view pages

When I open up publisher, at the bottom of the page I get the little boxes
that represent the number of pages in the document. My supervisor does not
get these little pages. How can we make them show on when she is working on a
page?
0
COA (1)

Which version of Publisher?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Brenda at COA" <Brenda at COA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open up publisher, at the bottom of the page I get the little boxes
> that represent the number of pages in the document. My supervisor does not
> get these little pages. How can we make them show on when she is working
> on a
> page?

0
jl_paules (2768)
10/22/2007 4:37:26 PM
Brenda at COA wrote:
> When I open up publisher, at the bottom of the page I get the little
> boxes that represent the number of pages in the document. My
> supervisor does not get these little pages. How can we make them show
> on when she is working on a page?
==============================
***The following info applies only to Publisher 2007***

How to restore the missing Status Bar
(page sorter) in Publisher 2007.

The following solution was posted in the
Publisher newsgroup on 10-01-2007
by:    JimmyJohnson

===
"How do I view the Page Sorter in
Publisher 2007."
===

Hey gang,

I'm glad someone else was having the same problem I was - not for the
frustration it causes, but to know that I was not alone.  And I say "was"
because I've found a solutoin to the Page Sorter issue.

Since my purchase of Micrsoft Office Professional 2007 was less then 90 days
ago, I was able to take advantage of free Microsoft Office tech support from
their on-line service center.  Therefore, the solution you're about to read
is a bona fide Microsoft Office solution, as it came directly from one of
their techs to me.

To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below.  But
beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a
specific part of the Publisher program, and Microsoft takes great pains to
warn you that making a mistake here may corrupt your program altogether (or
corrupt certain program files that my cause your version of Publisher not to
function correctly).  So please be careful as you follow these steps to fix
your page sorter issue.

O.K., now that the nice big warning is out of the way, you'll have Publisher
2007 up and running as it should be in 10 quick steps.  But before you
begin,
please take a moment to close all programs on your computer, then...

1. If you're using Windows Vista, Click on the start button, and type
"regedit" into the "Search" field under the "All Programs" link.  If you're
using XP or earlier versions, click on the start button, then on "Run," then
type "regedit" into the field, then click "O.K."

2. When the registry window opens, your going to next make a quick back-up
of these files before you attempt to change anything (in-case that
detrimental mistake we discussed earlier is accidentally made).  This you're
going to do by:

     a. Clicking on "File"
     b. Then on "Export"
     c. Then on "Desktop" in the left-hand task pane
     d. Then by typing "Backup" in the "File Name" field
     e. Then clicking on "Save"

3. Now that that's out of the way, your going to start at the top of the
Registry window and look down till you find the branch "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
Click on it, and a new sub menu will appear.

4. When the new sub menu appears, go down and click on "Software."  Again, a
new sub menu will appear.

5. Next, click on "Microsoft," then on "Office," then on "12.0"  This will
bring you to the place where you can choose the specific Office program
you're having issues with and fix the program-specific issue.

6. Next, click on "Publisher," then on "Preferences"

7.  If you don't see a "ShowStatusBar" string, you'll need to create one by
following the steps below.  Otherwise, move on to step #8.

     a. To create a "ShowStatusBar" string, start by right-clicking on the
        right pane of the window and choosing, "New"
     b. Then click on "String Value"  It will create a new string called
        "New Value #1"
     c. Rename the new value string "ShowStatusBar" and it will create the
        "ShowStatusBar" string.
     d. Now move on to step #8.

8. Right-click on the "ShowStatusBar" string, then click on "Modify"

9. When the "Edit String" window opens, simply change the value data to "1"
(if you're like me, the value data was probably set at "0").  Once you've
changed the value data to "1" then click "O.K."

10.  Exit from all registry related windows and launch your version of
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.  You should see the page sorter in the
lower
left-hand corner of your Publisher screen right where it always should have
been.

And that's it.  Like I said, worked like a charm for me!  But if this does
not work for you, please take a moment to contact Microsoft Office tech
support directly, because that means that you have another issue altogether.

Thanks gang!  May this small piece of advice help any and all the rest of us
who cannot find the Page sorter in Publisher 2007!

JimmyJohnson

===

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

How do I print a single column of data in two columns on one page
I have a single column of sorted data that I want to print with two or more columns per page. Example: Page 1, column 1 = 1-10 Page 1, column 2 =11-20 Page 2, column 1 =21-30 Page 2, column 2 =31-40 Neal, You can paste into Word and use Format | Columns or David McRitchie has some code to try in Excel... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Neal" <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

data access pages SLOW to load
I have some Data Access pages made in Access 2000 located on a shared drive. How is it possible to speed up the databinding? Is it in any way possible to keep the connection to the database open when moving from page to page, or when reloading a page? -- justme0010 ...

