON 11/15/2004 E 5.40 6.00 DON 11/15/2004 W 3.00 4.00 DON 11/15/2004 E 4.00 4.00 DON 11/15/2004 DO 0.30 4.00 DON 11/15/2004 HD 8.00 0.00 Paul 11/15/2004 E 3.00 4.00 Paul 11/15/2004 E 2.30 2.00 Paul 11/15/2004 E 0.40 0.50 Paul 11/15/2004 E 0.60 0.50 Paul 11/15/2004 E 3.00 3.00 Paul 11/16/2004 W 3.00 0.90 Paul 11/16/2004 CV 2.00 2.30 Paul 11/16/2004 CV 2.40 2.00 Fred 11/15/2004 PDI 3.50 4.50 Fred 11/15/2004 W 0.30 0.20 Fred 11/15/2004 W 0.10 0.20 Fred 11/15/2004 W 2.30 3.00 Fred 11/16/2004 LD 2.00 1.50 Paul 11/16/2004 LD 3....

How create a list control whit check box, in a Dialog ?
Hi, I am studing list control How create a list control whit check box in a Dialog ? Adrián >I am studing list control >How create a list control whit check box in a Dialog ? Adri´┐Żn, In the OnInitDialog handler, give the listview control the LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES style by using SetExtendedStyle. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq "Adrián" wrote: > Hi, > > I am studing list control > How create a list control whit check box in a Dialog ? > > Adrián http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/listcheckbox.asp Selvam ...

Do people that code this way...
....really think it adds clarity, or makes it any more obvious? CString str = "5"; int num = atoi(str.operator LPCSTR()); instead of just: int num = atoi(str); David, int num = atoi(str) sometimes does not work. The operator should be used, but in this way: int num = atoi((LPCTSTR)str); You should always use the operator functions like C-casts. Then the code is evident. Greets. "David Crow" <david_dot_crow@pbsnow.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23GDzk7BVGHA.4792@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > ...really think it adds clarity, or makes it any m...

price list demo in plasma tv
Hi all For example I want to display a pricelist board using plasma screen in front of the shop . So I hope it is possible to create the screen for the pricelist of the products using powerpoint slides . Please advice me to create a slides and how to use on plasma tv With thanks Pol Pol, Have a look here: http://www.presentationpoint.com/solutions/information-systems.htm Judging by your signature you seem to be Dutch, in that case: http://www.presentationpoint.be/ -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in be...

Reading a list of names to update their records
Hi, I have a file named Inventory.xls which carries the records of all my stock items. List.xls is a short column list of item names whose identical data in Inventory.xls has to be updated by calling on a procedure Update07 which I already have. Starting at the first item in List, how do you write the codes to read this item, find its name in Inventory, call on Update07 then return to the next item in List, repeat the process and stop when the item name is a blank. I'm open to other suggestions to do the same task. Thanks for any help or suggestions. TIA Tom ...

Access 2003 post SP3 hotfix
"Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3." And a few more problems SP3 introduced. Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog...

Distribution List #17
I have a distribution list of a few hundred people that I am trying to send an email to. My ISP has put a 49-name limit on outgoing emails. My question is, is there a way to divide this list without retyping all the names? It doesn't give me the options of cutting, pasting, or copying, and I really don't want to have to type them all over again. For the record, this is NOT spam. These are customers of mine who have requested that I put them on my distribution list. Thanks in advance, Valerie Now you see why none of us use DL's. No such features exist. In theory, you c...

Why can I read other peoples e-mail, when I log on to their wor.
When I log on tooutlook 2003 at workstation where my co-worker is the Administrator, I get his e-mail. I only have domain user privileges. did you create your own profile? "MEDS" <MEDS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD6804C0-BF21-4395-9C1C-5E7E4C7388D2@microsoft.com... > When I log on tooutlook 2003 at workstation where my co-worker is the > Administrator, I get his e-mail. I only have domain user privileges. Thanks for responding Diane. I created my own profile. "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote: > did you create your own profile? >...

Disable textbox auto expand
the page contains upper part (table) and lower part (gridview with update panel) the table is set to 100% width of the page there is a textbox (100% width of the cell) in one of the column when text is putting into the textbox, text is scrolling in the textbox, textbox width is not changed. However, after 30seconds (lower part update panel timer interval), the textbox expands, the page scroll out of the screen. Some web posts advise to set fixed width (eg 500px) is there any other solution that the textbox can stay fixed at 100%? Thanks a lot. tony i tried...

disable ctrl-C, caret and (*.*) in document-rich edit view architecture?
I need to make a rich edit viewer that will not allow changes or printing or copying of data. I thought the fastest way would be to create a RichEditView SDI application, make the underlying CRichEditCtrl readonly and remove anything related to copying, cutting, saving, selecting, etc. I did all that, but ctrl-C still works. I removed all the menu items, accelerators, etc that I could find. What can I override to capture and filter ctrl-C? Also, I would like the File Open dialog to only allow .memo files to be opened. I created the project with only *.memo, but the project or windows is addi...

How to listing e-mail address instad of the name when creating mail.
Is there a way to type in a name (or start to type in an address book entry and have it autocomplete), but then NOT have the person's name in the "To" box or the "CC" box but rather their e-mail address with no name listed? It's a strange request but it does have to do with an online game....and, of course, it's not for me but is for my sister!!!! TIA ...