Where is Microsoft Publisher 2002?

Microsoft Publisher 2000 was included in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional.
I installed Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I can't find Microsoft
Publisher 2002(XP).  Did Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP) have to be purchased
separately?  If it is part of the Office XP bundle how do I load it.
0
gfohlm (1)

Not all versions of Office are the same as other versions - just like the
different editions vary. You need to read the box to make sure you are
getting what you need - or to see what program are included. Pub 2002 had to
be purchased separately because it wasn't included with any retail suites,
just OEM suites.

You will probably have a lot of trouble finding Publisher 2002 since it is
an older version.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"gfohlm" <gfohlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft Publisher 2000 was included in Microsoft Office 2000
> Professional.
> I installed Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I can't find Microsoft
> Publisher 2002(XP).  Did Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP) have to be purchased
> separately?  If it is part of the Office XP bundle how do I load it.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
4/15/2006 8:36:13 PM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> You will probably have a lot of trouble finding Publisher 2002 since
> it is an older version.

Was in Staples the other day and they were trying to sell two copies of
Windows 2000.  One for �79.99, one for �99.99 (~$150 and $180 respectively)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
4/15/2006 9:14:53 PM
Hmm, I was thinking about trying to see if I had a copy of Windows 2000
somewhere. I'm going to reformat my craptop and it's ancient. Still has Win
98, non-SE.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> You will probably have a lot of trouble finding Publisher 2002 since
>> it is an older version.
>
> Was in Staples the other day and they were trying to sell two copies of
> Windows 2000.  One for �79.99, one for �99.99 (~$150 and $180
> respectively)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
4/15/2006 10:49:52 PM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Still has Win 98, non-SE.

Ooh...
Look on the bright side - it doesn't have ME!

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
4/15/2006 11:03:45 PM
Amen to that! I would have reformatted it long before now if it had. Gawd, I
hated that OS.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> Still has Win 98, non-SE.
>
> Ooh...
> Look on the bright side - it doesn't have ME!
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
4/16/2006 4:13:17 AM
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 05:13:17 +0100, JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote
(in article <vcGdnd8dDJZ_WdzZRVn-rA@suscom.com>):

> Amen to that! I would have reformatted it long before now if it had. Gawd, I
> hated that OS.

I know. That's why I don't use Windoze.

0
naggingdoubt (192)

outlook 2002 problem with reply/forward message
HI all, I'm using OUtlook 2002 with Exchange 5.0. I recently changed my desktop from Win 95 to XP Pro with Office XP Standard. Now I cant reply or forward mails..they stay in the outbox and are not sent. I can only send mail as a new mail. Any help is appreciated.. :S ...

Microsoft Word 6.0/95 Documents Not Opening in
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Two recent strange occurrences: <br><br>1)Older documents originally created with Microsoft Word 6.0/95 are not opening in Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac (ver. 11.5.6) even though within their preview (next column over from actual file/document) it says that the document was modified and last opened when the document attempted to open, but actually never appeared. <br><br>2)Some kind of font formatting within even newer, recently created Microsoft Word 2004 documents has changed. Most docum...

How to covert Publisher Millenium to Publisher XP? New computer..
I recently purchased Microsoft Word XP and my Publisher files won't convert over - the spacing is all wrong when it is opened. How do I make the old system (Millinium Edition) compatable so I don't have to redesign everything? Huh? You bought Word 2002 and now your Publisher won't convert? 1. Convert to what? 2. Which version of Publisher? (We'll start with that and go from there.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "NOVA girl" <NOVA girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51EFC095-1EC7-4F39-8828-03101D403EE0@microsoft.com... >...

Publisher 2000 #48
I am trying to write a book and the only thing close to what I am looking for in my Publisher program is the Catalog format. After I got everything the way I wanted and started, I got to page 8 and when I went back I noticed that everything I typed on page 6 had replaced what I put on page 2. Why is this and how do I fix it. When you do a booklet in 2000, you need to specify special fold, book fold, landscape in File, Page setup. You must be using the catalog wizard, you are going through a lot of needless trouble to setup a book. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "llowen...

veiwing publisher created document
a friend sent me a document that was created using publisher. how can i view it if i dont have publisher. please help Have the sender send it to you in pdf form. Or, have someone who has Publisher open and print it for you. Or, you'll need to get Publisher. -- Don Vancouver USA "Eruption" <Eruption@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDECF956-F2B7-4FAC-B433-187382048180@microsoft.com... >a friend sent me a document that was created using publisher. how can i >view > it if i dont have publisher. please help > ok. thank you for the promp...

