Extract multiple cabs

How can I extract msp files from cab files with VBS?  I have 99 cabs.  Each
cab may have at least 1 or more msp files.

I'm trying to edit an older script I used to qchain updates years ago, but
getting "Expected end of statement" errors.  That script is such a mess now,
it's not even readable or worth posting.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.  Thanks -Steve
---

"stev379" <stev379@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I extract msp files from cab files with VBS?  I have 99 cabs.
> Each
> cab may have at least 1 or more msp files.
>
> I'm trying to edit an older script I used to qchain updates years ago, but
> getting "Expected end of statement" errors.  That script is such a mess
> now,
> it's not even readable or worth posting.
>
> Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.  Thanks -Steve
> ---

The usual method is to extract them with a console command such as the one
below (untested):

for %a in (e:\cabfiles\*.cab) do expand "%a" *.msp

0
Pegasus

counting rows across multiple worksheets
I am trying to count and add all rows populated with values across multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to do this? The *easiest* way is to perform the count and/or the totaling on each individual sheet in the *same* relative cell. So, say the count is displayed in X100 on *all* sheets, And the sum is displayed in X101 on *all* sheets. On the main sheet, use formulas similar to these: =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!X100) =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!X101) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! =======================...

combine multiple recs into one with repeating fields
I have a file with beneficiary names for life insurance. The input file has multiple names for the member. The file format I need to load into our system has one record per member, but has repeating fields such as name1, name2, name3, pct1, pct2, pct3. I don't know how to do this in Access and I'm not great with VBA code. Try this -- SELECT ccount, name1 AS Benificary, pct1 AS Percent FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT ccount, name2 AS Benificary, pct2 AS Percent FROM YourTable WHERE name2 Is Not Null AND pct2 Is Not Null UNION ALL SELECT ccount, name3 AS Benificary, pct3...

allow comments extraction from MSWord in selection-comment pairs
Pretty well as the subject implies, I would like to be able to extract the comments I have made on students papers so that I can let them easily know what comments I have created; this is desired for when I would like to let them know how they are graded, or how they can improve without having to send 20 papers back and forth each class period. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,...

error 1311 cab D:/ z561407.cab not found outlook 2003
outlook asks me to reinstall note but this file cant be found. If i search for it i can not find it either. ...

Change passwords Multiple sheets
I have a workbook containing 20 sheets each is password protected with the same password, I would like to change this password on each sheet without having to open each sheet and do it individually Insert your current password into the UnProtectAllSheets sub and run it Sub UnprotectAllSheets() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim n As Single For n = 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets(n).Unprotect Password:="current password" Next n Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub Then run this one with your new password inserted Sub ProtectAllSheets() Applicati...

Using Multiple Check Boxes in Access 2003
Hi, I haven't used Access in a while and I tried researching to no avail. I have created a form and all I want to do is put groups of check boxs together under specific categories and be able to check off more than one check box under each category. -- Thanks! I think you need to use unbound check boxes. You'll only be able to use these on forms in "single form" view. HTH; Amy "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A15178F-8AF0-43E6-B515-0FE118989040@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I haven't used Access in a...

filling down or pasting into multiple fields in table entry
Hi all. Hope you can help. I occasionally need to enter info directly into a table. However, when I do, I would like to enter the same value into a large number of fields. It would be nice if I could: copy, highlight the top, say - 50 fields in a column, and then paste the value into all of them in one stroke. However, Access 2003 doesn't allow this. It just puts the value into the first field. Is there a simple way of doing this? Thanks very much - in advance. H. -- Pontins History E-Mail: usenet@pontinshistory.co.uk Please visit www.pontinshistory.co.uk Skype ID (instant messaging ...

Sending multiple files in multiple mails at once
The situation is the following: I have a ZIP which is to large to send by mail in once and FTP is in this case no option. So I remade the ZIP out of 5MB portions, ending with a large number of ZIP parts. Now I looking at a way to get the files send one by one, in single mail massages, but I don't want to make each mail one by one. Does any one knows a program for example, where you choose the file, set the recipients address and maybe more and then hit a button and . their all gone. Anyone any idea how to do this? Thanks in advance. Marc Boom ...

multiple email accounts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I set up four email accounts for work, each with a different domain, but they are all sent through my verizon.net email, and my entourage is set up via the verizon email. (I wish I could be more technical with my explanation.) Right now, if someone sends an email to one of my email accounts (one of the domains), I get four duplicate emails in my inbox. I had this set up on outlook before and it worked fine. Any suggestions? The key is not to enter any incoming server details for "sent-only" accounts. Since you...

