Why does it MS Publisher print Head-to-foot for double sided proje

When I create a MS Publisher project that is double sided it prints
head-to-foot ( tumble) so the back page is upside down. How do I resolve this?

Please help!
Thank you
0
jvaile (3)

That may be a setting of your printer.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"jvaile" <jvaile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I create a MS Publisher project that is double sided it prints
> head-to-foot ( tumble) so the back page is upside down. How do I resolve
> this?
>
> Please help!
> Thank you

0
jl_paules (2768)
10/8/2007 1:51:46 PM
When you want to print your file do,

File
Print
Properties
Finishing tab
Print on both sides
Flip pages up          <===== this will correct the problem.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"jvaile" <jvaile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I create a MS Publisher project that is double sided it prints
> head-to-foot ( tumble) so the back page is upside down. How do I resolve
> this?
>
> Please help!
> Thank you

0
Engineer5094 (821)
10/8/2007 2:34:58 PM
My printer does not have this option,

1 Sided Printing
2 Sided Printing
Booklet Printing

I select 2 sided printing but the only finishing options are for gutter,
staple, collate and offset.

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> When you want to print your file do,
>
> File
> Print
> Properties
> Finishing tab
> Print on both sides
> Flip pages up          <===== this will correct the problem.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "jvaile" <jvaile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I create a MS Publisher project that is double sided it prints
> > head-to-foot ( tumble) so the back page is upside down. How do I resolve
> > this?
> >
> > Please help!
> > Thank you

0
jvaile (3)
10/8/2007 3:12:01 PM
jvaile wrote:
> My printer does not have this option,
>
> 1 Sided Printing
> 2 Sided Printing
> Booklet Printing
>
> I select 2 sided printing but the only finishing options are for gutter,
> staple, collate and offset.

Are you doing manual or automatic 2-sided printing?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> jvaile wrote:
> > My printer does not have this option,
> >
> > 1 Sided Printing
> > 2 Sided Printing
> > Booklet Printing
> >
> > I select 2 sided printing but the only finishing options are for gutter,
> > staple, collate and offset.
>
> Are you doing manual or automatic 2-sided printing?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
jvaile (3)
10/8/2007 4:51:02 PM
jvaile wrote:
> Automatic, too many for manual, there will be over 200 copies in the final
> product.

Printing 200 copies with a desktop printer is somewhat uneconomical...

When you select 2-sided printing in your printer driver, an additional
option should become available, that can take a number of different
names depending on what printer you have. "Long-edge" vs "short-edge"
binding; "booklet" vs "tablet" binding (you want the former in both
cases), and "flip pages up" (as already mentioned) are all examples.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)

print half side-fold cards
What is the best way to print half side-fold cards. I was doing them one at a time to give me time to change the paper but I thought that booklet printing might be the only other way. Any suggestions, thanks loads Frances! You can print more than one at at time if the cards are all alike. If you don't have a duplex unit and want to personalize the messages, then of course you can only do one at a time. When I do cards and use the printer without a duplex unit, I setup my page as landscape. The front of the card is on the right. The colophon is on the left. The second page is setu...

Editing in Print Preview in Word 2010
Is it possible to edit a file after clicking File, Print, in Word 2010 while you are still in Print Preview or is the only way to edit to click one of the tabs to return to the editing screen? Arlene I haven't used Word 2010 myself (yet), but I'm told that Print Preview is no longer editable in that version. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0E367E-D3C3-4279-A128-BA2927812FCF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to edit a file after clicking File, Print, in Word 2010 > wh...

Printing problems from Outlook using Citrix
I can not print correctly if I send something to print as attachment from Outlook97 ; if I download the files to the X drive and send to print from there, I can print without problems..I am using a Citrix Connection. ...

MS POP3 Connector
Hi All, I have configure the MS POP3 Connector to download the mail from our company external hosting mail server. But I want to leave a message in the mail server, but seem like the MS POP3 Connector will auto delete the message after successfully download it. Is there any way i can do it ahH??? -- Regards, Venedict ...

