Why does blank pages print inside a booklet I created in Publisher

I created a booklet in publisher and when I print the booklet everything
prints out okay except for the inside of the book, a blank page prints.  Why,
and what can I do to fix it so the following pages can print consistently.
1
Question (24)

How many pages do you have in your booklet? It needs to be a multiple of 4.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Publisher General Question" <Publisher General
Question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a booklet in publisher and when I print the booklet everything
> prints out okay except for the inside of the book, a blank page prints.
> Why,
> and what can I do to fix it so the following pages can print consistently.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/28/2007 12:23:50 AM
JoAnn Paules wrote:
> How many pages do you have in your booklet? It needs to be a multiple of 4.

multipaules of two works too, but that's a flyer :)

Just don't make an odd number of pages, unless you mean to leave a blank
  page inside the back or rear pages (or anywhere) in the booklet. I
made it that way before, but put the title "NOTES" at the top of the
last inside page.

just a taco ;)

Steve
0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
3/28/2007 3:14:42 AM
"multipaules"?

Is that more than one JoAnn ?? :-))

"Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
| JoAnn Paules wrote:
| > How many pages do you have in your booklet? It needs to be a multiple of
4.

| multipaules of two works too, but that's a flyer :)
|
| Just don't make an odd number of pages, unless you mean to leave a blank
|  page inside the back or rear pages (or anywhere) in the booklet. I
| made it that way before, but put the title "NOTES" at the top of the
| last inside page.
|
| just a taco ;)
|
| Steve

0
webmaster911 (1600)
3/28/2007 12:39:35 PM
Ha ha! That's what we have at home - multipaules. Keith and myself.  :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> "multipaules"?
>
> Is that more than one JoAnn ?? :-))
>

> "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
> | JoAnn Paules wrote:
> | > How many pages do you have in your booklet? It needs to be a multiple
> of
> 4.
> | >

> | multipaules of two works too, but that's a flyer :)
> |
> | Just don't make an odd number of pages, unless you mean to leave a blank
> |  page inside the back or rear pages (or anywhere) in the booklet. I
> | made it that way before, but put the title "NOTES" at the top of the
> | last inside page.
> |
> | just a taco ;)
> |
> | Steve

0
jl_paules (2769)
3/28/2007 1:18:59 PM
Not in a 4 or greater page booklet.

--
Don
Quid Pro Quo.

"Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>> How many pages do you have in your booklet? It needs to be a multiple of
>> 4.
>>

> multipaules of two works too, but that's a flyer :)
>
> Just don't make an odd number of pages, unless you mean to leave a blank
> page inside the back or rear pages (or anywhere) in the booklet. I made it
> that way before, but put the title "NOTES" at the top of the last inside
> page.
>
> just a taco ;)
>
> Steve

0
Don
3/28/2007 3:05:26 PM
Don Schmidt wrote:
> Not in a 4 or greater page booklet.

Of course it works, it's just a stand alone single page in the middle...
I make six and ten page booklets very often...

I often use that page for stuff like a yearly calendar that spans two
pages, that way the subscriber will have the option of keeping that one
page and sticking it on the fridge, turn it over and use the other side.

If your print house can't figure it out... find a better one :)

just another taco

Steve

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
3/29/2007 3:47:37 AM
Your last comment, although in jest, is actually right on the mark. If I'm
spending money for a service, I want to make sure that I'm spending my
hard-earned money on a provider who is worthy.

--

> Don Schmidt wrote:
>> Not in a 4 or greater page booklet.
>>

> Of course it works, it's just a stand alone single page in the middle... I
> make six and ten page booklets very often...
>
> I often use that page for stuff like a yearly calendar that spans two
> pages, that way the subscriber will have the option of keeping that one
> page and sticking it on the fridge, turn it over and use the other side.
>
> If your print house can't figure it out... find a better one :)
>
> just another taco
>
> Steve

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

Hyperlinks to Publisher will not work
I have been trying to link Publisher files to Visio. I go through al of the appropriate steps and it looks like it all works, but then i will not open once you actually click the hyperlink. I tested it t make sure that it was not just me...Excel linked fine as well as Word. Any suggestions? Jill Bertolin -- jbertolin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jbertolini's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=463 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=122384 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Hi Jill, I'm not ...

Need to create a pie chart
I need to create a pie chart, and I am running into some problems. I has been a long time since I have last done this, and was hoping tha someone could help me. I have a column named COMPLETED. I this column it either has a Y or N. I need to have a Pie chart so that it shows the % of Completed Y and of Completed N. I am having some problems coming up with how to set this up. I hav tried the Chart Wizard, however I am just too confussed. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If your data are in A2:A100 (with A1 as a header), then in some empty rang...

