why can't I reopen a document saved in publisher

I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further use
but I cannot re-open the document.  Can someone help?
0
Dsmale5 (1)

What happens when you try?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dsmale5" <Dsmale5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further
>use
> but I cannot re-open the document.  Can someone help?

0
jl_paules (2769)
6/26/2006 5:11:03 AM
How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dsmale5" <Dsmale5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further use
> but I cannot re-open the document.  Can someone help?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Music in publisher
Can't get background music to play on website works ok on prewiew but not when I publish it to website? Very grateful for any HELP!! websie www.members.cox.net/wopen Thanks -- Carl Bailes <bgsound src="index_files/file0001.ht_" loop=2> Have no idea what kind of file .ht_ is but it ain't listed anywhere as a sound file. -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "wopen" <wopen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25C5D94B-415D-431F-8810-2104BBC2A3EB@microsoft.com... | Can't get background music to play on website works ok on ...

saving slides as png/jpeg @ 1280x800
I have created a presentation with screen size 1280x800. When I save individual files as png or jpeg, they are saved as 960x600, which is a different size. Is there a way to export individual slides at 1280x800? On 30 Apr, 17:01, Alessandra <acima...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have created a presentation with screen size 1280x800. When I save > individual files as png or jpeg, they are saved as 960x600, which is a > different size. =A0Is there a way to export individual slides at > 1280x800? I forgot to say I am using PowerPoint 2007. I use an add-in to do this (ove...

How can I search for a ? in Publisher?
I did a Search & Replace and somehow ? marks were placed throughout my 32-page document. I want to be sure I found them all, but when I search for ?, it stops at every letter. Appreciate some advice. Thanks. It doesn't work for me either. It doesn't work in 2010 as well. You can checkmark *Match whole words only* Publisher will look between each word rather than each letter. Not much help when you are dealing with 32 pages. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "guymaine" <guymaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B89D6FF6-B7...

Importing a .cdr file in Publisher 2007
Hi there, someone has sent me a .cdr file, is there a way to import it into Publisher? Thanks, Ulli You can import a .cdr file in 2007. Not sure about the version however. I cannot import CorelDraw 12 images into Publisher. Your sender can convert the .cdr in Corel to a .wmf or .emf or any other format. Try importing, Insert, picture, from file. If your sender cannot convert the file, send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ulli" <Ul...

Converting Publisher 2002 catalog to PDF
I created a catalog using Publisher 2002. Now I need to convert it to PDF. The problem is that when I convert if, the pages do not appear in consecutive order (i.e., the first page of the catalog appears with the last page). Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Are you producing the catalog as a saddle-stitched book? What you are getting is printer's/press spreads, which, unless it is going on a large format press, is probably fine for your printer. If you are printing separate sheets to be bound by a different method, or if it is going on a large format press, and the printe...

100% cpu utilization during save as
I'm wondering if anyone here can help me with this. When I'm typing a filename in the Save As dialog box in Excel 2003, excel.exe shoots up to 100% CPU utilization and it takes a second or two for the letters I've typed to show up. This only happens when I'm trying to save to a network location. The same issue comes up in Word 2003 and Powerpoint 2003, but not in any other windows applications. Any ideas? Thanks --Cam If this is only to a network location, it suggests a problem on the network side - or permissions. But are you using mapped drives for this? If so, try ...

Word always asks to save changes to the template
For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter. Using the code we follow a few steps : - open word - open a new document using our template - save the document (.doc) on a server - sometimes print the document - sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards) When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions : - save changes to template for the letter - save changes to normal.dot I already found a solution to avoid the q...

documental manage system
hello, anybody knows some documents or study about integration with sharepoint to have a documental manage system? thank you as starting solution i think about a simple integration with capability to store document from crm into sharepoint and some search capability to find these documents from crm. "Jim Daly [MSFT]" <jdaly@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:A9DAFCF2-E06A-4457-A0AC-209F22797BF8@microsoft.com... > What kind of business process do you have in mind? > What information do users need to see? > What kind of documents will they b...

Publisher font issue
I have an issue with Publisher 2000 and the calendar font size. The defaulted font size is 18. In each calendar date box, when I enter information is a smaller font (8 font), and save; close the program and then reopen; the 8 font text defaults to 18 font. I need the smaller font for information that needs to go into the calendar. I have tried a few tings through the help feature but nothing I do seems to work. Can someone help me with this or tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks Try this, put the calendar on the background (master page) Ctrl + m , use text boxes for your i...

I can't print Excel document on legal size paper even with correc.
I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I can print documents that are letter size with no problem. I am using Microsoft Office 2003 with Windows XP. Thanks Choose Page Setup from the File drop down menu. Click on the Page tab and change the "Letter" to "Legal" >-----Original Message----- >I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal >size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I >...

how to use a saved master page
I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved master file? Open the master file, copy, paste to your new publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Colin" <Colin @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3C59647-7D56-46B9-AA56-C707538ECDED@microsoft.com... >I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question > is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved mas...

