start IE in protected mode

I have vbscript that starts IE with Set oIE =
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"). How do I do the same but in
protected mode?

Thank,
LJB

0
LJB

IE "Protected Mode" is only available and on by default in Vista and up
because it is based on new security features in those OSs.

LikeToCode wrote:
> IE "Protected Mode" is only available and on by default in Vista and
> up because it is based on new security features in those OSs.
>
> "LJB" wrote:
>
>> I have vbscript that starts IE with Set oIE =
>> CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"). How do I do the same
>> but in protected mode?

As this code snippet will show, Protected Mode is not on by default when
a page is opened with script.

Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
IE.Navigate "http://www.msn.com/"
Do Until IE.readyState = 4 : WScript.Sleep 10 : Loop
IE.visible = True

--
Crash

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."
~ W. Edwards Deming ~
0
Dave
1/30/2010 12:45:44 PM
"Dave "Crash" Dummy" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> LikeToCode wrote:
>> IE "Protected Mode" is only available and on by default in Vista and up
>> because it is based on new security features in those OSs.
>>
>> "LJB" wrote:
>>
>>> I have vbscript that starts IE with Set oIE =
>>> CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"). How do I do the same but
>>> in protected mode?
>
> As this code snippet will show, Protected Mode is not on by default when
> a page is opened with script.
>
> Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
> IE.Navigate "http://www.msn.com/"
> Do Until IE.readyState = 4 : WScript.Sleep 10 : Loop
> IE.visible = True
>
> --
> Crash
>
> "It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."
> ~ W. Edwards Deming ~

The only thing I have found so far is to manually open IE "in private" then
vbscript can open additional copies or tabs, also "in private".

LJB

0
LJB

how to protect different ranges of cells
How do I protect different ranges of cells in excel when they are not adjacent to each other? Please give me a step by step description as this will be my first time successfully comprehending this proceedure, Select your first range. hit and hold the control key and select your second range. Format|cells|protection tab check the Locked checkbox. Remember that locking cells won't do much until you protect the worksheet (tools|protection|protect sheet). And depending on how many cells you want locked and how many you want unlocked, it might be easier to set all the cells one way (lock...

MSCRM 4.0User Summary Report not displayed Properly in IE 8
User Summary report in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 is not displayed properly in IE 8 . It is getting expanded in IE 8, hence the table columns are lost. It is getting displayed perfectly in rest all versions. Any help in this regard is appreciated. ...

How do I junk mail Protect ?
How do I junk mail Protect? And virus Protect Dear, Outlool 2003 have a feature of junk email protection, For Virus you need to have an Antivirus program - Norton or Mcafee etc.. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Akhter Hossain" wrote: > How do I junk mail Protect? And virus Protect "Akhter Hossain" <Akhter Hossain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBA5AB0-D5EA-4F6B-BAA4-291B669784A5@microsoft.com... > How do I junk mail Protect? And virus Protect www.spampal.org ...

Determining IE version
Hi, How to determine the version number of IE when you login as "Guest" user? The code I have cannot read "Version" value on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer. Thanks in advance, Muhammed Inam Cologne Data GmbH By default guest users have read permission to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subkeys. So in normal condition this problem should not be there. However use regedt32.exe tool and check the permission on this key. -- -- Best Regards Suhredayan Omniquad Ltd http://www.omniquad.com suhredayan@yahoo.com "Muhammed Inam" <fwr> wrote in me...

Mode function
Hi, I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: =IF(H1028="","",MODE(H1028:H1031)) If the four checked cells all have values but there's no two values the same (i.e. no mode) what I need is an expression that will return me a default value of 2 rather than the #N/A error value. Thanks for looking, Steve. =IF(ISERROR(MODE(A1028:A31)),2,MODE(A1028:A31)) Regards, Stefi „Struggling in Sheffield” ezt írta: > Hi, > I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: > > =IF(H1028="...

protecting a text box in spreadshhet
This is defeating me I have a text box in an excel sheet, I can protect the sheet ok but the text box always remains unprotected (ie the user could change the text) How do I protect it? thank you. Un-protect the sheet Right-click on edge of TextBox and Format TextBox>Protection Protect the sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:42:21 +0100, "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >This is defeating me I have a text box in an excel sheet, I can protect the >sheet ok but the text box always remains unprotected (ie the user could >ch...

