When mail merge, I get this error, Pubmerge "out of memory"

I am trying to mail merge and I get the error  Pubmerge "out of memory"

I am using publisher 97 and Excel 2002
0
r5j4g (3)

Save the data as a CSV (comma delimited), could be a solution. Are your MDAC
components current?

PUB97: How to Obtain Publisher 97 Knowledge Base HTML Help File
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185798/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"r5j4g" <r5j4g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to mail merge and I get the error  Pubmerge "out of memory"
>
> I am using publisher 97 and Excel 2002

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/12/2006 6:58:26 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Save the data as a CSV (comma delimited), could be a solution. Are your MDAC
> components current?
>

> PUB97: How to Obtain Publisher 97 Knowledge Base HTML Help File

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "r5j4g" <r5j4g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to mail merge and I get the error  Pubmerge "out of memory"
> >
> > I am using publisher 97 and Excel 2002

Save the data as a CSV??? (comma delimited), could be a solution.
 MDAC components???

These terms mean nothing to me,  I am more confused than before.  I use the
programs, not write thm.
0
r5j4g (3)
7/12/2006 7:20:02 PM
In Excel, open your data base, save as, scroll down to "CSV". Direct Publisher
to this data base when you merge.

Microsoft Data Access Components - includes ADO, ODBC and OLE DB. In the below
article is a link to the component checker.

How to check for MDAC version
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=301202

Are you using Windows XP?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Save the data as a CSV (comma delimited), could be a solution. Are your MDAC
>> components current?
>>

>> PUB97: How to Obtain Publisher 97 Knowledge Base HTML Help File
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "r5j4g" <r5j4g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to mail merge and I get the error  Pubmerge "out of memory"
>> >
>> > I am using publisher 97 and Excel 2002
>>

> Save the data as a CSV??? (comma delimited), could be a solution.
> MDAC components???
>

> These terms mean nothing to me,  I am more confused than before.  I use the
> programs, not write thm.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/12/2006 8:56:41 PM
I am running XP Pro. THe publisher version is 97. THe Excel version is Office
XP (2002 maybe)

The MDAC is REG_SV 2.81.117.0

I hav esaved the excel file as  .CDV and will try that next.

0
r5j4g (3)

Running out of memory?
How do I increase the file size allocated to my Outlook 2002 emails? If I download, say, 5000 emails I will quickly run out of room in the Outlook file. How do I increase the Outlook file size? Thanks. rush ...

excel 2000 out of memory
How big can a spreadsheet be in excel 2000 ?? I can seam to get over about 70 MB or I get can't open it and save it, I have 512 MB RAM and there is plenty left over when excel runs out of memory ?? Kim Hi Kim see http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com "Kim" <k@lazy.dk> wrote in message news:fD3zb.50506$jf4.2762193@news000.worldonline.dk... > How big can a spreadsheet be in excel 2000 ?? > > I can seam to get over about 70 MB or I get can't open ...

Out of Memory (Error 7) when adding a VBA function
Hi all - WinXP/Access2003/All updates installed/2 GB of memory/Late model Dell PC. I'm getting an unexpected "Out of memory" error when I try to add a new function to a module. Pressing the [Help] button on this error dialog informs me that the error number is “7” and suggests things like: procedures are too complex and the like, but I have built much more complex VB code along with more modules than this in the past. I've been editing the file for some time, adding code for new functions and procedures at will with no trouble. In fact, I’ve been building the file ...

Outlook Error Msg : "Out of memory and system resources"
Hi, using Outlook 2000 on an NT4 machine, it has just began throwing up an error... "Out of memory and system resources" whenever i try to add an attachment to an e-mail. Has anyone ever experienced this before? What did you do to get rid of it? Thanks for any help Andy ...

outlook 2002: out of memory or system resources
I'm getting the following message when I try to print one particular email... outlook 2002: out of memory or system resources I don't get the message when I print other email but one specific email. I'm using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP. Jack ...