How to change default page setup for pivot tables?
Whenever I create a pivot table in a new sheet...the new sheet doesn't default to the page setups that I created in my "book.xlt" and/or "sheet.xlt" files that exist at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART. Is there any way that I can establish a default page setup for new sheets that are created with pivot tables? Thanks, Bob. Not that I know of. But could you build your pivottable, then insert a new worksheet (getting the default sheet.xlt), then copy the pivottable from the "bad" sheet to the new "good" sheet. Then delete the ...

Viewing imported information
I cannot view information imported into Word (2003). I am pressing <Prt Scr> to capture a screen image and then <Paste>. I can view only the outline of the captured information - but it does print out OK. I've tried all the ,Paste Special> options. What do I have to do to be able to see the imported information please. Thanks. Bill R Tools | Options | View: Clear the check box for "Picture placeholders." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Bill R" <...

Exch2k3 OWA Logon Page
How do I get the OWA login page to appear instead of the dialog box for username and password? I've tried to turn on forms auth and SSL but its not working. See the how-to here: http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_forms_based_authentication_in_exchange_2003.htm "bernardl" <bernardl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:760D5D0A-DBEF-4F36-9B0C-E42A7C50CF44@microsoft.com... > How do I get the OWA login page to appear instead of the dialog box for > username and password? > > I've tried to turn on forms auth and SSL but its not working. ...

Default Start Page
How can I make the Default Start page for all the CRM users the same page. That is when users open the CRM , the default Tab must be cases. If I have more the 100 CRM users how can do this at once. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Irshard Zahir You can do this with SiteMap customization, more information at crm's SDK. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9c178b68-3a06-4898-bc83-bd14b74308c5&DisplayLang=en -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "Irshard" wrote: > How can I make the Default Start page for all the CRM users the same p...

Can I make a chart that is longer than the offered page sizes?
I am using Excel 2003 to graph data over distances of 10 to 15 thousand feet. The page sizes offered are so small that changes in the data over this range are difficult to detect. Is there a way to make a custom page size that is roughly 12 inches tall with the potential to be infinately long. This way, all the data wouldn't be crowded into a limited area, and a person could scroll left or right along the data interval. Hi, Infinitely long - No! You can customize to page size but it is related to your printer drivers. You pick a different size page by choosing File, Page Setup ...

Investment Summary on Home Page #3
I have a "watch list" of stocks that correctly get displayed in my "Portfolio Manager". However, on my Home Page, in the "Investment Summary" ALL my stocks are listed - the ones in my real stock accounts and the ones in my Watch List. Is it possible to NOT display in my "Investment Summary" stocks that are in my "Watch List"? Thanks, Tom ...

How many pages?
How many sheets can one put into an Excel workbook? I've found the limits on rows and columns within a sheet, but the only thing I've found about sheets is a vague indication it will hold "hundreds". Is there an actual limit, or does it simply become a performance issue? I'm trying to decide whether to organize a bunch of data for analysis with one sheet of data per event, or to use a separate file for each event. Currently I only have a dozen or so events, but they will continue to add up and I'd rather do this correctly the first time. My inclination is...

Viewing Attachments with Outlook 2003
I just installed Outlook 2003 and when I view a .jpg attachment to a message, Outlook always uses Quick View Plus as the viewer even though I have another program set up as the default to open .jpg files. How can I configure Outlook 2003 to use my default program instead of QVP? Thanks, Tom that should be a setting within QVP. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outloo...

Viewing Word 2007 docs in Office XP
Info I have found shows previous versions to be 2000, 2002 and 2003.........having a problem viewing docs in Office XP. Does anyone know if the 'compatability' download will make the fix for XP? Thanks Office XP = Office 2002 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "awol2vegas" <awol2vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E81819E0-355D-49AC-B387-C0386AEC4C40@microsoft.com... > Info I have found shows previous versions...

web page capture
how do i enable outlook office 2007 to capture a web page and send it by email and the recipient gets the same view as the web page? ...

How can I insert pages from one publisher document to another?
I have 2 seperate publisher documents. I want to insert the 7 pages from one document into the middle of the other. How do I do this? I'm working with the 2003 version. You can copy/paste. You can open both publications side by side and drag/drop. I have a method on my web page, it is not for the faint of heart. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Media help" <Media help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFA4AEDD-6D7C-413B-8DFD-617ED429012E@microsoft.com... >I have 2 seperate publisher d...

