Why is Publisher printing very light, hard to read, after reinstal

I had to reload my Microsoft Office 2000 and now the print on my Publisher
documents is very light and hard to read.  How do I change this to a darker
look?
Betty FLorida
0
florida (15)

This is not a Publisher issue. Do you have your printer set to draft? Is your
driver current? Clean your printer heads.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Betty Florida" <Betty Florida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to reload my Microsoft Office 2000 and now the print on my Publisher
> documents is very light and hard to read.  How do I change this to a darker
> look?
> Betty FLorida

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Printing Headers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Outlook 97 I used to be able to print an "Unsent" message and it would included the header information and subject line. But now in Outlook 2002 when I go to print a message in Draft form it doesn't print the Header information regardless of whether the message is in Plain Text, RTF or HTML format? Is this true and if so, is there a work-around? ...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

publisher for mac
Hello, I have a Windows user that uses Microsoft Publisher 2000. She needs to share her Publisher files with a Mac user. I was told by our vendor to purchase Office 2004 for Mac, but when I installed it I noticed there was no Publisher for the Macintosh. Is it possible to install Publisher on a Mac or is there another program I can use to allow the Mac to open Publisher files. Thanks for your help. In article <1105460732.155605.210070@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, phisig908@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a Windows user that uses Microsoft Publisher 2000. She needs to > share her ...

How do I add musical score (adding my own notes) to publisher
The intention is to add trebel or base musical score to MS Publisher brochure and be able to add notes to it, i.e. I wish to reproduce a hymn in a church bulletin. SB wrote: > The intention is to add trebel or base musical score to MS Publisher brochure > and be able to add notes to it, i.e. I wish to reproduce a hymn in a church > bulletin. Microsoft Publisher is not a scorewriting program. Technically, you could put in some ClipArt musical notes or WordArt/text if you have the fonts available, but you would be much better off using a dedicated scorewriter and then exporting...

numbering tickets Publisher 2003
I am designing an event ticket and I need to have them numbered from 0001 to 1000. How can I do this with out numbering each? Please Email me at VC8454@MSN.COM "phil" <phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70C531FC-E22D-4378-890E-DBF77BD89214@microsoft.com... > I am designing an event ticket and I need to have them numbered from 0001 > to > 1000. > > How can I do this with out numbering each? > > Please Email me at VC8454@MSN.COM Review help for mail merge. Create a mail merge document and an Excel file with the...

Online Publisher Help
Since the Office button does not appear in the Publisher 2007 interface, someone needs to change your "Save" file information in your online help for the Publisher SAVE function. I found it by trying to change the default Publisher file directory/folder, which apparently cannot be done (why was this removed for 2007 from earlier versions? It doesn't make sense since it save time!!!) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in ...

new excell will not read old excell file
I have just installed office home and student into a new computer but when try to run one of my existing file it tells me it is corrupt. It runs fine in the old computer. please help What versions of Excel are involved? XL2007 can read and write both the new formats (xlsm, xlsx, xlsb) and the old format (xls). Unless you have the Office Compatibility Pack (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074/en-us) installed, XL2003 can read only xls files -- it cannot read the new file versions. Since 2003 has no knowlege of the new formats, it assume the file is corrupted. Of course, a file...

Publisher files stop responding taking full resources of sysem.
While trying to open the copied version of the technical- manual, the system stops responding and shows up exhausting most of the system resources. the error that occurs occasionally is Error:-> System is not responding. The same does not happen with the original copy of the manual which works fine. Both of these contain some text and some graphics and the second one (copy) is having a few more graphics. It happens everytime when I create Publication of such kind and then save as another copy of it. The problem only occurs with the copied version. Please help as it just do...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

open a published PDF file with a non PDF assigned application
Hi, I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with an application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific application for PDF files? Thanks Talyas On May 27, 3:48=A0am, Talyas <Tal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with = an > application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. > > Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific > app...

exchange 2003 mailbox can't read new mail
Hi all I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but not the new mails ? What can it be ? ???? <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all > I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but > i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did > disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but > not the new mails ? > What can it be...

Tracking Number of Times You Print a Spreadsheet
Does anyone know the VB code (or maybe another method) fro creating a macro or some other function that would record the number of times a worksheet is printed? Basically, I need to know how often a certain spreadsheet is printed for my boss and don't want to have to keep a manual field that I update with the number +1 everytime I print it....can this be automated? So that every time I print the spreadsheet the value in this cell is incremented by one? Please reply to phoenix_crime@yahoo.com if you have a quick and easy solution. I am assuming this requires some minor VB code ...

