What happened to my saved document?

I imported a document from email, proceded to work on it and make changes and
hit the save button a few times while I was making corrections.  I closed out
of publisher and went back a few hours later and now can not find where my
document was saved.
0
Freddy34 (2)

If you remember the file name or any part of it you can do a Search for it.

Start
Files or Folders
All files or folders
All or part of the file name

The Look in box will default to show all drives - don't change

Click "Search"

When you see it in the results window note the path.

Good luck,

--
Don
Vancouver USA

"Freddy34" <Freddy34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I imported a document from email, proceded to work on it and make changes
>and
> hit the save button a few times while I was making corrections.  I closed
> out
> of publisher and went back a few hours later and now can not find where my
> document was saved.

0
Don
2/27/2006 1:51:59 PM
Freddy34 wrote:
> I imported a document from email, proceded to work on it
> and make changes and hit the save button a few times
> while I was making corrections.  I closed out of
> publisher and went back a few hours later and now can not
> find where my document was saved.
==============================
Did you copy the document to your hard
drive before opening it in Publisher?
Maybe it's still in the e-mail message.

If you want it in a new location you would
go to...File / Save As...and choose a folder
on your hard drive..

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
2/27/2006 4:14:42 PM
It may be in your Temp folder. Open the email again and click on Save to see
where it attempts to save it. DON'T save it as you will overwrite your
previous work.
"Freddy34" <Freddy34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I imported a document from email, proceded to work on it and make changes
>and
> hit the save button a few times while I was making corrections.  I closed
> out
> of publisher and went back a few hours later and now can not find where my
> document was saved.

0
Chuck
2/27/2006 4:38:15 PM
It probably is in the temp folder. In Windows Explorer type %temp% in the
address bar. Look for any file that starts with pub, change the .tmp to .pub.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Freddy34 wrote:
>> I imported a document from email, proceded to work on it
>> and make changes and hit the save button a few times
>> while I was making corrections.  I closed out of
>> publisher and went back a few hours later and now can not
>> find where my document was saved.
> ==============================
> Did you copy the document to your hard drive before opening it in Publisher?
> Maybe it's still in the e-mail message.
>
> If you want it in a new location you would
> go to...File / Save As...and choose a folder
> on your hard drive..
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

0
gsauer (5093)
2/27/2006 4:40:26 PM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> It probably is in the temp folder. In Windows Explorer
> type %temp% in the address bar. Look for any file that
> starts with pub, change the .tmp to .pub.
==========================
Hi Mary,

No doubt... you are correct but I did a
test with a .pub file that was attached
to an e-mail message. I opened the
file directly from the e-mail message,
edited it and clicked the Save button.
The document was updated and there
was no dialog about saving the file.

So...if the TIF has been emptied...the
edited file may still be attached to the
e-mail message.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
2/27/2006 5:11:20 PM
Mary,
  I looked in the temp folder and was unable to find any publisher folders.
I did not go through every file in the temp folder, but no of the files had
the publisher logo.  Is it possible that I am doing something wrong or are
there other options?
thanks

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> It probably is in the temp folder. In Windows Explorer type %temp% in the
> address bar. Look for any file that starts with pub, change the .tmp to .pub.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> > Freddy34 wrote:
> >> I imported a document from email, proceded to work on it
> >> and make changes and hit the save button a few times
> >> while I was making corrections.  I closed out of
> >> publisher and went back a few hours later and now can not
> >> find where my document was saved.
> > ==============================
> > Did you copy the document to your hard drive before opening it in Publisher?
> > Maybe it's still in the e-mail message.
> >
> > If you want it in a new location you would
> > go to...File / Save As...and choose a folder
> > on your hard drive..
> >
> > --
> >
> > John Inzer

0
Freddy34 (2)
2/27/2006 7:01:04 PM
Freddy34 <Freddy34@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
>  I looked in the temp folder and was unable to find any publisher
> folders. I did not go through every file in the temp folder, but no
> of the files had the publisher logo.  Is it possible that I am doing
> something wrong or are there other options?

