web preview not same as publisher view

Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with
Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling
within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as
seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6)  On a totally blank (wide setting)
webpage,  using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold)
I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with
all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line   Whereas the
text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web Preview whilst the
box size was unchanged,  there was a large gap between the text and the right
and bottom margins of the box.  This surely suggests a serious problem with
either line spacing, text size or margin setting.  This problem could NOT be
reproduced in Publisher 2000.  3 questions - Have I got some settings wrong,
and if not, why can't Microsoft resolve this problem and what is so
drastically different between 2000 and later Publisher versions that can
cause this problem, which makes laying out pages accurately virtually
impossible.

Xml web services step by step tutorial
Hi all, I am a newbie for web service and i would like to develop the web service directory like uddi or strikeiron.com based on the web service technology. COuld any one show me step by step to do so, what i really need to know and how to do so. THank you so much. A really great book is Professional ASP.NET Web Services with VB.Net by Wrox "Popoxinhxan" <Popoxinhxan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E99E9635-D5A1-42A7-B8F0-6139356E98E1@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I am a newbie for web service and i would like to develop the web service directory like ...

publisher for mac
Hello, I have a Windows user that uses Microsoft Publisher 2000. She needs to share her Publisher files with a Mac user. I was told by our vendor to purchase Office 2004 for Mac, but when I installed it I noticed there was no Publisher for the Macintosh. Is it possible to install Publisher on a Mac or is there another program I can use to allow the Mac to open Publisher files. Thanks for your help. In article <1105460732.155605.210070@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, phisig908@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a Windows user that uses Microsoft Publisher 2000. She needs to > share her ...

How do I add musical score (adding my own notes) to publisher
The intention is to add trebel or base musical score to MS Publisher brochure and be able to add notes to it, i.e. I wish to reproduce a hymn in a church bulletin. SB wrote: > The intention is to add trebel or base musical score to MS Publisher brochure > and be able to add notes to it, i.e. I wish to reproduce a hymn in a church > bulletin. Microsoft Publisher is not a scorewriting program. Technically, you could put in some ClipArt musical notes or WordArt/text if you have the fonts available, but you would be much better off using a dedicated scorewriter and then exporting...

How to view email address for a cc address, from emails I receive
My old outlook express would show me the email addresses, but I can't figure out how to do it in Outlook. "Linda Mellin" <Linda Mellin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F06BF4BB-3A27-4326-9A2B-7B0E01903592@microsoft.com... > My old outlook express would show me the email addresses, but I can't figure > out how to do it in Outlook. Double-click on the entry in the Cc field to see the address. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

numbering tickets Publisher 2003
I am designing an event ticket and I need to have them numbered from 0001 to 1000. How can I do this with out numbering each? Please Email me at VC8454@MSN.COM "phil" <phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70C531FC-E22D-4378-890E-DBF77BD89214@microsoft.com... > I am designing an event ticket and I need to have them numbered from 0001 > to > 1000. > > How can I do this with out numbering each? > > Please Email me at VC8454@MSN.COM Review help for mail merge. Create a mail merge document and an Excel file with the...

files & icons always in "details" type view
Hello: I've created some folders in the desktop, and put inside shortcuts to programs that I use mostly. Although I always choose view --> icons, at each startup shortcuts re-appears in "details" view mode. I checked in "folder options", "Remember each folder's view settings" is checked, so what's the problem? thank you Maurice ...

Online Publisher Help
Since the Office button does not appear in the Publisher 2007 interface, someone needs to change your "Save" file information in your online help for the Publisher SAVE function. I found it by trying to change the default Publisher file directory/folder, which apparently cannot be done (why was this removed for 2007 from earlier versions? It doesn't make sense since it save time!!!) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in ...

Publisher files stop responding taking full resources of sysem.
While trying to open the copied version of the technical- manual, the system stops responding and shows up exhausting most of the system resources. the error that occurs occasionally is Error:-> System is not responding. The same does not happen with the original copy of the manual which works fine. Both of these contain some text and some graphics and the second one (copy) is having a few more graphics. It happens everytime when I create Publication of such kind and then save as another copy of it. The problem only occurs with the copied version. Please help as it just do...

open a published PDF file with a non PDF assigned application
Hi, I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with an application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific application for PDF files? Thanks Talyas On May 27, 3:48=A0am, Talyas <Tal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with = an > application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. > > Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific > app...

Viewing schedule details
We have upgraded from Novell Groupwise to Exchange and Outlook. I have figured out how to look at other's schedules, but noticed that details about the scheduled time is not currently available. For instance if I place in my calender an item that states that I am away in California on business Monday and Tuesday, when someone looks at my schedule all they'll see is that I am out of the office. Is there a way, through Exchange rights or whatever, to allow people to see the detail for a calendar item? Thanks for the info! ...

NET Client calling Axis web service
I have a Net 2.0 client (C# Winform) calling an Axis web service. I can authenticate, and send a request that is accepted and responded to, but I cannot see the response. The return for the call to the webservice is an object. Looking at the SOAP message that comes in, I can see the response. However when I assign the response to instance of the object, the result is null. Example: 1. WorkRequestServiceImplService myRequest = new WorkRequestServiceImplService(); 2. WorkRequestTO workRequest = new WorkRequestTO(); 3. WorkRequestStatusTO workRequestStatus = new WorkRequestStatusTO(); ...

