When printing, how do I keep a letter-sized document from expandi.

I have set up a landscape, letter-sized document in MS Pbulisher.  But every
time I try and print it, it expands the document to a legal-sized doc.

Please help!!!
0
godovino (1)

Check your printer settings inside Publisher.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"godovino" <godovino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up a landscape, letter-sized document in MS Pbulisher.  But
>every
> time I try and print it, it expands the document to a legal-sized doc.
>
> Please help!!!

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/12/2005 8:19:03 PM
Could be you have the printing preferences setup as legal in the Printers folder.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"godovino" <godovino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up a landscape, letter-sized document in MS Pbulisher.  But every
> time I try and print it, it expands the document to a legal-sized doc.
>
> Please help!!!

0
gsauer (5093)

printing selection
I want to print a selection. I select the proper cells, but there is an extra row that prints at the top. It is always the same row, so perhaps I have it locked in some way. How do I get rid of it? It happens only on this one worksheet. Under Page setup, check the Sheet tab, make sure you don't have a row called out or anything. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Anniel" <Anniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:812F3679-4D1C-487F-B7FB-AEFF39D5A469@microsoft.com... >I want to print a selection. I select the proper cells, but there is an &...

Changing Toolbar Icon Size
Is it possible to change the size of the Icons in the toolbars from VBA Subroutine? Thank you. Like when you do: Tools|customize|Options tab|Check Large Icons? If yes, then: Application.CommandBars.LargeButtons = True But this affects lots of programs -- all of the office suite??? Jack Gillis wrote: > > Is it possible to change the size of the Icons in the toolbars from VBA > Subroutine? > > Thank you. -- Dave Peterson Thank you, Dave. That does it and. yes, I realize the change effects lots but I have a way to handle that. "Dave Peterson" <ec357...

Document Map Format Issue
I have a large document that has about 230 pages in it. As I built the document I would use the document map pane to help manage the document. As the document grew in size, I started to have problems with Document Map. If the Doc Map window was open when I attempted to open the my document, the document map would not contain the proper information with respect to my headings. All text in the doc map window is left justtified and it appears to be randomly including test in the document map that are not designated header styles. If I closed the doc map window then closed word, ...

How can I enarge the font size in a drop-down list?
1. How can I enarge the font size in a drop-down list? 2. How can I prevent someone from changing or deleting the formula in a cell? When I try to protect the cell it prevents the formula from being executed. Formulas still work when protected. If you are using data>validation you cannot change the font, you can use a macro that zooms http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "BobH" <BobH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63E65DE-CFB3-40FA-B1D8-0E576A436885@microsoft.com... > 1. How can I enarge the font size i...

Automatic Date in Word Document
I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an email. I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was sent. I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you. -- valerie The only dates that are available to you are 1. A date that you manually enter into the document 2. The date on which the document was created (by use of the { CREATEDATE } field 3. The date that the document was last saved (by use of the { SAVEDATE } field 4. The date upon which the document was printed ( by use of the { PRINTDATE...

PRINTING COLOR
I CANT GET THE SPREADSHEET TO PRINT COLOR. i HAVE CHANGED PRINTER SETTINGS AND I JUST BACK FILLED A SQUARE AND IT SHOWS ON SCREEN IN COLOR BUT WONT PRINT COLOR Keyboards are cheap. Time for a new keyboard your caps lock is broken and your apostrophe doesn't work. Q320531 -- OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed, Incorrect/missing colors may occur with use of High Contrast under Display tab of Accessibility Options. Colors don't show on monitor. MS KB http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320531 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site chan...

How to print postcards?
Hello. I need to print post cards using publisher ane HP Color laser printer. I have made 6 x 4 size postcard paper .. and been trying to print sample post card from Publisher with no success. When i select sample postcard , and do print preview , part of the post card design seems to be on different page. and when i print the sample , is never in right layout and margin . Was wondering if anyone can tell me what is wrong . Thanks Setup your printer for a 6 x 4 custom size first. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &...

