Windows low on memory

Using Pub 2003 ... windows XP service pack 2

1.5 gig of ram

120 gig hard drive with only 45 gig used

working with a pub file 280,000 kb size.  I want to copy and paste the
picture from one side of the page to the other ... but I get the error
windows low on memory.

Please help

0
Xeroid

Windows Live Mail is incredibly slow and friezes often.
Hello, Since I swithced from Outlook Express 6 to Windows Live Mail, both on a Desktop running on XP and laptop running on Vista, I have been having serious problems, Windows Live not only functioning well, but it also hampers everything else on the computer by using all of the processor capacity. Program starts too slow, when it finally starts clicking on a message read or unread it friezes untill finally several minutes later it displays the message content. I have come across with the same complaint on the internet forums hundreds of times but no solution was given by anybody....

Windows Drivers for OPOS devices, where?
Gents, So after researching the logo not printing issue. I assume that many opos drivers are unable to print logos. This was confirmed by several sources. Question is where do I find windows drivers for the OPOS device(receipt printer) ? Usually on the printer manufacturer's website. Marc "Sam Marinelli" <msam@diamondcomics.com> wrote in message news:uNGSEUFNJHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Gents, > So after researching the logo not printing issue. I assume that many > opos drivers are unable to print logos. This was confirmed by several > ...

Converting Thunderbird to Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 PC?
I have a new Windows 7 laptop and am consideing converting my Thunderbird email to Outlook 2007 but don't know how. I've read a few posts about using Outlook Express as a go-between to convert, but Win 7 PC's don't have OE or any other native email program. "Steve Weiler" <Steve Weiler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B859FB67-4F80-49C7-AC2C-48E7BA07BD16@microsoft.com... > I have a new Windows 7 laptop and am consideing converting my Thunderbird > email to Outlook 2007 but don't know how. I've read a few posts about ...

Windows Movie Maker?
I cannot locate a NG for my question. I am new to this movie editing stuff and realize this may not be the place to ask, I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction. Using Windows Movie Maker I am attempting to make a video movie brighter/lighter as it is very dark. I have read the MovieMaker Help Webpage and can see this can be done but after reading it numerous times and many attempts I cannot get a dark movie any brighter. Where can I go to get a step by step guide to accomplish this task? "Artreid" <artreid@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote in messag...

Window sizing
it In GP10 is there a way to size a window and they keep that size the next time it is opened? For example I open the cash receipts apply window 30 times a day. And each time I have to size to fit the screen. What am I missing? John Trax John, You would need to either write some VBA to have the window open Maximized or you can use modifier to reset the window size. If you use Modifier to reset the window size you will need to manually resize the fields though so it would end up being tedious. -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead WennSoft Inc. The views or opinions expressed in th...

Workbook Window will not maximize
Help! I am using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows XP. When I open my Workbook, the program window opens maximized, but the workbook window opens smaller and the workbook window does not have the maximize, minimize or close buttons like usual. I can't figure out how to fix this. Has anyone else dealt with this before? On Nov 18, 9:06=A0am, magmike <magmi...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Help! I am using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows XP. > > When I open my Workbook, the program window opens maximized, but the > workbook window opens smaller and the workbook window does not have > the maxim...

Outlook 2007 conflict with Windows search
I have a problem that Outlook 2007 hangs at the splash screen on startup if the windows search service is enabled. If I shut it using task manager I get a message saying 'cannot close as awaiting a response from you'. I suspect that there could be a dialogue box hiding behind the splash screen which I cannot see. It starts fine in safe mode but to get it to start normally I have had to use msconfig to disable the Windows search service at startup. I'm using Windows XP Home SP3 and Office Pro 2007 Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? ...

XP in Windows 2008 R2 AD
Hi, I want to install and configure the Windows 2008 R2, whith Domain and Forest Level in Windows 2008 R2. My workstations are Windows XP 3. Is there any pre-requisite to join Windows XP in Windows 2008 R2 Domain? Thanks. Luiz Hello Luiz, No, they should work in the domain as in previous ones. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Hi, > > I wan...

