Code-Completition

Hello,

Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition?
eg. If I type

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")

and then:

objShell. (point)

then all the possible values/methods,props, etc. will be schown?

Does anybody knows such an IDE? The VB Express 2k8 doesn't
work with VB Scripts.

Thomas

0
Thomas

"Thomas Steinbach" <steinbach@gmx-topmail.de> said this in news item
> Hello,
>
> Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition?
> eg. If I type
>
> Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
>
> and then:
>
> objShell. (point)
>
> then all the possible values/methods,props, etc. will be schown?
>
> Does anybody knows such an IDE? The VB Express 2k8 doesn't
> work with VB Scripts.
>

> Thomas

See the reply/replies received in the German scripting newsgroup and have a
look here about the merits of cross-posting vs. multiposting:
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm. If you're concerned aboiut the
language, crosspost a dual-language version in both newsgroups. When you
multipost then you often cause duplication of effort.

0
Pegasus
1/6/2010 5:14:36 PM
Thomas Steinbach wrote:
> Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition?
> eg. If I type

If you have an unlimited budget, take a look at PrimalScript.

If not, then you could debug your scripts in an old "classic"
vb compiler (vb/6).  Just declare all your variables as
"variants" and away you go.  Well not exactly, you do have
to include the appropriate typelibs in your project to get
the "hinting".

In case you didn't have the foresight to buy a copy of vb5/6
when it was available, you should be able to find a copy of
ms's (free) vb5cce available on the web (if you search hard
enough).  MS itself stopped offering vb5cce about two years
ago.

cheers, jw

You got questions?  WE GOT ANSWERS!!!  ..(but, no guarantee
    the answers will be applicable to the questions)

p.s. I forgot about mse/mse7 (microsoft script editor).
If you struggle with it long enough, it will also do
"hinting".  (mse/mse7 comes with ms office).
0
mr_unreliable
1/6/2010 5:46:50 PM
"mr_unreliable" <kindlyReplyToNewsgroup@notmail.com> wrote in message
> Thomas Steinbach wrote:
>> Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition?
>> eg. If I type
>>

> If you have an unlimited budget, take a look at PrimalScript.
>
> If not, then you could debug your scripts in an old "classic"
> vb compiler (vb/6).  Just declare all your variables as
> "variants" and away you go.  Well not exactly, you do have
> to include the appropriate typelibs in your project to get
> the "hinting".

You can use the VBA editor / debugger with any office app to do the same
thing.  For prototyping, use early binding to get intellesense to work, then
change to late binding for final debugging prior to using as script only.

> In case you didn't have the foresight to buy a copy of vb5/6
> when it was available, you should be able to find a copy of
> ms's (free) vb5cce available on the web (if you search hard
> enough).  MS itself stopped offering vb5cce about two years
> ago.
>

> cheers, jw
>
> You got questions?  WE GOT ANSWERS!!!  ..(but, no guarantee
>    the answers will be applicable to the questions)
>
> p.s. I forgot about mse/mse7 (microsoft script editor).
> If you struggle with it long enough, it will also do
> "hinting".  (mse/mse7 comes with ms office).

0
Mike
1/6/2010 7:06:08 PM
My own editor:

WEB-ED Editor
http://www.jsware.net/jsware/webed.php5

WEB-ED provides code completion for any
number of objects, with customizable menus.

  One way to do that is for the editor to "watch"
and fetch the typelib when you type a line
with "CreateObject". There's nothing wrong with
that method, but WEB-ED works somewhat
differently. Rather than fetching the typelib of
an object when CreateObject is used, you add
the object in a settings window and assign any
number of variables. Then you get code
completion whenever you type a listed variable.
The method/property list is stored (similar
to early-bound objects) and that list can be edited
if desired.

Obviously I have a vested interest here. :)

  If I leave my own software out of the picture I'd
say there are two well-known but absurdly priced
editors: Primal Script and Admin Script Editor. They're
the sort of thing you might want if you like a very
traditional editor and the boss is paying.

  A good bet cheap is VBSEdit. Last time I checked
it was free (with a nag screen). Simple and small
but very functional, and I think it has code completion.

   There are also a number of popular tools like
Emacs, Notepad++, etc. Personally I find those kind
of editors too general. Lots of editors like that will
color-code dozens of languages, but only in the most
rudimentary and generalized way, without any special
treatment for particular languages.

