using Crossed Lines template

When I enter my document title in the text box above the crossed lines
template, it does not carry over to the other pages in the document, nor does
find/replace work either.  How can it be done so my text entered on one page
is duplicated on all others in my document?
0
jcam (1)

Put the title on the Master Page (ctrl+m), it will appear on all pages.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"jcam" <jcam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I enter my document title in the text box above the crossed lines
> template, it does not carry over to the other pages in the document, nor does
> find/replace work either.  How can it be done so my text entered on one page
> is duplicated on all others in my document?

0
gsauer (5093)

Line Items skipped in PO Generation
We are currently using Dynamics GP v9.0. Our Purchasing Agent has been having a problem now for a couple of months when printing Purchase Orders - As she enters each item, they show correctly on the screen (1, 2, 3, etc), however upon printing the PO, line 2 (or 3) is left blank and then becomes 3 or whatever the next line item would be. The item is not 'skipped' on the PO, just moved down one line item, thus creating a 'blank' line item so that the vendor then thinks there is a line item missing. Any suggestions? This is happening whether there are two items or 20. t...

How to use a DLL!?
Hi all, according with your experince: 1. I'm exporting class functions from DLL instead of global function, is there something i've to check!? 2. I need to run a DLL func in a separate thread, at moment the app create the thread and exec this func. I actually prefer the DLL to start the thread, any problems doing so!? Thanks you all!! Ale ...

What is wrong with this line?
mySeries[1] = mySeriesCollection.Add(myWorksheet.get_Range("D2", "D13"), Excel.XlRowCol.xlColumns, false, false, false); Causes this error... System.InvalidCastException was unhandled OleAut reported a type mismatch. What am I doing wrong? ...

No results using DateDiff
I am working with DateDiff . I get no error messages but also do not get any results in my calculated field. I have two dates, START_DATE and END_DATE and I need to know the number of days between them. START_DATE and END_DATE are both Date/Time type with a Short Date format. I am working in the QBE grid to write the query. I select an empty column and put my DateDiff calculation on the line below Or: in the Criteria area. I have tried: [END_DATE]-[START_DATE] and DateDiff("d",[START_DATE],[STOP_DATE]) Both approaches ask for parameter values for Time and STOP_DATE. If I d...

Series order conflicts with line order
I've set my series in the order that I want, however, it conflicts with the visual layout of the lines. One data line (less important) visually obstructs another line in the chart. Is there a way to change the layout order (without changing the series order), i.e., forcing it "back" or "behind" another line. Thanks. Diana Hi, Perhaps you could use the secondary axis, which will plot lines in front of the primary axis series. Add a new series based on the same cells and set it to the secondary axis. That should sort the obstruction. You will then need to remo...

cant print spread sheet with lines on it
i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings thanks. File > Page Setup > Sheet tab > Put a checkmark in 'Gridlines'. Hope this helps. George Gee "steve earle" <steve earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6017023B-592D-400B-A671-8B65C1BB02A4@microsoft.com... >i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get > the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings > thanks. t...

publisher templates #3
I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat half fold cards in Publisher. After reading the suggestions via further postings, I wish Microsoft would explain why they chose to remove the 3rd option for a half fold card from its' more recent edition. It was SO much easier and handier to click the 3rd option of page setup to create a half fold card. I have the Avery textured half-fold cards and I used them with the earlier verson of Publisher. When it ain't broke; don't fix it! Sonya645 wrote: >I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat &...

id like to know where i can find a template for repay of a loan

polynomial formula for a line graph...
Hi. I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. Excel can give you the formula for a charted function... what I mean is, given a few data points, it can create a best fit curve, and display the function that it used to do that... Would someone remind me where, please? Thanks. Hi, Right click the data series and pick Add Trendline. From the dialog you can choose the type of trend line and whether to display the formula. Cheers Andy mark wrote: > Hi. > > I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. > > Excel can give you the formula for ...

Use of subkeys in SetRegistryKey
The following code causes ini settings to be stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Product Group\<application name> \<section name>\<value name> SetRegistryKey("Company\\Product Group"); This is what I want it to do, but there is nothing in the documentation to say that this should work. Is this unsupported behaviour that may not work in future windows versions or supported but undocumented behaviour? Thanks <dimstthomas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190714009.923549.98910@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following code causes ini sett...

