why doesn't my page sorter toolbar display?

When I open up
Microsoft  "Publisher". the page sorter does not show. Without the page
sorter I can't move to other pages in the document. How do I get the page
sorter to display?
When I created the publisher documents the page sorter was available.

gs127 wrote:
> When I open up
> Microsoft  "Publisher". the page sorter does not show. Without the
> page sorter I can't move to other pages in the document. How do I get
> the page sorter to display?
> When I created the publisher documents the page sorter was available.

===============================
Maybe some of the following info...copied
from messages previously posted in this
newsgroup will help.

===============

Publisher 2003 or earlier:
go to.....View / Status Bar

===============

Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in
Publisher 2007 Or...Why can't I change
pages in Publisher 2007
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
(scroll down to :
Where is the Page Sorter in Publisher 2007)

=================
How to restore the missing Status Bar
(page sorter) in Publisher 2007.

The following solution was posted in the
Publisher newsgroup on 10-01-2007
by:    JimmyJohnson

===
"How do I view the Page Sorter in
Publisher 2007."
===

Hey gang,

I'm glad someone else was having the same problem I was - not for the
frustration it causes, but to know that I was not alone.  And I say "was"
because I've found a solutoin to the Page Sorter issue.

Since my purchase of Micrsoft Office Professional 2007 was less then 90 days
ago, I was able to take advantage of free Microsoft Office tech support from
their on-line service center.  Therefore, the solution you're about to read
is a bona fide Microsoft Office solution, as it came directly from one of
their techs to me.

To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below.  But
beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a
specific part of the Publisher program, and Microsoft takes great pains to
warn you that making a mistake here may corrupt your program altogether (or
corrupt certain program files that my cause your version of Publisher not to
function correctly).  So please be careful as you follow these steps to fix
your page sorter issue.

O.K., now that the nice big warning is out of the way, you'll have Publisher
2007 up and running as it should be in 10 quick steps.  But before you
begin,
please take a moment to close all programs on your computer, then...

1. If you're using Windows Vista, Click on the start button, and type
"regedit" into the "Search" field under the "All Programs" link.  If you're
using XP or earlier versions, click on the start button, then on "Run," then
type "regedit" into the field, then click "O.K."

2. When the registry window opens, your going to next make a quick back-up
of these files before you attempt to change anything (in-case that
detrimental mistake we discussed earlier is accidentally made).  This you're
going to do by:

     a. Clicking on "File"
     b. Then on "Export"
     c. Then on "Desktop" in the left-hand task pane
     d. Then by typing "Backup" in the "File Name" field
     e. Then clicking on "Save"

3. Now that that's out of the way, your going to start at the top of the
Registry window and look down till you find the branch "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
Click on it, and a new sub menu will appear.

4. When the new sub menu appears, go down and click on "Software."  Again, a
new sub menu will appear.

5. Next, click on "Microsoft," then on "Office," then on "12.0"  This will
bring you to the place where you can choose the specific Office program
you're having issues with and fix the program-specific issue.

6. Next, click on "Publisher," then on "Preferences"

7.  If you don't see a "ShowStatusBar" string, you'll need to create one by
following the steps below.  Otherwise, move on to step #8.

     a. To create a "ShowStatusBar" string, start by right-clicking on the
        right pane of the window and choosing, "New"
     b. Then click on "String Value"  It will create a new string called
        "New Value #1"
     c. Rename the new value string "ShowStatusBar" and it will create the
        "ShowStatusBar" string.
     d. Now move on to step #8.

8. Right-click on the "ShowStatusBar" string, then click on "Modify"

9. When the "Edit String" window opens, simply change the value data to "1"
(if you're like me, the value data was probably set at "0").  Once you've
changed the value data to "1" then click "O.K."

10.  Exit from all registry related windows and launch your version of
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.  You should see the page sorter in the
lower
left-hand corner of your Publisher screen right where it always should have
been.

And that's it.  Like I said, worked like a charm for me!  But if this does
not work for you, please take a moment to contact Microsoft Office tech
support directly, because that means that you have another issue altogether.

Thanks gang!  May this small piece of advice help any and all the rest of us
who cannot find the Page sorter in Publisher 2007!

JimmyJohnson

===

More input...