Keeping Window Location
Hello, I've written a DLL which consists of a dialog box. This dialog box gets invoked when a user pressess a specific button in parent app. When this dialog box is invoked, a user can move it around the screen and close it (fun stuff!). My question is this: is there a way to remember the last position of this dialog box so when it is closed and invoked again, it will start from its last position? I think Dialog Properities can enable this functionality but I am not sure which box to check to make it work. Any suggestions? Thank you, Victor. >My question is this: is ther...

Get license related information in Windows Vista
Hi, In Windows Vista, executing slmgr.vbs script with -dli or -dlv option displays the license status, product key and a host of other information. Is there any way in which i can get all this information (especially the license status) programmatically ? I am programming in C++/VC++ and using VS2005. Please help !! Thanks in advance.... ...

Cannot find mfcs42d.pdb for C++ 6.0 on Windows XP at runtime
I'm getting Find Symbols pop-up window while running C++ 6.0 saying "Please enter the path for mfcs42d.pdb". After I specify the file location at VC98\MFC\Lib (1,092 KB from 7/15/2000), I'm getting a note that the file is found but is not the correct one. I didn't have this problem working on Windows NT. Now I'm trying to run the recompiled version of the same code on Windows XP. Service pack 5 is installed. Please advise what to do. Thanks. ...

Windows Fax and Scan not working
When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error message that pops up, that reads, "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected account." The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it reads, "The message could not be sent. Access denied." The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall it? Thank you, Mark Freis MJ: Go to "Turn Windows ...

windows explorer has encountered a problem
I need help with error message on windows xp sp3: windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, etc.... This is then followed by the DrWatson Postmortem Debugger error as well. AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512 ModName: split.dll Mod Ver: 2.0.1.0 Offset: 00001206 Any help would be greatly appreciated. sp "sp" <sp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7430707-695B-4549-B77C-49917FCBCE2D@microsoft.com... > I need help with error message on windows xp sp3: windows explorer has > encountered a problem and needs to cl...

Windows 7 Mobile App Idea
I've entered an app idea into the Windows 7 Mobile app contest and would like you to take a look. If you're interested or feel you might like to use something like this, please vote for me and leave a comment! ;) I really want to see this idea to fruition and if I win Microsoft will develop the idea and offer it for free via their app marketplace. I'd really appreciate it if you had a moment to take a look and truly feel that my idea is something worth sharing, thanks for looking! Visual List Making App Idea Link: http://www.windowsphone7.com/ineedthisapp?pbb_qsi=4460614...

Memory leakage !!
I have placed MS comm control on Test dialog, While initiate the dialog it is occupying around 2MB space, I am unable to free this space. I am giving the snippets of the code. MSComm m_ctlComm; m_ctlComm.SetCommPort(1); m_ctlComm.SetInBufferSize(1024); m_ctlComm.SetOutBufferSize(512); m_ctlComm.SetSettings("9600,n,8,1"); m_ctlComm.SetInputMode(1);//0 - Text and 1 - Binary. m_ctlComm.SetRThreshold(0);// To Raise OnCommEvent() method. m_ctlComm.SetSThreshold(0); try { m_ctlComm.SetPortOpen(TRUE); } catch(CException* e) { AfxMessageBox("Port is already open. ",M...

Web sites called from isv.config to open in a new window
This is part of my isv.conf <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_1.gif" Title="Business Portal" Url="http://cpdata/businessportal" Id="navIsv1"/> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_1.gif" Title="CPSS Support" Url="http://Support.computer-plus.com" Id="navIsv2"/> </Home> What I'd like to do is open the web sites in a new window instead of in CRM and size the window so the browser buttons are there. Help is appreciated. Jeff, <NavBar> elements will appear in the frame adjacent to the...