Send button no longer on Message ribbon after reinstall
I recently had to reinstalling Office 2007 Professional RTM after the secondary (i.e. non-boot) hard drive suffered partial MFT corruption. I was able to uninstall Office 2007 successfully before fixing the drive and reinstalling the same version of Office from the same source discs. After reinstalling, I noticed that the Send button no longer appears on the Message ribbon like it used to. It used to be located where the Clipboard in now located on the Message ribbon. Now it only appears in the message itself, next to "To", "Cc", and "Bcc". After search...

How to design a ticket in Publisher with incrementing numbers?
I want to design a ticket in MS Publisher that I can print several to a page with incrementing numbers. Thanks. Do you have pre-perforated stock? Templates here for Word and Works, they can be adapted to Publisher. http://www.nashua.com/tmplts.html I have a template on my web page, scroll way down below George Washington. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm You will have to use mail merge to get consecutive numbers on your tickets. http://msauer.mvps.org/misc.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://offi...

Printing Double Columns
How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two columns in question are narrow enough for this. Art David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the columns. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Personally, I'd copy into MSWord (maybe hitting NotePad if MSWord slows down when I paste). Then use MSWord's Format|Column to make life easy. AjM wrote: > > How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two > columns in question are narrow enough for this. > > Art -- Dave Peterson Dave, That was a...

Word vs. Publisher
I routinely work in Publisher to produce a monthly report. The end product is great, but I was considering a more user-friendly program to produce the report in, such as Word, to make it easier on my colleagues in my absence. Training someone new on Publisher or obtaining Word 2007 is not possible at this time; limited resurces preclude these options. Any ideas how I can make optimal use of Word 2003 to produe a report as rich as I can with Publisher, with a minimum of "moving parts" (making it easy for anyone on staff to use with a minimum training curve)? Thanks Without k...

Read XML file
Hi Here's my problem. Actually I have an XML file like this : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <ApplicationSettings> <Section Name="Transfert"> <Key Name="m_blnTransfRoleBD" Value="True" Comment=""/> <Key Name="m_blnTransfRoleHyper" Value="False" Comment=""/> <Key Name="m_blnTransfCRBD" Value="False" Comment=""/> <Key Name="m_blnTransfCRHyper" Value="False" Comment=""/> &...

outlook 2002
Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have implemented. They've grown to a huge number so I would like to prune and consolidate them. -- Bill Mitchell No, not possible. But you can export them so you can restore them later. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bill Mitchell" <training@jcnypd.org> wrote in message news:PcWBc.245655$hY.223933@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have imple...

Printing a Register
When I view my check reg on screen, the ending balance agrees with my running balance. When I print the reg, the ending balance is wrong unless I change the view to "all". I prefer to filter my display to unreconciled transactions for last 3 months. This way I don't have to scroll many screens. The printout is also one page for easy insertion in my client's folder . When I print from the filtered view, I get an incorrect balance in the printed page although the screen is correct. When I change to "all", I do get the correct balance but I don't want a stack...

Outlook 2000 read messages self deleting
Outlook has been working perfectly until today. My messages as they are read, are deleted from the system. A search does not find them. Is there a setting I have tiddled with that I shouldn't have? The messages do not appear to go into the deleted file. Once read, they were sitting in my inbox until I filed them in their appropriate folder. I can't find anything in help for this so I hope there is someone out there who can help me. Thank you. Charly. Check if you have a view set on your in-box, such as unread messages. If yes, change it back to Messages. --� Milly Sta...

How do I print only certain info on my excell sheet IE: no SS# or.
Please write your question in the *body* of the message. ...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....

I cannot select any text or elements on my page in Publisher 2007
When trying to select text elements and graphic elements on a page of a multi page document, I am unable to select anything although I have been editing the document previously. Can the file be locked in any way You may have a border around the pages that sits in front preventing your selecting the objects. You can send the border to the back. Open the "Graphics Manager" in the Tools menu. Use the drop down to select the pictures. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bluesea124" <Bluesea124@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1CE9B5A-D171-40B9...

Publisher vs Word 2002
I am currently using Word 2002 to make up facsimile copies of old catalogs. These are mostly graphics and can bee from 15-150 pages. The documens are big, 200MB and larger, but are very simple in design, usually just one bif image per page, sometimes with headers and footers.. I need the ability to have headers and footers, sometimes with page numbers. Would I benefit by moving to Publisher? If so, in what ways? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from JB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am currently using Word 2002 to make up...

Using publisher 2007, how do I reformat a PUB flyer to jpg format
I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA File, save as, Files of type, scroll down to the .jpg options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Gil Rosoff" <Gil Rosoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B70E8398-1BD2-44A2-AF3E-20DB8D7A646C@microsoft.com... >I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. > Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA Why use a .jpg? Why not a .pdf? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dum...