Vista and microsoft publisher 2002

Hi, Can anyone tell me if I can use Microsoft publisher 98 or 2002 with Vista
without any compatibility problems? Thanks!

I use them both with Vista, you may have Clip Gallery problems. I'm not sure if
Office 2007 broke the Gallery or the Office 2007 Beta broke the Gallery. It
certainly wasn't Vista since I installed Vista after I installed Office.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"volleyvet10" <volleyvet10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Can anyone tell me if I can use Microsoft publisher 98 or 2002 with Vista
> without any compatibility problems? Thanks!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Microsoft Money 2006
Somehow, I seem to have lost the "Amount" column when I go to the Payee section. The only columns I have now are: Num Date Category Req assist on how to reactivate the "Amount" column in the Payee section. Thanks! ...

publish web page
Hi All, I am doing a project where i need to publish excel sheets as web pages.I am using excel 2000.The excel sheets have hyperlinks to open appropriate files.I have the following problems. 1.When i publish the worksheets as an interactive sheet i am not able to right click on the links to open them in the new window. 2.If a click on the link the documents open on the same window.I need to change the target frame. Can any one help me. Thanks to All. ...

"Unidentified function" whe running 2000 Report in 2002
A Telephone Directory Report runs fine in Access 2000. When I try to open it in Access 2002, I get the following ERROR: Unverified function 'Left' in expression and can not open the Report in ANY view. Looking at the report in 2000 "design view", the function =Left([ResLN],1) appears in the ResLN header. (That puts the A, B, C, etc. at the head of each "last name" group.) Im trying to switch over from an old computer running Access 2000 to a new one running Access 2002. What to do? Please help! THANKS!!! Jim SEE FOLLOWING CORRECTION TO MESSAGE! ...

Background in Publisher is off centered
When I apply a background in Publisher it is off centered and doesn't cover the page. The white borders are not equal around the edges. I would either like the background to cover all of the page or the white border to be equal all the way around. What version of MS Publisher are you using? Or...are you using MS Home Publishing? What type of project are you creating? Did you try resizing and dragging the clip to the position you desire? -- John Inzer "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92D50119-BE7F-433D-9C79-7F2AEA9635CB@microsoft.com....

Multiple Vista UA's with One Outlook Calender
I have 2 User Accounts (UAs) on my new Vista system that I'll call Work and Play, Work will access the wallaby@work.com email account and Play will access the wallaby@play.com email account - that's easy Work and Play will each have there own Contact List. Is there's a way of having a "shared" list in addition to their "private" lists? Work and Play must share the same calendar - there's only one wallaby, and even it can't be in two places at the same time. But I might like to have separate To Do lists. As its is now they have there...

Money 2002 upgrade to 2006
How does Money 2006 differ from 2002? I currently have the 2002 version. Should I upgrade? M06 has Yodlee (http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=171) and lots of ads and crap that came with M05 (http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm) but generally does not seem quite as disgusting as M05 (http://umpmfaq.info/Money2006.htm). I'm still seeing M06 crash a lot. I think I'm about to pull the plug on it and stick with M04 for another year. <falsedawn2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:enp9n1956hjf7os2jht31jk72qlc4haoor@4ax.com... > How does Money 2006 differ from 2002? I currently have the...

ODBC driver for Microsoft CRM
Does anyone know if there is or are any plans to have some sort of ODBC / OLEDB driver for Microsoft CRM. This would be great if you are writing reports in something other than Crystal, for example SQL Reporting services. TIA If you really want it, the data is available directly from SQL. However, this approach will not enforce the data security that is provided via the CRM enhancements. I have not heard of any plans to change this in future releases. Matt On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:43:49 -0800, Karl Iuel <Nospam@Nospam.com> wrote: Does anyone know if there is or are any plans to ha...

Printed 5 documents via Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer - and they are nowhere to be found
I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer' (.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista Premium & Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out?????????? I have hidden/system files visible They are still there each time i print a new document to the same folder because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box 1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena? 2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something) Next time you print to the same folder, take note of what that folder is and then g...

