Using mail merge for nametags, how'd you get 8 diff. on each pg?

How do I print off a different name on each name tag in order to print them
out a page at a time?  I entered the names in mail merge and it will print
them, just a whole page of each.

Thanks

"juliehrbacek" wrote:

> How do I print off a different name on each name tag in order to print them
> out a page at a time?  I entered the names in mail merge and it will print
> them, just a whole page of each.
>
> Thanks

This is the same question that has brought me here.  I've been trying to
figure it out for over 2 hours now and am about ready to pull my hair out.
Please help!
juliehrbacek wrote:
> How do I print off a different name on each name tag in order to print them
> out a page at a time?  I entered the names in mail merge and it will print
> them, just a whole page of each.

Design with a single card on the screen, then use the Page Setup options
to lay 8 cards per page out. Ignore Print Preview; print a test page.
Use Print Merge; don't merge to a new publication.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> juliehrbacek wrote:
> > How do I print off a different name on each name tag in order to print them
> > out a page at a time?  I entered the names in mail merge and it will print
> > them, just a whole page of each.
>
> Design with a single card on the screen, then use the Page Setup options
> to lay 8 cards per page out. Ignore Print Preview; print a test page.
> Use Print Merge; don't merge to a new publication.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

ed and julie, thank you!!!
0
Smart (7)
7/27/2007 12:02:03 AM

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> juliehrbacek wrote:
> > How do I print off a different name on each name tag in order to print them
> > out a page at a time?  I entered the names in mail merge and it will print
> > them, just a whole page of each.
>
> Design with a single card on the screen, then use the Page Setup options
> to lay 8 cards per page out. Ignore Print Preview; print a test page.
> Use Print Merge; don't merge to a new publication.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

Two problems... firstly, on Page SetUp I can't see anything about options
other than changing paper sizes. What I have done is to choose a small paper
size and then select multiple pages on print setup. The second problem is
that when I use my merge all my cards come out exactly the same. Any ideas?
Is there something obvious I've missed!

You really should start a new thread. Are you using Version 2007? It does make a
difference.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"alonzoponzo" <alonzoponzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> juliehrbacek wrote:
>> > How do I print off a different name on each name tag in order to print them
>> > out a page at a time?  I entered the names in mail merge and it will print
>> > them, just a whole page of each.
>>
>> Design with a single card on the screen, then use the Page Setup options
>> to lay 8 cards per page out. Ignore Print Preview; print a test page.
>> Use Print Merge; don't merge to a new publication.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://ed.mvps.org
>
> Two problems... firstly, on Page SetUp I can't see anything about options
> other than changing paper sizes. What I have done is to choose a small paper
> size and then select multiple pages on print setup. The second problem is
> that when I use my merge all my cards come out exactly the same. Any ideas?
> Is there something obvious I've missed!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Some Contacts List messages going into Junk Mail folder
My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email addresses set up in WLM. We also share the Contacts folder. Starting about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages. What might we be missing in our setup? Gordon Biggar Hotmail type accounts for both email addresses ? - Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com *Note: All Hotmai...

Junk Mail and Detect and Repair wont work in Office 2003
I am trying to update the Outlook Junk Mail filters, KB914454 it wont let me in Office 2003 it continually shows the shield icon saying I have an update to complete when I do it fails, tried to repair, that fails too, should I try install even tho my software or CD is Office 2003 and I have SP2 on the computer already or is there a registry fix, do I really need Junk Mail, how can I stop this update from happening, I use AVG and it works fine ...

Mail go's to Badmail "This message does not have any recipients"
The problem I have is that email is being placed in the bad mail folder without an NDR. This email is send by our backup software ever night. When I check in the Bad mail dir the error listed is "This message does not have any recipients" Anyone have any ideas? ...

Can I delete a file that is in use
I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks You can try using the task manager. Bring up the manager and go to processes and stop it from running. You can try to delete from Safe Mo...

