Where are the templates???

When I choose "File --> New", on the left side of the screen is a pane
titled "New Publication".  It shows all these templates.  But where
are they located physically on the computer???

0
mkerrigan (3)

A hidden folder
C:\\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
Vista and Office 2007
C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

If you are asking about the templates within the Office 2003

They are found here
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\PUBWIZ

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"MaryK" <mkerrigan@ktoys.com> wrote in message
> When I choose "File --> New", on the left side of the screen is a pane
> titled "New Publication".  It shows all these templates.  But where
> are they located physically on the computer???

0
mary-sauer (6480)

looking4 A5 template 2up for flyer please
looking4 A5 template 2up for flyer please Setup your printer first, select A5. In page setup select custom, input 14.8cm width and 10.498cm height. The dialogue on the page setup will say "Prints 2 copies per sheet, 1 columns of 2." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ptur" <ptur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DEB0758-B15E-4A18-A9A3-1078A6D8F278@microsoft.com... > looking4 A5 template 2up for flyer please ...

Word 2004 crashes and Normal template
I'm suddenly having a lot of trouble with Word 2004. I have many many different templates, with associated toolbars, auto text, and macros. Suddenly Word is crashing constantly, even when doing a simple "Save." I've dumped the Normal template, that didn't seem to help. Then I found the "Normal" template or .doc is in several places throughout the computer. ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Normal and Applications/ Microsoft Office 2004/Templates. I tried trashing both, then lost all my customizations. I then replace from a backup Normal from a few months b...

Save template , then as workbook
Hi I have a template that has a macro to increase a filed number by one, to be used as an i.d number. This works fine, but i am now trying to save the template as soon as this is done, so that the next user gets the template, with the number advanced by one to avoid duplicates. Then when the "save as" is brought up in the book they are working on, a particular cell value, I2, is used as the file name and it is saved as a worbook in a particular path. Make sense?? Any ideas?? Thanks Example from Patrick Molloy http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1...

Workflows with Email Templates
Hi, I am trying to send an email (based on an email template) from an automated workflow. When an opportunity with value of over $50,000 is created, I would like to send an email to the account manager/owner with the details of the opportunity. Opportunity-typed email template created with necessary info. When I select the template from within Workflow manager email activity the rest of the field become greyed out. Any insight would be helpful. Is this feasible? Thanks, Jason Mutchler Found it - you need to FIRST define recipients then select template. "Jason Mutchler" <...

Workflow using Email Template is paused
I have created a work flow rule that sends an email using a template. However, it shows up as paused in the Workflow Monitor. When I create the same rule without the template and use Send Email then it works fine! Is ther an issue when using templates? -- Dave Hi Dave, Jut had a similar thing happen a few minutes ago in my testing of a Sales Process. It paused and hung because the contact did not have an e-mail address. We also discovered, which someone may be able to help answer, that the workflow monitor showed it paused but something appears to be wrong with the workflow moni...

Excel 2000 crashes when downloading from MS Template Gallery
I've been trying to download excel templates from the template gallery but excel crashes with a program error "a log will be created". The log shows a error code of c0000005 access violation. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks... Renee ...

Possible to delete the Workspace of a project ONLY for re-creation with a new template?
I've improved the central template about a day after a user of mine create two new project workspaces (that aren't being used yet). I want to get rid of the ones that are out there and have them republish using the new template. Normally, I go out and delete the project from the published database ONLY and check the option to delete its associated workspace/ sharepoint site. Is there a way to just delete the workspace without touching the project in either the draft or published databases so that it can be re-created with the new template? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT 1...

I have problems keeping the merge formula to use as a template.
I can merge multiple cells int o one cell using the & " "& formula in Excel. It works great. The problem arises when I need to use it again. There must be away to merge contents without having to type that formula over and over. I try to make a template but it does not work, so I have to type the formula &" " for approximately 40 to 50 cells. Does anyone know how I can have one formula to wear I can copy my information and paste it into the merge cells formula and have it work correctly? I am trying to make a template that can bve used repeatedly with out...

read templates roles
hi, I have a new_role and this role has all the permisions over the "email templates" (organization permitions). But I can't see any template with a user that has a new_role. any idea? -- Magy ...

Importing 2003 Chart Templates into 2007
I have custom charts (bars and lines). They open in 2007 as only bars. How do I save/copy the 2003 templates (from my old computer) so my charts work? Also, my Excel macros don't appear to work. I downloaded the 2003/2007 conversion patch already (w/o success). Thanks. Hi, I don't believe that the Custom Type templates that were available in 2003 are available in 2007 although you could make your own and then save them to the Templates folder in the Insert, Charts, Manage Templates area. Regarding your 2003 files coming in to 2007 without the line on a column/line chart, ...

