why does .eps graphics files show as transparent?

using office 2003, and can insert .eps formatted graphics, but all i get is a
transparant white box. is there a setting i must change? i have already made
sure that the .eps graphics filter is installed in office. any help?  thanks.
0
M (187)

dan m <dan m@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> using office 2003, and can insert .eps formatted graphics, but all i
> get is a transparant white box. is there a setting i must change? i
> have already made sure that the .eps graphics filter is installed in
> office. any help?  thanks.

Does the graphic show when your print to a PostScript printer or PDF file
driver?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
4/22/2006 6:35:10 AM
no, nothing shows when i print and when i print to a pdf file. :( ....

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> dan m <dan m@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > using office 2003, and can insert .eps formatted graphics, but all i
> > get is a transparant white box. is there a setting i must change? i
> > have already made sure that the .eps graphics filter is installed in
> > office. any help?  thanks.
>
> Does the graphic show when your print to a PostScript printer or PDF file
> driver?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
DanM694 (4)

Opening file. . . with office 97
This problem only seems to happen with computers in our office that have office 97. What happens is that when they go to open a file from the server, it opens to the middle of the alphabet, not at the A's. So, I am curious if anyone else has had this problem, or know why it would happen. Thanks! ...

How to get a separate Undo for each of several files?
To demonstrate on two files: write A into file 1, then B into file 2, C into file 1, D into file 2 Now, in whichever window you use Undo, it will first remove the D, then C, then B, then A. While this can be useful, it is not a behaviour I would prefer, but rather an Undo that only works for the current file. How can I turn it off? I have the feint idea this is a new feature (I am speaking here of Excel 2003). I don't think it's a new feature. And undo is an application feature. You may want to request an enhancement to xlwish@microsoft.com Peter Sidor wrote: > > To d...

How to Make Graphic Uneditable
Excel 2003. I have created a "switchboard" type menu on an Excel worksheet, with controls and graphics. Before I put this out for general use, I would like to make it so that a user cannot go into design mode on the workbook and whenever a user clicks on one of the graphics, the "handles" (the things that allow one to resize, move, etc. the graphic) or whatever they are called do not appear. How do I accomplish these things. Thanks for the help -- Dr. Doug Pruiett Good News Jail & Prison Ministry www.goodnewsjail.org Doug, Can you not use Tools - Protection ...

Corrupt file after Money Crashed
I was using MS Money '05 when my computer suddenly shut down / rebooted due to some sort of power surge in my house. Regardless, the next time I tried to open my money file (My Money.mny) a window popped up that said "Money has detected that you did not close the file "My Money" before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. If your file is large, this may take a few minutes. Do you want to do this now?" When I click "YES" the progress bar goes to about 25% then an error message pops up saying "The e-mail address or pas...

Microsoft Money 2005 shows its true intent / Check Statements!!
Okay, I've had on and off major problems with MS Money 2005 and as a software company manager I know my share of buggy programs and can work around them pretty fairly. Knowing that Money is a big product with lots of features for advanced and newbies, it is a very good attempt at trying to address these two divergent issues with the same code. But I came upon something serious and is a potential class action lawsuit waiting to happen if others have this same issue when they get their credit card statements. A few years ago, I signed up with bCentral for a service that they provide...

General Ledger Batches should show Approved By details on reprint
Where Batch Approval is switched on within a Great Plains company. Users should be able to reprint a journal to review who approved a batch for posting. This is currently unavailable. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

pst file size not smaller after archive
Greetings, i have manually triggered an archive instead of using the auto arhive funtion. i found out afterwards that the pst file size in Exchange remains unchanged even though the emails can no longer be found in the Inbox. What could i have not done correctly? regards Jason After removing stuff from your pst file, you need to compact it before the file size will shrink. Go to Tools|Services, click on 'Personal folders', then 'Properties', and then 'Compact now' (these instructions are for Outlook 2000, no idea if they work in later versions). HTH Adam "...

inserted eps image loses color
Hello I have created a 125 KB file in Photoshop, (purple object on a transparent background) and exported it as and .eps file. I then tell my Publisher 2000 document to insert that file. All good on the screen - I see the image and it is indeed there and it is purple. But every time I print it the image is "gone". I go through the troubleshooting guide, rebooted, recreated my Adobe graphic, recreated my Publisher document etc. and still can't figure out what I need to do. I've also downloaded the most recent driver for my Cannon i850 printer. No change. thanks f...

