Why is Publisher deciding to add new styles I have not created?

I am copying text from Word 2007 to Publisher 2007. Publisher is deciding to
create new styles based on what I am copying in. I don't WANT new styles. I
want to take all the stuff I have, leave it AS IT IS, and apply the styles I
have created in Publisher. My god, this is aggravating!

The behavior displayed (keeping the source format) is more or less what
happens during a copy/paste operation between any two MS Office apps when
you use the default paste command.

You need to experiment with "Paste Special", rather than just doing an
automatic paste; you with see various options of how you want the text
pasted. My guess is, you want to use "Unformatted Text", which will simply
adopted the format of the text box into which you are pasting.

BTW, this may fix you other problem you listed earlier, if the text coming
from Word is in tables or boxes to start with, using "Unformatted Text" (or
some other format) may fix that as well.
--
James
Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am copying text from Word 2007 to Publisher 2007. Publisher is deciding
> create new styles based on what I am copying in. I don't WANT new styles.
> want to take all the stuff I have, leave it AS IT IS, and apply the styles
> have created in Publisher. My god, this is aggravating!

0
Jaime

Outlook keeps fetching new headers
Outlook keeps fetching new headers daily at the same time, this usally errors out with The UID of a message changed unexpectedly. I have looked for Rules or filters that may cause this, but found nothing. Has anyone ever seen this problem ...

sendkeys action requires utility add in access 2003
I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not pop up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. Any input will be helpful. Thanks Craig "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3A76CB-9556-4B9D-B85E-39F13771D0C8@microsoft.com... >I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not >pop > up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. > Any input will be helpful. > > Thanks Craig You'll have to give a few more details a...

Create an automatic profile?????
How can I create an automatic user profile for outlook xp=20 to access exchange 5.5 mailbox??? I know that there is a=20 command line that create the user profile automatically. []s Cleiton Silva S=E3o Paulo/Brazil "Cleiton Silva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8bd701c3e98a$7ba8e210$a601280a@phx.gbl... How can I create an automatic user profile for outlook xp to access exchange 5.5 mailbox??? I know that there is a command line that create the user profile automatically. []s Cleiton Silva S�o Paulo/Brazil Try Outlook Profiler http://goff....

Numbers dont display or add up correctly in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I type in 1000 and it divides all numbers by 100, 23 becomes 0,23. Then if I Sum a list of numbers it doesn't ad up coretly (even the wrong numbers don't add up) Excel doesn't work for me - although the product was provided (bundled) by Apple - apple won't support it - and neither will Microsoft so I end up with no-person to talk to - amazing. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks On 6/5/09 6:35 AM, in article 59b75f96.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Clive@officeformac.com" <Cli...

turn off automatic hyperlink Publisher 2003
How do I avoid automatic formatting of e-mail addresses to stupid blue type with stupid underlining? High-light the email, Insert, Hyperlink, Remove Link. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E198309-1F6A-46F2-94A5-C12D64C7452E@microsoft.com... > How do I avoid automatic formatting of e-mail addresses to stupid blue type > with stupid underlining? Or you could change your color scheme to a custom color scheme, and change the hyperlink (and followed hyperlink) color to match your ...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

How to read binary file created by non-MFC source?
I am a newbie working on a simple project for loading a binary file and displaying its byte-by-byte contents in interger equivalent. The file was created by some unknown source (presummably not MFC). I am using SDI/CScrollView interface and the file is supposed to be open under FILE/OPEN menu. At the beginning, I've been trying to include CString str; ar >> str; in void CMyProjectDoc::Serialize(CArchive &ar) as an attempt to put everything in str prior to converting every byte into interger. What happened was 1) The first byte (which is known to be a 92) was missing; and 2) ...

Error adding new contact from inside an account
When trying to add a new contact from inside an account the crm server throws an error. I am thinking this is an issue with the account to contact mapping, but when I try to view the relationship mapping under the contact entity the "mapping" option does not appear. -- Jesse Jesse, Please verify your server is fully patched and that you have restarted it. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP "jmcelmury" <jmcelmury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B0A285-21DE-48BD-BF9F-49763E2E56CC@microsoft.com... > When trying to add a new contact from inside...

moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do
My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different d...

Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.
All, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over to the public store on the new server? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- "Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in news:#1VO4cH$DHA.4072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the > orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the publ...

New MicroSoft OFFICE: mac user
Hi I've just loaded the program; am in the process of switching over my old word processing. 1) friends are having trouble "reading" my "doc" attachments 2) I cannot light up & drag & drop more than a page of text. This is my preferred method due to low skills levels in some of my friends. Doubtless, I'm doing something wrong. My question is: what am I screwing up? thanks DM In article <1c3f801c4524d$d5370a10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Dennis M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I've just loaded the program; am...