How do I sequentially no. tickets in Publisher
How do I sequentially no. tickets in Publisher? A tutorial http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "TommyK" <TommyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3701907-AE13-4C78-B7E3-97005C1F074C@microsoft.com... > How do I sequentially no. tickets in Publisher? ...

Postnet in Publisher documents
How do you add postal codes to a mailing in Publisher? Do you have to buy an add-on font or something? I have a big mailing to do and the post office would like the codes on them. Thanks, Diona Diona wrote: > How do you add postal codes to a mailing in Publisher? > Do you have to buy an add-on font or something? > I have a big mailing to do and the post office would like the codes on them. > Thanks, > Diona Ed Bennet has an excellent FAQ for you and I'm sure he will post it. But do you have a mailing permit and software to validate your addresses? Or are you just looking ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 in Citrix 4.0
Hi Together Has anybod more information or experience about the upgrade, deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Citrix 4.0? Thanks for your input, it is appreciated a lot. Regina Hi Regina, Did you get any responses to your question about Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Citrix Presentation Server 4.0? Wondering if you did as we are about to implement same. Thanks and regards, Mandy. Regi wrote: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 in Citrix 4.0 27-May-08 Hi Together Has anybod more information or experience about the upgrade, deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Citrix 4.0? Thanks for your ...

the Norton Anti-virus add-on to Microsoft Outllok disappeared
Hi, How do I regain the Norton Anti-virus add-on to Microsoft Outlook? Somehow it disappeared. Thanks, David www.pomage.org Good riddance - it causes all kinds of problems with multiple messages being sent and received. If you really want it back, go to Tools->options->other->advanced and under either Add-in Manager or COM Add-ins, recheck the option for the Norton (possibly SAV) add-in. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

Help! Installing Money 2006 with Vista
Trying to run Money 2006 with Vista has caused nothing but problems. On first installation, the program appeared to start, asked for me to accept internet compatibility, then shut down. After that, I could not open the program from the start menu, nor could I open my data directly (data is stored in Documents folder fyi). I tried Microsoft's dll solution here... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814144/en-us?spid=9213&sid=global (had to disable user protection for it to even work). This did not solve my problem, so I uninstalled Money altogether, then tried to reinstall the pro...

How to migrate ALL data from Outlook XP/2002 to 2003 ?
Hi, On a machine running Win2K and Outlook XP/2002 I want to migrate to WinXP pro and Outlook2003 (multi-boot). How do I migrate: - Contacts - Emails - Email Filter rules including filter keywords, blocked URL's etc. - Agenda - Tasks - Email accounts TIA, John7 Just recreate your accounts. For everything else: Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook...

Publisher cannot open the file you specified
Hi On a new installation of Pub 2003 on XP, when trying to open a saved file comes up with ' Publisher cannot find the file you specified. The next dialog box will let you browse to locate the file on your hard disk or floppy disk' This seems like a systemic thing, but have run Norton Windoctor, reinstalled, but no luck, continues to get this message, or 'unable to open file'. Any suggestions please This is usually a Norton problem, disable "scrip blocking" and maybe in Norton options, disable "Office Plug-ins." You receive a "File is not avail...

New to group-Outlook 2002 (xp) Acting strange
Hi- I have used Outlood 2k for a couple of years and moved up to Outlook 2002 with a new machine. I have set up 2 email pop3 accounts. Many of my inbound messages are CC to me and I am getting 2 copies of each message. These messages are coming to me addressed to only 1 account. Also, when I add a new contact and click Save and Close, the page will not close or save. I can save by clicking on the X control and then save the data via the dialoge box. Please help. My email address is tom.eisen@autaxi.com Thanks Thomas Eisen ...

no index.htm in publisher 2002
I just switched to Pub 2002/XP and redid my entire website. Now when I upload, there is no site because there is no home page to upload ifrom the folder. When I search the files within the folder, there is page 1 which is actually page 2 on the site and page 2 which is really page 3 etc..... Am I doing something wrong and shouldnt the real home page be automatically saved as 'index.htm' ? and then page 2 would really be page 2 etc.... Thanks for the help anyone. Steve Stickman wrote: > I just switched to Pub 2002/XP and redid my entire website. Now when I > upload, the...

