Using html newsletter

Hi..

Do somebody know if there is a guide how to use publisher as a html
newsletter creator?..

0
dawa33 (1)

How do I insert a horizontal document into a portrait newsletter?
I edit a monthly newsletter with all the pages in portrait format. However, the monthly calendar has to be in horizontal form. I have not been able to find a way to digitally insert it into the newsletter while turning it on its side to fit into the newsletter format, so I have been scanning it and inserting it as a .jpg document which means I lose some sharpness in the process. There must be a better way. Insert a Section Break into the newsletter document before (and after if necessary) the spot where you want to insert the calendar and then via the Page Setup dialog, chan...

Within CRM, use Outlook, instead of the standard e-mail-activity
From within CRM, is it possible to open Outlook on ALL new e-mail activities in CRM (instead of using the default web-based form) ? The default web-based form is great, however I'd perfer to use Outlook itself, for all my mails. I know, I can start a new mail from outlook and assisgn it to a CRM-object from within the Outlook-client. However, since we have a lot of contacts and accounts, we often find a contact, by selecting the account first, or else by usage of the Advanced Search feature. Therefore, I'd like to start this mail from within CRM itself, but then use Outlook, in...

I'm I the only one pissed off at BofA for changing the format they use for reporting transactions?
Instead of putting the location where the transaction took place, the transaction entry now starts with: BANK CARD PURCHASE 0980980923482348923 WTF is that? Now I'm forced to manually change the payee so that the transactions auto-classify. Am I the only one noticing this? If not, please send an email to them about it through their site. Maybe if enough people complain they'll fix this problem. Its a long shot, but worth a try. njohn said the following: > Instead of putting the location where the transaction took place, the > transaction entry now starts with: BANK CARD PURCHA...

Using Reflextion
Hi! I have only seen some artificial example of how reflection can be used. Is it anyone that have any good example of when it's good to have this reflection. //Tony On 5/4/2010 4:10 PM, Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > I have only seen some artificial example of how reflection can be used. > Is it anyone that have any good example of when it's good to have this > reflection. > > //Tony > > I'm pretty sure that I have read XmlSerialization works via reflection. This is why the serialized class is required to have a public ...

Printing slected items after using autofilter
Hi can any please help me ? What I�m trying to do is to automate printing a shopping list via button and macro (code sorted for this ) printing a selected range fro my worksheet. What I have done is set an auto filter of the items I require and wha I want to do is to print the selected records, however this list ca get bigger or smaller dependant on the number of items selected. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated (Excel version 2000) Please see attached bitmap Many Thanks Ro +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: shopping list.bmp ...

Use of MID
if cell J2 has the text string - this is a test - and I wanted to refer to J2 using MID - how do I point to the cell J2 as the text string? Thanks in advance Hi Malinmore, MID(J2,1,5) equals "this " Right out of the Help file: MID(text,start_num,num_chars) Text is the text string containing the characters you want to extract. Start_num is the position of the first character you want to extract in text. The first character in text has start_num 1, and so on. If start_num is greater than the length of text, MID returns "" (empty text). If start_num is less...

Saving Report to PDF without using DLL OCX
I found this code on the internet and I am trying to get it to work but I am stumped. As far as I can tell it seems to work fine until i get to this piece of code: Do While (clsPDF.cOutputFilename = "") And (i < (maxTime * 1000 / sleepTime)) The clspdf.cOutputFilename is always empty. I also get a dialog box stating "This action can't be compleated because the other application is busy. Choose switch to to activate the busy application and correct the problem." But I can't select switch to because the app locks up. I have to go into taskmanage...

Using anonymous e-mail address
I notice that many of you have one word newsgroup addresses (Frank, Bill, Susie, and so forth) in groups. My actual address was harvested by spammers. I'd like to use an anonymous address, too. How can I emulate your anonymous IDs? Noted that your news posts properties show your IDs appear as "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" How can I do this just for newsgroups? I want to keep my email address intact for e-mail. Am using Outlook 2000 for e-mail and Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups on Win XP Home PC. Thanks in advance. Joseph, The email address that you see that are ma...

