White Printing

How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
like, then deleting that so I can print in white.
0
PJ1980 (1)

On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980
<PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
>when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
>like, then deleting that so I can print in white.

Interesting.

Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge?

NO?

You can't do it.
0
nonnymoose (25)
5/13/2008 2:01:23 AM
There is no combination of inks in a printer which will produce white.

A commercial printer MAY be able to do it.

John G.

"PJ1980" <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
> when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
> like, then deleting that so I can print in white.

0
green1 (38)
5/13/2008 2:05:50 AM
PJ1980 wrote:
> How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out
> blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see
> what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white.
===========================
Very few printers can print white...
because no combination of the ink
colors can produce white.

Try an off-white...possibly a light gray,
light yellow, light green...

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
5/13/2008 3:28:10 AM
The only way most color printers can print in white is to put a colored
background behind the text on the page.  When the white text is "printed" on
white paper so is the color background which will give you the white text on
a black or other colored background.

"PJ1980" <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
> when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
> like, then deleting that so I can print in white.

0
noone7937 (64)
5/15/2008 1:26:31 AM
On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:26:31 -0400, "LVTravel"
<noone@nothere.com> wrote:

>The only way most color printers can print in white is to put a colored
>background behind the text on the page.  When the white text is "printed" on
>white paper so is the color background which will give you the white text on
>a black or other colored background.

Huh?

"white" text is the color of the white paper coming through when
no ink is put where the text should be and another background
color for the text that is darker than white is used.

Do that on black paper, black - the color of the paper -  shows
through... not white.
0
nonnymoose (25)
5/15/2008 1:38:37 AM
Nonny wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:26:31 -0400, "LVTravel"
> <noone@nothere.com> wrote:
>
>> The only way most color printers can print in white is to put a
>> colored background behind the text on the page.  When the white text
>> is "printed" on white paper so is the color background which will
>> give you the white text on a black or other colored background.
>
> Huh?
>
> "white" text is the color of the white paper coming through when
> no ink is put where the text should be and another background
> color for the text that is darker than white is used.
>
> Do that on black paper, black - the color of the paper -  shows
> through... not white.
==============================
Colored background (you know...part
of the document)...not colored paper.

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
5/15/2008 2:44:10 AM
Well it can be done with commercial printing, offset printing that is.
Other printing methods too. But the problem is getting enough "white" in
the ink to be totally opaque and block out the color of the paper.
Obviously in this specific instance the idea proposed of creating a
black background with type colored "white" on top of it is the way to
go. But... That uses up a TON of ink which is hugely expensive... White
offset inks can be very hard to run. It usually requires at least three
or four passes through the press to get decent coverage. At which point
you might as well create the black background and use "white" type on
top of it. The "white" type will create "voids" if you will and allow
the paper color to show through. Which is typically "white"... Unless
you print on fluorescent green. In which case the type will be
fluorescent green...

But none the less it can be done. Totally impractical, but possible. And
yes it can be done on an inkjet printer or toner printer. But again,
it's impractical because of the expense in using that much ink or toner.

Matt Beals
Consultant
Enfocus Certified Trainer
Markzware Recognized Trainer
(206) 201-2320 - Main
(720) 367-3869 - eFax
mailto:matt@mattbeals.com

Come visit me at:

http://www.automatetheworkflow.com
http://www.mattbeals.com
http://forums.mattbeals.com

Friends don't let friends write HTML email

John G wrote:
> There is no combination of inks in a printer which will produce white.
>
> A commercial printer MAY be able to do it.
>
> John G.
>
> "PJ1980" <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank
>> when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks
>> like, then deleting that so I can print in white.

0
matt4238 (148)

------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C8B665.AE3E26C0

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message =
> Nonny wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:26:31 -0400, "LVTravel"
>> <noone@nothere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The only way most color printers can print in white is to put a
>>> colored background behind the text on the page.  When the white text
>>> is "printed" on white paper so is the color background which will
>>> give you the white text on a black or other colored background.
>>
>> Huh?
>>
>> "white" text is the color of the white paper coming through when
>> no ink is put where the text should be and another background
>> color for the text that is darker than white is used.
>>
>> Do that on black paper, black - the color of the paper -  shows
>> through... not white.
> =
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Colored background (you know...part
> of the document)...not colored paper.
>=20
> --=20
>=20
>       John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>=20
>            Notice
> This is not tech support
>      I am a volunteer
>=20
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>=20
> Proceed at your own risk
>=20

Glad at least one person was able to decipher my post.  Boy it was a =
long day.

