Variable images in mail merge

I am new to Publisher 2003 but do many mail merge programs in a high-end
production package...that has miserable graphics capabilites so I love this
part of Publisher.  I understand that I can insert a field as a graphic by
right-clicking when I select it, but how do I define where the graphic is
actually located?  Can the image name be "built" by using a key field from
the database and appending a .tif or .jpg after the field name in
Publisher...or must that be part of the data record?  Perhaps I'm making this
too difficult.  Thanks for some help!
Cathy
0
CathyDDM (4)

All you ever need to know about catalog merge
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Cathy@DDM" <CathyDDM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to Publisher 2003 but do many mail merge programs in a high-end
> production package...that has miserable graphics capabilites so I love this
> part of Publisher.  I understand that I can insert a field as a graphic by
> right-clicking when I select it, but how do I define where the graphic is
> actually located?  Can the image name be "built" by using a key field from
> the database and appending a .tif or .jpg after the field name in
> Publisher...or must that be part of the data record?  Perhaps I'm making this
> too difficult.  Thanks for some help!
> Cathy

0
gsauer (5093)
4/28/2005 6:13:52 PM
If I understand correctly, my data record should have a field with the path
to the graphic.  I don't need to print multiple images per page; I need to
print a particular image (logo, signature, etc) based on a company name in
each record.  I can easily do whatever data manipulation I need to do in
Access, I just needed to know how I define the location/path of the graphic.
The catalog feature is neat, though, and I will keep it in mind for other
projects.  Thanks so much!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> All you ever need to know about catalog merge
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Cathy@DDM" <CathyDDM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am new to Publisher 2003 but do many mail merge programs in a high-end
> > production package...that has miserable graphics capabilites so I love this
> > part of Publisher.  I understand that I can insert a field as a graphic by
> > right-clicking when I select it, but how do I define where the graphic is
> > actually located?  Can the image name be "built" by using a key field from
> > the database and appending a .tif or .jpg after the field name in
> > Publisher...or must that be part of the data record?  Perhaps I'm making this
> > too difficult.  Thanks for some help!
> > Cathy

0
CathyDDM (4)
4/28/2005 7:00:04 PM
I answered my own question...having a data field with the path is just what I
needed.  This is really a great support forum...I'm going to browse when I
get a minute.  Thanks again.

"Cathy@DDM" wrote:

> If I understand correctly, my data record should have a field with the path
> to the graphic.  I don't need to print multiple images per page; I need to
> print a particular image (logo, signature, etc) based on a company name in
> each record.  I can easily do whatever data manipulation I need to do in
> Access, I just needed to know how I define the location/path of the graphic.
> The catalog feature is neat, though, and I will keep it in mind for other
> projects.  Thanks so much!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > All you ever need to know about catalog merge
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > "Cathy@DDM" <CathyDDM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am new to Publisher 2003 but do many mail merge programs in a high-end
> > > production package...that has miserable graphics capabilites so I love this
> > > part of Publisher.  I understand that I can insert a field as a graphic by
> > > right-clicking when I select it, but how do I define where the graphic is
> > > actually located?  Can the image name be "built" by using a key field from
> > > the database and appending a .tif or .jpg after the field name in
> > > Publisher...or must that be part of the data record?  Perhaps I'm making this
> > > too difficult.  Thanks for some help!
> > > Cathy

0
CathyDDM (4)

Adobe PDF Mail Merge Creates winmail.dat Instead of Attachment
This has been discussed in other threads, but I haven't found an answer to this problem. In reality I don't know which application is to blame, but the fingers keep pointing at Outlook. I'm using Word 2007 to do a mail merge using Adobe Acrobat Pro V9. I have Outlook configured as the default mail program. The generated PDF is attached to en e-mail and gets delivered without problems. If I read the e-mail using Outlook or Gmail (the only ones that I've tried), the attachment appears and can be displayed without issues. If I read the e-mail using a program ...

double mail sent
Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I don't have this problem (only with outlook express) Can you help me? Thanks On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:32:33 +0200, roberta <roby@tis.it> wrote: >Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 > >Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I >don't have this problem (only with outlook express) > >Can you help me? > >Thanks This is a SQL server newsgroup, if you are having problems with mdaemon you may ...

why are my recolored images washed out?
When I use the recolor option in the 'format picture' menu, the images always turn out washed -out: like a watermark! I've tried clip art and imported png & jpeg files - all are washed out. Anyone have an explanation or fix for this? How do they print? What is your idea of washed out? When you re-color an image, every pixel tries to become a shade of the color you designated. Insert your picture twice, re-color one of them and compare. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "multitalentedmommy"...

Inserting specific images based on product.
Hi Everyone, I'm very knew to the CRM product and was curious... For example, I am customizing a CRM interface for a company with a wide range of products. They would like to add a tab to each of their product displays showing an image of that product. I added the tab (learning how thanks to this newsgroup) but I only know how to insert a graphic using an IFRAME in the form view which in turn displays the SAME image for all product listings. Does this make sense? Basically I'm asking...is there a way to display individual images for specific products, not strictly on the fo...

Mail Enabled : How to retrieve the mails.
Hi, I have created one mail enabled account with smtp address but how do I retrieve the mails ? Thank you. Rgrds, Zul On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:00:36 +0800, "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote: >Hi, > >I have created one mail enabled account with smtp address but how do I >retrieve the mails ? > >Thank you. > >Rgrds, >Zul > A mail enabled account doesn't have a mailbox. When you create that account you specify an external SMTP address and collect the mail from there however you would normally do it. Hi Mark, This means that the exchang...