Will my sent e-mails be kept in the web server e-mail?
Hello, I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in Windows Live and the website version of each of the e-mail accounts I will add. I would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive. Thanking you in advance. Sincerely yours, Orabidreamer Note that they type of account POP, IMAP, or HTTP will make a difference. Check the box on each account setup that says, "Leave a copy on the server" (Advanced tab). If you have accounts that do not show that t...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

What's the correct procedure to use a CBitmapButton in a dialog (to avoid resouce leaking)?
Hi, I have a CBitmapButton member in a dialog. The problem is that, after exiting my program, there is a cross button staying on my windows 2000's desktop now. The button is exactly the one I used in the dialog. Clicking on it doesn't do anyting. Rebooting the machine doesn't help. The application has been mailed to many customers. Now I expect they'll see this button on their machine but hardly guess that it's caused by my program. In DoDataExchange(), I associate the CBitmapButton member with a push button in the dialog's template. Then in OnInitDialog...

Internet mail con Exchange 5.5
Buenas : Quisiera hacerles una consulta: Tengo un servidor de correo Exchange 5.5 que maneja buzones internos que tengo la opci=F3n de crear cuando creo un usuario del dominio (Dominio NT 4). Tengo tambien cuentas de mail externas POP3, las cuales configuro manualmente en cada PC que lo requiera (No todas tienen mail externo).Es decir el usuario descarga los mails externos directamente del pop3 de mi ISP , pero quedan guardados en el buzon de Exchange. La consulta es si es posible hacer que el exchange configure por usuario esas cuentas externas a las cuentas que yo le indique, sin tener la n...

Problem with Outlook e-mail after installing Microsoft Publisher
I have not been able to send e-mails from Outlook after installing Microsoft Publisher. Any suggestions on how to remedy this sotuation? Are you getting an error? Is Outlook working okay through other programs? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Techblues" <Techblues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCCE2A75-8...

Error when using RMS EDC Settle function
Hello. We run RMSsp2, and use PCCharge PaymntSvr EDC software/First Data processor. PCCharge settles fine, if trying from within RMS, receive error on: 1st attempt: "Invalid Merchant" box error appears. 2nd and subsequent attempts "Invalid Destination Zip" box error appears. Erro occurs withing few seconds of settle attempt, settle progress doesnt go beyond 1/10 of progress meter and this error pops up. Any ideas? Our EDC config is fine and all batches and items are ok in PCCharge. thanks luke ...

getting sql report 2005 web service to work
The error I am getting in sql reporting service 2005 is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on t...

getting a single line from a file
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to read a single line from a text file. I tried using getline, but my MFC program does not recognize the getline function. Nor does it recognize <string> or <string.h> or using namespace std. So is there another function that I can use in MFC? Roger Take a look at the CStdioFile MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "R.H." <roger.huggins@intermec.com> wrote in message news:e98o6IMmDHA.1764@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I was wondering if someone could tell me ho...

Timer #8
Hi, I wrote an MFC application that open 3 worker threa and in the main thread i create a timer that run every 2 sec in what context of threads the timer will be runninig (in what thread)??? And if i create a timer in others thread how the timer will be running in what context??? Thanks. Dave wrote: > Hi, > I wrote an MFC application that open 3 worker threa and in the main thread i > create a timer that run every 2 sec > in what context of threads the timer will be runninig (in what thread)??? The timer will probably be running in the GUI thread (Unless you have another...

Unable to attach an attachment using mail merge
Anyone know how to do an Outlook mail merge and have it sent an attachment to all merged recipents? I put the attachment into the basic outlook e_mail message and when it merges it strips off the attachment. I am using Word as the E-Mail editor and Outlook 2002 SP2 and merging contacts directly from an Outlook Contact folder. ...

moving all incoming mail to deleted items folder
We are trying to setup students who graduate from our school so that any incoming mail will be forwarded to a new address and if they have not setup a forwarding address, their incoming mail will be deleted with an out of office reply sent to the sender indicating that the user is no longer a student and has not setup forwarding. Graduated students would also not have OWA enabled as well. The one thing that seems hard to do is to create a rule that will move all incoming mail to the deleted items folder. Does anyone know of how to have all incoming mail subject to a rule to move to deleted ...