Multiple users working on one Workbook simultaneously
Hi folks, Does anyone know of a way that multiple users can work on the same spreadsheet simultaneously without creating two different copies?? When two (or more) people try to work on the same spreadsheet, the latter can only open as 'Read Only' and therefore when each person saves, two different versions of the sheet are created. Can both persons changes be saved on the same sheet under the same name? Any assistance is greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks Stuart Wilson --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "melvin >" <<melvin.10qjsk@excelforu...

How can I solve for multiple unknown variables in Excel?
I'm trying to use Excel to solve for multiple unknown variables. I've been searching and have not found how to go about this. Does anyone know how to go about this? I'm sure that most of us do. Care to share exactly what you're looking to accomplish? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Marion" <Marion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D...

Can we have multiple inheritence for MFC classes ?
Hi, I want to have multiple inheritence for my MFC based class... So, is that possible in VC++ 6.0 ? ======== Regards, Jigar Meht Hi, Yes, of course. MFC doesn't restrict any C++ feature. Moreover, it cannot do it. -- ====== Arman "Jigar Mehta" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to have multiple inheritence for my MFC based class... So, is that > possible in VC++ 6.0 ? > > ======== > Regards, > Jigar Mehta > > > I do this kind of thing once in a while and it works great: class COrderQueue : public CWinThread, OrderStatusListener { } To...

Check all check boxes in a multiple form
Hello everyone, I need help trying to check all check boxes in a continuous form. Now, this form has only filtered data from its table. I need to change all the check boxes to TRUE but only the data reflected on this form, not the whole table. Please reply!! Thank you Danny, Danny Why post twice in 5 minutes? This newsgroup is supported by volunteers. If someone hasn't responded within 24 hours of your post, you might want to try re-formulating your description and re-posting. And 24 hours is not a 'service-level agreement' of these groups. If your need is more urgent, ...

Apply a simple formula to multiple rows?
Hello Esteemed Gurus :-) I have a formula for rows in the form =A10*DJ+E10*HJ+I10*LJ+M10*PJ+Q10*TJ The J is a variable that represents the row and there are over 100 rows, so it would be extremely boring to have to input this formula on every line. I'm exhausted after doing just 10 ;-) X(J)=A10*D(J)+E10*H(J)+I10*L(J)+M10*P(J)+Q10*T(J), J= Jstart, Jend ???, where X is the column of results??? Tried =SUM(A10*D+E10*H+I10*L+H10*P+Q10*T) on col X but no success. Any shortcuts? TIA rf Have a look at HELP index for INDIRECT -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

how extract photo fm outlook 2007?
Is it possible to take an embedded photo that is in an email received via Outlook 2007, and save it as a jpeg? Not an attachement, a photo that is in the email body. Thanks, Al Open msg, rt click on image "Al-hphdx" <bogus@nothere.org> wrote in message news:C856C830-0350-4063-8EE3-A468C8593A30@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to take an embedded photo that is in an email received via > Outlook 2007, and save it as a jpeg? Not an attachement, a photo that is > in the email body. > Thanks, > Al > ...

Outlook 2003 can't open Oracle Corporate Time iCal attachments with multiple occurrences
Outlook 2003 can't open Oracle Corporate Time iCal attachments with multiple occurrences We are having a consistent problem receiving a specific type of email message attachment from Oracle Corporate Time calendar (Oracle Calendar Server 5.4 on Solaris 8 / Oracle Calendar Client for Windows 9.0.4). The message has an iCal meeting request file (.ics) attachment which contains multiple occurrences. These are received by Exchange 2000 Post-SP3 (Windows 2000 SP4) and using Outlook 2003 in MAPI Cached Mode (Windows XP SP1). The Outlook client stops synchronizing the Inbox (however all other...