Preventing memory and resource leaks with GDI Objects ???
I am have built a general purpose bitmap/image handling class and want to add TextOut() capability to this class. To do this I must convert some of my GDI local function variables into GDI object member variables. This means that I must be able to re-use several GDI objects, instead of constructing them and destroying them after a single use. What issues are raised with resource and memory leaks by using CDC and CBitmap objects? How are these issues mitigated? You will have to manage the resources somehow and someplace, but I don't think it matters how or where. ...

Why my component does not receive windows messages.
Hi, I created one customized CStatic class, and add some message handlers, listed part code below: class CBitmapMisc : public CStatic { DECLARE_DYNAMIC(CBitmapMisc) public: CBitmapMisc(); virtual ~CBitmapMisc(); .... ... protected: DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() public: afx_msg void OnPaint(); afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC); afx_msg void OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point); afx_msg void OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point); afx_msg void OnLButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point); afx_msg void OnKillFocus(CWnd* pNewWnd); afx_msg void OnSetFocus(CWnd* pOldWnd); afx_msg void O...

Maximizing MDI child windows on open
Hi I'm working on somekind of editor on MDI windows. I want to all of my child windows to be opened maximized & disabled minimized button. How to retrive a pointer to just opened child & disable minimize button? Please give me some clues Thx alot Override the PreCreateWindow and ActivateFrame members of your frame (not view) and add the following... BOOL CChildFrame::PreCreateWindow( CREATESTRUCT& cs ) { // TODO: Modify the Window class or styles here by modifying // the CREATESTRUCT cs if( !CMDIChildWnd::PreCreateWindow( cs ) ) return FALSE; c...

reference memory error when printing excel file
When I try to print any kind of excel file I am getting an error message ststing 0x77f853b reference memory error 0x001de4b8 memory could not be read.. This is new to me, I have used excell for a long time and haven't run into this problem until now.... Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening?...... I am running XP and Excel 2000 ...

Spreadsheet Opens in 2 Windows ??
Hi - I'm running Excel 2002 as part of MS Office XP. I have one spreadsheet that has begun opening two windows whenever I open the file - filename.xls:1 and filename.xls:2. This only happens with one particular file, and has just recently started with that file, so I'm sure it's something I've done. When I update the file in one window, it also updates in the other window. How do I get this thing back to opening normally, in just 1 window?? Thanks a bunch. Whit Open the file, press Ctrl + F4, save the file, you (or someone else) saved the file when you had 2 windows of the s...

Error on Windows Update
Im not sure why but my labtop asus does not seem to allow me to get updats or recieve any it keeps poping up as error C004F012..if anyone can help me plz contact me at cory_mommyboy11@yahoo.com Please post your internet drivers license number if you need assistance. cory_mommyboy11@yahoo.com wrote: > Im not sure why but my labtop asus does not seem to allow me to get updats > or recieve any it keeps poping up as error C004F012..if anyone can help me > plz contact me at cory_mommyboy11@yahoo.com ...

The Windows Welcome Song
Hello, this is a bit of an unusual question but this was the most relevant forum I could find to ask it... I'm trying to find out who the original composer for the Windows 98 welcome song is. Please realize I don't mean the "Microsoft Sound". The song is called WELCOM98.wav and begins with a deep clock chime and a heavy bassline, is exactly 30 seconds in length and has a tempo of 75 BPM. (video for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMYnNNiH4is) I did try going through the secret Windows 98 credits but unfortunately they are listed alphabetically not b...

Manufacturing Receipt Window
Can someone tell me why when I go to enter lot numbers in manufacturing lot number entry, this window does not work like the other lot number entry windows such as inventory? When I enter a lot number and hit the tab button, the highlight goes to link instead of "quantity selected"? If I have many different lot numbers, it takes much longer to enter the lot numbers. This application was written by a third party and then purchased by GP. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our b...

Open hyperlinks in new window as default?
I'm using Word '03 to compose for a blog and generally would like all links to open in new windows. Currently I have to set this for each individual link. Is there a way to spec it as the default? Thanks, Paul -- Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14. http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/ On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:22:41 -0500, Paul B wrote: > I'm using Word '03 to compose for a blog and generally would like > all links to open in new windows. Currently I...