Print contents in a kit
Can you print the list of products that make up a kit? I've searched help and no luck on that.. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03E5_01C6E179.B38C5A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IS Guy, Item Quantity List Grouped by Kit Code http://tinyurl.com/42qqo Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using...

Crystal Reports export and print problem
Oh, MSCRM 1.0... why do misbehave so? Here's the issue... Accessing MSCRM, which resides on SBS2K, via Internet Explorer. Navigate to the Reports area, then Opportunity Reports. This *USUALLY* displays a list of the available reports; it does munge on occasion. However, here's the pickle... Choose a report, i.e. Pipeline Report. Again, *MOST* of the time, the chosen report is displays properly. Presuming the report displays properly, try to Export or Print the displayed report... most often, Export and Print fail with the following error: "User Access Error\n The lo...

Remove GUID from MS CRM 1.2
Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM 1.2 e-mails? Please explain how... Thanks, Doros No answer yet... For 1.0 version there is a special patch from Microsoft that removes the identification from e-mail's subject. Also there is way to do it manually in registry. Any ideas for 1.2? Can you describe the manual way? (even for 1.0 version) Please help, cause it's quite urgent! Thanks, Doros "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:etYhZv0wDHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM ...

Chart does not print properly even if shows ok in page break previ
When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and then I want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages (i.e, tall x wide). Once I print or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink. I looks as if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but when I print it does something completely different. Exce...

Print current month.
In Money 2005 there is a option to print the current month current year or last 3 months. plus some more options. I want to know how my credit card is spending for the lat 30 days. Is there a way to print a report for the last 30 days or even better yet print a report on just my credit card and the catagories that I am spending the money in? Thank you In microsoft.public.money, Mike H <Mike H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Money 2005 there is a option to print the current month current year or >last 3 months. plus some more options. I want to know how my credi...

Publisher #42
Can I open a Publisher2000 in Publisher9? If so how? Thank you If you mean Publisher 98, the answer is no... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19739CAD-91BB-465B-A363-3575054B20BC@microsoft.com... > Can I open a Publisher2000 in Publisher9? > If so how? > Thank you Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > If you mean Publisher 98, the answer is no... Or even Yes, if you get the sender o...

Printing Postcards 4 to a page front and back
I have savied postcards I use everymoth to print and mail. I just recently upgrated to publisher 2007 and when I open the postcards they open as a folded card. Is there anyway to print 4 post cards front and back like the old program?? Are you planning to mail merge? If you are, I'd advise two publications, one for the front and one for the back. Either way use one of the Avery US Letter postcard templates. If you aren't mail merging, simply add a page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AS" <A...

Force print output to Composite CMYK Publisher 2007
I've been investigating a problem whereby black lines have been printing fuzzy on our laser printers. Despite carefully settup up our documents and palletes so that they are CMYK and black is 0,0,0,100 the printed blacks clearly have colours in them. After a bit of hunting we discovered that Publisher defaults to "Print colours as composite RGB". I have many users using publisher and I want to be absolutely sure that they are all set to composite CMYK. This setting does seem to persist, but I would really like a way of forcing this. I've looked through the office...

Error on using MS Access 2003
Hi, in my office, there is a backend database to store our data and a frontend database contains queries, tables, forms, macros and VB scripts that let the users use about 6 applications involving filter data, print documents, create or edit record, etc. However, in recently, the Access is down from one day to couple of days. The error can be divide into two types, some users can partially use the applications; some users cannot open the Access database template; and some users can work normally. There are about 30-40 users to use this Access Tempate (frontend) application and this i...

remote printing
Can print MSAccess and MSWord, and MSPaint, but not MSExcel on printer attached to remote computer connected to terminal server. Excel 2002. Any suggestions Where can I get help? ...

How to: print out a FORM with only the one active record
I create a button in a FORM with VBA as: DoCmd.PrintOut However, it will print out as many as all the existing records I want it to print out a FORM only with current record. How to modify the VBA? Thanks! Martin 2008-02-14 "Martin (Martin Lee)" <lajitong888@21cn.com> wrote in message news:%23C5Q$msbIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I create a button in a FORM with VBA as: > > DoCmd.PrintOut > > However, it will print out as many as all the existing records > > I want it to print out a FORM only with current record. How to modify the > VBA? T...