How do I print the picture properties in Picture Manager?
Is it possible to print the photo with the picture properties? No. Picture Manager just uses the Windows Photo Printing Wizard. You would need some third party image software to do that. MarineMom wrote: > Is it possible to print the photo with the picture properties? ...

Need to create an assembly call for Workflow Activity Creation
We're creating an Activity via a Manual Workflow on the Order. When creating an Activity from that starting point, you only have access to fill a handful of fields (Assign To, Type, Subject, Description, Priority, and Due Date). We need the Activity that's created from this starting point to be able to fill some customized fields that we have on the Task. The only way we figured out that we might be able to accomplish this is by adding an assembly call to the Worfklow. I'm not familiar with coding an assembly callout for CRM in .NET. Does anyone know what resources I co...

create chart /table excel-save, close & reopen colors change? Why
When I create a chart/table in Excel - save, close & reopen to use again, the colors have changed for my formating. How do I set the formating so that the colors stay the same - I have tried styles with no luck. The colors need to be the company approved. Thank you, Anne, I am unable to reproduce yr problem. Excel should NOT override yr manual settings. However,you can set yr company colours as default under Tools/Options/[Color tab]. Here are the colours Excel uses by default for the workbook. (Under that thin line you see the defaults for fill and line colours.) Hope this...

How to change page number font/color
I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally I'd like to create a number with a line above it. cuig wrote: > I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert > command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally > I'd like to create a number with a line above it. You can change the format of your page numbers just like the format of any other text. Ctrl+M to get to your master page, select the number, then change the font...

Assembly Entry Variance Account Blank
When we create and release an assembly entry then click the "Distribution" button it doesn't populate a variance account most of the time. I've checked the items in the item master and they all have a the correct assembly variance account, the components have stock available and are not discontinued, but it will not populate the account. I've found two BOM's that it will populate correctly on but I don't see any differences between the two. Is there any way I can get the assembly variance account to populate? Thanks, Eric ...

cannot see my names of fonts in publisher
Im hoping someone out there can help me. All of a sudden I can't see my font names in the drop down box. I right click the move bar and click customize to ensure that box stating "list fonts in font box" is clicked. What is my problem? Help?? You need to apply the service pack(s). http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Shannon Thompson" <sthompson76@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:00c901c36805$4ae98910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Im hoping someone out there can help me...

Cannot open Publisher File
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have a 100 MB (66 MB Compressed) publisher file that consitently hangs up publisher when trying to open it. Once in a while, the first page will load, but when you try to switch to another page, the program hangs up again. I've tried several PCs to open the file with including a P4 file server with 2 GB of RAM. nothing seems to make a difference. I can tell through the Task Manager that the app is doing some sort of processor work, but no disk access is being performed. I tried opening the file in Safe Mode and it make some slight improvements w...

Create new record
Just wonder if I press the * button on the record selector, is there a new record already inserted? I have a autoincrement field in a record, I would like to know if the new record is really appended so that I can get the latest autoincrement number. ...

adding the bin field to the SOP Blank Packing Slip
Hello: The bin number field in Report Writer is available to be added to the SOP Blank Packing Slip in GP 10.0. But, upon adding this field, the default bin for the item does not print. Why is that? This is a non-Multibin environment. But, the items again do have a single default bin attached to them. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Publisher 2007 not opening saved projects.......
I have Publisher 2007, and I was wanting to open a previous project that I had done before, and it wouldn't work and it would say "Microsoft Office 2007 has stopped working. Click to find online solutions or click to close." It doesn'y do that with any other of the Microsoft Products. Can anyone help? Did you try Office Diagnostics in the Help menu? Did you "click" for online solutions? Can you open other Publisher files? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C158393B-46...

Quick Part page layouts
I am trying to set up a template in Word 2007, with protected styles, that has Quick Part items that insert a custom layout (margins, header, footer, page nos. etc) in either landscape or portrait orientation. One QP would insert a section with portrait layout (with a different first page). The second QP would insert a new page section in landscape (with different margins etc.) The final QP would insert a new page section in portrait (with the same margins etc., as the first section). The second and third QP would not have a different first page. I have tried ...

Publisher 98 Web Page Building
I am in Year 9 at school, and my class were set the task of making a single Web page about quite a famous author and playwright called R. C. Sherriff (he wrote Journey's End - a play about trench life in World War One - which was a West End hit). The computers in our I.T. Department currently run Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 with various service packs and updates. The system setup is quite common to the West Midlands schools, specifically those in the Telford & Wrekin area of the UK. Anyway, each computer has a preloaded version of Office 97 and Publisher 98. I am quite experienced with ...

creating an e-mail account
i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those are? What do you suggest i do? "tshepo moloi" <tshepo@creditmatters.co.za> wrote in message news:4F06074A-403D-4299-BFE4-A96B8B40C68F@microsoft.com... > i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they > want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those > are? What do you suggest i do? Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windo...