None of the files will have Publisher icons, as they have the extension
..tmp, rather than .pub.  They will not be in separate folders, as Publisher
puts them all in the root of the temp folder.

Use the F3 key on your keyboard to open up the Search pane.  Search for
"pub" (no quotes), and all files containing pub will be presented back to
you.  Saves scrolling through all the files.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

how do I attach multiple Word documents?
I need to attach multiple Word documents into one large document. Many have different headers, so I can't just copy the text into one master document. Would appreciate any help on this. Before you Insert Text (2007: Insert > Object > Text from File), be sure each document you're including has a Section Break New Page both before and after it. After you've built your document, go through the headers/footers to be sure the page nos. are sequenced as you want them. Or use the "boilerplate" macro devised by MVP Graham Mayor. On Feb 10, 10:43=A0am, El...

Printing a document having pictues without the pictures
I have a Word 2000 document consisting of a mixture of text and pictures. The pictures are inserted by means of a link to the picture files. Is it possible to print the document without the pictures (either with or without some text representing the link)? -- Stephen White (whitesr@srgw.demon.co.uk) If you go into Print Options, clear the checkbox for 'Include Drawing Objects' or something similar (I cannot remember as far back as Word 2000). -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Stephen White" <whitesr@srgw.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Saving web form fields in Access DB
Today, if a customer completes a web-based form for training, the form information is submitted via an email to an outlook mailbox. We would like to develop a macro that parses this outlook email content to a Microsoft Access Database. How would one go about this? uh pick up a copy of DreamWeaver and move to SQL Server "sunflower" <sunflower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07B4313C-73E7-4A7F-B65C-6778F72A02DF@microsoft.com... > Today, if a customer completes a web-based form for training, the form > information is submitted via an email to an ou...

Writing Exchange 2003 DR documentation
Hi there, I'm not sure to be in the right group. I will however post my message here. I actually don't have problems with my exchange environment, my question is more disaster recovery oriented. I'm trying to put in place all possible problem scenarios with decision tree to help decision maker.take decisions (in case of disaster). I'm System engineer in the company, and competences are more active directory oriented. However, in my daily job, I support exchange users and I'm "exchange administrator" too. You know, budget restrictions. So, I will as...

Saving a chart as a picture file
Hi everyone. It is possible to save a chart as a picture (*.gif, *.jpg, etc.)? What I've been doing so far is saving the file as a web page, opening the page in internet explorer and then saving the chart as a picture file. However, when I do this the chart is not saved as a large file - this method is also too time consuming, since I am dealing with 70+ charts. Thanks for any help. Fred. I think he wants Walkenbach's chart tools: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm Jon Peltier wrote: > Fred - > > You want VBA's Chart.Export method. Here's...

Blank page prints in between mail merged document
I have a word template and an access database file used to create mass mailings. When completing the mail merge, I edit the mail merge recipients and merge to new document. The first page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom, the second page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom etc. When I print the document a blank page comes out between my letters. In the template there is not a section break at the end of the page. How can I stop the blank pages in between each of my letters? Also, is it possible to then use the same e...

Can't open two Documents with same name !!
Hi: I install Office 97 in WinXP, works good except when I open a excel spreadsheet a windows always opens saying Can't open two Documents with same name. I click ok and everything works OK. How do I stop this warning I get all the time when I first open a Spreadsheet. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has a list of frequently asked questions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqIndex.html This one sounds like yours: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Owen wrote: > > Hi: I install Office 97 in WinXP, works good except when I > open a excel spreadsheet a windows alway...

Gray status boxes -- saving, repagination, ""
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Today I started getting gray rectangular &quot;status boxes&quot; any time I pasted a word. The &quot;Edit&quot; in the Menu would flash every time I pasted a word (Command-v). Then the &quot;status box&quot; would have a horizontal line fill from left to right. <br><br>This new development also has the same type of box for indicating that Word is checking for smart quotes or repaginating a 100 page document. When the show codes option is turned on, the &quot;status box&qu...