I cant view my publisher page choice fromt and back
I am using Publisher 2000. I have used it for four years, quite successfully. I opened one of my two page (front & back) reports to reprint it, and i cant find the page choice blocks (not in my view) that are normally down on the lower left part of the main page. I am unable to edit the second page, but when I print, it prints both front and back. I checked my other reports, and the page choice is not visable in any of the reports. Help view...toolbars...status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

? do i create raffle result sheet
Hi you may give some more details. Also post your question as body of your message :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "daff" <daff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F9C6C5AA-D559-48DB-8231-8DBEA63C5A7E@microsoft.com... > Peo This one's for you<g> Gord On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:01:04 -0800, "daff" <daff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: lol -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d74es0pofu129bgf47m4ma4lc6poviufbr@4ax.com....

New discussion to increment the count, bwahahah
yeah ...

Copying to new sheet
Hi, I have 12 WORKBOOKS (not worksheet) all the same and you can mak entires into them of stock. I also have a master workbook - exactly the same as the 12 others. Is there a way of copying whatever someone enters into any one of th 12 into the master one automaticaly? for example, i enter something into book 1 and book 6 and then i loo at the master one and it's been updates for me with those entrie aswell. many thanks, Simon. :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have linked the master workbook to the others with formulas thi should automatically oc...

Publisher won't load
I recently moved my information from a desktop to laptop. Both running XP. Everything moved over except Publisher 2003. I tried to reload from the CD onto the laptop and I recieve a "patch install" error. The laptop in brand new and to my knowledge never had another version of Publisher loaded onto it. -- Debbie DiFonzo, e-PRO, GRI United Country VIP Realty Lebanon, MO www.ucmissouri.com Specifically what does the error message say? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Missouri Agent" <MissouriAgent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how do I set up publisher 2000 to print business cards 10 per pag.
I can only get 4 on a page. When you are ready to print, in the print dialog, you will be able to change the page properties. Click page options, custom options, change the side margin to .75, change the top margin to .5, change the gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yvette" <yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D4E614E-3F33-456D-B7D9-E1A8CD452C13@microsoft.com... >I can only get 4 on a page. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Si...

how do I convert pagemaker files to publisher
Can publisher convert adabe pagemaker files? Nope! "Judy J" <Judy J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1C2F61A-464B-4E71-806E-ED3290B6A2BD@microsoft.com... > Can publisher convert adabe pagemaker files? ...

TO CREATE A LINE CHART WITH RATE IN Y AXIS & REAL TIME IN X AXIS
i want to create a line chart in excel for rate vs time as y & x axis data. the chart should be an automatic charting as, when the particular time (10,10.30,11,11.30 ...)of system time reaches the data in one cell (rate ) should be taken automatically for charting the chart for 10am to 11.30pm. the only thing is how to check logically if the system time reached or not. Put the times in one column and the rates in the next, then create an XY chart. I can't tell a lot from your post, but if you expect Excel to determine a rate from the time, it will not. You have to write some fo...

publish chart to IIS Server
Right now i can publish my report to an interactive htm file. How do I publish it to say an IIS Server ? ...

Can't add new entries.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All of a sudden my Microsoft office won't let me make any new entries or = change any existing ones. I just get a message "Transaction can not be = entered". What can I do to let me make new entries? ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML...

Permissions for not allowing users to delete items out of generic mailboxes created for a department...
Hey everyone, Quick question that i'm stumbiling over. I have a manager who wants his group of employees to be able to edit emails within the generic mailbox that we created for their department. However the one thing they DO NOT want certain people to be able to do is delete emails that have come into these boxes. Any ideas on how to put this in place -- I have full access to my ms exchange server however when i attempted to give the groups that i assigned these guys to, and denied them access to Deleting Storage that did not work. Thanks - any ideas would be appriciated...

how to add a letter in front of each number in a cell
I am working on this project & I cant figure out how to add a letter in front of each number in a cell without clicking in to each individual cell and typing it in. (very time consuming and tedious) The problem is - it's not all the cells but a majority, all of the numbers are in the same column. To explain, these are documents in storage. Each item is assigned a number (not in any particular numerical order but they have to stay in the order they are. Example: X39655 X39656 X39711 39662 39664 39665 The last three numbers need the X in front of them. Any ideas? Thanks so muc...

how to create a calendar to select a date in access 2007
I want to select a date from a pop up calendar on the form. Access 2007 automatically adds a date picker to a Date/Time field. -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "keithteri" wrote: > I want to select a date from a pop up calendar on the form. ...

Corrupt Money file appears to create system instability
Looking for some help and assistance correcting an apparently corrupt Money file that results in my laptop rebooting when I have Money open (but not immediately on open). Worked with MS support to try file repair (level 2 fails), then selectively deleted the accounts that appeared to cause problem (Amex and Schwab). Repair files executes successfully when accounts are deleted. Trouble is, I need them, and have been using Money as my personal finance software since 2001. 1) Is this a known problem? 2) Is is related to Money 2006, that I upgraded to 2 weeks ago? 3) How can I fix it? ...