  I'm probably leaving out a couple of good options.
But very few editors specialize in VBS and very few offer
code completion. So if you seach for those terms
together you should find what's out there.

> Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition?
> eg. If I type

0
mayayana
1/6/2010 7:09:47 PM
I'am using
EditPlus: http://www.editplus.com/

Take a try.

"Mike B" <mDotByerley@VerizonDottieNettie>, haber iletisinde �unlar�
yazd�:eC9qONwjKHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> "mr_unreliable" <kindlyReplyToNewsgroup@notmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thomas Steinbach wrote:
>>> Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition?
>>> eg. If I type
>>>

>> If you have an unlimited budget, take a look at PrimalScript.
>>
>> If not, then you could debug your scripts in an old "classic"
>> vb compiler (vb/6).  Just declare all your variables as
>> "variants" and away you go.  Well not exactly, you do have
>> to include the appropriate typelibs in your project to get
>> the "hinting".
>

> You can use the VBA editor / debugger with any office app to do the same
> thing.  For prototyping, use early binding to get intellesense to work,
> then change to late binding for final debugging prior to using as script
> only.
>

>> In case you didn't have the foresight to buy a copy of vb5/6
>> when it was available, you should be able to find a copy of
>> ms's (free) vb5cce available on the web (if you search hard
>> enough).  MS itself stopped offering vb5cce about two years
>> ago.
>>

>> cheers, jw
>>
>> You got questions?  WE GOT ANSWERS!!!  ..(but, no guarantee
>>    the answers will be applicable to the questions)
>>
>> p.s. I forgot about mse/mse7 (microsoft script editor).
>> If you struggle with it long enough, it will also do
>> "hinting".  (mse/mse7 comes with ms office).

0
Seyfullah

Why I get error code c2440
Hi Everybody, Iwould apprecite it if you could help. Allen. //Why I got the following error message? for the 4th line: // error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from //'long (*)[3]' to 'long *' Types pointed //to are unrelated; conversion requires // reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or //function-style cast #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { const int max = 4; //(1) const int max2 = 3; //(2) long *pprime; //(3) pprime = new long[max][max2]; //(4) return 0; } Change line 3 in your example to: long (*pprime)[max2]; //(3) ma...

Vlookup nesting in VBA code
Can anyone tell me how to wrap this formula in VBA code so it runs as a value? I'm trying to understand how to nest this formula by using VBA codes. I can do a basic Vlookup, but when it comes to dealing with the errors, it is a struggle =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(IF(C3="",VLOOKUP(D3,Org!B:O,F3+2,0),IF (D3="",VLOOKUP(C3,Org!B:O,F3+2,0))),$O$3:$O $114,1,0)),H3&"C0MISCELLANEOUS",H3&(VLOOKUP(IF(C3="",VLOOKUP(D3,Org! B:O,F3+2,0),IF(D3="",VLOOKUP(C3,Org!B:O,F3+2,0))),$O$3:$O$114,1,0))) I tried using this method Sub Run_Alex() With Sheets(&q...

Bulk mail arrives in HTML Code
I am using MS Outlook 2002 and am part of 3 Yahoo Groups. E-mail from one of the groups arrives in HTML code. It must be a setting in my Outlook because when I forward the e-mails to my husband's Outlook on the same computer they come through fine. I have re-paired Outlook and even uninstalled it and then re-installed it to no avail. Any ideas? Might help if you actually declared what was your problem. "come though fine" [for husband's computer] doesn't tell us what is wrong on YOUR computer. Also mention WHICH version of Outlook you are using. Different v...

Form's code to look up values in a table
hello to all Some of my procedures have code like this: Select Case n Case is = 1 Select Case Marker Case is >15.4 .... Case is >12.7 .... Case is > 8.3 .... End Select Case is = 2 Select Case Marker Case is >14.7 ....etc In my code, n runs from case 1 to case 7, and each of these values has 3 Marker cases. The problem is that every year the values change and I have to go into the code and manually alter them. What's worse, next year, n may range fr...

trying to code an event[afterInsert]not ready for prime time
The help file is not very helpful explaining how to do this. I want some code to happen IF a new record is created. I'm trying to write the event module. I picked the beforeInsert event. I don't have a form only datasheet. This event should trigger if the new record is clicked in datasheet view. I'm not sure how to set up the event trigger? Where do I put the afterInsert event? MyClass module: Option Explicit public event Flag(byref booFlag as Boolean) Public Sub getFlag( ) RaiseEvent Flag(boolean) End Sub Option Explicit Dim WithEvents objOtherClass As MyCla...

