Why can't I save Publisher files since an XP upgrade?

--
89Q Radio
0

Trial version? Maybe the time has run out.

Are you saving to your hard drive? Can you open files? Do you get an error?

What version Publisher?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> 89Q Radio

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/27/2006 3:55:11 PM
Mary:

I have used Publisher 2002 for a couple of years now.  It was only recently
(since an upgrade to XP) that I have had this problem.  I can one the program
and work within it with no problem.  However, when I attempt to save to a
file folder on my hard drive it gives me a dialogue box that says “cannot
save file”.

I’ve downloaded all the Microsoft pack updates and even reinstalled the
program without any success.

Thank you for replying.

--
89Q Radio

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Trial version? Maybe the time has run out.
>
> Are you saving to your hard drive? Can you open files? Do you get an error?
>
> What version Publisher?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > --
> > 89Q Radio

0
Coy (5)
9/27/2006 4:32:02 PM
Try doing a Save As with a different filename.

| Mary:
|
| I have used Publisher 2002 for a couple of years now.  It was only
recently
| (since an upgrade to XP) that I have had this problem.  I can one the
program
| and work within it with no problem.  However, when I attempt to save to a
| file folder on my hard drive it gives me a dialogue box that says "cannot
| save file".
|
| I've downloaded all the Microsoft pack updates and even reinstalled the
| program without any success.
|
| Thank you for replying.
|
| --
| 89Q Radio
|

| "Mary Sauer" wrote:
|
| > Trial version? Maybe the time has run out.
| >
| > Are you saving to your hard drive? Can you open files? Do you get an
error?

| > What version Publisher?
| >
| > --
| > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
| > http://office.microsoft.com/
| > http://msauer.mvps.org/
| > http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
| >
| > "Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > >
| > > --
| > > 89Q Radio

0
webmaster911 (1600)
9/28/2006 2:55:51 AM
That doesn't work either.  I am working on the current newsletter from
another computer and it saves fine.  I even tried saving it to our server and
although I can manipulate the docuemnt I cannot save it when working on
Publisher from my computer.  It works well in our other XP machine however.

I am dumbfounded.
--
89Q Radio

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

> Try doing a Save As with a different filename.
>

> "Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Mary:
> |
> | I have used Publisher 2002 for a couple of years now.  It was only
> recently
> | (since an upgrade to XP) that I have had this problem.  I can one the
> program
> | and work within it with no problem.  However, when I attempt to save to a
> | file folder on my hard drive it gives me a dialogue box that says "cannot
> | save file".
> |
> | I've downloaded all the Microsoft pack updates and even reinstalled the
> | program without any success.
> |
> | Thank you for replying.
> |
> | --
> | 89Q Radio
> |

> | "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> |
> | > Trial version? Maybe the time has run out.
> | >
> | > Are you saving to your hard drive? Can you open files? Do you get an
> error?
> | >
> | > What version Publisher?
> | >
> | > --
> | > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> | > http://office.microsoft.com/
> | > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> | > http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
> | >
> | > "Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Coy (5)
9/28/2006 2:39:02 PM
Can you save the file as a text document or .rtf? Open the graphics manager, are
there any extraneous images? Is the file "read only."
If you disable your virus software, will the publication save? How about
disabling the printer or enabling a default printer?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> That doesn't work either.  I am working on the current newsletter from
> another computer and it saves fine.  I even tried saving it to our server and
> although I can manipulate the docuemnt I cannot save it when working on
> Publisher from my computer.  It works well in our other XP machine however.
>
> I am dumbfounded.
> --
> 89Q Radio
>

> "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
>
>> Try doing a Save As with a different filename.
>>

>> "Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> | Mary:
>> |
>> | I have used Publisher 2002 for a couple of years now.  It was only
>> recently
>> | (since an upgrade to XP) that I have had this problem.  I can one the
>> program
>> | and work within it with no problem.  However, when I attempt to save to a
>> | file folder on my hard drive it gives me a dialogue box that says "cannot
>> | save file".
>> |
>> | I've downloaded all the Microsoft pack updates and even reinstalled the
>> | program without any success.
>> |
>> | Thank you for replying.
>> |
>> | --
>> | 89Q Radio

>> error?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/28/2006 3:10:01 PM
Reinstall!  Third time was the charm.  Now working.  Not sure why it didn't
"take" the first two times but we are good to go, at least for now.

Thank you Mary and Rob for your time....seems I wasted it.
--
89Q Radio

"Coy" wrote:

> --
> 89Q Radio
0
Coy (5)
9/28/2006 3:32:03 PM
I don't know why a reinstall would cure your issue, it seems a detect and repair
would suffice. I'm glad you are up and running. Thanks for posting back, it is
appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Reinstall!  Third time was the charm.  Now working.  Not sure why it didn't
> "take" the first two times but we are good to go, at least for now.
>
> Thank you Mary and Rob for your time....seems I wasted it.
> --
> 89Q Radio
>

> "Coy" wrote:
>

>> --