How to open a PDF file through HELP button?
HI, I want to open a PDF file (just usually open it) through HELP button control. I do not know how I can open it. If someone knows it, could you give me some suggestions. Thx ucb gjin@mail.utexas.edu wrote: > HI, > > I want to open a PDF file (just usually open it) through HELP > button control. I do not know > how I can open it. If someone knows it, could you give me some > suggestions. Thx ucb: Just open the file with ShellExecute(). Of course the machine has to have Adobe Reader (or some other reader) for this to work. -- David Wilkinson Visual C++ MVP O...

graphs showing unwanted zero values
Hi! Here I am once again. I have some graphs in a spreadsheet, and the sourcedata is being filled with values as time goes on and I key in new values every fisrt day of the month. Hence the cells containing future readings is empty. The graph jumps from the latest value lets say 40, and stoops down to zero on the X-axis, and follows it the for the rest of the year. How can I get my graphs to stop showing any line after the latest typed value? I have tried every possible combination when cliking the graph, choose Options on the Tools menu, and the tab named Graph, but in vain. Nothing ...

Opening file when file name is always different
Using Excel 97 on WINNT Each fortnight I receive a report which is then formatted and save using a dated filename for the next Wednesday e.g. "570 Repor 28-07-2004". Next period, this report will be automatically saved as 570 Repor 11-08-2004". I use the code: "G:\ER\570 report " & Format(date+4-weekday(date), "dd-mm-yyyy") ".xls" which was kindly supplied by Dave Peterson. I am now trying to compare fortnightly reports and was wondering i there is a way to call the current report and the previous fortnightl report using VBA as part of a mac...

Save tabs to their own file
I have a large excel file with many tabs. I would like to be able to save each tab to their own file with a simple process -- in as few steps as possbile. Not one by one. Can anyone suggest a way to do this? What I would also potentially like to do is have the file name it saves as be defined as a single cell location that is in the same spot on every tab. For example the content in cell C14 on every tab would be the file name... Thanks! There may be some VB code that can automate that, but with regular excel commands, you have to make a new workbook, copy the sheet to it...

editbox shows strange characters
Hi I'm confused with the behavior the editbox shows.while i've not defined _UNICODE or _MBCS typing in the editbox in arabic shows strange characters.if i just copy & paste those characters into notepad the characters will look correctly(arabic). What makes me more confused is that with the same application but on another computer you can type arabic letters in the editbox. 1)What should I do so that my program acts normally on all computers? 2)what are probable the different settings on those 2 computers which make my application behave different.(bothh run winXP)? 3)what are the...

Always show Jan of current year
I keep running into problems and need this forum! I'm wanting to show Jan of the current year. This needs to be automatically updated each year as it controls a calendar. For example, A1 will be Jan. 2010 and then will change to Jan 2011 when the year changes. I'm using a drop-down validation function now to change the years but I's like to have this update annually. Thanks again for all the help, K -- Keyrookie You could have something like this in A1: =3DDATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1) and format the cell as mmm yyyy This will then follow the system...

Chart - X Axis is Dates
I have an x-y chart which plotes dates (Mondays) along the x axis and number of widgets up the y axis. Currenly the x axis lables comprises of a date for each ordinate. I'd like the x axis to show months only, but I'd still like to retain all of the data points on my chart (i.e. weekly). Can anyone advise me how to do that. TIA ...

