version compatibility

I too have had problems trying to create files in Publisher 2003, and the
trying to open them in earlier versions. I got a copy of 'CUTE.PDF' as a
freebie on the cobver of the latest 'Windows XP' magazine (UK) This is a
shareware programme for converting documents to PDF.
Works perfectly! So have been able to convert some of my publisher leaflets
etc to PDF, take them to work and print them out OK
regards ( and thanks for all the publisher tips)
Peter Cripps

Money 2005 or 2006 incorrectly showing "Trial" version
It's under investigation. See the "Downloading Money 2005 or 2006" item on http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp THANK YOU! I have spent countless hours cursing out Microsoft for this. For some reason it never occurred to me to check the newsgroups until now. What a terrible upgrade path this was. Had the trial, decided to purchase it, and like everyone else couldn't get it to stop saying trial. At least there's a problem they're working on. Too bad they couldn't pass that information to me through the Money interface. A nice message like &q...

Outlook Network Version?
I am teaching a student who wants to use herOutlook 2002 to manage a calendar for an office of 4 users. In other words, they want to share a single calendar. I understand that this should only work if a NETWORK VERSION of Outlook is installed. Is this correct, and if so, how do I determine if my student has a network version? there is no 'network version' that can share calendars. you'll need a 3rd party utility. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windo...

Version 2000 vs 2003 Trendline Problem
My coworker has Office 2003 Professional Edition (11.8169.8172) SP3 and has one chart in Excel with two line graphs based on the months of the past year. She has a trendline visible on one of the series. She has tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to have a trendline for BOTH series to indicate the upwards or downward trends over time. She saved the file and I opened it from our shared server. I have Office 2000 Professional. I was able to see the trendline for the second series AND not just once, but for every single attempt she made. (smirking) WHY is she unable to view the trendl...

French & English versions
A friend of mine just started using Ms-Money but a French release. As I'm working for a long time with Money and want to help him, I try to open his file in my own Money (UK) but Money tell me that this file was made with an incompatible version ? Both are MS-Money 2004. The only difference is de language. Regards, Georges Files cannot be transferred between regional versions as you have found. All you can do is open the French file in a French version of Money. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny...

DPM 2010 RTM Eval version available for Download
As many of you would have already know about DPM 2010 RTM release. Please find more information about at DPM blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2010/04/19/sc-data-protection-manager-2010-is-released-to-manufacturing.aspx. You might want to move to EVAL version if you are running any of the Pre- RTM versions. The following flows are supported: 1. EVAL will be treated as RTM version except that it will expire similar to Pre-RTM versions. So you may follow the upgrade advisor assuming DPM 2010 RTM EVAL= DPM 2010 RTM. 2. Before DPM 2010 RTM EVAL version expires one can instal...

Setting Currency version for importing QIF Files
Hi I have money 2001 and I have a problem that when I import the qif files from my bank money does not distinguish between the decimal comma and the point separator so E1.234,55 is imported as E1,23 instead of one thousand euros. I was told to set the registry entry QIFUseSystemCurrency to true - but this entry does not exist (I looked for it using regedit and the search command - tried various searches, just currency etc.) What I did find was an entry under money.qif\CurVer where the name is default and the value is money.qif.9.0 which I assume is telling money to use its own default i...

Publisher 2007 Compatibility #2
Our business runs Windows 2000 pro and we are going to start using Publisher 07. What is the minimum version of Office that is required to run this program? Also, is it compatible on Win2K? Office 2007 will not run on a Windows 2000 system. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101668651033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "SteveR" <SteveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFF38286-7FAA-4091-B410-2F929ABA7C38@microsoft.com... > Our business runs Windows 2000 pro ...

.Net Framework Version in Win CE Image
Hello everyone! I'm just starting making my first Win CE 5.0 Image and am facing some problems. I have an C# application (.net framework 2.0) that I want to attach to my Image. I made a new Win CE image and added the .Net Compact Framework 2.0 from my catalog and then my application using CEFileWiz, but when I try to run it, I get the message: "This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this" If I try to use .Net Compact Framework 3.5, it won't work either. I'm sure the applicat...

Academic version of Microsoft Office Professional 2007
I have the opportunity to purchase the 'academic version of Microsoft Office Professional 2007. Is the 'academic' version reduced in capabilities from just the basic Microsoft Office Professional 2007? hi Bob, BobC wrote: > I have the opportunity to purchase the 'academic version of Microsoft > Office Professional 2007. > Is the 'academic' version reduced in capabilities from just the basic > Microsoft Office Professional 2007? No, you just may use it for academic purposes. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

OS version
Hi, I use GetVersionEx to check if the OS version is W95. This is the code I use: BOOL boW95 = FALSE; OSVERSIONINFOEX ovi; ZeroMemory(&ovi, sizeof(OSVERSIONINFOEX)); ovi.dwOSVersionInfoSize = sizeof(OSVERSIONINFOEX); if(!GetVersionEx((OSVERSIONINFO*)&ovi)) { ovi.dwOSVersionInfoSize = sizeof(OSVERSIONINFO); GetVersionEx((OSVERSIONINFO*)&ovi); } if(ovi.dwPlatformId = VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS && ovi.dwMajorVersion == 4 && ovi.dwMinorVersion == 0) { boW95 = TRUE; } I run that code and boW95 is set to TRUE on a PC with version XP. I tried on 2 machi...