Mail merge from Excel #2
Hello I am trying to use the 2nd worksheet of an Excel spreadsheet for a mail merge, but the mail merge helper only allows me to select the 1st worksheet. I don't want to change the worksheet order because I have another mail merge running from the 1st sheet. Is there a way of selecting the 2nd sheet Thanks in advance Jo, see the like below about using Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter to do it. You could also copy the page to a new workbook and use it as your temporary data source. I have run into problems with using some date in excel when I try to merge with word and have overc...

Query to Mail Merge issue
I am running Access2003 on WinXP SP2. I send out dues letters for members of a retiree group. When I try to do a mail merge to my Dues Query all goes fine except the telephone number in the query which is (555)555-1234 comes out 5555551234. If I copy the query into an excel spreadsheet and use that as the datasource for the mail merge it works fine. Is there something I need to do to format the query so it merges with the right format. Thanks Billa In the query format the field to include the parentheses and dash. In query design view, instead of the field name put an expression alo...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

How can I send e-mail as a web page
Hi! I am in the process of creating "Newsletters", and it will be a web page/html file. Is there a way I can send this to recipients so that it will be displayed as a web page in their e-mail? Outlook express had a shortcut for this, but I cannot seem to find this function in Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance : ) You either send from within the program you created the html webpage or from within Outlook use; Insert-> File...-> select HTML file-> press little down arrow on Insert-> choose Insert as Text -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

New user at Exchange 2003 cannot send mail to user at Exchange 5.5
I have 2 Exchange 5.5 and 1 Exchange 2003 in the same domain already, then I install one more Exchange 2003 in the child domain of the existing domain Then I create 1 user at child domain with mailbox in the new Exchange 2003. He find that he can only send mail to other whose mailbox in Exchange 2003. If recipient is in exchange 5.5, he cannot send to him. I have already set the ADC for the child domain. I also create the "recipient update service" for the child domain. Is any more setting needed to configurate ?? PS: In the Exchange 5.5 administrator, I can find the new user wi...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

No Mail Delivery #2
possible duplicate-original didn't show in 30 minutes. Last night I installed SP1 to my exchange server, it went through the install and at the end informed me that the services could not install causing the install to fail. Server roobooted fine. The next day now no mail is being delivered internally or externally. When I go to system manager under that server and qeues most of the states are set to retry. I have under local delivery on the default smtp virtual server the state is retry with several hundred messages awaiting delivery. I have stopped and started the smtp se...

cannot send or receive mail
I configured my Outlook 2003 the same as my Outlook express that has been running successfully for years. I can create mail and it remains in the outbox even after send/receive button is pushed. No error message at all. Just no action and when I close it I do get told that there are messages waiting to be sent. ...

E-mails an hour off
All e-mails seem to be an hour behind the real time. No matter where they come from or what program they are all an hour behind. The Exchange 2K3 server is set to the right time and right time zone. My XP machine is the same, but if I send a message to myself via Outlook 2K3 it will come into my inbox an hour behind. What's going on? I just noticed this this morning. I ran a bunch of MS updates last night on all the 2K and 2K3 servers. Could an update be causing this problem? Any suggestion or idea would be appreciated. Mike check all clients and the server to see if they...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Word merged with Access
I am using both Word and Access 2003. When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with. Does anyone have any ideas of why this happens? Is there a way to make all of the queries show up? Are the queries limited to a certain number? I would appreciate any help or ideas that you can give me. Aurora Aurora Without more information, I can only guess... Any chance any of those queries that are not showing up are NOT "select" queries (i.e., they are Make Table, or Delete or Insert queri...

How do I merge two publisher files?
I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all of my pages together in one file? Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can create a single .pdf file with the parts. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF96E50B-CBC8-4A5A-A854-D7EE130CE9AD@microsoft.com... >I am using publisher 200...

Re: Function to copy data from a variable range?
I have a sheet with about 20,000 lines of data. From that sheet I am looking to group the data based on a parameter, into multiple different sheets. ie: If the category is "1" copy all that lines data into sheet A, If the category is "2", copy all the lines into sheet B. The problem is, the number of lines for each acatgeory type is not always the same. Some categories may only have 1 or two lines, other may have 200-300. Is there any type of function for this? Thanks! Doable but why not just use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesA...

CTreeCtrl::DeleteAllItems requires resetting the image list, why?
If I call a CTreeCtrl's DeleteAllItems method it seems that I also have to set the controls image list again otherwise the control does nt show either the items icon or text. The following fails: m_tree.SetImageList(&someImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); .... m_tree.DeleteAllItems(); m_tree.InsertItem(_T("Test"), 0, 1, TVI_ROOT, TVI_SORT); Where as the following works: m_tree.SetImageList(&someImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); .... m_tree.DeleteAllItems(); m_tree.SetImageList(&someImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); m_tree.InsertItem(_T("Test"), 0, 1, TVI_ROOT, TVI_SORT); ...

Separate transactions being merged when importing QIF file
I downloaded a QIF file from my bank dating back to 01/01/2004. When I imported this file into Money 2005 the balance was way off compared to the bank's website. In comparing each tranaction I noticed some were missing in Money. Each group of missing transactions were all on the same day and for the same amount. Also, for each group one transaction would be in Money and the others missing (ex. There are 5 transactions according to the bank but only 1 shows in Money). I opened the QIF file in Notepad and can see the multiple transactions that were missing in Money. Based on this info...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

The specified image file did not contain a resource section
I've got 1812 (The specified image file did not contain a resource section) error using GetLastError(). My dialog won't show up. Why? How about a small hint as to what code you are using that is causing this error? "Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> wrote in message news:%23XFDXepXEHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > I've got 1812 (The specified image file did not contain a resource > section) error using GetLastError(). My dialog won't show up. Why? > > > How about a small hint as to what code you are using that is causing this > ...