How to use MFC Cstring class in Win32 DLL?
Hello all I am having WIN32 DLL and i have to use CString in it. I tried include <Afx.h> with project setting with both 'use MFC in a static library' as well as 'use MFC in a shared library' option of project setting but firstly i got error fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already then i commented #include<windows.h> after that i am getting linking error mfcs42d.lib(dllmodul.obj) : error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in testdll.obj Debug/testdll.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found i tried other options like includi...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

uninstall from command line using alternate credentials
WinXP SP3. Is there a way to do this? I am trying to find a way for a power user to uninstall a program using the msiexec + uninstall string from the registry using admin account credentials. Alternativly, I have tried to get the user to do a "run as" on the appwiz.cpl file but I get an error. UPDATE: also tried making a shortcut and running as admin but there is still an error with starting the msiexec. It says something like error statring program, it may be disabled or have no associated programs. I checked the windows installer service and it is running. ...

Updating a form after using a workflow rule to update the entity.
I have a workflow rule that, on create of a contact, calls an assembly and updates an attribute of that assembly. It works a treat, but after saving, the attribute does not appear in the form. I have to close and re-open the contact to see the attribute. Is there any way to have this display immediately? Thanks Saira ...

Using Microsoft Map in Office XP
How can I add the add-in Microsoft Map to work in Office XP? Thank you for looking. John John MS Map not available with versions 2002 and 2003. MS Map Point is now the application used. Costs about $250.00 US. An alternate is to use MapInfo product(which was the Excel 97 and 2000 product). Very costly at minimum $595.00 US just for upgrade. http://www.mapinfo.com/location/integration But............found this tidbit on the net thanks to Debra Dalgleish. Mystery of the Missing Map Tool: If you believe Microsoft, the Excel Map tool is permanently out of action in Offi...

Logitech Trackman does not scroll in Explorer 8
In spite of having the latest driver installed, and the fact that scrolling works in every other Microsoft Office application, not to mention 3rd. party apps, why doesn't it work in IE8? Scrolling Logitech devices seems to be a particular mystery to IE programmers, looking at all the previous postings. -- J. W. McLachlan How do you know it's not a mystery to Logitech programmers? --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Brachy wrote: > In spite of having the latest driver installed, and the fact that scrolling > works in every other Microsoft Office application, n...

Can't open some mail after upgrade
Hello.. We upgraded our server to Exchange 2003. After the upgrade our clients using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 do not seem to be able to open mail that has been forwarded more than once and contains attachments. I can forward the same piece of mail to someone using an Outlook 2003 client and they can open it, but the client using Outlook 2000 cannot view the mail, preview the mail, forward the mail or even see or save the attacment. The error is: "Can't open this item. Could not complet the operation because the service provider does not support it." Any help...

get sql server schema to xml?
Hello, How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to convert the entire schema into an xml file. thanks in advance. You can use a DataReader's GetSchemaTable method "suzy" <suzy@spam.com> wrote in message news:ckNyb.372$nL5.173@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hello, > > How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to > convert the entire schema into an xml file. > > thanks in advance. > > Oops, sorry for not posting the link... you can do it with the Connection Object as well... here's a ...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

merged document printing
How do I print multiple copies of a merged document in Publisher? Seems to only allow one copy of the document. No option is available as it is when printing a regular document. If anyone has an answer please email me at: linked4life@hotmail.com Thank you http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "linked4life" <linked4life@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC3E45B-B7F2-4F8D-AD4D-02154C8C399B@microsoft.com... > How do I print mult...