White Printing

How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
like, then deleting that so I can print in white.
0
PJ1980 (1)

On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980
<PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
>when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
>like, then deleting that so I can print in white.

Interesting.

Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge?

NO?

You can't do it.
0
nonnymoose (25)
5/13/2008 2:01:23 AM
There is no combination of inks in a printer which will produce white.

A commercial printer MAY be able to do it.

John G.

"PJ1980" <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
> when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
> like, then deleting that so I can print in white.

0
green1 (38)
5/13/2008 2:05:50 AM
PJ1980 wrote:
> How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out
> blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see
> what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white.
===========================
Very few printers can print white...
because no combination of the ink
colors can produce white.

Try an off-white...possibly a light gray,
light yellow, light green...

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
5/13/2008 3:28:10 AM
The only way most color printers can print in white is to put a colored
background behind the text on the page.  When the white text is "printed" on
white paper so is the color background which will give you the white text on
a black or other colored background.

"PJ1980" <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
> when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
> like, then deleting that so I can print in white.

0
noone7937 (64)
5/15/2008 1:26:31 AM
On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:26:31 -0400, "LVTravel"
<noone@nothere.com> wrote:

>The only way most color printers can print in white is to put a colored
>background behind the text on the page.  When the white text is "printed" on
>white paper so is the color background which will give you the white text on
>a black or other colored background.

Huh?

"white" text is the color of the white paper coming through when
no ink is put where the text should be and another background
color for the text that is darker than white is used.

Do that on black paper, black - the color of the paper -  shows
through... not white.
0
nonnymoose (25)
5/15/2008 1:38:37 AM
Nonny wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:26:31 -0400, "LVTravel"
> <noone@nothere.com> wrote:
>
>> The only way most color printers can print in white is to put a
>> colored background behind the text on the page.  When the white text
>> is "printed" on white paper so is the color background which will
>> give you the white text on a black or other colored background.
>
> Huh?
>
> "white" text is the color of the white paper coming through when
> no ink is put where the text should be and another background
> color for the text that is darker than white is used.
>
> Do that on black paper, black - the color of the paper -  shows
> through... not white.
==============================
Colored background (you know...part
of the document)...not colored paper.

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
5/15/2008 2:44:10 AM
Well it can be done with commercial printing, offset printing that is.
Other printing methods too. But the problem is getting enough "white" in
the ink to be totally opaque and block out the color of the paper.
Obviously in this specific instance the idea proposed of creating a
black background with type colored "white" on top of it is the way to
go. But... That uses up a TON of ink which is hugely expensive... White
offset inks can be very hard to run. It usually requires at least three
or four passes through the press to get decent coverage. At which point
you might as well create the black background and use "white" type on
top of it. The "white" type will create "voids" if you will and allow
the paper color to show through. Which is typically "white"... Unless
you print on fluorescent green. In which case the type will be
fluorescent green...

But none the less it can be done. Totally impractical, but possible. And
yes it can be done on an inkjet printer or toner printer. But again,
it's impractical because of the expense in using that much ink or toner.

Matt Beals
Consultant
Enfocus Certified Trainer
Markzware Recognized Trainer
(206) 201-2320 - Main
(720) 367-3869 - eFax
mailto:matt@mattbeals.com

Come visit me at:

http://www.automatetheworkflow.com
http://www.mattbeals.com
http://forums.mattbeals.com

Friends don't let friends write HTML email

John G wrote:
> There is no combination of inks in a printer which will produce white.
>
> A commercial printer MAY be able to do it.
>
> John G.
>
> "PJ1980" <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
>> when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
>> like, then deleting that so I can print in white.

0
matt4238 (148)

------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C8B665.AE3E26C0

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message =
> Nonny wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:26:31 -0400, "LVTravel"
>> <noone@nothere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The only way most color printers can print in white is to put a
>>> colored background behind the text on the page.  When the white text
>>> is "printed" on white paper so is the color background which will
>>> give you the white text on a black or other colored background.
>>
>> Huh?
>>
>> "white" text is the color of the white paper coming through when
>> no ink is put where the text should be and another background
>> color for the text that is darker than white is used.
>>
>> Do that on black paper, black - the color of the paper -  shows
>> through... not white.
> =
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Colored background (you know...part
> of the document)...not colored paper.
>=20
> --=20
>=20
>       John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>=20
>            Notice
> This is not tech support
>      I am a volunteer
>=20
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>=20
> Proceed at your own risk
>=20

Glad at least one person was able to decipher my post.  Boy it was a =
long day.