We will use the principle of absence of ink in this quiz.  On the =
document make a full colored background for the document and send it to =
the back.  In your text box change the text color to white and type your =
information.  When printed the white (if using white paper) will show =
through the color you print since there is no ink in that location being =
deposited on the paper.  If you use red paper, red will show through =
where you had the white text.
------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C8B665.AE3E26C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#000000>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff>"John Inzer" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:oobie@doobie.xyz"><FONT face=3DArial=20
color=3D#ffffff>oobie@doobie.xyz</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#ffffff>&gt;=20
wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:OygyOWjtIHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl"><FONT face=3DArial=20
color=3D#ffffff>news:OygyOWjtIHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FON=
T=20
face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#ffffff>&gt;=20
Nonny wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt; On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:26:31 -0400,=20
"LVTravel"<BR>&gt;&gt; &lt;</FONT><A =
href=3D"mailto:noone@nothere.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff>noone@nothere.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#ffffff>&gt; wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; The only way =
most color=20
printers can print in white is to put a<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; colored =
background=20
behind the text on the page.&nbsp; When the white text<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
is=20
"printed" on white paper so is the color background which =
will<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
give you the white text on a black or other colored=20
background.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Huh?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; "white" =
text is=20
the color of the white paper coming through when<BR>&gt;&gt; no ink is =
put where=20
the text should be and another background<BR>&gt;&gt; color for the text =
that is=20
darker than white is used.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Do that on black =
paper, black=20
- the color of the paper -&nbsp; shows<BR>&gt;&gt; through... not =
white.<BR>&gt;=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt; Colored background (you=20
know...part<BR>&gt; of the document)...not colored paper.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; --=20
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; John Inzer<BR>&gt; =
Digital=20
Media MVP<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
Notice<BR>&gt; This is not tech =
support<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I=20
am a volunteer<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;Solutions that work for<BR>&gt; me =
may not=20
work for you<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Proceed at your own risk<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;</FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff size=3D4>Glad at least one =
person was able to=20
decipher my post.&nbsp; Boy it was a long day.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ffffff size=3D4>We will use the =
principle of absence=20
of ink in this quiz.&nbsp; On the document make a full colored =
background for=20
the document and send it to the back.&nbsp; In your text box change the =
text=20
color to white and type your information.&nbsp; When printed the white =
(if using=20
white paper) will show through the color you print since there is no ink =
in that=20
location being deposited on the paper.&nbsp; If you use red paper, red =
will show=20
through where you had the white text.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C8B665.AE3E26C0--

0
none6506 (74)
5/15/2008 12:28:41 PM
On Thu, 15 May 2008 08:28:41 -0400, "LVTravel" <none@nothere.com>
wrote:

>Glad at least one person was able to decipher my post.  Boy it was a long day.
>

>We will use the principle of absence of ink in this quiz.  On the document make a full colored background for the document and send it to the back.  In your text box change the text color to white and type your information.  When printed the white (if using white paper) will show through the color you print since there is no ink in that location being deposited on the paper.  If you use red paper, red will show through where you had the white text.

If you'd carefully read the first post in this thread, you would
have known that the OP is trying to print white text on BLACK
paper.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/66e329

0
nonnymoose (25)
5/15/2008 1:32:06 PM
"Nonny" <nonnymoose@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 May 2008 08:28:41 -0400, "LVTravel" <none@nothere.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Glad at least one person was able to decipher my post.  Boy it was a long
>>day.
>>

>>We will use the principle of absence of ink in this quiz.  On the document
>>make a full colored background for the document and send it to the back.
>>In your text box change the text color to white and type your information.
>>When printed the white (if using white paper) will show through the color
>>you print since there is no ink in that location being deposited on the
>>paper.  If you use red paper, red will show through where you had the
>>white text.
>
> If you'd carefully read the first post in this thread, you would
> have known that the OP is trying to print white text on BLACK
> paper.
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/66e329

And as you said, it couldn't be done, I posted a workaround.

0
none6506 (74)

.prn print file
I created a .prn print file from my printer. When I open it in Excel 2000 it opens as garbage. A appreciate any help. John Hi John, My experience with .prn is limited to downloads from a GEAC database. I import them as text documents and play to discover what the delimiter is. Most times it is comma or | Good luck ray >-----Original Message----- >I created a .prn print file from my printer. When I open it in Excel 2000 >it opens as garbage. A appreciate any help. > >John > > >. > John *.prn files are just that. To be printed. They consist of printer co...

