Why is some clip art labeled 'dgxlasset' and will not paste into .

I am having trouble using clip art with Publisher on an XP system. The clips
are not shown in preview, just as an icon labeled "dgxlasset." I have tried
to follow the instructions to download the correct converters but to no avail.
Many times also I have tried to copy/paste clip art and it says that the
clipboard is busy.
Very confusing and not at all user-friendly!

0
GrannyLib (2)

Your cache is full, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"GrannyLib" <GrannyLib@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble using clip art with Publisher on an XP system. The clips
> are not shown in preview, just as an icon labeled "dgxlasset." I have tried
> to follow the instructions to download the correct converters but to no avail.
> Many times also I have tried to copy/paste clip art and it says that the
> clipboard is busy.
> Very confusing and not at all user-friendly!

0
gsauer (5093)

Problem setting BackStyle on Label
I have a problem with Properties on Label in particular, when added by a script. The sequence below works on CommandButton1 and Frame1 objects but behaves strangely with Label1 Public Sub addLabel() Sheet2.OLEObjects.Add "Forms.Label.1", _ Left:=100, Top:=75, Height:=15, Width:=200 End Sub Public Sub nameLabel() Sheet2.Label1.Name = "title1" End Sub Public Sub setLabel() Sheet2.title1.BackStyle = 0 Sheet2.title1.Caption = "My Text" Sheet2.title1.Font.Bold = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Italic = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Size = 12 End Sub The one property that doesn&...

Pasting email address into text field
Hello all, I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel spreadsheet into an Access form. I receive an error: "The value you have entered into this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the DB. I can copy the individual email address into the field without any problems. the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows of data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB. Any ideas about getting around this problem? Hi, this is exactly wh...

Word art to PDF file
When I use Word Art in a document and save it as a PDF file - the word art is not readable or has a large black shadow behind it. How do I fix this? -- Becky What version Publisher are you using? Are there gradients in your WordArt? This article addresses 2003 but it is true for 2007 as well WordArt gradient fill may print incorrectly in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828829/en-us If you have Publisher 2007 you might try Office's save as PDF. You might get a more satisfactory conversion. It is a free add-in https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4...

Inserting a picture on a label
I am trying to insert a picture on a name badge label and when I insert it it does not show up. I can insert into other publications but not a label. What is up with that? Do you have detailed display enabled? View, pictures... If you do read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stew" <stew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23E0A05E-EBBE-4E0C-8B1E-A966EE185107@microsoft.com... >I am trying to insert a picture on a name ...

How can I convert data from excel to address labels?
I've been asked to convert a list of addresses that are in an excel spreadsheet into address labels. Would appreciate any help! Thanks. See Mail Merge in Microsoft Word. It has wonderful instructions "KC" <KC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ECF5BD3-97C3-4978-838A-C6DA2D55FB4A@microsoft.com... : I've been asked to convert a list of addresses that are in an excel : spreadsheet into address labels. Would appreciate any help! Thanks. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org...

Copy/Paste VBA
Ich will eine ganze Visio Seite kopieren mit allen Verbindungen zwischen den Shape und deren Verklebungen (glue Ich habs versucht mit select all, group , copy paste und ungroup auch mit der Option bei copy/paste das es an der orignalposition positioniert werden sol abe 1) die Positionen stimmten nicht überei 2) die Verbindungen waren eingetragen aber nicht verglue Was nun einer eine Version die funktioniert und einfach is thx, mfg Daniel H. You might try Copy / Paste without doing the Group / Ungroup. Are you working with a specific set of shapes? Some Visio shapes have protections t...

Copy and Paste question
I have a macro that copies and pastes a large amount of data. After it has run I get the question: " There is a large amount of information on the clipboard. Do you want to [keep it]?" Could someone please tell me how I can avoid this question being asked as I never wish to keep the data? Many thanks Insert this line after the pasting is done, it will clear the clipboard: Application.CutCopyMode = False hth knut egil "Richard" <rgarwell@jaguar.invalid> skrev i melding news:bpi1ee$cf71@eccws12.dearborn.ford.com... > I have a macro that copies and pastes a l...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

Is there a way to copy and paste the date into worksheets
Is there a way to copy and paste dates into the worksheet withou individually typing up each one -- mark_vi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mark_vi_'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38137 Is there a way to insert it the date into the the worksheet tab (not th cells in the actual worksheet but the name of the worksheet itself -- mark_vi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mark_vi_'s Profile: ht...

Address Labels
The situation: I work for a small business which has a large number of Excel wookboo files, each of which holds the details of a customer. Part of these details are - obviously - the name and address listin for that customer, with the name and each line of the address bein listed in seperate cells. The problem: The owner of the business has asked that I build up an Excel databas of every 2004-2005 customer (well over a thousand), which lists th name and address of each, in such a way that it can be printed directl onto sticky labels if necessary. Needless to say, trying to do this manua...

i need to create an invoice that will flag up when not paid
i want an invoice that will flag up when customer not paid within a certain time, any ideas Not sure what you mean by "flag up" but if you have a cell with the invoice date and you want another cell to tell you if it's overdue you can use the following assume cell A1 has invoice date "certain time"=2 weeks(14 days) in my example =IF(TODAY()-A1>14, "OVERDUE","") If this is not what you were looking for, please clarify your question. - Search "bgc1416" wrote: > i want an invoice that will flag up when customer not paid within...

printing labels
I can print word and excel documents, but when I go to print a full page of labels I can't. My printer shows a meesage to add paper when I all ready have paper. have you tried to remove the paper from the printer before printing labels? then simply feed the printer with the label paper when it asks. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen ...

community clips, powerpoint and sound narration, I hear clicking
When we try to use community clips with our powerpoint that has recording on the slides using record narration, the community clips version has very audible clicking with the narration. What am I doing wrong? Sound narration used CD quality, and the microphones were tested. Are you trying to make a community clip? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "lazz04" <...