We will use the principle of absence of ink in this quiz.  On the =
document make a full colored background for the document and send it to =
the back.  In your text box change the text color to white and type your =
information.  When printed the white (if using white paper) will show =
through the color you print since there is no ink in that location being =
deposited on the paper.  If you use red paper, red will show through =
where you had the white text.
------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C8B665.AE3E26C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#000000>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff>"John Inzer" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:oobie@doobie.xyz"><FONT face=3DArial=20
color=3D#ffffff>oobie@doobie.xyz</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#ffffff>&gt;=20
wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:OygyOWjtIHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl"><FONT face=3DArial=20
color=3D#ffffff>news:OygyOWjtIHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FON=
T=20
face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#ffffff>&gt;=20
Nonny wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt; On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:26:31 -0400,=20
"LVTravel"<BR>&gt;&gt; &lt;</FONT><A =
href=3D"mailto:noone@nothere.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff>noone@nothere.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#ffffff>&gt; wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; The only way =
most color=20
printers can print in white is to put a<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; colored =
background=20
behind the text on the page.&nbsp; When the white text<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
is=20
"printed" on white paper so is the color background which =
will<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
give you the white text on a black or other colored=20
background.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Huh?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; "white" =
text is=20
the color of the white paper coming through when<BR>&gt;&gt; no ink is =
put where=20
the text should be and another background<BR>&gt;&gt; color for the text =
that is=20
darker than white is used.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Do that on black =
paper, black=20
- the color of the paper -&nbsp; shows<BR>&gt;&gt; through... not =
white.<BR>&gt;=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt; Colored background (you=20
know...part<BR>&gt; of the document)...not colored paper.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; --=20
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; John Inzer<BR>&gt; =
Digital=20
Media MVP<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
Notice<BR>&gt; This is not tech =
support<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I=20
am a volunteer<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;Solutions that work for<BR>&gt; me =
may not=20
work for you<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Proceed at your own risk<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;</FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff size=3D4>Glad at least one =
person was able to=20
decipher my post.&nbsp; Boy it was a long day.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff size=3D4>We will use the =
principle of absence=20
of ink in this quiz.&nbsp; On the document make a full colored =
background for=20
the document and send it to the back.&nbsp; In your text box change the =
text=20
color to white and type your information.&nbsp; When printed the white =
(if using=20
white paper) will show through the color you print since there is no ink =
in that=20
location being deposited on the paper.&nbsp; If you use red paper, red =
will show=20
through where you had the white text.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C8B665.AE3E26C0--

0
none6506 (74)
5/15/2008 12:28:41 PM
On Thu, 15 May 2008 08:28:41 -0400, "LVTravel" <none@nothere.com>
wrote:

>Glad at least one person was able to decipher my post.  Boy it was a long day.
>

>We will use the principle of absence of ink in this quiz.  On the document make a full colored background for the document and send it to the back.  In your text box change the text color to white and type your information.  When printed the white (if using white paper) will show through the color you print since there is no ink in that location being deposited on the paper.  If you use red paper, red will show through where you had the white text.

If you'd carefully read the first post in this thread, you would
have known that the OP is trying to print white text on BLACK
paper.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/66e329

0
nonnymoose (25)
5/15/2008 1:32:06 PM
"Nonny" <nonnymoose@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 May 2008 08:28:41 -0400, "LVTravel" <none@nothere.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Glad at least one person was able to decipher my post.  Boy it was a long
>>day.
>>

>>We will use the principle of absence of ink in this quiz.  On the document
>>make a full colored background for the document and send it to the back.
>>In your text box change the text color to white and type your information.
>>When printed the white (if using white paper) will show through the color
>>you print since there is no ink in that location being deposited on the
>>paper.  If you use red paper, red will show through where you had the
>>white text.
>
> If you'd carefully read the first post in this thread, you would
> have known that the OP is trying to print white text on BLACK
> paper.
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/66e329

And as you said, it couldn't be done, I posted a workaround.

0
none6506 (74)

Printing reply/forward messages
I'm trying to print replyed/forwarded messages in Outlook 2000 to Hp5 Laserjet on Win 2000, but I get gibrish on the paper (just the lines with the BLUE fonts). I tried to print the same messages on win98 and it works great. So I guess the problem is with the Win2k O.S. Thanks, Amit. Did you try Windows 2000 drivers for the printer? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Amit Sass...

Printing Userforms [Landscape]
Can anyone assist I have many userforms which at regular intervals will need to be printed, some are to be printed in Portrait others in Landscape. It prints find in Portrait, but how can I change the settings so that it prints in Landscape, I tried the following to no avail by showing the Dialog Printer SetUp and manually changing the setting to Landscape but this still doesn't work. any ideas? Sub Print_UserForm Dim Response as boolean With ufStock_Sheet Response = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show If reply = False Then Exit ...

