Visual file pages

Please will someone help me.   I have Publisher 2000
which I've been using without problem since purchase.  I
now find from last week that files including more than
one page, which normally display individual boxes with
numbers in at the bottom of the screen, no longer appear -
the boxes, that is.   The files are in tact, but the only
ones I can edit are those with linked text boxes, by
using the link.  Anything unlinked in the document can't
accessed.  I am normally able to choose whichever page I
want from the display at the bottom of the screen, edit
it, or view as to selection for printing, or any other
usage, but I'm not able to do this now.

I have used Publisher from it's birth, but mainly as a
wizard for newsletters, or word processing so know very
little of it's capabilities.  I "discovered" the "repair"
option a few minutes ago and put it into action.
However, this hasn't resolved the problem.  The files are
definitely intact as I'm able to print them out fully,
whether linked pages or not.

Anyone able to solve this problem please?
0
anonymous (74722)

Pretty long question for a pretty short answer...

View menu, Toolbars, Status bar.

--
David Bartosik - MS MVP
for Publisher help:

"Deedee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please will someone help me.   I have Publisher 2000
> which I've been using without problem since purchase.  I
> now find from last week that files including more than
> one page, which normally display individual boxes with
> numbers in at the bottom of the screen, no longer appear -
> the boxes, that is.   The files are in tact, but the only
> ones I can edit are those with linked text boxes, by
> using the link.  Anything unlinked in the document can't
> accessed.  I am normally able to choose whichever page I
> want from the display at the bottom of the screen, edit
> it, or view as to selection for printing, or any other
> usage, but I'm not able to do this now.
>
> I have used Publisher from it's birth, but mainly as a
> wizard for newsletters, or word processing so know very
> little of it's capabilities.  I "discovered" the "repair"
> option a few minutes ago and put it into action.
> However, this hasn't resolved the problem.  The files are
> definitely intact as I'm able to print them out fully,
> whether linked pages or not.
>
> Anyone able to solve this problem please?

0
dbartosik (185)

I have an older version 98 file and would like to open with P-2000
I have a file that was sent to me that I think was saved with Publisher 98 and I am using Publisher 2000, how can I open this file to view it? Thank you for your help Publisher 2000 will open 98 Publisher files. Your sender probably has sent you a 2002 or 03 file. Have your sender save the file as 98 and re-send. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sabrina" <Sabrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F1D557A-0650-4F91-80C5-783F8853676F@microsoft.com... >I have a file that was sent to m...

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

Continuous Pages
I created a simple report that has a Report Header, Detail and Report Footer section. My report should only be 1 page but it goes on continuously to no end. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? The page is formatted on a 8.5 x 11 page landscaped. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. In the report properties change from continuous to page report and set ForceNewPage (right click on the body of the report) to after section. "BBAL20" wrote: > I created a simple report that has a Report Header, Detail and Report Footer > section. My report should o...

How to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument
Hello, I have to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument. <Company> < Employee EID=3D=94111=94 Description=3D=94 xyz=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Abhijit </FirstName> <LastName> Babar </LastName> </Dept> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D20=94> <FirstName> Sahine </FirstName> <LastName> Ghavane </LastName> </Dept> </Employee> < Employee EID=3D=94222=94 Description=3D=94 abc=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Swapnil </FirstName> ...

Database Files Directory
Hello everyone, I have created a database and everything is working fine. I just would like to access directory contents and displayed then in a form. For example I have records that I have saved/scan to a particular directory now I would like to see then on the bottom of the form. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance, JM See: List files recursively - List files in a folder and subfolders at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than...

Publisher installer runs when I try to open a pdf file
I have installed and are successfully running Publisher 2003. I also have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 installed. When I try to open a pdf file, the Publisher installer runs and is trying to reinstall publisher. Any ideas? Thanks -- LS Do you have all the updates for Publisher? Office has two service packs. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=4289AE77-4CBA-4A75-86F3-9FF96F68E491 Have you updated Acrobat to 6.0.4? http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows Have you tried a detect and repair on both these products? --...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

maintenance plan log files
hi, After I moved sqlagent logs to another drive (Right click Error Logs - > Configure -> change path), I found the Maintenance plans logs can't be generated any more. The job itseld on the job history runs successfully but if I right click maintenance plan-> view history-> show steps and I will see the red error: "Access to the path 'C:\ \Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server\\MSSQL.1\\MSSQL\\LOG\ \Log_Backup_Subplan_1_20100301134505.txt' is denied." The path shows the old one. So it seems that I need to change the Maintenance plan log file location ...

