Configure user permissions on a custom webpart

Hi.
I'm working on a custom webpart, which is a list that gets data from a ms
sql database. If you press a record, a new form will be shown containing
information regarding this record.
I would like to be able to limit access to the second form, it should only
be certain user who should have access to this.
On the second form it is possible to edit the information, by pressing a
"edit" btn, only specific users should have access to this.

My question is, how do I make these permissions, should I make a table in
the database with the certain users, and make code for it..?

Or is there a functionality in SharePoint that allows me to do so?

And where can I find information regarding this?

On Dec 16, 3:59=A0pm, EJ <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm working on a custom webpart, which is a list that gets data from a ms
> sql database. If you press a record, a new form will be shown containing
> information regarding this record.
> I would like to be able to limit access to the second form, it should onl=
> be certain user who should have access to this.
> On the second form it is possible to edit the information, by pressing a
> "edit" btn, only specific users should have access to this.
>
> My question is, how do I make these permissions, should I make a table in
> the database with the certain users, and make code for it..?
>
> Or is there a functionality in SharePoint that allows me to do so?
>
> And where can I find information regarding this?

I'm assuming that the form is displayed from within the same Web Part
that gets the data...As it is your custom Web Part that is in effect
implementing the security, you will have to implement the security in
your Web Part.

If the form is not part of the same Web Part, and is hosted in a
different 'page', then you could simply implement SharePoint security
for this page and restrict to specifric users in a Specific SharePoint
group!
0
George

User can not acces from home the EXchange server
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

Allow a user to log on as a service as well as a user
I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install and need to allow the admin user for the berry install to log on a service as well. How do i configure the user this way? He is already configured as a admin user. -- Trinidad You configure this (usually) under the Local Security Policy in User Rights. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0202604E-5164-453F-B16C-FE7F97543FD4@microsoft.com... > I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install...

infratructure for 2500 users CRM
I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM Servers is necesary for 2500 users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

Quote for Customer can't find data source #3
I need assistance finding the data source for the quote mail merge in CRM 4.0. I get a error "mail_merge_64494[1].doc is a mail merge document. Word cannot open the data source, ." Here is the process I go through before I get the error: - I open a quote - click on menu bar button "Print Quote for Customer" - select organization mail merge, Quote for customer, and OK - when asked if I want to open or save, I select open - I pick yes, when it asks if it can put data on my document I then get message above. How do I find the datasource? Also is there a way to configure...

Custom reports 06-13-05
How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? Thanks, M Where can I find Crystal reports? "Mikkhail" wrote: > How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? > Thanks, M "Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22C1DD57-5461-4924-8CA9-55810497D2D8@microsoft.com... > Where can I find Crystal reports? You need to buy Crystal Reports Developer or Professional Edition v9.2.2. to make custom reports in Microsoft CRM > > "Mikkhail" wrote: > >> How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? >> Thanks, M you may ...

Listing Activesynce users
Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. Thanks. Jeff In news:Oi0wwKTaGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jeff Senter <jsenter@erols.com> typed: > Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I > can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of > seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. > > Thanks. > > Jeff Check out http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

denial appropriate permission to receive my own emails in Outlook
Greetings! Since I started to use OUTLOOK 2002 (Office SP3) on my computer (Windows XP) I CANNOT RECEIVE mail in this programme : "you do not have appropriate permission to perform this task"when I click on send/receive . However I am able to SEND mail. My ISP helpdesk says this is an absolute Microsoft Problem. Since I am the owner and the only user of this apparatus, I have never bothered to set administrator or user accounts or passwords . Puzzling is that the account test for this programme shows as sender both my married and maiden name, followed by my first name, while ...

How do I enter the character '&' in a custom header?
Can anyone help me with this? Use two of them: && toolman wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this? -- Dave Peterson Try && Mike R. "toolman" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this? That works! Thanks for your help! "Mike R" wrote: > Try && > > Mike R. > > "toolman" wrote: > > > Can anyone help me with this? ...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

user profiles
i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was created and last visited. user profiles wrote: >i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was > created and last visited. Is this on OneNote? Could you pls explain a little bit what you are after? Rainald ...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Custom Controls 10-16-04
Hi, I would like to create a custom control .ascx and I'd like to konow how can I put it on a standard CRM form (for example Accounts) Thanks in advance Zsolt There is not a supported way to do this on the standard forms themselves. The closest supported method wuld be to add a new Tab on the left of the page via teh ISV.Confi and have that display your control. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:19:06 -0700, Zsolt Z�mbik <zombikzs@titanium-consulting.net> wrote: Hi, I would ...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

Public Folder Permissions #36
I need to take ownership of several calender based public folders. I apologize as to the lack of skill here. I have just been handed this job and I am trying to do the best I can. Any and all help would be most appreciated. Thanks Open Exchange system manager, expand admin groups, folder public folder. Locate the folder, properties, permissions, client permissions, add yourself as owner. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Apr 17, 12:32 pm, James <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to take ownership of several calender...

Custom total in PivotTable
How do you add a custom total in a PivotTable! For instance: Field1 Field2 Field3 DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA TOTAL (all DATA under Field3 column) I've tried it with grand total but it doesn't work. The only way was to insert new calculated field and grand total, but that gives me two same data columns at the end. Thanks for helping, Boris ...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...

calendar permissions
As a delegate on my boss' calendar, how do I stop my own out-of-office reply from replying to meeting requests that come to him? ...

Customizing the Report
Hi, I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Raju Launch Crystal, Go to Enterprise Folders, Under the MSCRM 1.2 folder locate the directory similar tothe categories found on the CRM reports page >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. >Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. > >Thanks in Advance. > >Regards, >Raju > > >. > ...

How to switch users in Outlook
I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has Outlook. There are two users in our family. How do we switch users so that we are not reading each other's mail in Outlook? Outlook Express has a "switch users" selection but Outlook does not. Outlook typically depends on different OS level user logins. What OS are you using? "Dennie" <Dennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C03B0A9-F2C7-4AFD-9300-F138A643346E@microsoft.com... >I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has > Ou...

Import custom namespace in XSLT
Hi, I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined namespace. For ex: System.Web It seems the framework 1.1 does not work in a manner mentioned in the documentation. The framework gives me a run-time exception and does not transform the input file Have you come across such situations and were able to implement the same? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Alok Alok Sathaye wrote: > I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined > namespace. For ex: System.Web Then when declaring and/or using object...

Sharepoint "webparts" for mscrm
What tools can I use to create "webparts" for ths sharepoint I have now got setup as an intranet, to access mscrm related info? Does it have to be Frontpage to extract info or can you do it numerous ways? I would appreciate very much any brief overviews on how to do it anyone has. Thanks I've managed it using Frontpage 2003 now anyway after googling. Its not that difficult. "Tony" <discussions@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23n03LfaFFHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > What tools can I use to create "webparts" for ths sharepoint I ha...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...