Word template into Publisher

I downloaded a e-mail newsletter template for Word into
word and really like the format.  I've tried cutting and
pasting it into Publisher but it doesn't work.  Any
ideas?  Thanks.  Bill
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Bill Rush (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I downloaded a e-mail newsletter template for Word into
|| word and really like the format.  I've tried cutting and
|| pasting it into Publisher but it doesn't work.  Any
|| ideas?  Thanks.  Bill

Copy/Paste, Drag and Drop or in Publisher go to File > Import Word Document
or recreate from scratch.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
7/30/2004 4:14:53 PM
I was able to just open a .doc file in Publisher 2003. The colors changed
but the layout was the same.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Hi Bill Rush (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || I downloaded a e-mail newsletter template for Word into
> || word and really like the format.  I've tried cutting and
> || pasting it into Publisher but it doesn't work.  Any
> || ideas?  Thanks.  Bill
>
> Copy/Paste, Drag and Drop or in Publisher go to File > Import Word
> Document or recreate from scratch.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

---

jl_amerson (3088)

Outlook 2000 SP3 Word 2000 SP3 and Mail Merge
Can anyone explain why the security warning appears when I'm logged into Profile A and perform a Mail Merge but when I switch to Profile B in Outlook and perform a Mail Merge I do not receive the security prompt. Its my understanding that I sahould always get the security prompt when I perform a mail merge. Clifton Slater <Clifton Slater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone explain why the security warning appears when I'm logged > into Profile A and perform a Mail Merge but when I switch to Profile > B in Outlook and perform a Mail Merge I do not receiv...

Excel = MS Word, Text Functions?, Edit | Fill | Justify??
Hello, I posted a question at excel.misc regarding using excel as a word processor. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/790757e9a328eee3/9002ea974dde7cc1 I was attempting to use text functions (trim, mid, etc. ) to "wrap" text as it would in MS Word. And Myrna brought to my attention that I could use edit | fill | justify option to somewhat accomplish what I'm trying to do. Is there another alternative using macros? There's almost always an alternative using macros. Whether it's an alternative that makes sense to do dep...

How do I print a smaller version of my document in Publisher?
I have a document in Publisher that is 11x17 and I want to print a version of it for approval on my home printer in 8x11. When I try to reduce it in the printer dialog box, it only prints part of the page. There are a couple of ways to do this. I can tell you may favorite way. If you don't have some sort of a .pdf converter on your system, download one. (I tend to recommend PrimoPDF, www.primopdf.com). Open the file as a ..pdf and you can change the size of your print thru the Adobe Reader printer settings. (You may also want to check your printer setting. My HP will allow me to...

Why does Excel automatically create a temporary Word archive file.
Each time I 'save as' MS Excel saves an additional file in my folder which has archive properties and also tags it as temporary. I would like to eliminate this additional file from the saving process. How is this done? That is by design and cannot be turned off -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Perplexed" <Perplexed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB08DB1A-BF6B-48AE-81E4-6B0383D36455@microsoft.com... > Each time I 'save as' MS Excel saves an additional file in my folder which > has archive properties and also tags it as temporary. I would ...

Publisher 2000 Photo Problems
I am using Pub 2000. I have an old family photo that looks fine and clear when I paste it from paint but then as soon as I click on something else, I hear a little sound from the "Publisher paperclip guy" and the picture becomes very grainy. If I go back to the picture and click on edit, it gets clear again but as soon as I click anywhere else in the document, it goes back to grainy! Could anyone help? Thanks. Check View, Picture display to see if the first option is selected. Sounds like you have the second option selected. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Mary" <...

how can i create a leaflet in publisher
How do i crete a leaflet that folds, two folds, three pages, six counting the backs as well. and how do i change what page i look at. In Publisher 2000 it's; File New The Wizard comes up, select Brochures. -- Don Vancouver, USA "C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AA87D44-A572-4CA3-AB9D-79D46A699EFD@microsoft.com... > How do i crete a leaflet that folds, two folds, three pages, six counting > the > backs as well. > and how do i change what page i look at. > ...

How do I make a fact sheet in Publisher?
I need to make a 5-7 page fact sheet for a college class. How do you set up the page with blocks, columns, etc? Thank you. Use tables, columns, etc. Did you try the Help file? There's lots of valuable information in there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Turtle" <Turtle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5382D47-C8AE-4CDE-B314-E253D11BEFB1@microsoft.com... >I need to make a 5-7 page fact sheet for a college class. How do you set up > the page with blocks, columns, ...

trouble with word 2003
on my work laptop am using office 2003, On print layout view, all my images, wordart, table of content, page number, hyperlinked text etc, comes up encrypted. how can i solve this problem? At a guess, on the Print tab of Tools | Options, clear the check box for "Field codes." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "zkzz" <zkzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D2B27CF-EEEB-45CD-A2F0-A87377D058BA@microsoft.com... > on my work laptop am using office 2003, > On...

How do i insert national holidays in Publisher calendars?
Is there a template available that has national holidays (President's Day, Xmas, etc.) that can be inserted into a calendar in MS Publisher? I've never seen any but that doesn't mean that somewhere out there they don't exist. Generally holidays are added manually. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ford.coos" <ford.coos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001305C0-86F8-437C-A7C7-E17AE69DA14B@microsoft.com... > Is there a template available that has national hol...

Is there a template for reporting quarterly payroll taxes?
Hi, The following link could be relevant http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011188261033.aspx "Jodi" <Jodi @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D898FEE2-677A-4151-BD58-1C2020242D1F@microsoft.com... > ...