Challenge using SQL
To first explain, we have a server that contains 5.5 million records of financial accounts (I work for a debt collection agency). Some people may have records with multiple debts with different banks (or whatever). Some of these duplicates will contain phone numbers and what I need to do is populate records with no phone numbers from the matched duplicates. I have imported 40,000 records into a stand-alone access database to do some testing. I have created a duplicates query and create a new column that classifies valid and non valid phone numbers. But where do I go from there ... any...

Using Target.Address in Excel 98
Hi I have a code which as Target.Address which works in Excel 2000 but will not work in excel 98. Does anyone know what code to use for when a workbook change is to take affect. The current code which works in Excel 2000 is below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$G$26" Then If Range("G26") = "Other" Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("E28") = "Please speficy:" Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("G28:I28").Interior.ColorIndex = 2 ...

Conditional formatting using OR() & AND()
I am trying to find a formula to use for condition formatting. I trie using this, but I know my formula is messed up/ not formatted right. used: =OR(N4<>0,P4<>0) AND(X4="Y",R4<>0) I want the formula to say: Apply conditional formatting if: X4=Y and R4<>0 AND either N4 OR P4 is <>0 (but not both--it's not possible for both cell to have an entry.) So, in total I am looking for 3 cells in order to apply conditiona formatting. Can anyone help? Thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelT...

Add number of used rows to footer?
Is it possible to add the number of used rows to a spreadsheet's footer? I have a basic list in Excel 2000. the number of rows in the list changes weekly, and I would like to find a simple way to: 1 - Count the number of rows in the current list (minus the header row) 2 - Display this number in the footer of the printed spreadsheet. If anyone can help with either of these, I'd appreciate it! Thanks, E If there are no embedded blank cells in column A, you can get a count of the filled rows (minus the header) with the formula =COUNTA(A:A) - 1 To put that number in a footer, you nee...

We can't use a public folder, we can see it?
I have created a Group mailing folder in 'All public folders', set the permissions for my colleagues. they can see the folder on the navigation page, but cannot see it in the list when they create a new email, why? We are using 2007. Is this a Contacts folder? You'll have to add it to your Public Folder Favorites first. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/292 After that, you can configure the properties of the Contacts folder to show as an Outlook Address Book. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto...

Inability to use links
When I click on a link in my email, nothing happens. If I post the same link in Explorer, it works fine... the web site appears as advertised. I assume that the assocaition between IE and Outlook is broken but I don't know how to fix. Some hints on how to fix would be appreciated. Bruce Are you looking in the preview screen? If you actually open the message it should then become active. You might also have to hold ctrl when you click it. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on a link in my email, nothing happens. If I >post the same link in Explorer, it works ...

sorting using macro
I created a series of macros that sort my spreadsheet by a different column heads as needed, and assigned them to buttons, so I can sort by those column when I want to by just clicking. It works fine, until I go and do something else in the sheet, like highlight a range of data for printing. After that, the macro fails and when I click debug, Below is one of the macros that sorts the column headed by names (names is in A1)Any ideas what I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance. Ross Sub sortnames() ' ' sortnames Macro ' Macro recorded 9/14/2005 by ross D ' ' S...

Clip Art Searches
Why can't I use more then one word to search in clip art? For example, I want to find "Christmas Border" but I can only search for "Christmas" or seperately for "Border" both of which turn up 100+ pages. There are Christmas borders out there but I am forced to go through 100's of pages to find them. Select Special Occasions in the categories, input Christmas or borders, there aren't that many Christmas borders. There is an options link on the clipart page on the right top, click it and select 48, this will help. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http:/...

Using Tab Control in Dialogs?
Hello, I want to use tab control in my dialog. I can add page to my tab control, but how I can edit tab contents? (I don't want to use property sheets.) I'm going to use dialog resource as tab page contents. Thanks in advance. Sadjad Fouladi wrote: > Hello, > I want to use tab control in my dialog. I can add page to my tab > control, but how I can edit tab contents? (I don't want to use property > sheets.) I'm going to use dialog resource as tab page contents. > > Thanks in advance. For each page, create a modeless dialog template and class. Turn off t...