Removing HTML codes in attachments
Have you heard of any information about a problem with OWA removing html code from attachments? ...

Removing VB Code!!!
All, At work because the email exchange blocks spreadsheets with VB macro's in them I need to remove the below code I have in one spreadsheet: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) End Sub I dont know what this does but when I remove it and close VB if I go back into it there it is again! Any ideas? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Select the sheet that has the code,right it's sheet tab and select view code, select it and delete it, save the workbook -- No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the ...

Code number for Microsoft Office 2001
My iMac crashed about two months ago. In the process of rebuilding it, I removed Microsoft Office 2001 to free space for the rebuild process. Unfortunately I have lost the sleeve with the product code on it. What can I do? Please reply to wnlewis@southwind.net Wm. Neal Lewis In article <d61c01c3f00a$2f7c7290$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "Wm. Neal Lewis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My iMac crashed about two months ago. In the process of > rebuilding it, I removed Microsoft Office 2001 to free > space for the rebuild process. Unfortunately I have lost...

Where to key in Agent Name and agent code in sales transaction ent
Hi, I need to key in Agent name and Agent code beside customer name and customer code. Which field in the SOPO can I use? Thks. SalespeersonID perhaps? If tht does not suit your need, you could use a User-defined field. Otherwise you may have to use something like Extender. HS -- www.DynExtra.com A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more Current member count: 40 -------------------------------------------- Share your knowledge. Add your favorite questions and answers Help add questions to this site! We want Your input. --------------------...

Code to make a Spinner button work with Filters on a Pivot Table
I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was able to use it and my backup was a week old! Does anyone have this code? -- TheTraveler Hi Take a look on Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/PivotMultiPagesChangeAll.zip -- Regards Roger Govier TheTraveler wrote: > I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on > this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was > able to use it and m...

Code Access Security
I have written a Web User Control that runs inside of Sharepoint, but when I want to use a custom convertor class to convert an XML attribute I get the following error: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed. Basically I start with a DataSet that I then want to transform into HTML via an XSL stylesheet. I do not appear to be able to use the XsltArgumentList Extension Object. >From what I have found this object requires FULL TRUST. If I comment out the args.AddExtensionObject("urn:trimble-date", Convertor); the code works fine. This code basically i...

Field Code : get bookmark (text) without table format
I want to get the value in a TABLE with bookmark (e.g. STYLE) using field code with the following 2 ways : { = STYLE \* MERGEFORMAT} I can get the value if it is numeric but get "0" is it is text. {STYLE} I can get the value either it is numeric or text in a table cell. However, I want to get a value only, without the cell. How can I get the value using Field Code?? Answered elsewhere. You must exclude the cell end marker from the bookmark so that it just contains the text. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourse...

deactivating payroll code
Hi there, I am trying to deactive a payroll code and am getting an error message “active pay codes are based on this pay code this code can not be deactivated" Any suggestions on what I should do? Are you trying to update a code at the setup level or card level? If you go to the setup window for this and other codes, do any pay codes have this code in the Based on Code field? Do you have any deduction codes that have this code specifically selected? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Craig" wrote: > Hi there, I am trying to deactive a payroll code and am getting an error ...

Pay code subject to tax but no tax deduction
Users would like the option create a pay code that is federal and state taxable with no tax deducted. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3f47b615-5854-4ff5-b...

how to delete Number/Custom format codes (2007)
I posted earlier but the term in Subject was wrong, and let me try again. In Excel chart Y axis, I created a format code. Some are by mistakes, and I want to delete them. I don't see any option beside Add there. How could I delete those unwanted format codes? According to Help (F1), I am supposed to be able to delete them from Dialogue box launcher for Number. I opened and select Custom but there aren't any format codes I created. Thx for your help. ...

