Why can't I select the "edit points" on pictures in Publisher?

I insert a picture, I select it. I go to the Arrange drop down menu, but Edit
Points is grayed out, meaning that feature can't be used. I've tried it with
multiple pictures. What gives? Suggestions?
0
marousek (1)

What version Publisher? What format is the picture? If it is a bitmap (.jpg,
..png, others) when you select *edit wrap points* you will have to place your
cursor on the wrapping frame to create a point.
Vectors, .wmf and others, have to be ungrouped before you can edit points.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"marousek" <marousek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I insert a picture, I select it. I go to the Arrange drop down menu, but Edit
> Points is grayed out, meaning that feature can't be used. I've tried it with
> multiple pictures. What gives? Suggestions?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Edit points command
I cannot access the "edit points" command in the arrange menu when I move a picture into a text box.I want to loosen the word wrapping slightly and the command is greyed out. I click on the pictue but can only get the general wrap options. It worked before in a previous document. ...

Does 2007 have "edit points" feature, as 2003 did?
I am using MS Excel 2007, the draw function. I have some freeforms and curves that I must modify, but can't find the equivalent of 2003's "edit points" feature/tool. Can someone tell me where to find it? Hi, First create a freeform object by choosing Insert, Shapes, Lines, Freeform Then select the freeform object and choose Drawing Tools, Format, Insert Shape group, and open the Edit Shape drop down and choose Edit Points. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "durkbarn" wrote: > I am using MS Excel 2007, the draw function. I have some freeform...

Edit Points Options in Publisher 2002
I have Publisher 2007 on my office PC. When I right click on a line, the edit points option is available. A co-worker has Publisher 2002 on her computer and the edit points option is not shown when you right click on a line. Is there a plug-in/download that will add the edit points option to Publisher 2002? Any help is appreciated. Thanks The Edit Points is available in 2002, just not in the right-click. Look in the Arrange menu. You can put the command on the toolbar when you customize. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Why can't I select the "edit points" on pictures in Publisher?
I insert a picture, I select it. I go to the Arrange drop down menu, but Edit Points is grayed out, meaning that feature can't be used. I've tried it with multiple pictures. What gives? Suggestions? What version Publisher? What format is the picture? If it is a bitmap (.jpg, ..png, others) when you select *edit wrap points* you will have to place your cursor on the wrapping frame to create a point. Vectors, .wmf and others, have to be ungrouped before you can edit points. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "marousek" <marousek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...