Printing labels, a second blank page is "printing" ?can i stop it
I put artwork for labels and selected the label maker and number that i am printing on. The printer feeds a blank sheet through and then prints on the second sheet each time. In publisher when I look at the document and do a print preview, it only shows the 1 page. What do I need to adjust to be able to print on every page? Now I have to put 20 sheets of labels in the printer to get 10 printed pages and I have to recycle the blank label sheets. ...

Distorted Print Preview in Excel 2007
All of the sudden Print Preview and printing is distorted as compared to the chart as displayed during design. Verticle grid lines are missing and the horizontal axis appears to be log. ...

Excel no longer prints
Can anyone help me reset the print defaults? For some reason excel no longer recognizes my print areas. I have cleared print areas and reset them as well as defining the print area from the page layout view. Help! Can you actually *not print* (which is what the subject of your post states) or are you not able to control printing as you would like? Is this in one specific file or do you have the same problem with all files? What changes might you have made/not made to your system? Did you update OS X or upgrade to Leopard? If so, have you checked the mfr's site for an update to you...

Searching embedded Visio OLEs in Word Document?
Hello - I was told that there is a free add-in from Microsoft that will let you search for text in embedded Visio OLEs in a Word document. I searched around a little bit but could not really find anything. Has anybody heard of something like that (for Office 2003)? Thanks, Joe On Feb 18, 1:02=A0pm, Joe Duchtel <duch...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello - > > I was told that there is a free add-in from Microsoft that will let > you search for text in embedded Visio OLEs in a Word document. =A0I > searched around a little bit but could not really find anything. ...

Anybody using Money with some an archiving system with (paper) document scanning?
Anybody out there using MONEY with some archiving system with (paper) document scanning? I would need it for both accounting-relevant documents and other important documents (But not OCR, and I wont scan "knowledge" stuff). I'm not actually using Money, but I need to somehow connect the scans with Homebank extracts and accounts. So it has to be fairly open, and I guess I will have to use it with Money or Quicken to achieve this? Thanks Mike ...

Keep the exact same workSHEET, in two seperate workBOOKS.
This is probably something really easy, but I don't know how to do it. I currently maintain 2 different worksheets for statistical purposes. 1 for my department, which keeps data on a daily, weekly, fortnightly, and finally yearly (by week) basis. This is MailStats.xls. I also maintain the yearly (by week) version for the other 2 departments, as well as the summaries. This is WorkStats.xls Now, the yearly (by week) sheet is the same in both workbooks. I simply finished off designing WorkStats.xls and copied my departments worksheet (SGIC_GIS) to MailStats as SGIC_GIS_2004. The data goi...

print multiple mail with attachment
Outlook 2000 UK SR-1 Corporate or Workgroup. When selecting multiple mail with some attachment(word, excel) and some with out, the mail with attachments are not always printed together. There is none follow up line in printing. And I know that it became that Word have to start-up or Excel. But is there not a possibility that the mail with the attachment keep together when printing? You might want to take a look at this add-ins for that; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS or a more advanced one http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Auto-Print.asp?Sourc...

Is there any way a macro can be created for various print area selections?
Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a way to have a macro select a print area of a constant width (columns A thru K) but with a variable length. Our MRP system will dump our BOM's into Excel and all of the BOM's vary in the number of rows used. Some can be 3 pages while others will be 15 pages. Currently we have to set up a print area to capture the information we want printed under columns A thru K everytime we go to print a BOM. Please advise, Steve If you hit ctrl-end, do you go way past where you think the data should end? If yes, you could use the techniques at...

Changing paper sizes once project is done
i have a project done in 11 X 17 and i would like to print it in 8.5 X 11 and microsofts advice didn't work. I'm assuming you want to scale down the publication and then print it on 8�x11. You may want to save the original, if so, open the original file, Save it under a new name. The way I would resize the publication: File Page Setup Select 8�x11 This will make your publication oversize. Resize the piece parts as needed. Another method: Open the original file; convert it to an image. I use SnagIt. (There are fee picture taking programs) Use the image in a new 8�x11 f...