Document won't print using show/hide parargraph marks. Blocked?
When I click on the Show/Hide button on paragraph section above the document, it shows my entire page to print with the marks. When I click on it again to Hide the symbols, almost the entire page disappears, and it won't print what I want it to show. What did I do wrong? Maybe almost your entire page somehow got formatted as Hidden text? With Show/Hide turned off, select the whole document (Ctrl-A) and press Ctrl-Shift-H (once or twice). If your text reappears, then that was your problem. On Feb 20, 12:39=A0pm, Sadiemitzi <Sadiemi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Print Forms
Does anyone know if there is a way to modify the print layouts or forms in CRM 3.0? For example, when we go on site we like to take a copy of the Case with us for customer approval, I';d liek to add our Logo and a signature line to the Case Print Form. The easiest (and supported) way to do this is to create a custom report that is launched via an ISV button from the case form. There are a lot of good posts on how to do this on this newsgroup, and the SDK will give you insight into creating custom reports. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jclark" wrote...

Cannot change printer in Outlook 2003 (printing multiple emails)
I've recently upgraded to 2003 from 2000 and get a lot of these email payment confirmations for one of my clients. I have to save them but preferred printing 4pages in 1/duplex (front and back) to save paper b/ c they're only needed for historcial documentation. But since i've upgraded i cannot do this. I select my emails that i want to print (they are not 'open' i simply click them in the inbox) and select file print, and the printer is grayed out and i cannot change it nore will it accept the printer defaults if i go to 'start: printers and faxes' and change th...

Showing attachment when printing email
When I print a sent email with an attachment, the header information prints fine, but without the attachment line. Is there a way to print the email showing an attachment was sent with it? Thanks, Georganne Convert the message to Plain Text before priting. You can print HTML messages with the icon by using an add-in; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed wit...

Can Process Server only print reports?
OK, another question related to unattended report generation...if I use a process server to run my posting jobs, is it possible to save the output reports instead of printing them? I need to do that because a lot of our reports are so large we don't print them - we keep MDI (or PDF) versions. I suppose I could set the reports to go to an HTML file, but wouldn't they get overlaid whenever a posting job runs (since they always have the same name)? Has anyone dealt with automating the posting report process? Bud, Here is what you could do: 1) You can setup a dummy file name (...

printing multiple sheet tabs to image file
I am trying to print from a single workbook multiple Excel sheet tabs to a MS Office Document Image file. Some of the sheet tabs combine into a MDI/TIF file but others go to a separate MDI/TIF files. What governs this? How can I get all the sheet tabs to combine into a single MDI/TIF file? ...

Printing Issue #4
Is it possible to print a landscape document on a portrait page without losing formatting? I've tried several times and it always rotates the print back to portrait. Please let me know if there is a setting or a trick I've missed. Group everything on the portrait page; rotate 90 degrees, then print. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "nejohnso76" <johnson.neil@gmail.com> wrote in message news:defe4acf-1cc0-4222-a223-ee6ebff5425a@s15g2000yqs.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to print a landscape document on a portrait page > without losing formatting? ...

Printing a booklet #4
I am trying to print a four page booklet. This is not a new booklet; I have printed it before. However, this time I attempted to print it and it is printing out very small - not taking up the full paper. What could this be? Thanks. Have you changed anything on your computer since it last printed correctly? Have you checked over all of your printer settings? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "connijane" <connijane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096B49BE-4E53-40ED-A7FA-8DED...

Printing from a RichEditCtrl in a dialog box
Hi All, I am having a weird problem ttrying to print from a ridheditctrl in my dialog box. The whole code is given below. The problem I am having is: The m_RichText.GetTextLength() returns me a certain number which gives me the length of the richedit text; and say the printout I am trying uses up only half a page; the function m_RichText.FormatRange(&fr, TRUE) returns a value less than the gettextlength even when the printout has been completely rendered by the printer. As a result the function keeps going in an infinite loop, and I get a gizzilion no. of pages spooling in my printer...

Printing presentation without animations
How do I print a presentation without the animations I have in it? I think the in built option to do this went after 2000. Shyam Pillai has a free addin Capture Show which will do it though. http://skp.mvps.org/cshow.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Maureen D." wrote: > How do I print a presentation without the animations I have in it? ...