Opening a Word Document via a macro
Can anyone provide me with some code for a macro to open a wor document. I have excel2000, and word 2000, running on xp. I have tried what has been suggested previously, something like: Sub WDTest() Dim WD as Object Set WD = CreateObject("Word.Application") WD.Documents.Open "C:\My Documents\WordDoc.Doc" End sub but this has caused me many problems. I get the error message tha "WordDoc.doc" has been locked for editing by me. I have tried it on number of otherwise fine documents (before I run this macro, I coul open them normally) After I have run the macro...

"save" button not requerying as coded
Using Access 2007 I have a form (frmNewFamily) that is opened when a NotInList event is triggered from a subform in a different form (frmAttendance/sfrAttendee). I have a "Save" button on the frmNewFamily that will save the record, close the frmNewFamily and requery the combo boxes on sfrAttendee. I have it working just great, but I want to delete one of the combo boxes. But as soon as I comment out the requery line, the Save button stops functioning properly. It will save the record to the table, but not close the form or requery the combo box. The same thing...

How can that happen?
I use WLM and I have to admit I now quite like it after Outlook Express. I get a lot of clips, stories, pictures and the like, that I wish to send to people on my contacts list. I was told the best way to do it is to use the TO box and set it up for myself, which I did, called Distrubution - and put the contacts all in the BCC box. This worked very well but with 6 hours I received spam messages addresses to Distrubution. My question is - how is this possible? One or more of the people that received your message are having addresses harvested for spam. -- Ron Sommer M...

Merging XML Documents (with ADO.NET?)
I have got 2 XML documents, both of which conform to the same XSD Schema, which define possible optional elements. The 2 XML documents contain 2 disjoint set of XML elements. What is the best, easiest, most efficient way of merging the 2 XML Documents? Can I use DataSet.Merge() facility in ADO.NET?? Any pre-requisites? Any other suggestions? Patrick, Can you provide an example of each XML document? Its not clear to me how the schema can be the same if each XML document has different sets of XML elements. Also, you didn't indicate what you wanted to do after merging the XML ...

Mouse/scrolling issue-Returns to the beginning of the document
Why is it doing it and how can I eliminate it? I am going to go nuts if I cant fix this A Laptop with a touchpad? It is usually an oversensitive touchpad. Try disabling the Touchpad to see if that eliminates the problem. If it does, go into the Touchpad settings and desensitise the pad or disable the 'click' feature. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Brooksy" <Brooksy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1424EEB-C5B5-4AFE-A127-C5F9B3BE03C9@microsoft.com... > Why is it doing it and how can I eliminate it? I am going to go nuts if I &g...

Save As #7
I am running Microsoft Excel 2003, however I've had the same problem since running Excel 2000. Whenever I go to save an excel spreadsheet for the first time, more than 3 directories down, I get the error: "The file cannot be accessed try the following:" followed by a list of options to try, none of which work. Is there a limitation on the length of the directory name recognized in Excel. I don't have this problem with any of my other Microsoft Office applications, solely Excel. Please HELP. P.S. I can move the file to the directory after saving it two or three ...

Word Document can only open half size
When I open a Word document, the window can only open half size. You can not maximum it or enlarge it by dragging the edge. You can not move the whole window either. Please let me know how to make the window full size again! Thanks!! Are you talking about the Window or the representation of the Document, For the latter, you use the Zoom function (In Word 2007, it is a slider at the right hand end of the Status Bar at the bottom of the screen. If it does not appear there, right click on the Status Bar and check the Zoom box. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsg...

Can I save my toolbar
In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with Excel. Thanks in anticipation Ken When you exit Excel the current menu and toolbar setup is always saved (to your XLB file). And it will be restored from the XLB file when you start Excel. If this doesn't help perhaps you can elaborate. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ken" <noone@nowhere> wrote in message news:420b1b44$0$4097$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... | In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my...

changing directory in which Outlook saves attachments
Hi! Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? If yes, how? Thanks for your attention, Andre Laarakker Hello Andre Laarakker, you wrote on Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:43:16 +0200: > Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 > saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? > If yes, how? I am not sure, if [1] works in Outlook 2002 too. If not, please do what in [2] is described. [1] http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;25273...