Out Of Memory Message
Hi, I have recently taken over responsibility for an application. I have been developing it for a while now and recently a change i made required me to add something to the list of "undos" that the program will do. This was the first time that i had done this. Its reasonably simple stuff, moving something and then undoing it or typing something and then undoing it. When an undo event is created its added to a stack and on some occasions information is saved to a file, which is temporary. Then when you wish to undo an event we run through the stack and pop each at a time....

sending receiving, out of memory
I have two email accounts set up on my Outlook 2002. My default email sends and receives fine. My secondary email seems to receive but not send. I get the following error message. "Task myemail @nospam.com- Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.'" It was working fine up until yesterday. I have not changed anything, it just quit sending. Any help is appreciated...Tom Both POP accounts and Outlook fully patched? I would actually recreate the profile and accounts first....

Out of Memory Error, Error Handling!
Hi, Note1: I currently have a macro that accesses thousands of rows of data in a particular worksheet of the same workbook & generates a summary. Hence, i want to check if there is sufficient memory space (that the m/c would not hang) and then continue to the next line of code. I am checking for "err.number <> 0" at specific points to determine if it is ok to continue and also using "application.cutcopymode = false" where ever applicable. Have i missed out on anything? Is there a specific error number for "out of memory" or something ? Further,...

Money ran out of memory while trying to retreive and display detai
While updating my register based on transactions I downloaded, I get a message that "An error occurred, but Money ran out of memory while trying to retrieve and display details about what happened." And of course all I'm left with is an OK button and I can't complete what I'm doing. I've tried rebooting and running Money with nothing else going on but that doesn't help. I'm running XP and have 512MB of memory. Does anyone have any ideas before I pick up the phone and try tech support? Thanks. Scott wrote: > While updating my register based on tr...

HELP! Outlook 2007: 'Out of memory or system resources' Issue
I am desperately trying to locate Diane Poremsky [MVP] who responded to another user re making a new profile, or another MVP, or anyone that can help with my original post as follows! Diane-- Your suggestion re making a new profile as I have a different issue in that I'm using OL 2007 on Vista Ultimate, not Win 7, & have encountered out of the blue the dreaded 'out of memory or system resources' issue. I saw you respond to someone using Win 7 & had my issue via Google but I couldn't find the thread here. Anyway, can you provide me wth specific stepwise ...

Timeout/Out of memory
We have a CRM implementation with an unusually large number of Resource Groups (more than 10,000) as they are used for both skills and geographical breakup. The problem is that CRM's handliong of this is less than ideal in the System User dialog and whenever a user selected the "Resource Groups" related view or "Serivces" related view we get timeouts followed by an Out of Memory exception which kills the w3wp process. I have discovered from the logging that the system queries each group in the system in turn to see if the user is a member or not, one at a time. Not a...

Ipaq Out Of Memory
I install CRM Mobile, and follow the steps to install the components in my pocket pc (IPAQ HX2490) but when start CRm Mobile client i receive the message Out of memory, unload some programs and try again, i have 64 MB but only 35 MB free, i thins is the operating system, i have a 2 GB SD and install all the components in the SD but i am receiving this error, somebody can help me? Thanks in advance Paul, You have to install all components to the device. If you do not install all components to the device you will get an Out of memory message. I realise the installation process gives yo...

PC runs out of memory when starting up Excel file or running macro #2
When I start up a new Excel file (created using Office 2000 on another PC) it says I do not have enough memory and that data may be lost. Then, it updates the formulas OK but locks up the PC when I use even very simple macros (only three or four lines). I am using Office 97, RAM is 128 MB and I don't know the processor speed but it is an older PC. We have tried having the original version saved in 97-2000 & 5.0/95 format to no avail. We have even tried closing all other programs when using this file but that did not help. the pages at http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm...

Out of Memory or Resources
Dear All: Just to be clear... I'm asking about the computer although there would be some that infer more into the question :-) I'm running 2 gig of ram with Intel duo core cpu. Task Manager shows 423meg being used with 1.6 gig of ram free Outlook 2003 being used. I have three new *.pst files created. I trying to move a email from the inbox in the personal folders to one of the other 3 *.pst files. However, the computer protests and send up the above warning ie out of memory. I've closed one of the new *.pst files and it runs OK. Any clues would be highly appreciated. Best...

Out of memory error
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 on Win XP SP2, all service packs and Office updates. When I am trying to insert attachment to email message (new or reply to received) in RTF format, I receive an error "Out of memory or system resources. Close ...". 1,5 GB RAM in my notebook and no other applications running in the same time. 2GB of free space on my C: drive. When I switch the message format to Plain Text, I am able to insert an attachment. When I switch then back to RTF format, the error is displayed again. Any suggestions? Thanks. Vladimir Wojnar "msnew...

