vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table

I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script

On Error Resume Next
Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001
Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
Const ForReading = 1
'Create FSO
'Create an environment for the script to work
Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
'Connection to the database
Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
'Connection to a Recordset
Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
'Opens the Database
cnn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
             "Data Source= U:\My Documents\ComputerInventory.mdb"

'Read Text File
Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("U:\Scripts\AllSTM\STM11_09.txt",
ForReading)

Do Until objFile.AtEndOfStream
strcomputer = objFile.ReadLine
'**************************************** Start Ping
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\CIMV2")
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
	("Select * from Win32_PingStatus " & _
		"Where Address ='" & strcomputer & "'")
For Each objItem In colItems
	If objItem.StatusCode = 0 Then
	'WScript.Echo strcomputer & " Reply Received"
'*************************************** Start Script
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strcomputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colOSes = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem")

WScript.Echo "Login Information
*******************************************************************"

Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & _
    strcomputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")
strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon"
strValueName = "DefaultUserName"
oReg.GetStringValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath,strValueName,strValue
Wscript.Echo "UserName: " & strValue
Set oNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
sDomain = oNetwork.UserDomain
sUser = strValue
sADSPath= sDomain & "/" & sUser
Set oUser = GetObject("WinNT://" & sADSPath & ",user")
'Split Full Name
strsplitname = oUser.FullName
strfirstname = LTrim(MID(strsplitname, InStr(1, strsplitname, ",") + 1))
strlastname = Left(strsplitname, InStr(1, strsplitname, ",") - 1)
WScript.Echo strfirstname & " " & strlastname
cnn.Execute "INSERT INTO user_tbl (username, fullname) VALUES ('" & strvalue
& "', '" &  strfirstname & " " & strlastname & "')"

'************************************************ OS Info
For Each objOS In colOSes
  Wscript.Echo "Computer Name: " & objOS.CSName
  Wscript.Echo "Caption: " & objOS.Caption

  WScript.Echo "Service Pack: " & objOS.ServicePackMajorVersion & "." & _
   objOS.ServicePackMinorVersion

Next

Set colManu = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem")
For Each objManu In colManu
  'WScript.Echo "Name: " & objItem.Name
  'WScript.Echo "Manufacturer: " & objManu.Manufacturer
  WScript.Echo "Model: " & objManu.Model
  cnn.Execute "INSERT INTO computer_tbl (computername, os, servicepack,
model, servicetag, videocard, memory, cpuspeed, ipaddress, macaddress) VALUES
('" & objOS.CSName & "', '" & objOS.Caption & "', '', '', '', '', '', '', '',
'')"
 Next

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colSMBIOS = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_SystemEnclosure")
For Each objSMBIOS in colSMBIOS
Wscript.Echo "Serial Number: " & objSMBIOS.SerialNumber
Next
'***************************************** Video Card info
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strcomputer & "\root\CIMV2")
Set colVideo = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_VideoController")
For Each objVideo in colVideo
    Wscript.Echo "Description: " & objItem.Description
Next

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" _
& strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colComputer = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem")
For Each objComputer in colComputer
' Wscript.Echo "System Name: " & objComputer.Name _
' & vbCr & " " & "Total RAM " & objComputer.TotalPhysicalMemory
objExcel.Cells(x, 11).Value = objComputer.TotalPhysicalMemory
Next
'************************************ Get CPU Speed
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strcomputer & "\root\CIMV2")
Set colProcessors = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Processor")
For Each objProcessor in colProcessors
    WScript.Echo "Name: " & objProcessor.Name
Next
'******************************************* Get IP Address
 Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set IPConfigSet = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
 ("Select * from Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration Where IPEnabled = True")
 Set objNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")
 For Each IPConfig In IPConfigSet
     strIPAddress = IPConfig.IPAddress(0)
     arrIPAddress = Split(strIPAddress, ".")
     If arrIPAddress(0) = "10" Then
  wscript.echo IPConfig.IPAddress(0)
  wscript.echo IPConfig.macaddress
 Else
 End If
 Next
 'cnn.Execute "INSERT INTO computer_tbl (computername, os, servicepack,
model, servicetag, videocard, memory, cpuspeed, ipaddress, macaddress) VALUES
('" & objOS.CSName & "', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '')"
 'VALUES ('" & objOS.CSName & "', '" &  objOS.Caption & "', '" &
objOS.ServicePackMajorVersion & "." & objOS.ServicePackMinorVersion & "', '"
&  objManu.Model & "', '" &  objSMBIOS.SerialNumber & "', '" &
objItem.Description & "', '" &  objComputer.TotalPhysicalMemory & "', '" &
objProcessor.Name & "', '" &  IPConfig.IPAddress(0) & "', '" &
IPConfig.macaddress & "')"
'********************************************* Add Code
Else
 'cnn.Execute "INSERT INTO user_tbl (username, fullname) VALUES ('" &
strvalue & "', '" &  strfirstname & " " & strlastname & "')"
 'cnn.Execute "INSERT INTO computer_tbl (computername, os, servicepack,
model, servicetag, videocard, memory, cpuspeed, ipaddress, macaddress )
VALUES ('No Reply', '', '', '','', '', '', '', '','')"
End If
Next

'========================================================
'Add more code here
'========================================================

Loop

objFile.Close

'Closes everything

cnn.Close
WScript.Quit
'************************************* End of Script

The script will only work if I use one table and not both. Can someone
please help me.

Thanks

Try running the script with the first statement commented out.
An "On Error Resume Next" with no supporting statements, just causes no
errors to be reported while also possibly causing unwanted statements to be
executed.  And, of course, it prevents you from reporting the clues that an
error message might contain, thus making things more difficult for the
volunteers here.

-Paul Randall

"freddy" <freddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> 'cnn.Execute "INSERT INTO user_tbl (username, fullname) VALUES ('" &
> strvalue & "', '" &  strfirstname & " " & strlastname & "')"
> 'cnn.Execute "INSERT INTO computer_tbl (computername, os, servicepack,
> model, servicetag, videocard, memory, cpuspeed, ipaddress, macaddress )
> VALUES ('No Reply', '', '', '','', '', '', '', '','')"
> End If
> Next
>
> '========================================================
> 'Add more code here
> '========================================================
>
> Loop
>
> objFile.Close
>
> 'Closes everything
>
> cnn.Close
> WScript.Quit
> '************************************* End of Script
>
> The script will only work if I use one table and not both. Can someone

0
Paul

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Tell the difference between upper and lower case
I have a column that has letters in it and I am using =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell and =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. to keep track of what letters are put in the "D" column. But the both count the upper AND lowercase letters. Is there any way to mak excel tell the difference between upper and lowercase letters? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RogerDaShrubber wrote... ... >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell > >and > >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. > >to keep track of what lette...

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Inserting form values into a table

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Excel not Access

Outlook 2003

Percentage difference
Hi guys, Not exactly great at formulas, so any help would be appreciated. Excel 2207 In cell k2 and below are buying prices. In cell j2 and below are selling prices. I just need to know the 'mark-up' percentage. Also, would be a great advantage for the formula to work the other way around....showing 'loss' as well !!!!!!!!!!!! Have tried: =2*ABS(J2-K2) / (J2 + K2) and =(J2-K2)/J2 and several other variations, but to no avail. Not sure whether I am needing 'relative' or 'absolute' either!! Thanks in advance Bob Hi Bob, Am Sun, 30 Oct 2011 1...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...