Difference between today's date and a past date

Hi,

I have a list which contains a column that is of the "Date and Time" type.
It contains dates for, say, new hires.  I want to calculate the differences
between today's date and these hire dates.  I found that the function TODAY
would give me today's date, however, TODAY can't be used in a calculated
column.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Richard

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

1 Chart

Percentage difference calc that knows the largest figure
I have a calculation in cell A3 which looks at the content of Cell A1 and Cell A2 and then works out the difference between both as a percentage For instance Cell A1 = 100 Cell A2 = 10 Cell A3 returns the difference as being 90% My simple calculation in Cell A3 is as follows =(A1-A2)/A1 Cell A3 is formatted to give the answer as a percentage to 2 decimal places The above works fine as long as the number in Cell A1 is greater than the number in Cell A2 If the number in A2 is greater than the number in A1 then my calculated answer is incorrect For instance Cell A1 = 10...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

copy-paste from excel to powerpoint
Office 97 When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour. Thanks so much for any help. Diana Select all the cells you are copying. Then: Format > Cells... > Patterns Then select white color ( bottom right) When the backgound color is set the gridlines vanish unless borders are turned on -- Gary''s Student "Cowtoon" wrote: > Off...

Too many different cell formats #6

Excel 2003 Copy/Paste filtered column
I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filtered column. It is not copying over the original filtered column but rather over cells that have been filtered out. The worksheet/cells are not protected. What could the problem be? Kind Regards Heather That's the way pasting works. It'll hit the visible and hidden cells. Heather wrote: > > I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, > changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filter...

date/time formatting

Today Function
how is this function called in the code? I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. thanks Hey Dave, I hope I'm understanding what your asking for but I think this is what you are looking for: Today() HTH, Shane Dave wrote: >how is this function called in the code? >I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. > >thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Well I think it is either Today() or Date() not sure which and not sure how to use it in the code. I ...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...

Are there MFC subclasses that give a different "look and feel" to the UI?
I was wondering if there are free implementations of MFC subclasses of windows and controls that give you a different look and feel? I like the Windows 2000 look, but it's quite a bit dated now, and the XP look is hideous for my taste, so I'm looking for something new, more modern looking, sleek. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Franco See if this has something your looking for. http://www.prof-uis.com/ "Franco" <cuminato@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1149800640.987272.304540@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I was wondering if there are free implementa...

how do I cut and paste
I work with Microsoft EXCEL everyday. I receive file and frequently I have to cut and paste to a new file and I have no idea how to do this. Can you help.... beverama wrote: > I work with Microsoft EXCEL everyday. I receive file and frequently I have > to cut and paste to a new file and I have no idea how to do this. Can you > help.... check this link: http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-2196.html No offense intended :-) It's just a pretty good primer. gls858 I assume you mean Copy and Paste. It's simply a matter of selecting the range to copy (paint...

Creating and pasting using VB
I need to create an email and paste a current selection in microsoft excel using visual basic. I have just started to work on this so I don't know what all I have to include. If I need mapi add-ins or anything else added please let me know. I already have the sub routines set to copy the data that I need out of excel but now I need to email this data automattically. Any help would be very helpful. Thanks, Matt ...

Prevent copy and paste in one column
I am having trouble trying to prevent copying and pasting in one specific column. The code refers to the specific range, but yet it prevents copying and pasting on the whole worksheet. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) Is Nothing Then Application.CellDragAndDrop = False Application.CutCopyMode = False Else Application.CellDragAndDrop = True End If End Sub Works for me in Excel 2003 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:42:01...

What is Compatibility Mode format? How its different from others
What are the advantages/disadvantages of Compatibility Mode? Which other format mode can be used? Compatibility Mode uses only features that are available in Word 97-2003. It is suitable for most purposes and will be used for any document that is saved in .doc format, rather than the Word 2007 docx or docm formats. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "author2010" <author2010@discussions.microsoft.com&...