Web Publishing in version 2002

I can' t seem to publish my site to the web with this version of Publisher.
The assistant keeps suggesting that I should go to file and choose Save as
Web Page on the File menu, but no such wording exists in my file menu. How do
I remedy this problem?
0
mtmrclss (2)

File, click "Convert to Web Publication."

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"mtmrclss" <mtmrclss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can' t seem to publish my site to the web with this version of Publisher.
> The assistant keeps suggesting that I should go to file and choose Save as
> Web Page on the File menu, but no such wording exists in my file menu. How do
> I remedy this problem?

0
gsauer (5093)
3/12/2005 9:19:15 AM
Go to Help, About Publisher and check the version.
If it reads 2002 SP1 (or SP2 or SP3)
(preferably it is SP3 ;-)
then the File menu will be "export as web page".

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
http://www.publishermvps.com
http://www.davidbartosik.com

"mtmrclss" <mtmrclss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can' t seem to publish my site to the web with this version of Publisher.
> The assistant keeps suggesting that I should go to file and choose Save as
> Web Page on the File menu, but no such wording exists in my file menu. How
> do
> I remedy this problem?

Publisher 2003 websites problem when uploaded using Frontpage 2003
I work for a special school in the uk, we have a school website created and maintained using frontpage 2003. We have the children produce simple webpages using publisher 2003, these are then saved as an htm webpage, producing an .htm file and a folder containing images. When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the text but all the images are missing - Front page can not see the folders and does not FTP them, only the .htm files. Can any one help? AdamS wrote: > When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the > text but all...

Is Word or Publisher best for posting a book to the web?
I am preparing a genealogy book for the web. The book has many pictures and is also text intensive. Which is best for posting to the web? What do you mean "posting"...for downloading? for viewing? "Marie Peer" <Marie Peer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C38165D-FAEF-4C53-B312-9E99C74BE693@microsoft.com... |I am preparing a genealogy book for the web. The book has many pictures and | is also text intensive. Which is best for posting to the web? I'm such a novice! I've not thought about that. If allowing both is not terrificall...

Embedding images in Publisher
Hello, I have pasted my resume document in Publisher. I added some images and then some text in front of the images. I then turned it into a PDF. I thought that the images were embedded, but when I go to a different computer and open the PDF, the text and images are not coming up, but look like blurs. This must mean I did not embed them accurately in Publisher, right? I use Publisher 2007. How can correct this? Thanks, Sandra What are you using to create the pdf file? Give primopdf (free) or PDF-XChange ($) a try to see if better results are attainable. www.primopdf.com ...

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...

Deleting messages in Outlook 2002
What settings do I need to change in my Outlook in odrer to actually delete a message rather than just cross it over? Happens with my IMAP folder. Thanks yaro <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:4b3e1171-438a-40c9-8fdb-e5699bad5d5e@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > What settings do I need to change in my Outlook in odrer to actually > delete a message rather than just cross it over? Happens with my IMAP > folder. > Thanks > yaro That's normal behaviour with an IMAP account - I don't think you can change it. yaro137@googlemail.com <yaro137@goo...

Are there any design sets in Publisher for printing in landscape
I am having to produce a brochure which for Excel insert reasons will have to be produced for printing in landscape format. It would appear from perusing the Microsoft standard design sets that they are all in portrait. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find landscape ones,or, is there any way of changing those already in the programme to landscape? All the brochures templates are landscape. Click publications for print rather than design sets; although the brochures within the design sets are landscaped. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to sta
Several error messages in the System event log as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 5/12/2004 Time: 3:18:56 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM01 Description: The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to start due to the following error: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Hi Brian I have had same hassle at one of ou...

Web Services Javascript
I've used the code to generate a webservices callout through Javascript from the Stunnware site successfully multiple times and it works great (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=jswebservice). I am now trying to modify this code to generate for CRM Live. As I understand it, you have to place a piece of code for login credentials. Has anyone given this a try before? Managed to resolve this issue. You have to change the authentication type from a 0 to 1. "@VGroupby1" wrote: > I've used the code to generate a webservices callout through Javascript from ...

Logos , business cards, flyers , media kits, web optimization, website design
BIG MARKETING FOR SMALL BUSINESS High impact, affordable marketing for your business is finally within reach. Welcome to Ritty in the City. We're a full service print design, internet developer and marketing studio that caters to small and medium sized businesses. But we do it with a twist. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Ritty.in.the.City.954-749-4308/coupons At Ritty in the City, we believe marketing is not about how big your budget is, it's about wanting to grow your business without betting the farm. That's why we do not charge retainers, lock you into long contracts, ...

Send/receive, operation failed message outlook 2002
Hi, I am receiving a message stating operation failed, with my 0utlook 2002 pro. When I go to tools, send/receive, and click on my account, I can send and recieve, but I cannot do it from clicking on the send/receive on the toolbar, and the auto send/receive does not work. My email settings are set up correctly, as I can receive my test emails. I tried repairing and uninstall/reinstalling outlook, but it did not fix it. Thanks! See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Comments from Word 2002 to 2007
We have a large number of templates written in Word 2002, most of which have comment balloons associated with them. We are in the process of converting these templates to Word 2007. Would it be fair of me to assume we could just copy the text of these comments to the new comments in our converted templates? Would there be any corruption? Or do we need to type out the comments letter by letter to avoid any corruption issues. There are differing opinions in our department on how to proceed. Hoping for some clarification from the helpful folks here. Thanks Well, Word 2007 a...

