Will Publisher 97 work with later versions of windows?

just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later
versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike?

Jon
0
belly483 (1)

Yes...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://dgl.microsoft.com/
"belly483" <belly483@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later
> versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike?
>
> Jon

0
laserdog (1122)
7/17/2003 3:15:49 PM
Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
message from belly483 <belly483@hotmail.com>
> just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later
> versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike?

Yes.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

M2003 Deluxe not responding when I try to do tax work
When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or look at tax reports, M2003 Deluxe freezes. What is the fix? It may well just be that you have to wait longer. Have you tried that approach? My 2.2 GHz P4 takes the better part of a (not responding, 100% CPU, hourglass, et al.) minute to get into Tax Estimator on M04. (And then the text rendering is trashed besides.) M03 was no faster. "dutchman001" <dutchman001@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uKHHC9I0DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or ...

Windows 7 taskbar API problems
Folks The background is that an Access MDE/ACCDE created by a developer is not conceptually the same as an Excel spreadsheet or Word document file created by the user. My Auto FE Updater utility automatically downloads any new version created by the developer from the server to the workstation as well as doing lots of other stuff such as creating shortcuts on desk tops. If this was a user created Access database file which resides in the users My Documents folder, or similar, than they are conceptually the same as a Word or Excel file. The problem is if the user right-clicks on...

Printing graident fades and semi transparent objects in Publisher xp
Hello, I am having troubled printing certain objects in Publisher 2002. Example. I want to create a black rectangle layed over a photograph and have one side of the rectangle to fade to transparent so the photo shows through and blends in to that part of the rectangle. I draw a rectangle, go in to fill effects, slect the fill color as black and adjust the end "transparency" slider to max. On screen the picture looks perfect. The rectangle fades from solid to totally transparent. But, when I print... the fade does not print... the printer prints the fade as a normal opaque square....

Office XP on a windows 7 machine
I currently own Office Professional XP. I have to buy a new machine that will have Windows 7 as the OS. Will I still be able to install my software on this new machine w/o any issues? Or will I be forced to buy a newer version? I don't know about 32 bit vs 64 bit, Or various versions or beta's, I just want to use what I have on whatever machine I buy. Thanks Tom If no naswer here check the Win7 forum at: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro "Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38e18fec-2219-467c-...

Grouping will not work
I have data in columns A through FG and in rows 1 to 105. I have the months as the column headings, and each Jan-November is grouped to collapse into December using the Group feature on the Data menu. When I go to collapse the view to only display the December columns, after I collapse about 3 of the groupings, excel errors out and tells me it cannot collapse any additional groups because it will have to shift objects off-sheet. How can it be that I ave over 90 unused columns and I am actually making the viewing area less yet still getting tis error. I have tried closing and re-open...

windows xp frontpage error
Just got a call from my child at college, is getting a message saying to "put in windows xp cd with frontpage", it was installed at the factory and the cd says nothing about frontpage, was installed in coputer in2004 windows xp professional, autoupdatw won't do it. any clue to what is going on? Is freezing computer and won't open excell. Hi Diana, Though this is the newsgroup for Microsoft Dynamics GP and not Windows XP or Ofice, I will try to help you out. In future, please post to the appropriate newsgroup. I believe the error message being received is infact askin...

Opening Excel '97
I have MS Excel '97 on my computer at work. I notice that when I open multiple excel files the program just puts all of the files in one window. I would prefer to have the files open up in individual windows. Is there a way to tell Excel to open everything in a new window? I know that I can just open up a new Excel window then open the file, but I would rather just click on the file and have it open a new window automatically. Any thoughts out there? xl2k was the first version to offer Tools|Options|view tab|windows in taskbar. It showed each window as a different icon on the ...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Office 2007 and Windows 7 Multilingual Issue
Hi All, Need some help setting up multilingual for Office 2007. Here's what I have: OS: Windowns 2007 Enterprise Office: Office 2007 Pro w/ SP2 Language Pack: Install several language packs thru the Windows 7 Update process So, here's the thing. I can't get the UI in the office apps (WOrd, Excel, etc) to display the language I want. For example, I want the ribbon to display in Chinese. Reading thru the documentations from Microsoft, it saids I need to select the laugage in the "Display Language" tab on All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> M...

Publisher Doc cannot be saved?
In trying to save a new Publisher document to my files on C drive, it says unavailable that file may be locked, I have gotten this message several times on different sources, once with an Excel document that was sent by e-mail. As far as I know there are no locks or password protections on this system. Help !!!!! Thanks, Right-click the file, properties, clear read only. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Parish Secretary" <Parish Secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02C09A...

IE and New windows 7 Install
Have recently installed 7 on my main home PC. This PC is hardwired to the net. I run a Belkin N1 wireless router for 3 other PCs in the house. My Media Centre PC is hardwired to this router and runs XP - connects to the internet fine. My son's PC runs 7 and connects to the router wirelessly and runs fine. My wife's latop runs XP and connects to the router fine also. My problem is that the main PC, while connected thru hardwire, will not connect to the net in 7. I am running both OS on two separate drives and XP on this main PC will connect. 7 won't. Am running out...

My Exchange tabs are missing on my =?windows-1252?Q?DC=92s=2E?=
I have a new setup with 3 servers. Two domain controllers (windows 2003 std R2) One Exchange Std 2003 (not a DC only a member server.) If I create a new user on the exchange server, the wizard ends up creating an email address. If I do that on one of the DCs it just creates a user with no email. I have exchange tabs on the exchange server but not on the DCs. Everything during exchange install went well, but have I done anything wrong? There was a warning once telling me that this version on exchange could have problems with the windows version I am using. Is there a problem with Windows ...