Setting Up Microsoft Money
When i first launch money, it tells me it is going to update the program. After attempting this for a few seconds, it comes back and tells me "Money failed to download the necessary files for a software update. Security software on your computer may have interfered, or the servers that provide the download may be temporarily unavailable. Check your firewall, anti-virus, or other security software for settings that may be blocking this download, or simply wait a few minutes and then try again." i checked the windows XP firewall, i have it turned OFF, i do not use any softw...

Disappearing Graphics in Publisher
I receive publisher files from another source to modify for my own needs. Sometimes when I modify the file, save it and then open it later the graphics and some other materials that were there previously have disappeared!! Help!! Could be that your video driver needs updated. That will do some really fluky things. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bdsweeney" <bdsweeney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC0F4C5F-037F-4317-8312-5707AF400E4B@microsoft.com... >I receive publisher files from another source to modify for my own needs. > Sometim...

Microsoft Office 2007
I am so confused with this Ribbon in Office 2007. Can someone please try to explain why has Microsoft decided to get rid of teh Menu bar that we all were so accostomed to? Is it one of their marketing strategy or just a more better way of using Office? I stubbled upon this website http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/ where they do have FREE manuals for all teh Office packages but I couldn't really make head or tail out of them. If anybody does go there and understand the manuals please let me know !I would be really intersted specially the MS Office 2007 version! Cheers R Y...

Programmatically set "automatically generate microsoft exchange views" ?
Hi all I'm trying to find out how to set "automatically generate microsoft exchange views" on various folders in Outlook 2003 programmatically. I can't find much documentation on this. I don't really care which programming environment I have to do this from. The most promising was CDO folder property CdoPR_GENERATE_EXCHANGE_VIEWS (&H36E9000B) as documented on CDOLIVE. Unfortunately this seems to be no longer supported :-( Can someone point me at some more in depth or up to date documentation, or help me out here ? Many thanks Neal That's the only ...

Can't get rid of "Microsoft User Data" folder in Documents Folder
I've tried to move and delete the Microsoft User Data folder which appears in my main Documents Folder. Every time I use Office VX, it reapears. Changing the name of the Documents folder didn't work, Office VX just created a new one Does anyone know how to move it to another location? Very grateful for any suggestions Thanks Paul On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:36:29 -0600, Paul Sweeney wrote (in article <ef3e5d49.0411231636.74f3ad9c@posting.google.com>): > I've tried to move and delete the Microsoft User Data folder which > appears in my main Documents Folder. Every time ...

Import word to publisher
Can anyone instruct me as to how to import a MS Word 03 brochure into MS Publisher 03? I have tried the import under File-Import from Word, but nothing comes up after its down, just a blank page. Setup your page in Publisher as a brochure, copy/paste from Word. Might try "paste special" to get better results. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "teddkilroy" <teddkilroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96B6BA61-C059-4B8E-A071-FE7C94F66681@microsoft.com... > Can anyone instr...

I have publisher 2002 but isn't recognised by vista
I have downloaded my publisher 2002 onto new computer with Vista. Although I can go through the publisher icon and open all my old publisher documents, I can't open them by double clicking on them and publisher doesn't show up in browse if right click and open with selected. MATZ wrote: > I have downloaded my publisher 2002 onto new computer with Vista. > Although I can go through the publisher icon and open all my old > publisher documents, I can't open them by double clicking on them and > publisher doesn't show up in browse if right click and open with > s...

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio / Convert Date
This isn't exactly a Microsoft Access question, but I didn't know where else to go. I am using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. The table and field name are “dbo.EncounterData.CreateDateTime” The results are formatted like “2010-03-02 10:36:52.527”. Would you know how I can use the Convert function to format the results as “yyyymmdd”. I know it is something like one of these: select (convert (char(8), getdate(), 112) SELECT CONVERT(VARCHAR(8),CONVERT(DATETIME),112) but I can't get either one to work. -- Tyro from Missouri Tyro wrote: > This...

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' #2
Hi, I have been running Outlook 2003 through HTTP over RPC to connect to an Exchange 2003 server for some time without troubles until recently. All of the sudden both I and my users have been getting the following error on send / receive: "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" I have tried rebuilding the offline address list and creating new profiles. We are able to send and receive mail without issue. But I am worried that this error is indicative of a problem i am not seeing and it...