Installing Publisher 2003, error message 1919 what can I do?
Attempting to install Pub 2003, but get error 1919 ODBC data surce: Visual Fox Pro Database ODBC error 6: Component not found in the registry verify that the file Visual FoxPro Database exits & that you can access it. I retryed it and I ignored it to no avail. Only cancel worked and then it unloaded all the program that it had been loading. Thanks for any help. Ron "Bake" wrote: > Attempting to install Pub 2003, but get error 1919 > ODBC data surce: Visual Fox Pro Database ODBC error 6: > Component not found in the registry verify that the file Visual FoxPro >...

A5 leaflets in publisher
i have designed an A5 leaflet in publisher but it only fits and prints onto A4 - any help how i can shrink it to the A5 size i need? Are you saying your creation is A4 and you never actually designed it to fit A5? You can re-setup your publication so it will print two per A4 sheet; resize all the objects to fit. What version Publisher? For version 2007: File, Page setup, Advanced on the right. Layout type, Multiple pages per sheet. Type 14.8cm Width, 21cm Height. Target sheet size Custom: 29.7cm width 21cm height zero margins. The mini preview should say two columns of one ...

help upload website with Publisher 2007
I was able to publish my home page www.ccwga.net with the help of my hosting company (godaddy) but can not publish any changes through the program Publisher 2007. when I hit the command "publish to the web", no box comes up asking for the user name and password to server. I don't know if I used FTP or HTTP when I uploaded the first time. I was able to publish my home page www.ccwga.net with the help of my hosting company (godaddy) but can not publish any changes through the program Publisher 2007. when I hit the command "publish to the web", no box comes up ...

Having trouble saving publisher files to cd.
I am trying to save my Publisher files to a cd- rw. I have one file saved on the cd from Publisher and when I try and save another Publisher file I get a message saying that windows is having trouble saving the file. I then tried to save an Excel file which it did with no problem. I then tried to save another Publisher file and got the same message. What do I need to do to save more than one Publisher file to my cd? It is a brand new cd so there is plenty of space. Thank you, Susan sjb58 wrote: > I am trying to save my Publisher files to a cd- rw. I have one file saved on >...

Can't print from Publisher #2
Have a person who can print fine from Word and IE6 (only 2 applications I tried) Also can print a test page from the printer but for some reason can not print from Project. He keeps getting the error ""the printer connection is not working. check your printer connections, and then try again."" I know it works because other users are printing to it from the network. I have also deleted the printer and reinstalled it. Same error. It is Publisher 2003. Steve, Project or Microsoft Office Publisher? Version and Operating System? "Steve" <Steve@discussions.micr...

Publisher 2003 hotfix package Update (KB 838901)
Publisher 2003 hotfix package OfficeQFE:11818 ARTICLE CONTENTS a.. SUMMARY a.. Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package b.. MORE INFORMATION a.. Hotfix information a.. Prerequisites b.. Restart information c.. Hotfix replacement information d.. Registry information e.. Hotfix file information b.. Additional notes c.. REFERENCES SUMMARY This article describes the Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 issue that is fixed in the Publisher 2003 hotfix package that is dated April 1, 2004. Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package The following issue...

Taking CRM Offline During Publishing
Is there anyway to make certain there are no users logged into CRM when publishing a customization? Can you take CRM offline and still be able to publish customizations? I'm concerned that there may a user or two working in it while I'm publishing and I don't want to kick anyone out or loose data. Thanks - Jim There really isn't a way to do this. You could do something like changing the port on IIS, but why bother? Worse case here, the user might get an error msg when saving. If you somehow disconnect the server, there is a larger window of time where the user defin...

Publisher 2000 Blue and Purple Screen
Does anyone on here have a blue and purple screen when opening a new document? Thanks, Lynne Change your Windows colour scheme. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Wayne <xeroid@kos.net>... > Does anyone on here have a blue and purple screen when opening a new > document? See http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ B...