Transfer Files Using VBA
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew Jrew, You could create a batch file (from the olden days) using XCOPY and desired bel...

blank postcard template 4 x 6
Hi, I have a postcard that I made in MS Publisher that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in size. Obviously I can't use a .23 cent stamp on this item. I was interested in modifying my larger postercard and reducing it to a 4 x 6 template size so I can save on postal expenses. I couldn't find a blank template! I've purchased card stock and am ready to figure out a way to convert the larger size to (4) 4x6 smaller postcards printed on a full sheet 8 1/2 x 11. I'll then have them cut to size. So.. is there a easy to use template out there and how do I convert (shrink) my current postc...

Using Outlook with a VPN
Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to work from home, today one of the employees highlighted a problem with it though. When connected through the vpn, they are unable to access their Outlook emailand insted have to disconnect and then access through a normal dial-up. Any thoughts? Many Thanks Try this. When you get the VPN login screen, choose Properties. On the Options tab, check the box next to Include Windows logon Domain. That helped me. Bob >-----Original Message----- >Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to >work f...

Frustrated Beyond Measure
I loved Money 2005, recommended it to friends and got 2 great years of use out of it. Then, it forced me to upgrade to continue online services. I didn't mind since it was only $40 and I got two good years out of it. However, Money Plus Deluxe has been a nuisance. I have never gotten portfolio manager to work. I spent 2 weeks sending emails with support where the guy eventually said "if this doesn't work, I can't help you." Great... shoudl I go buy Quicken? This weekend, I decided to try to completely uninstall Money and try a reinstall to get Portfolio Manag...

dialog based app & command line
Hello, I'm trying to launch my application with command line arguments, but I received an error, without any identification number of it. The MessageBox tolds me: "Runtime error" "the path to my exe file" "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact...". Have somebody a ideea where is the problem? Thank you a lot in advance, Alex PS: When I debbutg the appllication with command line args. from project properties the app. starts very well Try setting the start command line options fro...

Placeholders in Templates
How does one create the placeholders that appear in templates [Type-Address-Hear] that add the little tab when you click on them? See the article "Using MacroButton fields" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/UsingMacroButton.htm Or better See the article "How to create a Userform" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm and the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website : http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to a...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

Issue when using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi! I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone guide me on how to handle this? M P What issues have you seen? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:eoqSaBjTGHA.5884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can > anyone guide me on how to handle this? > > M P > It was pretty easy for me to find this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft...

Exchange no longer available
Courtesy of Katrina, my brother-in-law's job and Exchange server are no more. He knows he has personal folders and contacts on his laptop, but Outlook choles on not connecting to Exchange and won't let him see the local stuff either. How does one tell Outlook not to try to connect to Exchange and instead use the local pst file? It might be easier to create a new profile and then use File Open to access the personal folder file, you create a new profile in Control Panel || Mail <philmcin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126736961.961262.92120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

Equation of smoothed line between points
HI, I know I can add a trend line and get the equation for it. But the data I have does not really fit the trendline types offered. When I just add a line between the points and it is in SMOOTHED mode, is there any way to get that equations. Or at least to find values on that line between existing data points. And I realize I could linearly interpolate between those point, but I would rather have the smoothed line. THanks for the help. -- Mark Mesarch School of Natural Resources University of Nebraska-Lincoln You realize that the smoothing is not rigorously defined to track the da...

having problems using performanceCouter
hi, i've made a program that shows the CPU idle time using the performance counter, using Visual C# . however, from some reason, it works on any computer other than my home PC . i've searched on the net but couldn't find what causes it. what i get is an exception that if is not caught, closes the program. here's a picture of what i get while debugging: http://img294.yfrog.com/i/picture20091211182403.png/ what i think is that maybe some service of windows (that the performance counter needs) doesn't work well(or is just disabled) . my computer runs on Windo...

Using Jet to read excel file returns blank for last cell
With VB6 I am opening an Excel file to query the contents using ADO. I am then using the contents of the worksheet to create a format file that is used for a bulk insert into SQL Server. We designed the program this way so that users can use a spreadsheet to import data in any format they want and process the data based on values set in the spreadsheet. This keeps us from having to design new tables and format files for new record layouts which come down pretty often. Everything works fine usually. There is just one perculiarity that is happening with the Excel file. Sometimes, th...

Is there templates for refunds/credits?
I have several vendors that at one point or another need to send back credits or ask for refunds. I would like to see something already in use for this procedure. Is there anything out there? Thanks. ...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...