Best pratices for mailbox size limit
I have been scouring the Net to find some documentation that would explain Best Practices when it comes to limiting the size of mailboxes, so far I haven't anything in that regard. Is there such a document somewhere out there. My superior is challenging me to prove him why we need to prevent users to have mailboxes with no limits whatsoever. So far our Exchange 2003 server has been running almost flawlessly (well, as flawless as Exch 2k3 can be) but I prefer to be proactive. On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 06:35:18 -0700, Viking <viking_es2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have been scouring t...

How to restrict printing access for users
Hello, I am new to shared databases and was wondering if there was a way to restirct users from printing specific reports? Thanks. You can use User-Level security: Security FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/SECFAQ.EXE Lynn Trapp's summarization: http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/The10Steps.htm KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q165009 http://download.microsoft.com/download/access97/faq1/1/win98/en-us/secfaq.exe http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=325261 Joan Wild's articles: http://www.jmwild.com/security02....

How do I convert a document into the wallpaper on my screen?
I have created a document and want to use it for my wallpaper on my PC. Can anyone tell me the steps? On Dec 3, 9:14=A0am, Red14 <Re...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a document and want to use it for my wallpaper on my PC. C= an > anyone tell me the steps? This has nothing to do with Word -- you do it in Windows -- but Windows seems to require a graphics format and can't use a .doc(x) for that. ...

locking excel documents in a folder
Is it possible to have a folder with numerous excel documents in it; that can be accessed by anyone and modified by anyone, but No-one can remove them from the folder? Regards Hoyt Not an Excel issue......a Windows issue. Start>Help and Support "file and folder permissions" I think you will find that if users have full access to the folder, they have deleting permissions. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:37:02 -0700, hoyt <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to have a folder with numerous excel documents in it; that can >...

Keeping Track of Mortgage Account
Please help me in keeping track of my mortgage account. I have set up an automatic payment for my mortgage which includes the mortgage payment, taxes and insurance. I am able to get Money to track the mortgage principal but I don't know how to keep track of the escrow account balance on a running balance. Please let me know the right way so that I can always see the escrow balance. -- Neil Sorry, using Money 2007 Deluxe -- Neil "Remove ABCD from Email address to reply" <neil154ABCD@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uPXxH8PrHHA.5032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

Letter Writing Assistant Fields
Would like to be able to add other fields other than the menu available in Word. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=57b4ee9b-3cfd-44e1-aad2-0ae86ffd16eb&dg...

Printing 1 of ? pages.
Is it possible to print two copies of the same sheet onto one sheet (A5 onto A4 size) and have each A5 sheet numbered 1 of 2, 2 of 2 even though thy are on one sheet. I can print one sheet at a time numbered 1 of ?, 2 of ? ... up to a number entered in cell I2 using:- Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet_() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount =Range("I2") For CopieNumber = 1 to CopiesCount With ActiveSheet .Range("C12").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount .PrintOut End With Next C...

Print range question
I've made a spreadsheet with several tabs. In this sheet i've selected a certain print range so only the information i need gets printed. But when i try to print the sheet, or on the print preview everything on the sheet gets printed.. I thought that only things inside the print range (visible on the sheet with a thin line), would be printed... Is there a way that i can define wich range only can be printed besides the print range option? I have made this sheet with Excel2007 and converted it to Excel2003. Is there something gone wrong with this conversion? I cannot reproduce this....

Trouble converting from print to web in Publisher
I'm working on a newsletter and need to convert from print to web. When I do so, it converts my first 7 pages perfectly and then within Publisher, I have to create more pages and link the excess text (text overflow) to new text boxes on those pages. Fine, I can do that but then when I save it as an htm file and open it outside of Publisher, it only shows my very first page. Am I doing something wrong here? Please help!! That seems normal, since Publisher only will show your first page in on the HTM file. In order to get to your other pages you need to have a link from the first...