why do my pictures keep disappearing?

Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art
that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in
the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no
picture
0
jg (155)

Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating
your graphics driver...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art
> that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in
> the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no
> picture

0
gsauer (5093)

How can I keep my daughter (age 8) from opening my emails on the same computer, same Outlook?
How can I keep my daughter (age 8) from opening my emails on the same computer, same Outlook? Don Smith wrote: > How can I keep my daughter (age 8) from opening my emails on the same > computer, same Outlook? 1. Lock the screen 2. Password-protect your pst file 3. An eight year old should NEVER be using an internet-connected computer unsupervised. Indeed. Even my very responsible 17-year-old was denied a LAN drop in = her bedroom. Instead, she has her own drop in a corner of the = kitchen/family room that everyone passes by and is used to being asked = what she's doing while she&...

Picture folder in html files
Hi, If I save a publisher file as a html file, then you get a folder with the related images. How can I change the location of the folder? ...

Rules and Alerts dialogue box disappears
I'm at wit's end with this problem and could sure use some help. I had my Outlook 2003 rules and alerts working great for some time, then out of the blue, when I click on Tools > Rules and Alerts, the dialogue box appears for about a half second then disappears. Consequently, I can't make changes or view my rules. I've repaired and reinstalled the installation to no avail. Any suggestions out there? Thanks for any input Jeff ...

How to extract a picture from an Excel worksheet into a picture fi
Tried to extract a picture from an Excel worksheet and save it as a *.jpg / *.gif / *.bmp file - don't know how to do. Anyone knows how to do that? Same goes for Word. try this. Sub ExportChartJPG() ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jpg", _ FilterName:="jpeg" End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "SARANJAI" <SARANJAI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A449B1D7-3F17-4D10-8E1E-D44FB714F76E@microsoft.com... > Tried to extract a picture from an Excel worksheet and save it as a *.jpg / > *.gif / *.bmp ...

messages read disappear in inbox
I have just set up outlook, but when I read the messages in the inbox, they disappear... what is happening? Is there a human I can contact to get help with this? I paid $75 an hour for a technician who couldn't figure it out. ...

how do I Keep cells at the top and side
Hello, I am trying to use a simple spreadsheet for following my mileage. I am trying to keep 1 row, and 1 column on the display at all times. Example, the dates is in column B, and if I scroll across, you can always see the date, The information in Row 7 is what I would like to see at the top. I am synching this with a pocket pc so I will be able to see what cells I am entering all the time. Thanks Ralph "ralph" <rferg6@telus.net> wrote in message news:PtE2d.18474$yW6.6222@clgrps12... > Hello, > I am trying to use a simple spreadsheet for following my mileage. I a...

outlook.pst file disappeared
Recently I installed SP2 for Windows XP and did a few other updates. Now I noticed that my outlook.pst file has disappeared from my computer. I have searched for it, but it seems to just be GONE! Any ideas why it's gone, where it went, or what I can do to get it back? And if it's gone, where is my current Outlook stuff being saved as of today?? Thanks for any help you can offer. Jennie Smith jennie@bridgebuildersint.com Ok, never mind - I did finally find the file. However, I'm still baffled why the search process didn't find the file for me. Oh well, at least i...

Viewing Attachments through Picture Manager
How can view my attachments without Picture Manager. I have made a mistake and don't know what it was. Whenever I attempt to open an attachment, Picture Manager comes up and all I see is every picture in my computer Please help someone Thank you. ...

Pictures on Forms
I have a recipe database, with a picture of each recipe stored with each record. I add the picture by right-clicking the OLE frame on the form and inserting it from file. Any reason why, once I reach 57 records, the new pictures suddenly become icons with the picture name displayed, instead of the full picture (as per the previous 56 records)? I haven't change ANYTHING in the program settings, and I do not have the 'display as an icon' box ticked...? On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:36:01 -0800, RicM wrote: > I have a recipe database, with a picture of each recipe stored with each...

16 digit number wont keep alteration unless format cell to text
Using excel 2000 recieving data from client with 16 numeral characters within cells cells show an abreviated listing for the number (2.06E+15) When editing the the number (wanting to change the last number by 1 digit) i.e. 2059510000000000 - change to - 2059510000000001 this change will not be kept?? I format the cell to "numbers" with no decimal point as a whole number is required Any ideas?? Is this number to long for excell 2000?? I'm not a big excel user Cheers Croc001 Excel, like most other spreadsheet programs, uses IEEE format for storing floating point numbers. Tha...

All my Contact pictures disappeared!
I had pictures associated with a good many of my contacts in Outlook 2007. I happen to open it up today and I noticed that all of the pictures were absent in the Contacts Business Cards view. The dedicated folder in My Pictures for these headshots is still there with all the pictures. Its location has not changed. Why did Outlook de-associate the pictures from their respective contact card. Now I have to go through and manually reassociate them. Why did this happen and could it happen again? do you sync with a pda-like device? do you open your mailbox with versions other than 2007 ...

Linking pictures from storage map to Excel
I was wondering.. I have a storage facility in the company and I recently used Publisher to design a layout of our facility. What I would like to do since I made the file once I saved it an html so it can be accessible by anyone on the network. What I want to do is have it so if someone clicks on a specific unit # that is displayed for it to automatically go to where the saved information is which is in a excel spreadsheet with the personal info about that Unit #. Not sure if it is possible. Thanks ...