My prints are to small.What can i do to make them larger?
I can enlargen text on screen , but when i print it prints small.Can you offer some kind of help. Change the font size instead of your zoom percentage. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gopazz1" <gopazz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A2484AA-4C38-4B1A-B75E-C61022909992@microsoft.com... >I can enlargen text on screen , but when i print it prints small.Can you > offer some kind of help. > ...

Html emails not printing problem
Hi Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. My problem is that the Outlook 2003 does not print html emails. It prints plain text emails fine. In an html email if I click on printer icon, nothing happens. If I select File->Print menu the print dialog does not appear. I am using IE6. I have tried the following so far without luck; - Remove any additional software that I can think of in case it was interfering. - Scanned the pc using Trend's online HouseCall anti-virus/spyware program and removed some minor spyware. - Installed IE7 but at start-up it comes up with title 'Customise your...

Need help with printing Excel document
I want to print it out exactly as it looks on the screen. With all the cells and rows visable. Highlight all the cells you wish to see printed out. Then do File > PrintArea > SetPrintArea...........then do File > PrintPreview.......what you see is what will print out, assuming you have the correct print drivers and margins set etc......... If it still don't work, post back with more details. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jody mullis via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:507040B8C48C0@OfficeKB.com... > I want to print it out exactly a...

Printing without certain text (i.e., answers, notes)
Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For example, I need to print a student version without answers and instructor's notes. Thanks, TM One way would be to use a style (call it Answers for example), when you want to print out the students copies change the color of the style Answers to white. That should do it. "TM" <t_mccollough@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e6czHS2YDHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For > example, I need to print a student version without answers an...

General Ledger - General Posting Journal
On the General Posting Journal Printed Report (print JE's), how do I add a column on the printed report to show the Distribution Reference (next to the account description)? Example: Journal Transaction Transaction Audit Trail Entry Type Reference Code 2,083 Standard Adj Aug Interest GLTRX0000318 Account Description **DISTRIBUTION REFERENCE** Debit Credit 000-1000-000 Interest Exp Book interest to actual xx xx ...

font printing problem of imported visio file inside power point file
I am having a problem with VISIO 2002 with PowerPoint 2000. I made a drawing with some fonts with VISIO 2002. Then I copied the drawing and pasted into PowerPoint file. In screen, I can clearly see the font. When I print the file, drawings are there but there are no font from printed paper. Would you please help me out regarding this problem? ...

Show gridlines only prints every other line
Every time I try to print a document in Excel 2003 and use the show gridlines feature, it only prints the lines every other line. It will print a line then skip one and then print a line and so on. Does anybody have an idea what is causing this, or how to fix it. Appreciate any assistance, Jason ...

Publisher 97 and date/time print
I am designing an office card using 1997 Publisher. No matter what I do it prints day, month,year and time on every page. I have checked background and there is no text box even there to delete to stop this problem. How can I find and delete? This will be an option of your printer driver. Disable that option and your trauma will be over. -- ...

Publisher 2003 printing missing
At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't print. Students have tried changing the size of the font, the font itself, the size of the text boxes, etc. We are always missing partial lines. It is a different place on each paper and it happens on different printers. Any suggestions? Barbmc wrote: > At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each > student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't > p...

Printing only a disclaimer on the even pages of a report
I have a report that must have a disclaimer on the back of each page (no data just verbage). Can someone tell me how to set this up please. TIA for the help. Steve ...

printing on legal
Anyone have success printing legal size doc from a pcl5 driver using publisher 97...using a Gestetner 3225. other office apps print on legal ok My page setup says legal, the printer driver says legal, I'm even telling it what tray to go to that contains legal..... Publisher is more demanding on printer drivers than other applications. Is there a newer driver for your printer? http://www.nrgcss.com/drivers/Page2.asp -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jaqueline Naghdi" <jn...

Header
I have a spreadsheet that prints out on 3 pages of A4. However, the header prints at the top of each page. How do I get it to print at the top of the first page, only, please? Gareth -- For essential news about Huddersfield Town Football Club join the Terriers Mailing List at www.Terriers.me.uk . Two separate print jobs are required. You can use a macro to speed it up but it is still two print jobs. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:46:28 +0100, "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote: >I ...

print only range that contain information in excel 2007
i have a large worksheet to cover a large number of possible inserted entries, all cells show blank until entries are copied and pasted in the worksheet. The amount of entries vary. Is there a way to set the workseet to print only the range of cells with information in them ...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

Print File
How do I use a FileSytemObject in VBA code to print a word document from excel. I'm not sure how you would. But I saved this from a previous post. Option Explicit Sub testme() 'Dim WDApp As Word.Application 'Dim WDDoc As Word.Document Dim WDApp As Object Dim WDDoc As Object Dim myDocName As String Dim WordWasRunning As Boolean Dim testStr As String myDocName = "C:\my documents\word\document1.doc" testStr = "" On Error Resume Next testStr = Dir(myDocName) On Error GoTo 0 If testStr = "&quo...