===

Jon Kaye wrote:
Not sure you got this resolved. It is a Registry issue.  You need to
go into the REGEDIT and change the Status Bar from 0 to 1:

START
RUN
regedit
HKEY_CURRENT_USER (click on the + sign on the left)
Software (click on the + sign on the left)
Microsoft (click on the + sign on the left)
Office (click on the + sign on the left)
Publish (click on the + sign on the left)
Preferences
Right mouse click on ShowStatusBar
Select Modify
Change the Value from 0 to 1
Click Okay
Close RegEdit

Start Publisher - Status Bar & Page Sorted should be on the bottom

===

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
John

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...

Weird inconsistent display in Outlook
Hi, This is not an Outlook issue as it happens in OWA as well. When opening the address book in Outlook or OWA from an Exchange 2003 system the Phone No, Title and Office detail of any User or Contact display properly but when opening the Propertirs box of certain users or contacts the display is completely wrong i.e. no Title, Office, Tel no or anything. The only info being displayed is the AD-name in the Display Name box in the following format: Outlook: /o=ExchangeOrg/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Alias OWA: EX:/o=ExchangeOrg/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/c...

display selection in form
Hi, In a form I display products. One of the fields in the records is "supplier". Beneath this field I placed a commandbutton "details". Clicking this button shows details of the supplier. These details are stored in a query called "supplierinfo". I built a form "frm SuppInfo"that displays the info of this query. How can I display only the matching record of "supplierinfo" Example: the value of "supplier" in the form products is "Johnson". Clicking the commandbutton must display the record in the query where the val...

Multiple Mail Messages & File Attachments Displayed
I have Outlook 2003 SP2. Periodically emails will arrive twice. In the message template, my email address will be displayed many times in the To: field and any associated attachment(s) will be displayed multiple times. Any assistance is appreciated. ...

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

How do I display a text message when a cell has a certain value??
Hi, I have a cell where if the cell is empty (A1=0), then I would like the cell to display "Enter your value here." Otherwise, I would like the cell to display the value a person enters. I have tried using an if/then/else statement and, understandably, I get a circular reference error: =IF(A1=0,"Enter your value here",A1) Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Why not just enter the text itself? The value entered by the user will displace (replace) it. This should work if the form is a template. -- HTH, RD ===================================================...

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

display after converting lotus
After converting lotus files to excel... the outline of each cell as dispalyed on the screen disappears to reveal a white only background. How do I get the outline of each cell to reappear? Thanks John You could make your own list picking the data from here http://cherbe.free.fr/traduc_fonctions_xl97.html make it into a table and use vlookup I also believe Norman Harker is working on one.. Look in the newsgroups for his name and email him and if your home is good he might send you one for free <g> -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John" <jfrasercpa@cs.com> wrote in message...

Can't customize the Outlook Today Page
I ma having trouble customizing the "OutLook Today" page in outlook 2000. Everytime I click on the Costomize Outlook Today, nothing happens, I can drag it to the desktop, it will open then, but it won't save any of the settings. I have removed and loaded outlook and still nothing. I have tried running the repair option on office and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is happening under both XP and Win98 SE. I believe all update have been added. -- Regards, Bob Frost Canterbury House Bed and Breakfast 802.457.3077 Bob <bo...

drawing toolbar icons
What is the name of the icon on the drawing toolbar that has arrows, one pointing right, then one pointing left, then one pointed right ? In article <39857188-E920-4836-926A-2ABC40B85E73@microsoft.com>, cgardnerrn@discussions.microsoft.com says... > What is the name of the icon on the drawing toolbar that has arrows, one > pointing right, then one pointing left, then one pointed right ? > I give up. What is it? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions Hi, You mean the button for...

Printing just one page?
I would like to print just one page in my publication, at times. When I hit file, print, I do not have a print option. Print merge, print preview are all that is available. Can anyone help? Please?? What version Publisher? When you are ready to print one page, there should be check off for "current page". Are you expanding the File menu? Right-click any toolbar (Publisher 2002), customize, toolbars tab, check *Always show full menus." What happens if you ctrl+p or click the print icon on the toolbar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

Display Bitmap using GDI+
Hi all, I have a MDI application in which I want to display bitmap in view ( Base class is CScrollView) with Scroll bar using GDI+, later I want to mark some part of the image. So plz tell me how I can draw a bitmap with Scroll bar. Thanks and Regards Rinu Use GetScrollCtrl to get scrollbar window and subclass window to intercepting message. in intercepted handler, process WM_PAINT with drawing bitmap image.. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai" wrote: > Hi all, ...