Print First Page Only
Hi Groupies: In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a multi page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there? -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:E83B3132-6092-4092-924C-47A651128836@microsoft.com... > Hi Groupies: > > In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a multi > page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there? > It is, b...

MS Money 2006
I would like to have my reports fit to a one-page wide form when printing. Is there a way of doing this? Intuit had a check box for "Fit to Page" in its printing window. Thanks in advance for any guidance. Money's printing support is, to be generous, antique in its simplification. "JL" <JL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F9D3607-BCF3-4849-A965-AF22224DD0A1@microsoft.com... >I would like to have my reports fit to a one-page wide form when printing. > Is there a way of doing this? Intuit had a check box for "Fit to Page" in...

Enableing all calendars to be viewed.
Is their a way to enable everyone's Calendar for viewing without going to each desktop -- Mike C On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:43:26 -0800, Mike C <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is their a way to enable everyone's Calendar for viewing without going to >each desktop pfdavadmin http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555504/en-us "Using PFDavAdmin to administer mailbox delegate permissions." ...

Two problems: Document & View
Hello experts, I have two problems. One is in the CView, and the other is with the CDocument. Mainly, I think the problem is that I'm a little fuzzy on the flow of control within the application framework. I think my CDocument confusion is the easier of the two, so I'll describe this first: I'm writing an SDI application, and my CMainFrame class has an object that I want to pass to the Active Document (which should be the only document). I need to pass a pointer to that object to my CDocument whenever CMainFrame::GetActiveDocument() returns a "CDocument" object...

Setting contacts folder to be viewed as address book
Hi, How do I set the contacts folder to be viewed as address book? If some of the email ids in the contacts folder do not appear in the address book, where could the problem be? Thanks for any help. Ramesh In the properties of the folder. Any contact with a valid resolved electronic address will appear. If they do not, you will have to provide some actual information to troubleshoot further. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:uU5Yjy4lIHA.4244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How do I set the contacts f...

embed a third party's page in my page
hi, i'm using a 3rd party searching user control, if i click on search btn. it displays results on another page by getting data from 3rd party's server. i want to embed results page into my page. i don't have code for searchbtn's click event. any idea!!! ...

Messages view as read before I get a chance to look at them
This is strange! I have the reading pane on and when I click on a message and than click back off it it nornmally changes to 'read'. But now I can go to lunch and when I get back I have 5 or 10 email and thay have all been 'read'. If I get a message I leave it and after a little bit it will show as read. I have outlook 2003 exchange. ...

View/Monitor Employees Email
How can I view employees email to monitor what they are sending and receiving? Implement message journaling if you want a copy of all messages: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-Exchange-2003-Message-Journaling.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Brian S" <Brian S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D096B7CA-453C-4888-A9CA-C3ABD1098F62@microsoft.com... > How can I view employees email to monitor what they are sending and > receiving? Thanks. How can I view the ...

Gridlines in phone list view of contact in Outlook 2007
I upgraded to Office 2007. I have trouble following across a line in the phone list view of my contacts. The solid line check box is checked in the customize view box, but there are no lines between contacts. Is there a way to get grid lines in the view or maybe shade every other line? Are the gridlines visible in other folders and views? If not, could it be that your monitor is set too bright? The lines are quite subtle and depending on your color settings of your monitor, they might not be visible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2...

saving customized current view of "advanced find"
I am trying to save my customized view of the "advance find" feature in 2007 outlook. Per the instructions, I changed the "fields" (to get rid of flags, importance etc.) then toggled "view", "current view" and "define view" to save my changes. I found no way to save my changes, in the general outlook screen. Worse yet, I tried saving the changes while I was in the advance find screen, but "define view" was not an option (it was grey). Is this something I have to live with? Craig You can't save the advanced find v...

Range formula possible to update summary page with new entries when new sheets created?
I'm not sure what this would entail but is there a way to fix our summary pages to include formulas or whatever that more automatically update links from the sheets linked to them when new sheets are added to each workbook? The reason I ask is because my colleagues are dealing with four workbooks that each have about 15 worksheets minimum. Every time a new employee is hired, a new employee sheet is created by copying one from another employee and modifying the entries to reflect the new person. Unfortunately, the summary sheet doesn't automatically include working links when they co...

Exch 5.5 How to Change Default View GAL
Can anyone tell me if there is a server side way to change the default view of the GAL to be "All Users" instead of "Global Address List" for all clients? I don't want to have to manually change the Outlook profile of over 1200 accounts ...