Importing into Publisher w/o Background
We have jpegs that we want to cut out in Adobe Photoshop and import into Publisher without a background. You can make a clipping path in Adobe Photoshop that defines which area to include and which area to discard, but I'm not sure if Publisher supports clipping paths or not. Probably not because it's MicroSoft, not Adobe. A .gif won't work because its a photographic image. We basically want to isolate a product shot from its background and place it on a new varied background in Publisher without seeing the 'block' rectangular shape of the product image's b...

publisher #70
How or can I scan a program into publisher and be able to edit it? I have been asked to do this and have never used this program. Can you please help????/ Thank you very much. Jen When a persons states they want to "scan" something into a computer they are talking about creating a bit image of the original document. These can not be edited within Publisher but only a graphic editing program. If you want to scan a document to be editable it needs to be "scanned" into an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) program like OmniPage, Microsoft Document Imaging (free wi...

Wrapping text around pictures in MS Publisher 2003.
I knew exactly how to do this in Publisher 2000 but 2003 defaets me completely. I've seen all the previous postings on this and the answers given. Is there a fix for this on MS update pages? -- Peter J Aldersley (aka bubbles) BEDWORTH England If you have a border on your publication, send it to the back and then apply your wraps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bubbles" <bubbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98FC4EDC-24CC-432E-8CD6-D7DD8CC37B70@microsoft.com... >I knew e...

Drop down list in Microsoft Word 2007
I have added a drop down list to my form in Word 2007 but there is no arrow for the user to click to see the options. How can I fix this? The arrow button appears only when you have protected the document for forms. You can go through the pain of clicking Protect Document > Allow only this type of editing > Filling in forms > Start Enforcing Protection. Or you can add the Lock command to the Quick Access Toolbar and only need one click. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups ...

Access 97 Databases are Automatically Converted to Access 2002
Our Group Policy was set per KB Article 290291 with "Do not prompt to convert older databases" with the setting "Enabled" and "enforced on". The article states that with this setting, the user would not get the dialog box and Access 97 databases would not be converted automatically to Access 2002. Since this setting was applied to the desktops through the GPO, users don't get the dialog box, but their databases are getting converted automatically to Access 2002 without the user doing anything. We are considering changing the Group Policy setting to ...

Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F
I have posted this earlier but some of you may not able to understand what I was saying because .. i was pretty much upset during that time. Below is the complete scenario. Hope to get feedback, thanks. "Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F" As written in 2 KB articles as "nature by design" for Outlook 2003, they also published workarounds for the problems. KB 822444 - Windows 2000 server KB 275171 - Windows 2003 server #They are basically the same, its just that you do not need to type 0x for 2003. My problem is, it fails for windows 2003 se...

Merge names from Excel to Publisher postcard
I set up a postcard in Publisher. Yesterday, I was able to merge names and addresses from an excel list so I could easily mail. Today, trying to change the list to a more complete on, I get a pop-up message reading "operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failure. Try later." I've tried copying/renaming the excel file to no avail. Any ideas? Could be your MDAC components This article addresses Word, but it is the same error. WD2002: "Operation Could Not Be Completed Because of Dialog or Database Engine Failure" Error Message When ...

Able to print checks for EFT vendors on Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
If we run Select Checks using a Check payment batch, then we will have the ability to print checks even for an EFT vendor. We will get an error message and will not be able to use a non-EFT vendor in an EFT payment batch but the client would also like to get a similar error message when an EFT vendor is accidentally build into a Check payment batch. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

How can I find Product Key for trial Publisher 2007?
I couldn't find the Product Key on the email sent to me when I installed a trial Publisher 2007. Can anyone help me please? Does it ask for one during installation? Maybe it will install and be usable for a specific number of days to allow you to make a decision to purchase or not. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Nora" <Nora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF8A3C84-A494-46A5-AB13-0350B6B76DAF@microsoft.com... >I couldn't find the Product Key on the email sent to me when I installed a > trial Publisher 2007. Can anyone help me...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2007 for Canadians
I upgraded my PC tried Microsoft Office and then bought it. . . tried the trial of Microsoft Money 2007 deluxe for two months and 25 days . . . and Digital River will not let me buy it. Microsoft Support says well if Digital River won't sell it to you try Amazon.com . . . Amazon.com will not let me buy it either. I very very much resent the fact that I've loaded three months worth of data into a software program that I cannot purchase. It would have been far better to have received a warning that this software could not be purchased in Canada before I down loaded the trial ...

Taste the security package that comes from the Microsoft Corporation
--tkmjpgzpu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tgcaxrven"; type="multipart/alternative" --tgcaxrven Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sohgludrkfplnbne" --sohgludrkfplnbne Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to he...