Work Order Vs Backorder
I am trying to establish an easy way for my cashiers to take special orders for items not in database. I have found helpful posts that suggest using WO's. However (if I am understanding correctly) a workorder cannot be used in combination with items currently in stock. Ex: customer buys a dog collar off the floor and wants to buy a lead that we have never carried. Can both items be placed on same transaction? I really do not want to make the customer make two separate purchases. It seems using a generic SKU on a backorder would allow me to do this. Are there any pitfalls here...

I am using Windows Live Mail
I just downloaded my MSN office but my windows live e-mail account keeps not sending out emails. Email account does not log me after the ID check. How can I reset the protocal correctly to accept the mail portal? Ask in a vista.mail group, WLM has nothing to do with the Outlook group you posted to "jderr" <jderr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22B228D8-DCBF-49BD-9214-EA5E6018A364@microsoft.com... > I just downloaded my MSN office but my windows live e-mail account keeps > not > sending out emails. Email account does not log me after t...

Protecting a sheet (yet allowing buttons/macros to work)?
I'm new to the button/macro feature of Excel (even though I've been assigning macros to _toolbars_ for years <g>!) So, I don't even know if what I need to do can be done: Ideally, it would be nice if I could protect all the sheets or even better the workbook in one fell swoop, so that no-one could accidentally delete the buttons YET that would still allow the macros to work. I've tried everything I know and the best I seem to be able to do, yes, protects the buttons but I the macros stop working and display a ""Run-time error '1004'". T...

edit Punlisher version in multiple documents
I have a publisher folder that contains several other folders. In these "sub folders" are publisher documents for departments to revise for a City-wide publication. My problem: documents are saved in Publisher 2003 and not all departments have the latest version. I want to convert all of the documents into Publisher 2000 so they can be opened and modified by departments. How do I "save as" Publisher 2000 without opening each foler and then each document. Do advanced attributes work? How? Many thanks for any help. You don't want to hear the answer. You alrea...

Windows Mail/Newsgoup Configuration
I am having trouble configuring my windows mail, it gives me error messages....Can any1 help? "Mary Wilburn" <becky.harty@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3EDC58A2-89C6-45E0-97C9-F571A738FF82@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble configuring my windows mail, it gives me error >messages....Can any1 help? Your question may be better answered in a Vista or Windows mail newsgroup which is more appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP Free MS-Access downloads: http://www.datastrat.co...

vs2005 c# app on windows 7/x64 fatal ?
Hi all I have an app running ok on W7 32 bit but on an W7/x64 it crashes immediate (no exeption thrown) . the program has stopped, windows is searching for a solution...... Runs ok in XP mode. Should i install Net 2 SP1 x64 ? I have currently no VS2005 on this machine. any clues or hints ? Johan Sagaert Johan wrote: > Hi all > > > I have an app running ok on W7 32 bit but on an W7/x64 it crashes immediate > (no exeption thrown) . A crash _is_ an exception. More likely, you mean that the exception that is being thrown isn't cat...

adding additional attributes not working with exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm still learning and have approx. 10 scripts that do what I need them to do, but now Boss wants exports to include either sAMAccountName, or legacyExchangeDN, or mailNickname? I have tried to include those attributes and I'm assuming because they are not in the same class is why they are not retrieving the data. I"m hoping someone will be able to help me figure this out. Thanks, J0seg I know...it would help if I show you the script I currently have... $day = Get-Date -UFormat "%Y%m%d" $computers = "exch02","exch03" G...

Where's Exchange 2000 version info?
What are the steps you take to find Exchange 2000 version information? Start Exchange System Manager, go into Administrative Groups, expand servers, right click on the server in question and choose properties. Version info is on the General Tab "Rwh5757" <Rwh5757@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:457A5BEE-286C-4261-B491-A9CD83141808@microsoft.com... > What are the steps you take to find Exchange 2000 version information? ...

How to close the result window with ESC
Hi in the form, a command button executes a query when clicked. I want to close the result window with ESC key press in the keyboard. i dont want to click on the close of that window. pls help me if it is possible and how can i do it. On Jan 30, 12:39=A0pm, naveen prasad <naveenpra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > in the form, a command button executes a query when clicked. > > I want to close the result window with ESC key press in the keyboard. > > i dont want to click on the close of that window. > > pls help me if it is ...

Changing default font for composed mail in Windows Live
When I compose a New Email Message, the Text Font is Segoe UI, size = 10, color = black. I have selected "Tools", "Options", "Compose" and changed the font settings for Mail to 12 pt. Comic Sans MS and then Apply and OK but when I click on Compose a New email the changes did not take. Thanks Tools | Options | Compose. Is anything at all showing in the stationery section? Some stationery will only send in specific fonts and sizes. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Rick" <Rick@discussions....

works V office
I am in the process of transferring my data from one PC to another. Having transferred my spreadsheets I have found they do not open properly. The new PC has Microsoft works and the old has office 2000. As I am used to using office 2000 I was thinking of deleting `works` and installing office 2000. Are there any potential problems in doing this? thanks Why not keep Works AND install Office? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "S" <nonense@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:2EoFj.312708$3m6.1...

Bug in wincore.cpp release version?
I have a problem in my release version compiled application. I get Assertion fail message in wincore.cpp in AfxCallWndProc() function. If somebody know this problem or something about this, please response. Details about my problem in my last thread from 10/20/2003 8:36 AM Thanks Elina What does the assertion say ? -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Elina Lazebnik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF26343C-C042-44B3-987C-C38113ED5388@microsoft.com... > I have a problem in my release version co...