Exchange 2003 and multiple Front Ends
I have two Exchange Front end servers. One is in Seattle, the other is in Boston. The Seattle URL is : https://mail.company.com The Boston URL is: https://mail2.company.com Question: If a Boston user logs on to the Seattle URL, will they automatically be proxied to the Boston Exchange server? I thought that would be the case but it is not working. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you. Paul The Boston user's session should be proxied by the Boston front-end to the Seattle mailbox server. From the Seattle front-end server can you use OWA to open a mailbox by connecti...

Multiple Calenders in Outlook Today #2
I am playing with having multiple calendar folders (e.g., personal and business) so that I can print the personal calender with family events and hang it on my icebox. Works fine except that Outlook Today only shows events from a single calendar. Is there any way that OL Today can merge the events from more than one calendar? ...

Multiple Time Zones and the effects on All Day events in Outlook
Hello, I am working in a job that requires frequent travel between EST and MST time zones on a weekly basis. I like to switch the timezone on my system clock to account for which part of the country I am in. When I set up a calendar appointment for 9am while on EST, outlook will automatically set it to 7am when the system clock is switched to MST. This is good. However, any "All Day" appointments that I have set up (and I use this functionality alot) will also be pushed back two hours. This is not good, because outlook considers an "All Day" event to run from 1...

How do I print only one item on a page instead of multiple.
I'm trying to print out a badge in publishing on XP pro. and I only want to print out 1 badge and not a repeat of the same badge on the page. This was easy to do on 98 pub., all I had to do was x out the ones I didn't want on page preview. Is there a way to do this or am I goint to have to waste a sheet? "dummy06" wrote: > I'm trying to print out a badge in publishing on XP pro. and I only want to > print out 1 badge and not a repeat of the same badge on the page. This was > easy to do on 98 pub., all I had to do was x out the ones I didn't want on ...

Multiple email address in Outlook 2000
I am running Outlook 2000, I get my mail from a MS Exchange server. I have 2 e-mail address's and I receive e-mail to both addresses. Is it possilbe for me to choose which address e-mails are sent from? Also, I would like to know how to set up Outlook so if I reply to a message, the reply will be sent from the address that the original e-mail was sent to. Take a look at ChooseFrom application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:188a601c41b...

Enable multiple users with Email addresses
I am about to setup a new exchange 2003 server on our Domain. At the moment, we have Exchange 5.5 only. I have pretty much all users in the AD already, and I'm looking for way to mail enable multiple users at a time. My 1st step will be to create mailboxes for users that get mailboxes, but then I still have hundreds of users that need to be Mail Enabled. Almost all of these users have email addresses assiciated with them, but are not 'mail enabled' I know that I can individually right click, exchange tasks, establish email address, but that option doesn't come up when I ch...

Select multiple recipients.
If I want to send a message to specific recipients that I want to select from my Contact List at the time of sending that particular message, how do I do this? TIA Brian Tozer "Contact List" is an unclear term. Normally one would simply select the Contacts to which you want to send from the Contacts Folder > Actions > New Message to contact. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:di4p3a$tlm$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > If I want to send a message to specific recipients that I want to select > from my Con...

Change client permission on multiple Public folders
We have an Exchange 2003 Server with many public folders with subfolders (migrated from Lotus Notes). These are MAPI folders an have to be given access rights by using Exchange System Manager and give client permission manually on every single folder. Is there no "apply to all subfolders" add-in that exist? Or maybe a script? It takes some time to change permission on some 1200+ folders. Right-click on the parent public folder and pick "All Tasks". There is a "Propagate Settings" option there. "Bjorn Standal" wrote: > We have an Exchange 200...

formula to extract partial content (text) of cell
Any suggestions on how to extract partial content from cells? For example, if a cell's content has "MICROSOFT", I would like to extract "MICROS". Is this possible? Many thanks in advance for your help. =LEFT(cell,6) look also in help for MID and RIGHT -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "milano" <milano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7FEDF73-EC55-4F78-BDA3-F2C63B54A2F2@microsoft.com... > Any suggestions on how to extract partial content from cells? For example, > if a cell's content has "MICROSOFT", I would like...