Do I need Publisher installed to read/edit articles in an e-mail?
I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to read and edit these e-mail articles? On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:20:03 +0000, quilter512 wrote (in article <E5DAA762-0ABA-49C2-8DDB-9A0D05162496@microsoft.com>): > I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created > articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to > read and edit these e-mail articles? You can answer your own question by STFW. You not heard of Google Grou...

Thrift Savings Plan #2
Does anyone know an accurate way of tracking the military retirement plan, TSP? I have just added an account called TSP and modeled it like a 401(k). Then for each of the funds you have, just add a new investment. You won't have a stock symbol or anything. Some days, I manually update the fund prices, and others I don't. It will calculate your returns whenever you make new transactions. I basically just make those investment transactions whenever I get my quarterly statement. I don't know of a better way of tracking the TSP. "Anthony" wrote: > Does anyone ...

Saving Word E-Mail as a Revision/Draft
Hi, I would like to be able to use the E-Mail feature in Word 2003 to save an email as a draft/revision for future use. I do not want to save the word doc as an attachment. Is this possible? Thanks, Josh Why don;t you just create the word doc, save it, and then email it when you're ready. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JoshB" <JoshB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9710F08D-64E2-45B7-8115-BE8F0B116369@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I would like to be...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

Document extra check was printed and mark it void
I'm trying to figure out how to tell GP8 that an extra check was printed but we need it to be void. We printed checks today and accidently printed 1 more than we should have. Since we used that check number, GP will move on to the next one. We want to be able to go into GP and document that we did print that check but it should be void. Does that make sense to anyone? Did that exra check print on a check or on blank paper. Do you want to re-use that check number? I'm not 100% with GP 8, but in 10 you just go to "Void Historical Transactions" and void the check. ...

I have recently bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium, but my Publisher 2003 will not load as it states there is no Windows XP or 2000 running. Quite right, but do I really have to buy the 2007 version? As a UK charity we have bought the Student 2007 office version - is there a student version of Publisher 2007? -- Mark Ward Senior User Try installing in safe mode. Do you get an error other than there is no XP or 2000. Publisher 2003 should install on Vista. List of system requirements for Microsoft Office 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822129/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT ...

Help! New to Publisher
What is the A...at the bottom of a page inside a small box? I am typing a newsletter. Shouldn't one page flow to the next like in Microsoft Office? If it is text overflow, I cannot retrieve. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. That indicates that there is more text inside that area that cannot be seen. If you stretch that text box down, you'll see the rest of your text. To make it flow from one box to another, you need to set it up for that. (I will admit that I break mine manually because I've never taken the time to learn how to do it correctly.) -- The problem with ...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

how to save settings for printing several envelopes
I want to print addresses on several envelopes which are the same size but the addresses are different (for Christmas cards). Is there a way to do this without going to options each time and reset the size and font that I want? Create an envelope template. You can start from scratch with a new document, selecting the desired paper size (or specifying a custom size) or use Add to Document to add your envelope to the current document. Then see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm for instructions on separating the envelope from the document. Once you have just the ...

Why Excel 2007 not responding after saving
I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages and then says it is not responding. Try looking for help here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-gb;8753#tab3 "Xandersmum" wrote: > I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now > having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages > and then says it is not responding. ...

How do I publish to the web a 3 page web pubblication from Publis.
I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? Review the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 -- David Bartosik - MS MVP www.publishermvps.com "Bazbo" <Bazbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B2BCFAD-8DB3-40C3-A0E2-B1EBDC60DE74@microsoft.com... > I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it > to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? ...

publisher screen pulsing
my publisher file won't stop flashing or pulsing and its driving me crazy! is it because my files is too large? Wouldn't think large files would cause pulsating. How current is your video driver? Do you have high contrast enabled in the accessibility options? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DD91197-000F-40EA-B47D-C442B7E6B4D7@microsoft.com... > my publisher file won't stop flashing or pulsing and its driving me crazy!...

Automatically adjust table row height in Publisher
Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working in a table? No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cdavetype" <cdavetype@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAADE565-0540-4135-B7EF-D6DB4AD01B91@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working > in a table? ...

Batch conversion between publisher versions.
My parents downloaded the trial of office 2007, unknown to me, and created lots of documents that are quite important. The trial has expired, is there a way to batch convert these to publisher 2000 format, as that is what they were using before. There is 100+documents. No, there is no batch conversion. Your only recourse would be to buy Publisher 2002, 2003 or 2007. Or find some kind soul to convert the files for you, one at a time. This conversion isn't necessary with newer versions of Publisher because the newer versions will open 2000 files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offi...