Calendar Printing Assistant-won't update
Besides my own Outlook 2007 calendar, I am also the "owner" of a public calendar to which several others have editing privileges. I can add and change appointments to the public calendar, but when I go to print it, my updates are not there even though they are visible on my Outlook screen. What can I do to get CPA to print the updated appointments? My understanding is that CPA does not handle merged calendars very well. You may want to consider using a Outlook Calendar printing app called Wincalendar instead. It allows you to render your Outlook calendar in various...

Printing Woes #2
I have a spreadsheet (my timesheet). For some reason, this spreadsheet defaults to 3 copies when it prints. I only need one. So, I manually go in, change the number of copies needed, hit print, save the spreadsheet. When I come back into the spreadsheet the next week, it is back to 3 copies. I have saved the original spreadsheet, did a save as and gave it a new name, etc, and I still can't get it to default back to one copy. Any ideas. TIA, Brenda ...

Printing Labels #5
Can you use a roll of labels with MS Office? Specifically, can you rip off 6 labels, which would be approximately half a piece of paper, and feed it through a printer, while using MS Publisher or MS Word? You probably can, it will take some effort to setup the page correctly. Merging would be questionable. In page setup, select custom, input the label width and length plus one label more for the margin. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LACE" <LACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52...

printing multiple newsletters
When printing an 11x17, folded newsletter and using mail merge in Publisher I encounter problems. There are 664 addresses in my merge list and I am required to press Enter 664 times to get all of them published. This happens on our old C2620. I agreed to upgrade the machine to a C5185i but with reservations as you can imagine. Still, we cannot mail merge our newsletter on the newest machine in Publisher. Ed Bennett's fix from KATMA does not seem to fix this problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks. Are you getting an error message? There are some problems with commercial CMYK merges ...

print attachement
Hello, I would like Outlook to check for a specific attachement in incoming email (for example all attached word documents in format "ras*.doc") and to print the attached document automatically. Is is possible using rules ? do I need a script ? any idea how to do it ? Thank you ...

print out
I have excel file with colour background and plain pattern. When I print a excel file, the print out is coming with doted pattern. and if i copy entire sheet and paste it some other excel file, I can get exact print out with plain background. But every time I can not copy and take print out. But I want to take with plain pattern in the same file. Any idea what is the problem in the file. Hi vishu, If I understand correctly you are copying the values and formulas, or are using Edit, Past Special, Values, but not the formatting. The safest way is to copy the entire sheet. Edit...

Printing out postcards...
I have Windows XP & Publisher 2003. I am selecting blank postcard design with multiple copies per sheet selected (2 across & 2 down). I would like to have each one with a different picture and text. When I do this in all quadrants, it places all 4 of those in each postcard section when printing. Is there a way to separate a page into 4 sections (like with the multiple copies per sheet option), but have a different picture with text in each quadrant? Any suggestions or work arounds? thanks Lay your publication out manually. In the page setup select landscape, in the arran...

No Print Dialogs
Suggestion - Add the following option to the User Preferences window so the following switch can be completed within the application and not require manually editing the Dex.ini file - NoPrintDialogs=TRUE or NoPrintDialogs=FALSE TechKnowledge Content Question How should the NoPrintDialogs setting be set up in the DEX.INI file? Answer You will need to add this setting to your DEX.INI file: NoPrintDialogs=TRUE and save your changes. A value of TRUE means that print dialog boxes will not appear; if you don't include this line, or use a setting of FALSE, print dialog boxes will a...

Printing Attachments
I print my emails to PDF at times, I would like the file attachment information to print also(just the file names so I know what was sent) seems like it used to do this but not anymore. Change in settings? Sorry wrong group - this was for outlook 2003 "LarryH" <larry@lkfire.com> wrote in message news:BeudnUnGaKYdS5jUnZ2dnUVZ_hmdnZ2d@shawneelink.net... >I print my emails to PDF at times, I would like the file attachment >information to print also(just the file names so I know what was sent) >seems like it used to do this but not anymore. Change in settings? &...