Check Template
Hello All, We need to modify the Check template in GP version 8. Unable to find the option with the program, could someone point me in the right direction. Regards, Jeff This is modified in Report Writer -- In GP go to Tools Customize ReportWriter -- go to report and select the check template you are using. Modify and then make sure all persons who need to use it have the modified report /template added to their security "Jeff Arnold" <JeffArnold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8725D8A8-198A-4EE8-ACBA-F0978E3EB99C@microsoft.com... > Hello All, &...

How to set text wrapping in Excel using template?
I am trying to use excel for my reports - using template - certain columns contains variable length text - which i need to wrap - for print out the cell row height should get adjusted using text wrap alignment with fixed column width - how to do that? thanks Select the relevant cell(s). right click, click on Format Cells. go to Alignment, and tick Wrap text "suchi banerjee" wrote: > I am trying to use excel for my reports - using template - certain columns > contains variable length text - which i need to wrap - for print out the cell > row height should get adjuste...

Form Template Idea
I have a grand idea for a form but no idea how to design it! I have form that has perhaps 8 - 10 fields that require filling in. The nature of the data is that, for any given day of data entry, perhaps 6 of those fields would be the same (ie the user would pick the same choice) for each record. What i envisage is that at the beginning of data entry you could somehow pre-choose some of the repsonses and have those recorded to the form allowing the user to only enter 2 or three fields that are different for each record. Kind of like setting a template for the day. However the user would ...

Line breaks in email template

Outlook Template
How do I create a template for Outlook to use that is plain text so any e-mail system would be able to read it? Dave French dfrench at hopennmachinery point com ...

DOWNLOADING TEMPLATES
UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM OFFICE ON-LINE, VIRUS SCANNER DETECTS PROBLEM EVEN WHEN ITS TURNED OFF. UTILIZED OFFICE ASSISTANCE BUT STILL NO LUCK. IDEAS ...

a template for a 4 page credit card sized annual fixtures list
As above. I need a template to make a card sized annual fixtures list for members. Okay. Specifically what is your question? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "slindon" <slindon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1881822-C7D0-45CC-90BD-089261BE4F53@microsoft.com... > As above. I need a template to make a card sized annual fixtures list for > members. ...

Including an attachment for email template
How do I insert a .pdf document on an email template since there doesn't seem to be a way to insert a document until after the email is sent? Does anyone have a workaround or alternative solution? Thank you. Kim Unfortunately I needed somewhat the same thing and was told by MS it is not possible as of yet... "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c92601c3ef28$27ef7280$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I insert a .pdf document on an email template since > there doesn't seem to be a way to insert a document until > after the ema...

Excel 2000 templates - spreadsheet solutions
I am using OS Windows 2000 Pro - server is Windows 2000, and Excel is verison 2000: when I try to open the invoice template, in the Spreadsheet Solutions tab, I get the following error message: "This workbook contains a type of macro (Microsoft Excel veriosn 4.0 macro)that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Security level." Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem? Any registry fix? Thanks. Change you security under tools>>security to medium.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Fabiana Moradkhani" <FMo...

Send an email template to various contacts when case is created
Hi, I am trying to put in place a workflow rule that is supposed to send an email to the customer whenever a new case has been created. My pb is that it seems I can only send a template email to the Main Contact of the Account and/or the email address associated with the account... Normally the main contact or the email @ associated with the account is more "administrative contact" and I'd like to send to "operational" contact associated with this account. My first idea was to add a custom field for the contacts with a picklist containing "Admin", "...

Toggle button code to insert user response into template
Hello, I've created a User Form to create content for a letter. This is the first time I've ever used VB - I'm a complete Newbie - and I've had a lot of help using an article I found online. I have included toggle buttons in the form and what I would like them to do is insert text into the letter when they're selected, but if they're not selected, then the space where the bookmark is in the letter remains blank. This is the segment of code that concerned the toggle button and what the bookmark was supposed to fill in with: If togPartAwardsText.Value ...

Template for Extimate sheet
Does anyone have a template for estimate sheets for people who are working on bids? My co-worker has been using one that is already made on paper, but not in excel. He orders the form and fills it in with pencil? Can anyone help? ...

Checkbook Register Template
How do you continue entries on the checkbook register template when you come to the end of the downloaded work sheet? If you are talking about the one from Microsoft office templates just select A94:F94, there will be a little black square in the bottom right hand corner, the fill handle, put your mouse on it and it will change to a +, left click on it and drag down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 "stiletto red&q...

Publisher templates #5
I have used a certificate that is no longer on my MS Publisher templates. It had a mortarboard over a globe with sun rays in the center of a yellow background. Where can I find it? Have you tried searching MS's site? Do a search for certificate templates. (I don't know if it's there but that's where I'd start if I were looking for it.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "susanandlouhoule@yahoo.com" <susanandlouhoule@yahoo.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE8AE9CC-6C33-42D2-8F1C-E67A5EC79577@microsoft.com... >I have u...

EXCEL TEMPLATE #7
Hi Expert How to create a macro button to save a data input from a user from one file and then update the record to another file Ex ----File 1--- Name Age Address ---File 2--- the databas Name Age Addres Record record et Thanks ...