Adding non-printing elements to a template
We are using a pre-printed stationery for our brochures. I would like to create a template that includes the graphics that are on the stationery, but I do not want these elements to print. Is there a way to do this? I know that Publisher includes some PaperDirect templates that work this way, but I can't figure out how to make one myself. Put the elements on the background (master page). Before you print, tick ignore background (master page) (view on the toolbar) -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Jenifer Black" <jblac...

how do i print an A3 poster using 2 A4 sheets
When I select A3 portrait as the page size for a poster how do I get it to print on two A4 sheets. Publisher wants to print on 4 tiled sheets When tiling, Publisher will compute space for overlapping; when selecting your Page setup select Horizontal. Also, you'll need to either crop a bit or resize your poster a bit to have it fit on two A4 sheets. I have to thank you for giving me the nudge to look for and find a chart of paper sizes. http://www.dpandi.com/paper/index.html -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "TedM" <TedM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Can set Epson TM60002 slip printer to print long transactions?
This printer can use OPOS or Windows drivers, and is currently set up as null modem serial 9 pin to male 25 pin to the cash reg, running WinXP. It can do thermal receipts, check verify, and impact printing on slips. Thermal is fine but not desired to be used my the company. Our reseller is quite good but doesnt know the specific set up in RMS to adjust this. When encountering a long transaction, slip printer doesnt know to continue onto the 2nd, etc. slip and keep all formatting intact, it begins its new page / slip at top, ignoring margin settings - very messy. This is really terrible...

Help, can't shrink to fit so art prints on 1 page!
Working on a large banner, and want to share it with my team for review. Original file is 15mg, too large to send, and making a .pdf results in 45 pages of tiled images. Other desktop publishing software allows you to select a "fit to one page" or "scale" option so your image is reduced to one legal or letter sized sheet of paper. I can't even print this out to walk around and show my co-workers for comment. So - making a .pdf doesn't work, selecting Reduce then Fit to Paper Size won't work, asking to scale this to 20% won't work, printing to Offic...

CDHtmlDialog Printing Page Breaks
I've got a CDHtmlDialog application that I'm trying to print from. I can get it to print and print preview, but the problem is that it doesn't see the page breaks in the HTML code. If I try to print the exact same stuff from Internet Explorer directly, it will break up the pages just fine. But not inside CDHTMLDialog. Any thoughts? Or is there another way I can force page breaks from inside the code and just bypass the HTML? ...

print message
how do you get the system pop-up message anouncing that a document is being sent to the printer to be supressed (or at least not visible)? thanks in advance, mark See: Suppress the "Printing" Dialog at: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0037.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Mark Kubicki" <mark@TillotsonDesign.com> wrote in message news:%23lRtOWpCIHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > how do you get the system ...

2-Sided Printing: HP Photosmart D7300 Series. Right edge of image clipped off, won't allow manual feed #2
We are wasting tons of paper trying to print a "booklet" 2 sided. Printer: HP Photosmart D7300 Paper 8.5x11 Booklet 5.5 x 8.5 Printer set at landscape Ran 2-side configuration wizard. Did all paper feeds (numbers and circles) When attempting to print, right side is clipped off No prompts appear to turn paper over. When printer is set to BORDERLESS, the full right side of image appears, but left side of page is trimmed off. "fit image to paper" option vanishes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. How many pages? Is the print preview correct? I only know how I...

printing merged booklets
Have a 16 page booklet that I want to add mailing details to front cover. Merge to document sucessfuly but cannot seem to get it just to ptint 16 page booklets it triues to treat the whole merged file as one document. In word I can specifiy the no of pages to make up the booklet. Would welcome help. ...

Print Preview Zoom option
Is there a way to set the print preview Zoom option so that it defaults to 100%. I have tried changing it in the normal.dot template and it doesn't change on new documents. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. The following macro in the normal template will effect that Sub FilePrintPreview() ActiveDocument.PrintPreview ActiveWindow.View.Zoom = 100 End Sub http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www....

Gridlines on print job
The gridlines print too light to see. What's my problem? Please help I assume you mean that the gridlines are not printing. "File->Page Setup->Sheet" and select "Gridlines" in the "Print" section. xl2k -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Yvette" <Yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83af01c403c5$10d9db10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The gridlines print too light to see. What's my problem? > Please help Hi yvette you could also select your data range and ...

Printing Inserted Graphics
Anyone, I'm using Windows XP along with Outlook 2000. I can insert graphics (i.e., jpeg files) and they appear to be sent. However, when I try to print the message with the graphic inserted, it does not print. What I get is the message and then a big blank frame where the graphic should be. Could someone help me resolve this problem. Thanks, Jerry ...

how do I see text through autoshapes & print it
Originally, I filled in the worksheet with my information. Then I used autoshapes (rectangles with gradient fill) to color my worksheet. Where the fill is light, the text shows through ok. Darker colored areas are softer text. How do I place text on top of autoshapes so that it is equally dark through out? I am trying to avoid making text boxes and copy, pasting text out its cells. Also, right now when I print, even though print preview shows colors & text, the text does not show up on my paper. I have used "order" but it does not make a difference. Thanks Two possibiliti...