Office 2004 edu version install problem
Powerbook G4 osx. I get an error message (code -36) because PMingLiU.ttf cannot be read. Installation stops. Tried permissions repair, disk repair. Nothing helps. Any help appreciated. I thought that sounded familiar: Google groups turns up this thread: <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_frm/ thread/e77a558522f1bae1/dedaf24cdcfc7996?q=pmingliu.ttf+group:*mac.office&rn um=1&hl=en#dedaf24cdcfc7996> I believe calls for installation support are free. On 4/23/05 12:35 AM, "Ben" wrote: > Powerbook G4 osx. > I get an error...

Using later version of microsoft access

LecTecmL Mailer Version 4.0
Now available in LecTecmL Mailer Version 4.0 Windows 7/Vista Users export filtered emails to Windows Live Mail/Windows Mail easily preserving LesTecML folder structure. Details http://www.lestec.com.au Les Moull ...

Outlook 2007 Trial version
I downloaded, installed and activated Office 2007. When I open Outlook 2007, some of the menu items are grayed out. Is this because it is a trial version, or is there some other reason. I can't create a sub-folder under my Inbox or under already-existing sub-folder because New Folder is grayed out, regardless of how I try to access it. Shouldn't this functionality be available, even in the trial version of the software? larlyles <larlyles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I downloaded, installed and activated Office 2007. When I open > Outlook 2007, some of the men...

microsoft: have you fixed generate-id in the next version
.... or would you like me to give you some open source code on how to generate a unique id quickly. alternatively use your guid or fire the developer - take your pick. ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...

Pocket Version for Pocket PC 2003
I am unable to install the pocket version of Money because I am running Pocket PC 2003. When will this be updated? ...

where are object boundary marks on ruler like prior versions of p.
whenever object were selected in a pub, a tiny mark would appear on the horiz & vert rulers. -- Jaxreman Which version ar you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "jaxreman" <jaxreman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A866471-62C4-423C-B15C-E8861CDBF1BB@microsoft.com... > whenever object were selected in a pub, a tiny mark would appear on the > horiz > & vert rulers. > -- > Jaxreman Thanks! Now using 2007, prior was 2002. -- Jaxreman "JoAnn...

can not open file from different version of publisher
I have publisher 2000 version 6 and have recently installed it on a new machine with WIndows XP. I can not open documents from a different verison of publisher.I have diabled Norton, dragged and saved as read only and nothing is working. DO I need a new verision of Publisher or is there a patch I can download. thanks Kirsten Does this happen to all of your old files or just this one? Have you made sure that you have downloaded all applicable patches for Pub 2000? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kirsten" <kirsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Setup cannot remove the older version of Microsoft Office Pro 2010
With Windows 7 Ult (X64), I have MS Office Ult 2007 (X86) installed. I am trying to install MS Office Pro 2010 (X86). I selected an 'upgrade' install and it failed with the subject line message. I then tried to uninstall Office 2007 from control panel; same result. Log shows: Description Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem Signature 01: {91140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} Problem Signature 02: 14.0.4763.1000 Problem Signature...

Exchange Server 2000 Version
Good article about Exchange 2000 version: http://blogs.msdn.com/evand/archive/2005/01/05/347023.aspx When I check my version from Exchange System Manager I am at 6249.4 but when I look in the BIN folder my versions are all over the place. 5.0.XX, 5.5.XX, 6.0.249.1, 6.0.6249.4, 6.0.6556.5, etc. Should I have all of these different versions? What version am I actually at? Thanks, bshort1023 On 19 Sep 2005 09:38:55 -0700, bshort1023@yahoo.com wrote: >Good article about Exchange 2000 version: > >http://blogs.msdn.com/evand/archive/2005/01/05/347023.aspx > >When I check my v...

Version 6 client install
I've been asked to install a couple of replacement XP workstations to a small 5 user LAN running Great Plains 6.00g28 on an NT4 server. The server does not appear to running MS-SQL or Pervasive SQL. The old workstations have a Great Plains folder on the local drive that contains the client software. Can I simply copy this folder to the new workstations, or do I need to install from a CD or central location to ensure registry entries etc. are created. Many thanks in advance for assistance offered. GP does update the registry so I would install it on those machines. You can copy o...

How to turn on compatability mode
When trying to open an old word document doc. it comes up saying that there is a problem sending the command ?. My friend has the compatability mode showing on her PC but doesn't know how it got there. How can I "turn it on" for my PC as when it does appear that the document has been sent, a new word document shows but the Microsoft button does not show the convert or switch for the compatability mode. Thus, any work I do at my office PC, I can't open on Windows 7. I can create new documents in 7 but this situation is not satisfactory. Please help - a...

Money Plus Deluxe Trial Version Activation Problems
I downloaded and setup all my accounting in the trial version. i then purchased it and was sent the product key; however, I'm not able to activate my trial version. I go to the Tools, Online Services Information, and I get a window that tells me my trial version will expire 3/9/09 and has two choices: Purchase Now and Remind me Later (there is no Activiate). I open Money through the start, programs, ms money, and I receive the exact same message. I then downloaded the full version from the download site that was given to me with the product key and when I tried to execute the f...