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

trendline equation does not display correctly
I am using Excel 2007. When I change the order of the trendline from 2 to 3, the cubic term does not appear. If I rasie the order to 4 there is still no cubic term. Only when I raise the order to 5 does the cubic term appear. I suspect that the higher order terms are not displaying. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I have sent the file to people who are using Excel 2003 and they have no problem getting the trendline equation to display correctly. Rick - Please provide a (small) data set so that this problem can be replicated. When I have a set of XY points that are approximat...

The toolbar at bottom of screen has the word calculate
My excel sheet is not updating other files when they are all opened. The word calculate continues to appear in the ready toolbar at the bottom of the screen. The calculation option in the tools option is set at automatic, iteration is ticked and at maximum iterations. When a number changes the sheet calculates this sheet but not the other opened files. This file is not linked to any other file (i.e it is not dependant on any data in any other file) Can anybody explain what is causing this problem "Calculate" means there's a circular reference. Go through your worksheets u...

Do not display Value label if value = zero
Hi I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is 'zero'. The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears '0%'. Is there any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only (so the other slices still have value labels appearing) ? Many thanks for any help Format label, custom format: #;;; -- Best Regards, Luke M "LFNFan" <LFNFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC677569-1FB1-4108-8535-C5BDC6E1B825@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am putting together a pie chart, where values ...

How to print header all page
I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my report and set keep together for each assetNo. If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo header on next page. Where am I wrong. Nova wrote: >I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my >report and set keep together for each assetNo. >If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo >header on next page. To get a group header to appear on each page in addition to the start of the group, you need to set t...

How Calculate How Many Toolbars Will Fit On a Frame "Row"
Hello, I have several toolbars that I'd like to display on as few "frame rows" as possible. Since the User may change display resolution I can't hardcode which toolbars should be displayed on a row and I therefore need to calculate how many will fit at runtime. To do this I get the size in screen units of the Frame that holds the toobars and then, for each toolbar, I get the size (again in screen units) of the toolbar and use that to calculate how much "space is remaining" on the row. If there's enough room left I add the toolbar to the row and if not I star...

How to open worksheet with preset columns displayed?
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet with 8 columns, A-H. I have "frozen" the first two columns, A & B, so that I may scroll back and forth between columns C-H, while columns A& B remain on the screen. For some reason, each time I open the worksheet, columns C-H are all shifted over one column to the left, so that column C is not visible. What I see are these three columns like this: A | B | D But what I want to see are the first three columns like this: A | B | C So each time I open the worksheet I have to manually scroll columns C- H to reveal column C. Even if ...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

numbering pages in footer
In the old excel, 1997, we could start a new page with a different page number rather than 1. I have many pages in one worksheet and many worksheets. I want the numbering footer to continue with each worksheet I prepare, and print them out at different times. I will finish one worksheet and print, and use this while working on a new worksheet, but want the next page to start where the last worksheet ended. I know you can do this by added all the worksheets together on a single worksheet and group them, however I work them at different times. On the 1997 version, you would simple ...

Page Numbering (Starting Number Other Than 1)
I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with Publisher 2002. When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu. What to do?? Regards, Bill Go to Page 1, Insert|Section -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Bill" <russeng@kiowaonline.net> wrote in message news:09b701c4257b$9d972530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with > number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with > Publisher 2002. > When I ...

Large Button Toolbar 01-22-08
I have recently seen an application written in Visual FoxPro that used a custom made toolbar that had large buttons with images on the button as well as text. Does anyone know how this same effect might be achieved in Access 2002? Thanks for any ideas, Ian. ...

"display a notification message when new mail arrives" checkbox resets
Hi there, I have an annoying little problem here. I have a new windows XP PC running Office XP (2002). In MS Outlook I have set my "display a notification message when new mail arrives" setting, but every time I exit and reenter the application this checkbox is no longer marked. It gets reset for some reason. I have downloaded all patches from Microsoft's site, but to no avail. Any suggestions are appreciates. Thanks in advance. Mike ...