Outlook XP keeps asking for user name and password????
Hello all, I have Outlook 2002 (Without exchange) running on my Dell PC with XP Home. Most of the time everything works fine, but from time to time when I open Outlook, it will ask me for my user name and passwords (for some of my POP3 email accounts). When I enter the information and make sure to click "remember my information", it just reappears again and again. I'll then have to close Outlook, shut down my system and restart everything. Only that will even work sometimes. The other times I have to live with it for a period of time (usually minutes-hours until it fixes itself...

Folder Permissions keep changing help needed
Hi, I recently made a minor change to the "Standard user" through the "Users and Groups" part of the SBS Console in SBS 2008 Standard. Since I did that users have started complaining about being denied access to shared folders?? I can put them back in the relevant security groups and all is well then it changes again a few days later? Have I got someone tinkering with the settings who has somehow got Admin rihts who shouldn't or is it something to do with me having changed the "Standard User" that Group Policy keeps messing with or somethin...

Publisher keeps crashing, even when I close program
My publisher 2003 keeps crashing I have installed sp1 but this did not seem to help, this happens when I select a template or even when I close the program. Do you get an error? Is your graphics driver up to date? How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289508 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F7034A1-87A7-4744-BC29-AFA916B76ADA@microsoft...

How do I keep the date from changing format in a mail merge? #2
I have a document in Word and a document in Excel that I am using in a mail merge. When I merge the documents the format that I have the date in does not stay the same. I want the date to show up like, June 9, 2005 and what it comes up with is 6/9/2005. Is there anything I can do about this? The only thing I have found is to merge and then change the date format but then I can't get the date that I want, there are certain options that I have to pick from. Any ideas? Go to the word document and select the field that you are using for the date. RIght click on it to toggle the field...

Investing links disappeared...
Hi, I have Money 2005 Premium on my "main" machine and have downloaded Money 2007 Deluxe on a test machine to see how it would handle my current data file. The upgrade was seamless and everything worked normally. Both versions looked the same but 2007 seemed to be accessible after opening more quickly than 2005. Anyway a couple days after I did this, I opened 2005 on my main machine and clicked on investing on the tool bar on the top. It went to the investing page, but the link to "my portfolio" was no longer there. Also the links that are normally across the to...

Why does graphic in Excel header disappear when I e-mail file
I was asked to place a logo in a header on an Excel worksheet. However, when I returned the completed worksheet the other person cannot see the graphic whereas there is no problem on my own PC. Is only a link to the logo inserted into the header, so that it is no longer available on the other person's PC? If so, is there any way to actually embed the graphic in the header as I cannot see any options. Many thanks Where is the actual logo? Is it local on your PC? Yes, it's in a folder in My Documents "DNA" wrote: > Where is the actual logo? Is it local on your P...

Keep getting message that excel has encountered a problem
I am using excel 97 on windows xp and when i click tools, then options, i keep getting a message that microsoft excel has encountered a problem and must close. help!!! ...

Message Downloads but Does Disappears!
Outlook will access my pop server; show 5 messages to download; the inbox will show the blue (5); but then it will immediately change to (1) or (2) and the other messages are gone! This is particularly aggravating when I am on the phone with someone and they are trying to send me an email. I'll check the mail; it indicates that the email is there; but then it's immediately gone! I've checked the "Ddeleted Items" folder and they're not there either! Any ideas? What version of Outlook is this? Try using Advanced Find, and search for files received in the last da...

keeping formulas static when cutitng and pasting associated cell data
Hello, I have a column with a repeated formula working out something. The formula accesses data in the same row in other columns - e.g this goes down one column (this is from row 619): =IF(D619<>"",D619-SUM(G619:AB619)-$N$2, IF(C619<>"",E617+C619-SUM(G619:AB619), E617 - SUM(G619:AB619))) When I cut and paste cells in the column referenced by the formula cell, Excel changes the formula accordingly messing everything up. In frustration I want to change all references to have '$' before them e.g. $D$619 but to do this by hand would take many many hours d...

Money 2004 or keep Quicken 2003 (later get 2004)????
Standard question to ask advice about: - Now a Quicken user and should stay a Quicken user? - Change to Money 2004?? -- Why change?? -- Why not change?? I do home finances, connect to bank (two) to pay bills and to track checking accounts and credit card purchases and payments. Not investing in stocks, etc. Do taxes using Turbo Tax but don't import information to do that. Used Money a few years ago -- it did not allow single check printing on my printer at the time, while Quicken did, so I stayed a Quicken user. Thank you. You folks have been a big help...

Sent Emails disappear from Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Sent emails are disappearing spontaneously from Entourage 2008. Sometimes the emails are sent and sometimes they disappear before sending. I have NO rules of any kind enabled. Probably 25% of all sent emails disappear. <br> I set up a Thunderbird account and the sent emails are ALL visible there, so they have not been deleted from our server, using Communigate Pro. I have reinstalled Office 2008 and created a new Identity recently, a few weeks before the emails began disappearing. <...

formatting pictures
About two years ago I used Microsoft Publisher to edit some pictures. I blurred the outside edges, for example. I can not figure out how to do it again. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. Paula Could it have been Home Publishing? Publisher is not a photo editor although it can do some basic things. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "supermom1414" <supermom1414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1370685A-AE13-4014-8053-C542434B17D0@microsoft.com... > About two years ago I used...

picture compression
Here s the problem. I copy and paste pictures on to my worksheet. Then I crop and reduce the size. Then I use the compress tool to remove cropped areas and compress the pictures to 200 dpi. But it doesnt seem to be working. I've done it before but doesnt want to work now . Any ideas would be helpful. mmaya@ninaintlllc.com ...