Expression Web Birthday Giveaway
Expression Web Birthday Giveaway http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html What's up for grabs? First Prize - Microsoft Expression Web 3.0 x 1 Second Prize - Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook v2.0 x 2 Third Prize - Expression Web Tips vol l & ll Ebooks x 3 What do I have to do to enter the drawing? Answer a mini interview about Microsoft Expression Web (or FrontPage or SharePoint Designer 2007 if you have those) When does it start and end? 20th - 30th November What if I don't have expression web? You are in luck -...

Email open underneath Outlook (2002) window
When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, but places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this new window to open on top of the Outlook window? see if updating your display drivers helps. "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636AB801-7D0D-46C8-B6D9-3F891C25B8A8@microsoft.com... > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, > but > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this > new window to open on ...

outlook 2002 #55
Help please. When I open outlook 2002 and click on an email header, it takes a long time, approximately 6 seconds for the email message to show up. When you go to the next email, it does the same thing. If I reboot my system, it is okay for a while but then starts all over again. Thanks Try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:024701c3a...

Web Navigator Buttons
How do I change the navigator button at the bottom of my webpage from "blank" to the name I gave the new button. I have changed its name in "Modify Link" but that does not seem to work. Thanks! Please repost your question to the web group: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and include the version of Publisher your are using, along with the URL of your website. DavidF "Emcee" <Emcee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ACF387E-E2C1-4FCE-9FD5-EA75D6BEF950@microsoft.com... > How do I change the navigator button at the bottom of my we...

Business domain vs. Public (free web email domains)
Business domain vs. Public (free web email domains) I am in search of some documents that detail on why a business (corporation) should block its exchange users from email from their business domain accounts (@mybusiness.com) to public email entities using @yahoo.com, @hotmail, @freeemail.com and so forth you can use Recipient Filtering... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html -- "Mr. Backup" wrote: > Business domain vs. Public (free web email domains) > > > > I am in search of some documents that detail on why a busine...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Outlook Web Access #23
Can somebody help me with this problem. We are running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 and also using Outlook Web Aecces. However, in Outlook Web Access, we can read emails, but when we try to reply, the screen closes out and does not give the chance to do so. Is there a fix for this. Thanks. ----- Someone wrote: ---- Can somebody help me with this problem We are running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 and also using Outlook Web Aecces. However, in Outlook Web Access, we can read emails, but when we try to reply, the screen closes out and does not give the chance to...

Money 2002 Error 1606 after XP SP2
Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Blackstone wrote: >Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every >time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error >message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix >this? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315352 helps. I get the same problem. When ever I start up my computer, I get an error message about Money 2002 not...

Publisher File as a Desktop
Is it possible to use a Publisher file, say a calendar, as a desktop for a PC? If so, how? Thanks. Create the calendar and save it as a .jpg. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "CalsLib" <CalsLib@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCE1BC5D-1A61-482B-B468-6234D400CBF1@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to use a Publisher file, say a calendar, as a desktop for a > PC? If so, how? > > Thanks. CalsLib wrote: > Is it possible to use a Publisher file, say a calendar, as a desktop for a > PC? If so, how? > > Thanks. I do...

Another Publisher 12 FYI
Many of you have seen the new interface for Office 12: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/sep05/09-13OfficeUI.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/features/2005/09-13Office12-Word_lg.jpg http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/features/2005/09-13Office12-PPT_lg.jpg http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/features/2005/09-13Office12-Access_lg.jpg However, Publisher 12 will not be one of the Office applications receiving the new interface. Instead of the UI, the Publisher team focused on adding more requested features and improvements...requested by YOU, the c...

Publisher 2002 #32
Every time I try to insert a piece of clip art my Publisher freezes. I have Publisher via Windows XP Small Business. I have taken it off the computer and reinstalled it, both partially and complete. It doesn't help. SP 2 and (I think) SP 3 are installed -- I'm stuck -- any suggestions? Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "joe jon" <u17599@uwe> wrote in message news:5a482ac427830@uwe... > Every t...

outlook 2002 #88
outlook freezes at 75% when it starts processing incoming mail ...

Excel Charts blurred when rendered to web
Hi. I am publishing a larhge number of graphs to a web page from XL2000 using the save as web page functionality. Some of the graphs are comming through as soft / blurred gifs. This appears to be random, as different charts are affected each month. Has anyone got any ideas of where to look for the solution?? I have played around with the Resolutions, pixel setting etc. I am currently using 1024x768 and 120ppi many thanks Murray Murray - The fuzzy images aren't JPGs, are they? JPGs can have a degraded appearance near sharp color transitions. Are the pictures displayed i...

How do I delete a member from the Members web part in Sharepoint?
-- ChrisC ...