Outline view becomes corrupted
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work in Outline view quite a bit when drafting documents. In Word 2008 12.2.3 (091001) running on a MacBook Pro 13&quot; Unibody with 10.5.8, if I scroll up and down through a document in Outline view, the symbols on the left that denote paragraphs and subheaders end up not redrawing correctly. Occasionally, text will also overlap itself and Ive also seen behavior where it appears that Word this my cursor focus is actually several lines up from where the appearance of the pointer or cursor is on the screen. <...

How to design a ticket in Publisher with incrementing numbers?
I want to design a ticket in MS Publisher that I can print several to a page with incrementing numbers. Thanks. Do you have pre-perforated stock? Templates here for Word and Works, they can be adapted to Publisher. http://www.nashua.com/tmplts.html I have a template on my web page, scroll way down below George Washington. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm You will have to use mail merge to get consecutive numbers on your tickets. http://msauer.mvps.org/misc.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://offi...

Word vs. Publisher
I routinely work in Publisher to produce a monthly report. The end product is great, but I was considering a more user-friendly program to produce the report in, such as Word, to make it easier on my colleagues in my absence. Training someone new on Publisher or obtaining Word 2007 is not possible at this time; limited resurces preclude these options. Any ideas how I can make optimal use of Word 2003 to produe a report as rich as I can with Publisher, with a minimum of "moving parts" (making it easy for anyone on staff to use with a minimum training curve)? Thanks Without k...

Viewing the whole path and not the fomula
Dear all i am using office 2003 in excel i have in one sheet a link from another file. in the second sheet i have link with different file and in the third sheet i am adding the two cell. On the formula bar i am viewing the path of the files added and not the A1+A2. There is any problem with the options? Thanks in advance Manos ...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....

Tab key press does not work when MS flex grid presend on CFormView Based views
When dynamically create a MS Flex Grid based grid control on a CFormView based view in MFC application, tab will stop working after one press which will put the last columns header of the grid control in focus and you could not tab anymore. You have to move the carrot to another control on the view manually using mouse, then the tab will start working again. This only happens with the .NET VS 2003 and 2005 compiler. Hi Dennis, I have performed some tests on this issue and could repro the problem in our side. In VS2003 and VS2005, if the MSFlexGrid control created dynamically withi...

I cannot select any text or elements on my page in Publisher 2007
When trying to select text elements and graphic elements on a page of a multi page document, I am unable to select anything although I have been editing the document previously. Can the file be locked in any way You may have a border around the pages that sits in front preventing your selecting the objects. You can send the border to the back. Open the "Graphics Manager" in the Tools menu. Use the drop down to select the pictures. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bluesea124" <Bluesea124@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1CE9B5A-D171-40B9...

Publisher vs Word 2002
I am currently using Word 2002 to make up facsimile copies of old catalogs. These are mostly graphics and can bee from 15-150 pages. The documens are big, 200MB and larger, but are very simple in design, usually just one bif image per page, sometimes with headers and footers.. I need the ability to have headers and footers, sometimes with page numbers. Would I benefit by moving to Publisher? If so, in what ways? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from JB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am currently using Word 2002 to make up...

Using publisher 2007, how do I reformat a PUB flyer to jpg format
I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA File, save as, Files of type, scroll down to the .jpg options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Gil Rosoff" <Gil Rosoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B70E8398-1BD2-44A2-AF3E-20DB8D7A646C@microsoft.com... >I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. > Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA Why use a .jpg? Why not a .pdf? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dum...

fail when try to select field from an entity view
Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM Server. Can somone help to find an explaination. I should mention that even when I open a session from a client machine I use the administrator credentials Thanks in advance Try adding about:blank to the trusted sites in IE and check. HTH, Niths "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote: > Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main > viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM >...

Share a Calendar using WEB CLIENT

how can i print a preview of a right hand page
In a publisher document I want to print preview a right hand page, but all I can preview are left hand pages Are you trying to print or simply wanting to view? What version Publisher are you using? How do you have your publication setup? If you just want a preview in 2007... File, print, type the page number, print preview. You can cancel out of this screen. Do you have the page sorter status bar on the bottom of your screen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fiona farthingale" <fiona farthingale@disc...

MS Publisher/mail merge
I am running office 2000 and WINDOWS 98, and Publcisher 2000, When I tried to run mail merge, I receive a response "Cannot continue mail merge" and the insert field codes from files does not come up. I have tried to reload Publisher 2000 to repair the files (assuming that this was the problem) and I have tried to match the problem against the help available for this topic on the Microsoft site. I am completely stymied. I have used this software for the last five years and never have had a problem merging from WOrd files into Merged documents on Publisher. questions: 1. Is it a gl...

Help with publishing an initial calendar view
Hoping that someone can offer some advice on this. I've created several calendars in my public folders. I'd like to force the default view on each of the calendars to an custom 8 day (day/week/month) view that I've created. When I create the view, I don't seem to be able to publish it so that I can set the initial view in the folder properties. Is it not possible to publish custom calendar views? Thanks for an any advice. PS, I have publishing rights as I've often created and published views for other public folders. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...