"Save as" in IE programatically
When you view an image in IE you can right click and choose save as to save the file to the local machine. I would like to "move" or copy that image into a predefined directory. The thought is why download it again if it's already on my computer. I would like to avoid the unnecessary "save as" step. Any ideas how I could achieve this with active-x? TIA, Bill Try URLDownloadToFile/URLDownloadToCacheFile. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bill Levis" <bill@voicenet.com> wrote in message news:O##vXt1ZDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &g...

CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile.
CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile. I have uninstalled the CRM Laptop Client for Outlook from his profile and deleted the MSCRM. pst, Re-installed CRM Laptop Client for Outlook with my profile but still can see other user login. Even webclient opens with his login, it doesnt promts for Username & Password after installing CRM Laptop Client for Outlook. Thanks in advance ...

Word is starting when Outlook does
I think something was changed when I upgraded to Windows XP. Now when Outlook starts it starts Word. Word is my email editor but this is a little annoying. When it's starting it fires off with the "run macros" dialog box. Isn't there supposed to be a MSWord executable that starts on login and runs as a background app? Thank you, Shawn G'Day Shawn, When (Office) Outlook starts Word as its Editor, it usually starts a 'hidden' instance of Word - i.e. Word runs WITHOUT its normal 'Window'. However, if Word needs to communicate with the User (You) then th...

launch IE from an outlook email
I just setup outlook to manage my emails. Most of my emails originate in Yahoo and are directed to outlook via the POP account. All of my email messages are going to outlook, however, when I attempt to execute a hyperlink to the internet it says that the operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. When I attempt to lauch the same hyperlink in Yahoo, is operates correctly. I'd appreciate your advice here. Give this a try then - reset your web settings. Open your Internet Explorer, then select Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs > Reset Web Sett...

Cannot start the source application for this object #2
I added a .pdf file into an excel spreadsheet workbook. Whenever I try to open the file, I get an error message that say " Cannot start the source application for this object". It will not let me open this Adobe Acrobat document. I do not have a problem opening the .pdf document by itself outside the excel spreadsheet. Thanks, Charlie Hi, we have the same problem with TIF files. On an XP computer it doesn't work. If we do this on an Office 2000 running on Terminal Server it works fine ... Any idea ? It has to do with the Imaging application. Wangimg.exe is not running...

IIS 6 cannot start on Exchange 2003 server
Trying to access the public folders through ESM I get the error The connection was refused. Ensure that your HTTP virtual servers are all started and check that the WWW service is running. The IIS default site cannot start. Why can't it start? Is there a port conflict? -- Michael Bell Bell Consulting Services, Inc. No emails please. "David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message news:nthig0tds1fn088ou9edf5mdi25dos9i6t@4ax.com... > Trying to access the public folders through ESM > I get the error The connection was refused. Ensure that your HTTP virtual > servers ...

Protection Groups
We will be replacing our Exchange 2003 Server with a 2007 Exchange server with a different name. Can I use the same Exchange Protection Group that is setup for exchange 2003 with the new Exchange 2007? If I need to create a new protection group can I remove the old Protection Group. Thanks LeonardG If you want to use older protection group, try modify protection group and add the Exchange storage groups from the new 2007 server. This way same protection/recovery configurations will be applicable to new Exchange storage groups also. But if you want to completely diff...

Start label in middle of page
Hi Using labels for a laser printer I would like to instruct the report to start printing on a spesific row.. Reason, sometime you only print one or two rows. The next time that you print labels you must be able to instruct it on which row to start printing. Can it be done? Thanks Alfred On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "MultipleLabelsOffset.mdb" which illustrates one way to do this. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Ema...

Overdraft protection
I have a VISA credit card that automatically puts money in my bank checking account if my checking account balance goes negative due to overdrawing the account. In Money 2008, how do I categorize this transaction? Currently I'm calling it Other Income, but I don't think that is correct. Any suggestions. Tks. Ken "kenard1" <kenard1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:0B977820-2CB9-46FE-BD2B-5D729258DEE3@microsoft.com... >I have a VISA credit card that automatically puts money in my bank = checking=20 > account if my checking account balance goes...