Copy Values From Wbk1, Outlook Them To Another PC, Paste Them Into Wbk2
WBK1 (shared) has a routine in it which opens WBK2, copies the value of WBK1-E3, pastes it into Next empty row col A-WBK2, goes back to WBK1, copies the value of WBK1-B2, pastes it into Next empty row col B- WBK2, etc, for 11 values =96 so that WBK2 ends up with a new row of 11 cell-values from WBK1. The routine then sorts the rows in WBK2 by col A (which are numbers =96 from E3), saves and closes it, goes back to WBK1 and clears the 11 cells of their values =96 ready for the next entry. I want the copying and pasting part of this to work for more users - users who don=92t have acce...

How long will today's .pst files be readable
My office is in the middle of the shift to a "paperless" office. We are trying to find out the best ways to archive all the different materials that we use on a day to day basis. For instance we are consdering scanning all important documents that are hard copies and creating .pdfs from them. When it comes to archiving outlook email some have have raised concerns about how long in the future we would be able to open today's .pst files. Has Microsoft ever put up any type of guarantee about this? I'd love to find a statement that says they will contine to support today'...

12.2.0 will not install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to install 12.2.0 on a MacBook with System 10.5.7. Everything downloads. It runs through the install process until it gets to destination select. No destination disk shows. Now what do I do? Do you have Mac Office 2008 [v12] installed & updated to at least 12.1.0? There isn't enough info about your current installation. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 7/20/09 6:33 PM, in article 59b78758.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "bytwerk@officeformac.com" <bytwerk@officeformac....

Paste Cell Contents into Custom Header
I'm setting up a Custom Header under File...Page Setup and I want to be able to include the contents of a cell in the Header. While the cell address stays the same for every worksheet, the value within the cell will change. Is this possible? Thanks, Barry Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("b12").Text End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "RoadRunner News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:46549906$0$16730$4c368faf@roadrun...

Labels leaving a blank line where addr2 is missing
Some of my addresses have 1 address line and some have 2. In order to include all of them in the same label, I'm getting a blank line when address 2 is missing. Why won't it float if there is a blank line? -- Brenda First, check that the Section that contains your Address fields is set to Grow and Shrink. To do this, click inside that section or on the grey bar just above it but ensure that you are not selecting any controls. In the Properties box next to Can Grow and Can Shrink (like Alice In Wonderland) click Yes. 2. Click in the left margin so that you are selecting all your tex...

Communicator 2007 R2 will not start
I have installed Office Communicator 2007 R2 on Windows XP with SP3. The installation goes smoothly and completes. However, when I attempt to start the hourglass appears for a few seconds and nothing happens. There are no error messages logged in the Event Viewer. It appears others have had similar issues, however the posts lead to a dead end. I found one solution on 'Experts Exchange', but I do not want to subscribe to this service, since I already have this service. Is there someone who knows the solution to this problem, that will not lead to a dead end? T...

Report will not open 12-16-07
I have a report that I have not been able to open. The message that appeares when I click on the report is "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again." I have done this - closed all programs, opened the dbs on a computer with more memory and higher operating system, what is going on? the OP is XP @ work but I have Vista @ home and it still didn't work. In the report I had several calculated text boxes and possibly this was too much. I went to the help site and noticed the "hotfix" download but...

I copied a file and now charts will not display.
I copied a file and now charts will not display. Also, cannot access the chart tools. ...

How do I label a field on a report in Access?
I thought when you added field to a report there was an attached label. I am not seeing this. I really need to label my fields, how can I get this done? Alisa If the "default" control definition was modified to leave off the label, you won't have one for new (control) objects. To add one, first add a (bare-naked) label, then "cut" it, then highlight the control to which you want to attach it, then "paste". The label will be attached to the (highlighted) control. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Alisa" <Alisa@discussions....

MSPOS: Unable to print the Serial Number on a Price Label
Feature in RMS but not in MSPOS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa08fa3a-4508-4511-9cb0-ced7bfa77393&dg=microsoft.public.pos ...

XY Labeler and Excel 2007
I'm hooked on the XY labeler add-in http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm, and have recently upgraded to 2007... BUT now I can't figure out how to get to the add-in. I've loaded it (under the microsoft office button) but don't see it in the ribbon under add-ins or in any of the chart options... What am I missing?! Hi, Did you download the latest version. It works fine on my machine, its on the Add-ins ribbon. Is it showing in the Add-in area under Active Application Add-ins in the Excel Options dialog box? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Megan" wr...

How do I paste or crop a photo into a cirlce in publisher?
This seems like a very basic thing to do. All other layout programs that I have worked with will do this. Please help if you can. You've committed the usual sin, Publisher version number omitted. Here's how in Publisher 2000. Creating Oval pictures in Publisher 2000 by Brian Kvalheim 1. Open Microsoft Publisher 2000 2. Go to Insert > Picture > New Drawing 3. On the bottom toolbar, go to AutoShapes > Basic Shapes > Oval 4. Draw an Oval in the drawing box that is shown 5. Right Click on the Oval and go to Format AutoShape 6. Color and Lines Tab > Fill Color change to ...