Word wrap mode and space character
Hi, I have created derived CEdit box class, instance is created from resource. In resource I have set attributes: Multiline=TRUE, AutoHScroll=FALSE, AutoVScroll=FALSE . All is working but I need adjusted behaviour in word wrap. I have set width of my edit box resource to accept 8 characters of Courier font. Default behaviour: When line in edit box is filled with non-space 8 characters and after it I press space, this space does not appear in next line and cursor remains on first line. But this space appears in end of text buffer - I see it in memory. I must press space again to see it in...

usinging word 2000 in outlook 2000 for html email
After setting up outlook to use html format for email with word (sp3 edition of each) I get an error message that the two are not compatable. Any suggestions other than replacing my Dell? Thank you What is the exact error message? Are you sure you are running the same version of Outlook and Word? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John asked: | After ...

Outlook converting word file to winmail.doc
Hello, When sending a regular (rich text) e-mail from Outlook 2000 that includes a MS Word document, the recipient receives a winmail.dat file (instead of the MS Word doc). Sounds like a configuration issue that's probably been addressed before...Does anyone know what setting (or patch) I change to correct? Thanks in advance, Frank ...

How does one create a custom Menu on the Menu Bar in Word 7?
It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. There is no Menu Bar in Word 2007, only the Ribbon, and the only customization permitted is of the QAT. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kaoinla" <kaoinla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9590384-4E4F-48BB-9764-4B360724D3AB@microsoft.com... > It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. > That's a bit sweeping? - http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm and http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Cus...

How do I shrink fit a 762mm 1016mm Publisher poster to A4 for prin
I've produced a 762mm x 1016mm poster in Publisher. I can't find any kind of option within Publisher to allow me to Shrink fit this to A4 when printing. I need to do this to generate a first draft proof of the item. I have Adobe Acrobat. I've saved the above Publisher file as a PDF to see if this gives me some different printing options but all it seems to do is chop the full poster and spread it over 20 pages. Lady Burlington <Lady Burlington@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have Adobe Acrobat. I've saved the above Publisher fil...

Option to enable Word as email editor grayed out
I recently installed Outlook 2002 (came with my IPAQ 2210) on my work computer, running Windows ME. I was previously using Outlook 2000 with Word as my editor, but cannot choose that option after upgrading Outlook. Thanks for any guidance you might have, Chris Hanson Your versions of Outlook and Word must match. Word 2000 with Outlook 2002 (XP) won't work. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Chris Hanson" <cghanson@cox.net> wrote in me...

I get the white box when inserting pictures in publisher xp?
Hi I work at a school and we are having problems with the MS publisher not showing pictures when we insert them. We have windows xp Pro installed with Service pack 2. We would insert the picture on a blank document and then a white box comes up, but no picture. What is the solution to this? On our older machines it works OK with service pack 2. View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "donduck74" <donduck74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4234C22-F0A4-4...

Undoing changes in WORD

Turning off whole word selection in Excel 2007
I want to turn OFF whole word selection in Excel 2007. I found the setting in Word and powerpoint, I even found the Application parameter in VBA. I can't find it in Excel. Does anyone know how to do this? ...

PowerPoint Template Bullets
I have a master template with a custom bullet. I can get the bullet to show up in my bullet menu in the presentation. How do I copy it into the bullet menu? ...

Creating a new template
I want to create a new template as an excel spreadsheet to be used for calculation purposes. How can I do that ? Is it possible to create an excel template in MSCRM ? How can I do it ? discussion11@yahoo.com (Arch) wrote in message news:<b87a74db.0405120941.10323b65@posting.google.com>... > I want to create a new template as an excel spreadsheet to be used for > calculation purposes. How can I do that ? ...

Word won't give me bullets
Re Word 97 --- PROBLEM: When I go to Format/Bullets&Numbering and choose Bullets (round dots), I get what looks like profile images of a scanner with lid partly open instead of Bullets. I can't get the Bullets. Help please! BACKGROUND: Old WinX pc crashing so got New WinX pc. Installed Windows Office Pro 97 (what I had on Old pc) on New pc. Installed Ofc 97 SR-2 patch (what I had on Old pc) on New pc. Wanted to save Word templates of course, so copied-pasted from Old pc. Jack "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message ...

Adobe Distiller Crashes certain large Publisher files
I am trying to convert certain files in Publisher to PDF files using the Adobe Distiller. Most files work ok, but certain ones that have a lot of data crash publisher every time. This is not just on one terminal. The same error occurrs with the same files on other terminals in our office. What could be some possible causes and solutions? Thanks. Outside of the fact that you haven't told us any details about your software versions.........how large is this file? I've converted >5MB files with no problem. "cchtmpls" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Word 07 Suggestion
Word 07 Problem: When I begin a sentence with a quote, the first letter the follows doesn't capitalize. Suggestion: Word should capitalize the first letter of the word after an open quotation mark. -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen > > Why not submit your suggestion to Microsoft instead of this public user newsgroup? db wrote: > Word 07 Prob...

MS Office Word 2007 will not start
After installing MS Office 2007 on Dell Vostro Windows 7 32-bit laptop Word will not start. When you attempt to open the program you receive a message stating Word has stopped working and tries to gather more information about the error. No additional information is found and the only option is to close the program. When trying to reopen Word you receive a message stating Word failed to open correctly last time and asks if you want to open is Safe Mode. when trying to open in Safe Mode you receive the Word has stopped working message and your only option is to closed the progra...