Asking to save for new entries thorugh SDK
I'm uploading some invoices through a program in c#, but when the user opens the invoice, it asks to save it. Once you do it, it doesn't ask again. I was looking at the record in the InvoiceBase table and looks like the record was not changed. The fields that I use in the invoice are: + name + description + customerid + ownerid and other custom fields. Any idea if any other field must be initialized. It happens the same with the invoice detail, for it I upload: +description + productdescription + actualdeliveryon + quantity + priceperunit (equals 0) + ispriceoverridden (equals 1...

Check if a form has changed since it was last saved
I am developing an application using an ms access front end and a visual foxpro 8 backend. The application uses adodb connections to add/ update/edit data in the back end database. When a user clicks the save button on main data capture form the user input is programmatically inserted into a new record or an existing record is updated by creating SQL INSERT INTO or UPDATE statements on the fly. I was wondering if anyone knew of an efficient way of coding a mechanism to check if the form had changed since the save button was last pressed. I guess this can be achieved by capturing the On Chan...

printing the saved date/time
is the a field code or something to print the save date in a footer i.e there is a field code for the current date in excel &[date], but i would like it to be the last date it was saved thanks in advance!!! You need VBA to do this If you copy this in the ThisWorkbook module it will print the Last Save Time in the RightFooter of every sheet you print Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Last Saved : " & _ ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDoc...

Allowing and Saving Data in Form Fields
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a Word document with form fields that is password protected. When I saved the document, I selected &quot;Track Forms&quot;. However, my recipient is unable to save the data they input into the form field. How do I allow this? I am not quite sure what you are doing, because your terminology does not exactly match what I see in Word. I suspect the issue is that the document must be protected for forms to enable the form fields. If the document is not protected for forms, the user cann...

What, Why three areas to save code
Hi My questions relate to the "Why", "Where" and "What" type of macro code should be stored in (I believe 3 places) that Excel has. 1. in the worksheet. 2. in a module/s. 3. in the Personal.xls. I understand the reasons for the No.3. Personal.xls is opened but hidden at Excel Start-up. This allows the user to add a command button to a toolbar to carry out a specific task on any workbook opened and call up any procedure within Personal.xls. Could someone explain the "Why", "Where" and "What" of the other two places; What was e...

Denying local saves of spreadsheets...
I have a question on the possibility of denying a server residing spreadsheet from being saved on a client computer. While the data in ? has been write potected, and, therefore, altered versions cannot be sent back to the server from a user, I am wondering if there is some way (Perhaps an Excel Macro?) to deny the user saving this spreadsheet to his machine. I welcome any help on this matter, and thank you in advance. In article <E8A6111D-5956-4B5F-9F97-C3B92CD9B97A@microsoft.com>, proy4 @csc.com says... > I have a question on the possibility of denying a server residing spread...

Unofficial Daylight Saving Time Workaround for Entourage X
Office 2004 was updated for the DST changes (11.3.3) however, Office X will not be updated by Microsoft. Officially, Office X has reached the end of it's life-cycle. Support for Entourage X ended January 9, 2007. A workaround for the DST change has been provided by a group of anonymous contributors in the Entourage Mac community for Entourage X. It is provided "as is" with no warranties or support. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/articles/unofficial_dst_workaround.html> This is a workaround not a fix. Any questions about using the workaround should be addressed on the mi...

Forcing downloaded Word documents to open at 'page width'
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I get dozens of emails each day with Word documents attached. Anything I can do to reduce the number of mouse clicks I need to do, to get them in to a form I can read, would be a big benefit. <br><br>Is there a way of forcing the documents to open in print layout 'page width'? Usually they open up at 100%, which is too small to read. Word documents open at the Zoom & View that was in use when they were last saved. There is nothing within the program you can do to "force" them...