Publisher 2003-How does one learn how to use it?
I'm disgusted with Microsoft. I purchased Microsoft 2003 with digital imaging expecting to find manuals on how to use the product. There was a manual for the digital imaging, but none for Publisher. How does one learn how to use Publisher, through osmosis? Not including an operating manual is like going into a restaurant and ordering your meal only to find out the restaurant doesn't supply silverware. Does anyone know ehere I can get a manual or training? I appreciate your responses. Ron strange you think Microsoft would care about what you think. Ron Publisher up to version...

Outlook displaying HTML weirdly and attachments as plain text?? Help.
Hi, All of a sudden my SBS 2003 box is passing me emails from people who are sending me email in HTML format but I see it like this: This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C89B01.1EE51FF9 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C89B01.1EE51FF9" ------_=_NextPart_002_01C89B01.1EE51FF9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Attachments appear like this: ------_=_NextPart_001_01C89B01.1EE51FF9 Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel; name="ACCORD 2007-8....

Not able to get private appointments programaticaly using Outlook 2002
We currently have Outlook 2002 and shared a resource calendar to his/her manager. The manager can see the time blocked for the resource's private appointments. But when we get the appointments programaticaly using MAPIFolder and DAppointmentItem objects using a C++ programm we are not able to get the private appointments. We used to get the appointments using Outlook 98 and by checking the Sensitivty value we were able to identify it as a private appointment Thanks, Aresh ...

Don't know what functions to use....
Hi...the end result that I am trying to accomplish is to list the names of my employees that I have scheduled for each day. A1 holds their names B1 thru O1 hold the times that they should come in to work. In another sheet I am trying to see if they work on "Monday" in B1 of schedules sheet and if they are working I want it to pull the name from A1. I need this to list the names of the people that are working. Schedule Sheet Mon Tue Wed ....... Tom Am Pm Steve Am Lisa Pm Pm Fred Am Am Pm ....... List Sheet MonAm MonPm TueAm TuePm WedAm WedPm Tom Lisa Steve Tom Lis...

OWA 2003 stripping HTML attachments
When a users is using OWA and they receive attachment that uses the html extension, they can click on it and it will open up IE but nothing is there. If the users uses his Outlook, the attachment is fine. How can we turn off OWA filtering html attachments? Rob ...

File size limit when using Move-item cmdlet?
Greetings all, Quick question. Is there a file size limitation when using the Move-item cmdlet? Given the example below, it works great for smaller files (approx 7 MB) but not for larger files (approx 8 GB). There exists 3 files in the $SRC_DIR. MHSPHP_0326.bak (approx 7 MB) PRJ_PHINFO_LT_0628.bak (approx 8 GB) PRJ_PHINFO_LT_backup_201006301100.bak (approx 8 GB) Issuing the following commands in Powershell 1.0 PS C:\> $SRC_DIR = "D:\DB Backups\AQDEV\PRJ_PHINFO_LT" PS C:\> $DEST_DIR = "\\windcsrv\Backup\dbarchives\PRJ_PHINFO_LT" PS C:\> Get...

Missing Menu and Tool bars when using MSVDM
Hello, Has anyone else run in to a problem using Microsoft's Virtual Desktop Manager and Excel? Excel opens just fine and looks normal. Then if I switch desktops and switch back, Excel still has my workbook open but the menu bar and the tool bars are gone. It's just the title bar and my workbook. Tried things like Alt-F to see if the File menu would pop open even though it is not visible, but no luck. Just wondering if anyone else has run in to this and if you know how to get them back. Thanks, Sean same thing happens to me. I have not found a solution (short of not using ms...

How do I use .Create on a control class?
For example, I want to progamatically add a CEdit to the main dialog in a dilaog based app. So, I declare a CEdit object called skill, then I call skill.Create(<style flags>, <rect>, <CWnd*>, etc... The question is this, where do I get the CWnd* ? I can declare one, but what do I initialize it to? I have tried using "this" as my CWnd* but if I do that, the control does not show up in the dialog. I did specify WS_CHILD and WS_VISIBLE in my style flags. What am I doing wrong? CWnd* is the base class of CDialog*, just pass it 'this' (self reference ...