How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files

File SaveAs
I perform a file save as in the workbook but when I do this I the original file is no longer open. This causes me to manully reopen the original file. I would like the original file to remain open even during or after the new workbook is created. Any ideas....thank you. My current code is below: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="WHLS Oversight Rpt " & Format(Date, "mmddyy") & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlExcel8, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _ CreateBackup:=False Ap...

Movie Maker file with Nero
can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If so, how? -- Charlie Charlie wrote: > can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If > so, how? ========================================= I guess you know this is off topic for this newsgroup? Anyway...I saved the following info from a previous message..it might be worth a try. ===== Save your slideshow in WMM as DV-AVI file. How do I save my movie as a DV-AVI file in Movie Maker? http://tinyurl.com/8ktlw Then open Nero, click on make DVD Video, click on add file, call up your DV-AVI file, make your opening ...

how to enable sending of .exe file
By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how to disable it? On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Its an Outlook issue, not an exchange one. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm#ol2002 On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Exchange...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...

Excel 2007 Page numbering
Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with one (1) until ....? Thank you in advance for your help. Do you mean consecutive page numbers when printing more than one worksheet? Select the sheets to print using CTRL + click or Shift + click Then set up the header or footer with &[Page] The selected sheets will print consecutively page-numbered. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:09:01 -0800, Dottie <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with >one (1)...

Page set up
Is there any way to repeat a row at the BOTTOM of every page (Opposite to repeat row at top). No. This feature is not in the program specifications of Microsoft Excel. ----- Ranjit wrote: ----- Is there any way to repeat a row at the BOTTOM of every page (Opposite to repeat row at top). ...

finding where a file is stored
2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? What do mean by 'now it doesn't...' Nothing has changed... Anyway use this in any cell =CELL("filename",A1) to see the complet path and file name "Catherine" wrote: > 2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it > doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? Thank you for your time. Perhaps I was mistaken about the version. I used to be able to go to Save-As, an...

Opening Pub 2003 Files in Pub 2000
I created a booklet in Publisher 2003 for my sons school. Put the file on disk for them and they can not open the file. They have Publisher 2000. The school will need to edit the file. What can we do so they will be able to open and edit the file? Not a good idea but... File Save As and change the file type. Your file size will grow and may not be the same as what you've created. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tntsmith4322" <tntsmith4322@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FACCB1E-D42D-43F7-99C8-452AECA6D992@microsoft.com... >...

URGENT : Bug in XLS budget file
I have a multi-tab budget worksheet. I run XLS03, no macro. Now, after opening the file, when I enter a number in a cell in one of the tab, the number appears on the other tabs at exactely the same cell location. It happens on 4 tabs out of 8 in total. It's like all 4 tabs are the same sheet but no links exist between them, at least not where I enter the numbers. (links exists in other cells). It simply overwrite the other cells. But all 4 tabs have initially the right numbers and formula in them. I've tried to save the file under another name, open the file on a colleague PC r...

Merging html files
Hi I need to merge outlook signature and stationery files to create one html file for mail shot from within Access via outlook. Is there code sample somewhere that demonstrates how to merge the two signature and stationery html files into one? Many Thanks Regards ...

Same .pst Files Looks Different on other PC
Hello, I have a weird problem. I have a small network at home with 1 desktop and 1 (wireless) laptop. I have installed MS Office XP on both computer including all the servicepacks and updates (both Outlook version numbers 10.4712.4219 SP-2). I share my document folder which is on the desktop, so I can access it through the laptop. When I open the .pst file on my laptop, Outlook handles the full-day appointments differently. It moves them up one hour, i.e. makes the appointments start at 23.00 hours the night before (and then they last till 23.00 hours on the right day). When I double-click th...

How can I print the properties for PowerPoint files?
-- Sue If you posted this in the PowerPoint newsgroup, someone may be able to help you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B50A8B7F-C8EC-4095-96B6-9147817D9907@microsoft.com... > > -- > Sue ...

MC FILES
Hi, i have an mc file containing text in english and korean languages.I have changed my System Locale to Korean and my OS is Windows 2000(English).When i compiled this mc file i am getting all the string ids in .h file.So i was not able to access these ids using FindResourceEx() as it is searching the string table for the ids and my other language id is in .h file.How can i make this fucntion to search in .h file also?Or Is there any other way where i can copy the string ids to string table -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. You are confused. There is not a single .h file...

Help with transforming file

sending attachment .mdb files by Access
Error message: Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment: *.mdb where * is the name of file. I get this message when I try to send a db I am working on to a colleague. The email shows the paperclip icon in my sent box but no attachment is there. I note that Outlook help says that .mdb are level 1 security items and cannot be opened. Is there a work around for this? Jack Hume http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jack Hume&qu...