Printing Attachment Information
I print my emails to PDF at times, I would like the file attachment information to print also(just the file names so I know what was sent) seems like it used to do this but not anymore. Change in settings? "LarryH" <larry@lkfire.com> wrote in message news:59qdnUPwGbH6SpjUnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d@shawneelink.net... >I print my emails to PDF at times, I would like the file attachment > information to print also(just the file names so I know what was sent) > seems > like it used to do this but not anymore. Change in settings? You first: what version of Outlook and what...

Displaced text MS Publisher2002
When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- the text in one of them is displaced. Moving one or the other to the back appears to have no effect. Ctrl T, which works when placing text over a picture, doesn't however work with text over text. I'm almost certain that this operation could be carried out in earlier versions of MS Publisher Where am I going wrong? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity <pill@blueyonder.co.uk>... > When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- > the text in one of them is disp...

Plot Publisher-file on HP DesignJet 800
Hi Everybody. I'm having problems plotting A0 and A1 sized (ISO standard) Publisher files from within Publisher to a HP DesignJet 800 plotter with a 42 inch roll. I am printing through a Windows 2003 printserver and the only thing that happens when I try to plot the publication is that a print job of 134 KB is generated, the print server says that the document was printed, the plotter's front panel says 'processing' for about 10 seconds and nothing else happens. If I try to print directly to the plotter without going through the print server (by adding a TCP/IP port to...

vba code for printing
I have an Excel workbook containing over 40 sheets with each having a least 7 pages setup to print out in the page setup area. I have multiple listboxes setup to goto specific cell that contain th start of each page. I am trying to write a code in vb using a listbox and command button t print certain pages from different sheets. i.e. On sheet 1, I want t print the information that starts in cell a50 and ends in aa110 an then on sheet2, I want to print the information that starts in cell a1 and ends in aa32 and so on. Example of code I have tried: if listbox1.selected(0) then goto errhan...

Displayed images wont print

Publisher 2003 #36
I can't get my submit button to work on a Publisher 2003 website I've created. I get an webbot-self error. Any suggestions are welcome! ...

Can't find a way to export contacts from MS Office Communicator.
Can't find a way to export contacts from MS Office Communicator. Does anyone know how this can be done to share mine with my Collegue's Thanks, Joe R No promises but... http://www.ehow.com/how_5972878_export-microsoft-communicator-contacts.html -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Joe R" <Joe R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACBCBDD-F362-4E80-AFA7-6E703702D104@microsoft.com... > Can't find a way to export contacts from MS Office Communicator. >...

Print current page?
Like in Word, there is in FILE\PRINT {button to mark for Current Page} whay there are not button like this in Exel???? There is a button. Have a look in Tools/Customize/Commands in the Fil section and drag to the toolbar you want. There are all sorts of other interesting things there too -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Excel doesn't have that option, perhaps because it's not as page oriented as Word. In File>Print, you can select to print the Active Sheet. Or, click the Preview button on the Standard toolbar, and that will set the page numbers. Then choose ...

How can I print the background colors in the template as well as .
Whenever I print, it only prints the text that I type. I want to be able to print everything including the background colors that appear on the screen when I do type in the text. If you are using the Paper Direct templates, they will never print. The templates are built around specialty papers you have to buy. www.paperdirect.com In page setup, print tab, click Advanced print settings, Graphics and Fonts tab, clear do not print any graphics. In Publisher 2000 or below, this dialogue is available when you go to print. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps...

Cannot Publish Cert to GAL
Email and Issuing Cert Server: Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise SP2 Running on Windows Server 2003 SP1 Client Machine: Outlook 2003 running on Window XP SP2 I've created a root off line CA and am using an online subordinate enterprise CA. The chain is good and I requested a user cert from the on line issuing CA. Got the cert no problem. I then exported the cert on the XP machine and using outlook imported the cert ....so far so good. I then attempt to publish to the GAL and I get a dialog box that tells me there are no valid security settings to publish. I've Googled the heck on...