Outlook 2002.Out of memory or system resources
Hi I am running Outlook 2002 (sp3); win xp (sp1); Exchange2k. I get the above error message intermittently when trying to create new emails. All other functionality is unaffected. I exit outlook, and its fine again. Am not using POP3 or pst's - all exchange based. Only happens on 1 client (me!) The 11 articles in MS KB are not relevant to my issue .. Any suggestions? thanks in advance, Johnno Johnno, Clean up your mailbox... foldersize is too big.. move mail to pst's on local hdd and you should be fine... Wrecks "Nik Johnson" <nicholas.johnson((removeThis))@s...

Out of memory #2
I developed a workbook that has some macros for sorting and condensing several sheets to a single sheet in a workbook. When I run it everything works fine, but other get an out of memory error. I'm assuming that this might not be just an Excel issue. The workbook at this point is only 365kb and will only become larger with time. I've been running it from a local drive, other run it from the network. I have no idea where to start with this issue and any input would be appreciated. Thank you. I think that the size of the workbook has nothing to do with the problem. The error...

"Out of memory" error message
I have a userform with a multipage which has 12 pages, each one has around 130 controls. When I try to see the code I receive Out of memory error message and after that another error message: "member not found" If I delete page 12 controls error solves but I need to have even more pages. I don't think I hit the limit for the number of controls in a form. I downloaded a toolbar to be able to check the spent memory in run time and when this userform is running , spent memory is just 1KB! Any help? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Viewing...

SmartHeap library
After some digging around I found that either the FORMS.DIC or the REPORTS.DIC file had become corrupted. Restored these from a backup and all is well again. -- ToddR ...

Can't Open Outlook Note. "Out of memory" message.
I created a Note using "Outlook Notes" that has grown quite large. I recently tried to open it and got the following response: "can't open the item. out of memory or system resources. close some windows and programmes and try again" I tried closing all programmes other than outlook and still get the same message. I have tried sending it to my other e-mail as attachment. I have tried saving it to my desktop. I have tried opening it with Word or some other program and nothing is working. Strangely, I have NO PROBLEM opening other Notes. Someone else asked a...

Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.
OUTLOOK 2000, ERROR MESSAGE: Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. This happens when creating a new email and clicking on the paperclip button on the outlook bar (inserting an file/attchment). I did a search in the knowledge base for Outlook 2000 but it came up with "When attempting to open an encrypted message ...". It's the same error only I'm trying to insert an attachment not open an encrypted message. I've already tried doing a "Detect and Repair" but that's never seemed to work for any issues my Outlook h...

PC runs out of memory when starting up Excel file or running macro
When I start up a new Excel file (created using Office 2000 on another PC) it says I do not have enough memory and that data may be lost. Then, it updates the formulas OK but locks up the PC when I use even very simple macros (only three or four lines). I am using Office 97, RAM is 128 MB and I don't know the processor speed but it is an older PC. We have tried having the original version saved in 97-2000 & 5.0/95 format to no avail. We have even tried closing all other programs when using this file but that did not help. ...

Help out of memory
The problem is with office 2000 specifically outlook and with the outlook bar. On the out look bar there is a hyperlink called my shourtcuts. When I click on it to open it I get this error message Unable to switch to new category. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. I have website saved on it and would like to see them. I have ran detect and repair I have 512 MB of Ram ...

Out of Memory Problem
Dear Sir, I have Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition, it is running in windows server 2003 standard edition server. When I try to send a mail through outlook express/Microsoft Outlook, I get the following error message The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sankar.raja@prdcinfotech.com'. Subject 'Re: Test mail', Account: '192.168.0.200', Server: '192.168.0.200', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 4.3.1 Out of memory', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Err...

Mailmerge Out Of Memory
I have installed Publisher 97 on my new Windows XP PC even though I already have Publisher 2003 on the machine. The reason I installed the old version also was simply because it was taking me a lot longer than I had hoped to master 2003 and there are some old publications which I need from time to time. Everything in 97 works fine on the new machine, except for one item. When I attempt to use MAILMERGE, whether it be OPEN DATA SOURCE or CREATE PUBLISHER ADDRESS LIST, it responds with the same message PUBMERGE - OUT OF MEMORY As I say, everything else works fine. So what have I done w...