Print Out of Activity Schedule
My customer uses the Activity Schedule to plan resources. Their manual system consisted of a sheet with each day of the week across the top and the resource down the left hand side. I showed them how to populate the MS CRM activiy schedule with the resources listed on the left and the dates across the top which is great BUT : They asked how to print it out - and it appears you can't do this!!! Surely I do not have to write a custom report just to print out a weekly schedule which is just a replication of what is on screen. Pasting the screen to the clip board with Alt-PrtScrn is ...

preserving cell formatting inside a CONCATENATEd string
Hi to All, I have formatted cell C5 as follows: ##"F1" I entered the number 1712 cell C5, which gives the desired result 1712F1 Now I want to CONCATENATE(C5,xx,xx,xx) to give result 1712F1 xx xx xx but what I get is 1712 xx xx xx Note that the formatting of cell C5 is variable and will change, for example from ##"F1" to ##"P1", ##"F2" or to something else. In each case I want the CONCATENATED string to correspond to the present format of cell C5, for example 1712F2 xx xx xx How can I achieve this variable format in my CONCATENATED string to automat...

Cannot Publish Custom Form
I'm trying to Publish a Custom Form to my Personal Forms Library and I get the following error: Unable to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. The operation failed. An object could not be found. Someone please help me with this. I was at the end of my project. I'm on Outlook 2003. Thanks. ...

Publisher 2002 working with Vista
I'm having problems with publisher 2002 working with Window's Vista. I can do basic functions, but if I want to reformat or change something, a color, or put an outline around a box etc, the program cancels out. I am wondering if 2002 is "too old" for Vista. Anyone else having problems with this? Try putting Publisher in a compatibility mode. Right-click the Publisher program icon, properties, compatibility tab. You may have to do this in the Programs folder. My desktop icon doesn't have this option but the Office folder icon does. Publisher 2002 works fine for me ...

Top/Bottom Booklet
HI, I am running Pub 2003 and I need to create a calendar for my work. This will be on 11 x 17" paper, so each page (before it is put into booklet form) will be landscape 11 x 8.5. I can't seem to figure out how to set it up...I did see a setting that said rotate landscape, but I'm not sure what I'm doing. The booklet will be stapled in the middle and will have a hole drilled at the top for hanging...any help is appreciated. Peg wrote: > HI, > > I am running Pub 2003 and I need to create a calendar for > my work. This will be on 11 x 17" paper, so each p...

"news" and "fyi" links on the "Track My Portfolio" page
no longer work in my Money 2000. When I click them, I get "MSN Money-Page Not Found" and "The page you requested could not be found." But there is a workable link to the MSN Money Home Page, which is useless because it doesn't show the specific info that the "fyi" and 'news" links used to show...for the last SEVEN years :-) This used to be a nice, seamless feature. What happened all of the sudden? Any help appreciated. Thanks all. I'm guessing that Microsoft is sending a message about the seven year ride you've had on M2k. "to...

Exchange 2003/ 2007 emails coming in blank, but text appears if forwarded
We have two email servers, one that is Exchange 2003 and another which have just 30 users on that is on Exchange 2007 (we hope to migrate the rest of the 2003 users on to it). These are backend servers, but all emails within our company are delivered by one of two hub-client servers (both of which are Exchange 2007). We have this weird problem where occasionally people get messages sent to them which appear entirely blank, but if they then forward them, the text becomes visible. It appears that something is playing with the formatting of emails, and I am not sure what. Sometimes we have found ...

SetWindowRgn
Hello, I am creating a rounded window using the CreateRoundRectRgn and SetWindowRgn functions, and the results is fine. My problem is that I want to switch back and forth in between the normal window and the rounded window. So when I switch back, I reset the window region but with a new big enough rectangle region. The problem that I have when I comeback to the normal window is that the standard caption bar and its buttons are not redrawn properly, they are kind of basics and lack the style of Windows XP. Is my region too small or is there some activation of standard Caption drawing t...

How do I create internal links in Microsoft Publisher
I am slightly confused here and if someone could help me, I would surely appreciate it. I created a webpage consisting of a navigating buttons at the top of the page; How do I make the buttons links to sections within the document (creating internal links)? Reference: Bookmarks aka Hyperlinking to a place on a page http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/09/81265.aspx In the future I would encourage you to post your web questions to microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "nobek" <nobek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46527DFD-5BCC-48D7-8...