Inserting files into excel worksheets
Why is there no option for inserting an files into an existing Excel worksheet similar to the option forinserting files into Word and PowerPoint files. I work for a CPA firm and this would be a valuable feature feature. "ccwies" <ccwies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC33867-4C40-45F8-89E0-540ABD94AC3C@microsoft.com... > Why is there no option for inserting an files into an existing Excel > worksheet similar to the option forinserting files into Word and > PowerPoint > files. I work for a CPA firm and this would be a valuable feature feature...

how to write some xml into huge xml file into speceific location???
Hello! Is anyone can help me to figure out how to write some xml into huge xml file into speceific location??? Say, i have a file about 139 Mb and i need to write some data (xml) into it, but in speceific location (specified by XPath for example). i have tryed used MSXML dom for it, but its eats memory like a twice bigger then my file. Is any way to do that without that hurt? thank you, Xenia. Xenia wrote: > Is anyone can help me to figure out how to write some xml into huge xml file > into speceific location??? > > Say, i have a file about 139 Mb and i need to write some d...

Open HTML file in VBA using workbooks.open
If I open an html file from VBA, for example.:- Set WB = Workbooks.Open(sFullFile, 0, True) ' 0=do not updatelinks, true=readonly a new workbook opens with the html file in it as expected, but some text is automatically converted to date format. For example 03-4703 becomes 01/03/4703 or 03-Mar. Can I open the html file without it performing these automatic conversions? TIA On 15 Feb, 14:04, DartGuru <alan.go...@bigfoot.com> wrote: > If I open an html file from VBA, for example.:- > Set WB = Workbooks.Open(sFullFile, 0, True) ' 0=do not updatelinks, > t...

converting works 4.5 files to be read in excel 2002
Or can you even do this. I know you can convert works to word. Thanks for the help ...

Bringing up Old Files in Excel 2003
Hi: I just installed Office 2003. I tried to bring up an old file and it will not come up. It gives me a message about it having a virus (which it does not have). How can I get the old file to come up? Thanks Is the message you get more like "this workbook contains macros, which could contain viruses" or similar? You don't say which version of Excel files are "old", but you may have been running Excel97 with "macro checking" turned off or 2000 with macro security at "low". Tools>Options>Security. Check your settings. Turn to "low...

Closing linked files in PPT 7
I am using Power Point 2007 and am creating a slide show for children that has different levels of expertise to appeal to different age groups, beginner, intermediate and advanced. This could be a very huge file, and I decided that it would be best create separate files, one for beginner, one for intermediate and one for advanced and link to those files. Within each level of expertise, there will be other files for games and testing the knowledge. I was planning to link those files as well. The problem that I am having is that when I link to another file, the first file rem...

Workbook file password protection
hi i have looked around the groups for some help in this. but wandered if anyone had got any further at all? I have a workbook that is protected from opening and i have forgotten the password. i dont want to pay (who does) and i dont (as not able to) install new software (corporate policy) also cannot access any 'hacking' sites any help? tigersunflowerCLOTH@ESyahoo.co.uk remove clothes for email You will be lucky to get it done for free. We provide a paid service for it if you are desperate. www.baileyitsolutions.com >-----Original Message----- >hi > >i have lo...

doc file
I need some help When I get a doc file attached to e-mail it won't open up. How do I fix this Ted Do you have Word installed? If yes: Create a file association. 1. Download and save the attachment on the desktop. 2. Right click on the saved file. 3. Select: Open With from the pop-up menu. 4. Click: Choose [default] Program. 5. Select: MS Word. 6. Check: Always use the selected program to open this kind of file. 7. Click OK. This should enable you to open these attachments directly from the e-mail now. If you do n...

Show USERS assigned or shared with an Account?
Is their a way to show all users that are assigned or shared with an account. I need to know the users that are assigned not the contacts! ...

Changing Unit counts using an Excel File
Hi, I'm trying to update the database item counts. For example I have 3 unique styles in the item database and there are 5 item counts for each style. Is there a way for RMS to use an Excel spreadsheet so I don't have to key in each new value of count for each style? I have thousands of styles that I need to update the item count so an easier way would be nice. Thank You, Daniel Sie Well, I'm not sure it's appropriate in your context, but the Physical Inventory feature is one way to enter onhand quantities in bulk from a CSV File. Check the online help for Physical I...