even the codes in microsoft's help section don't work
i found this code by pressing screenupdating in the help section of vba. it doesn't work. it says i is undefined. so i write dim i as integer. then it says starttime is undefined. Dim elapsedTime(2) Application.screenupdating = True For i = 1 To 2 If i = 2 Then Application.screenupdating = False startTime = Time Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate For Each c In ActiveSheet.Columns If c.Column Mod 2 = 0 Then c.Hidden = True End If Next c stopTime = Time elapsedTime(i) = (stopTime - startTime) * 24 * 60 * 6...

error message C00D11B1,original code 80004005
Running WMP 11, Windows Vista Service Pak 2 Home Premium,32 bit operating system, DVD rw file system udf 2.01 and driver version 6.0.6002.18005. All I am trying to do is burn my digital camera videos that I put in WMP 11 to a cd-r . Something is set wrong somewhere because my videos are MOV. and I have to do the right click and Open With classic media player to see them. I have the support info.but it is a bit lengthy to copy to this post.It does have the codecs decoders ect. Don't see MOV. on the list. I have Quick Time also. Thanks for any help! -- Deb I'm pret...

Zip Code Lookup Add-in
Does anyone know of an add-in that will return a valid zip code whe given a street address, city and state -- GoFigur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GoFigure's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=427 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49333 I would have thought the UPS web page was better suited for this job. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "GoFigure" <GoFigure.2011en_1134558602.6627@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in...

Error Code: 0x80070005
(Running 2000-Pro, SP-4, IE-6, OE-6, classic mode, dial-up.) Avast AV, up to date. This computer is used mostly off-line; once a month I go on-line with it and update the AV and MS programs. When I did my December on-line update I received error code 0x80070005. The searching I've done so far leads to fixes for XP or Vista, but not for W-2000. Ideas? Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Hello CWLee, ...

I thought this code worked!!!
I have 3 controls on a form that I want to lock to make uneditable after they have been input. I had the Locked property set to yes and this code in the On Current event Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Action_Date.Locked = False Else Me.Action_Date.Locked = True End If If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Action_Time.Locked = False Else Me.Action_Time.Locked = True End If If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Action_Log.Locked = False Else Me.Action_Log.Locked = True End If End Sub It seems to do what I want it to do b...

Unique Filter Code / Advanced Filter
I have a database of information. I want to remove all duplicate entries for each patient. For some reason, the advanced filter - uniques only, still shows duplicate names. I've checked with =A2=B2 and it comes back True. Any suggestions on how to fix or is there VBA code that will give me the same result? Brendon Does your table that you are using in the advanced filter only have one column? If not you need to look at the whole table. If you for instance have Names Numbers Mr X 1 Mr X 2 Mr Y 3 Mr Z 4 and use that table and sele...

VBA code to hide all the tables on form open
I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually hide them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and import from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily basis. I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after importation action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in macro? If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks. Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them into a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the datab...

Running reports from code
Hi all - is there nayway to do his? I would like to be able to run a workflow rule and then call out to a custom assembly and from that assembly (depending on certain characteristics of the case) I would like to be able to genertae a report. I have no idea of how or if I can do this. ANy pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks Saira Saira, What do you mean exactly with "generating a report"? Is it a SSRS report that you want to display to a user or are you referring to something else? Workflows are server-side and cannot present anything to the user. -- Michael H�...

Coding Convention for using Binary FlagWords?
Hi all --- I'm thinking of putting the .Tag property to use by using a binary ("bitwise") encoded flag word. Over time I've come across different possible uses for .Tag but have never standardized how I use it. Has someone developed a convention for "parsing" binary flag words? A simple IF works if I only need to test for one flag, but if I need to check for the presence of multiple bits the only construct that comes to mind is a series of IF statements .... something along the lines of: Enum FlagWord FlagA = 1 FlagB = 2 FlagC = 4 .......

Why does this code keep crashing?
case WM_NOTIFY: // // Unhandled exception in toolbar.exe: 0x0000005: Access Violation // It Abends Right Here >>>>if ( ((LPNMHDR) lParam)->code == TTN_NEEDTEXT) { LPTOOLTIPTEXT lpttt = (LPTOOLTIPTEXT) lParam; switch (lpttt->hdr.idFrom) { case IDM_FILE_NEW: lpttt->lpszText = MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDS_FILE_NEW); break; case IDM_FILE_OPEN: lpttt->lpszText = MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDS_FILE_OPEN); break; case IDM_BUTTON1: lpttt->lpszText = MAKEINTRESOURCE(...