IE 8 will not allow Adobe Reader download
Recently I updated to IE 8 on a winXP Service pack 3 machine. I believe the machine was infected with something at the time. I was using Avast and AVG Antivirus that were not finding anything though. The machine was very slow though so I purchased Registry/Idenity Patrol and ran that several times. It would find less things each time but got down to six items it would not remove. The computer runs much faster now but is unstable. When I try to download Adobe reader or Flash it immediatly locks IE and I get a message about maliious add ons. Also, I uninstalled all other Virus prog...

Start Date Change from My Tasks
When a user modifies the start date in My Tasks and published to the PM, the correct dates show in the "change acceptance" window; however, the new date does not show correctly in the client task start date field. The gantt chart does show that the task has been delayed (with a dotted line) with the task starting at the new start date. The dotted line starts at the old start date. Changing finish dates appear to work correctly. Suggestions Sorry . . . running PS 2007 with June CU. "Jim Sipe" wrote: > When a user modifies the start date in My Task...

Whether IE on Mac supports authenticaiton?
Whether IE (Internet Explorer) on Mac supports authenticaiton? How we can do it on client side? Thanks! ...

IE 8 Won't Launch
I've been using IE8 for some time and I run the Windows Update on a regular basis to keep my system up to date. I just encountered an issue where IE would not launch and was forced to uninstall and then reinstall IE8. I have not installed any new software or updates since the last successful launch and use of IE8 so I'm unsure what caused the issue. IE8 would not return an error - it just would not launch. I shut down and restarted my system and still could not get IE8 to launch. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and reported it. I wanted to make ...

How to disable Window File protection system
Hello, I need to implement a class that disbales Windows File Protection (WFP) untill next reboot and that shouldn't require Rebooting the system. Please help me out if anyone has idea about it, Regards Amit ...

Protecting cells in a sheet
HI, There s a sheet in which my staff keeps accounts of the cash received. Every week, i check the sheet and we tally accounts. Now my requirement is that she should not be able to modify any cell which i have already checked. But she should be permitted to enter data in my new cell, like adding new rows. Some way i can lock the cells after i have checked them. What s the best way i cud do this in Excel 2k? Thanks for any tips. Ramesh Ramesh Yes, there is a way you can do that. The procedure is as follows: A cell is protected if it is locked AND the sheet is protected. You ...

Password protect cells
I have a sheet that people need to enter data into, but I have a problem with people deleting the formulas in other cells. Does anyone know if there is a way to password protect one or several cells without protecting the entire sheet? You can lock cells or unlock cells (format|cells|protection tab). After you lock/unlock cells, you can protect the worksheet (tools|protection|protect sheet) When the worksheet is protected, the user won't be able to changed the locked cells, but will be able to change the values in the unlocked cells. There are other things that are disabled when the...

Auto Starting Excel
Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to have Excel open at a certain time (e.g 0900) and have it open a Macro to run. I have files which are auto loaded to a shared area but need to run the Macro's on them, I cant leave my PC on 24/7 but would like the Excel document to auto-open and run the Macro on a server. Can any one assist? Thanks Drew Use Windows Task Scheduler to start Excel with a shortcut to the workbook in question. Run the macro from a Workbook_Open event in the workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 May 2007 08:07:02 -0700, Drew1707 <Drew1707@discussions...

Once installed, where to start?
I'm starting a pilot of CRM in our organization. After the trials & tribulations of installation, I finally have everything running. Now I have lots of blank screens!! I can't seem to find anything along the lines of an Administrator's Guide to help tell me what I order to set things up. Is the online help really the only resource? I've checked out Microsoft's CRM portal, but the stuff there is more oriented to specific tasks. I'm looking for a road-guide to general configuring and customizing. Many thanks to those who came before me! Go to Amazon and...

How find appointments that *start* 12a.m.?
I'm using Outlook 2003. Is there any way to find all appointments that *begin* at 12 a.m.? Hint, it is *not* this: FIND (button) > Options (pull down) > Advanced > (Appointments and Meetings) > Advanced (tab) > Field (pull down) > Date/time fields > start (...which only give options like yesterday, today, last week, etc. ... but not a specific *time* like 12 a.m.) The reason I need to see these is, I may have some holdover things from several upgrades and and old Palm that may have been "no time" in the Palm, but somehow got tagged as 12 a.m. at so...